Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:48:56
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 
Remember that Godfather? Started by: AqueousTransmission on Jun 30, '17 16:30

A name etched on a stone for every Godfather there has been... 

Achieving the rank is supposed to be considered an honourable feat so why shouldn't everyone who has been there get a mention? 

It could be roleplayed into like a stone or a book of some sort? Probably the latter... Newspaper? Book of the ages?  or simply in the stats page.

I don't know if this has ever been suggested although if it had why wouldn't it be implemented? or does this sound like a stupid idea to some? I don't know let me know your thoughts...

Report Post Tip

There already is a historical character archive you can search through, --> here. <--

With 3 districts in each city, each being able to take a GF spot, there's literally been dozens upon dozens and dozens of GF's. If they weren't able to sustain their memory in other peoples minds through the actions they did while they were alive, they SHOULD be forgotten, in my opinion.

Regardless, there's still all their Street appearances you could stop at to remember them, provided they're not one of the mute GFs...

Report Post Tip

I wasn't really going for the whole argument about if they have done a good or bad job to be remembered it was simply like a page dedicated to fact they died as a mob boss and a time frame and place they did their business. It would merely be for reference and interest.

Although you make a good point that there were many of them and maybe that would be a downside to my request then again if it could be done I still believe it would be interesting to wade through the page to remember names you've forgotten. There has been many good and bad and with some of us that don't always have the greatest memory to remember all of them of the top of our heads.

Report Post Tip

If we had a comments section (something like the funerals, but, specifically for posting (sometimes years after) on the wall), would it kind of end up just being filled with insults and crap?

Its not that I want to get into heavy moderation, but, it would be cool to have a 'good memories about this GF' area that isnt a warzone.  Any suggestions on how this can happen without a crapton of admin moderation?

Report Post Tip

How about make a streets sticky forum that has it, and only Mademen+ can comment (To avoid people hidding in 1 hour accounts just to talk shit then suiciding) And since it would be like a "Hall of Fame" type of thing on the streets it would basically be treated same as other forums or graves where you cant just say "Yeah Rest in Shit this person" Or garbage like that. Basically the Mademen+ makes that easier.

I know it's a half assed idea but if anyone has a better one please enlighten me.

Report Post Tip

I'm not too sure on how you would stop that kind of thing, squishy, although if you could make it so that you can't post on it for a certain amount of time until after they died it would stop people who were in the heat of the moment from posting insults and such. In turn I think that would limit the amount of it posted. 

Also what JoeKing has said don't let new accounts post in it until certain amount of time.

Report Post Tip

I could see that working - perhaps both? Require perhaps a month or two after their death, and being at least Made?

Report Post Tip

Or, just a thought, a voting kind of stuff.

From 0 to 10 as an overall rating as an example...

Report Post Tip

I've suggested something like this before, but on a "All time High Score" kinda mechanic. Once you get to GF there could be a number of points which is calculated from your stats somehow. Maybe taking into account activity levels, number of members, loyalty, gun stat... everything. 

It would then be in a hall of fame, giving Godfathers a goal or something to motivate them to keep working. When you reach the top, there's little to keep working for. It's like getting to the end of a video game and then just having to wait until your console overheats or something.

The challenge against this was that the game is always changing, and that could impact the score, making any which followed redundant.

Report Post Tip

Kind of going off topic but to get back to topic and resolve such an issue how about this...?

After someone makes an account and posts in all of the different forums (over time) they gather up a certain score (which could be hidden from them and the public) which enables them to post in certain places such as the one presented...

That could also be implemented into other things if you wished and would most likely cut down the amount of abuse certain threads and forums receive.

Report Post Tip

I like this idea and wonder if rather than a new place to commemorate Godfathers their obit could simply be permanent but locked after the normal amount of time. 

Generally posting negative comments in obits is already looked down on, but if they happen to be so hated in their lifetime that people still post a lot of shit then I feel like it's fine for that to be recorded. Since the thread is locked you wouldn't get people shit talking them for years or months on end.

As well as a way to remember Godfathers it would also give a nice snapshot of the game at the time, reading everyone's comments in their obituaries. It could also encourage more people to come out and pay respects to Godfathers which seems fitting.

I guess the main downside is still the moderation/shit talking aspect of it, but it shouldn't really be any worse than funeral threads are currently.

Report Post Tip

how about when godfather+ dies they get added to a memorial page (called graveyard) and the head stone reads their name and crew and date they died

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Remember that Godfather?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL