Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:35:10
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Loyalty Started by: Squishy on Jul 01, '17 16:04

We are doubling the effectiveness of a disloyal status placed by anyone rank mademan or above on their crewleader.  This status stay in play up to 30 days after demotion or death of said member.

Report Post Tip

Peoples Loyalty remains to count for their CL after they die?

Report Post Tip

The general vibe lives on among the halls of the HQ for a little while.  Eventually enough time passes that the opinions of those in the past mean very little that they just fade away.

Report Post Tip

What exactly does disloyal status do? 

Report Post Tip

Play the game and find out?

Report Post Tip

I have played the game, for quite some time. No one has ever been able to fully explain it too me. You can be pissy about what I'm writing on the streets and not have to be an ass when I ask a legitimate game question. 

Report Post Tip

Originally, a CL got bonuses for things like.. HQ size and member count.

Then we evolved thinking that a mademan is worth more than a gangster... so mademan+ gave extra bonuses.

Then we evolved thinking that a decent checks and balance to keep the CLs loyal to their members would be to not just assume via code that the CL deserves the bonus, but rather let the member pick anonymously in a way that only the member can see and know.

(These are made up numbers to illustrate the point)

Undecided
  Thug - Wiseguy =  0
  Mademan and up =  +1

Disloyal
  Thug - Wiseguy =  -1
  Mademan and up =  -10

Loyal
  Thug - Wiseguy =  +1
  Mademan and up =  +3

Take A Bullet
  Thug - Wiseguy =  +1
  Mademan and up =  +5
  The member, if they are online, in the same location and active at the same time as the CL (and some other non disclosed stuff) can take the bullet from any legit shot (non pro shot), and absorb that damage, die, and only the leftover damage carries over to the CL.  The members BGs do not factor into this.  Sometimes this will take enough heat off of the shot that it doesn't kill the CL.

We geared the numbers so that if the majority of members are Loyal, the CL actually gets more boosts than the previous system.  The goal is that better crewleaders that provide a better family should get the extra boost over those that have a family that doesn't like the leader.  On the flip side, a leader can get much less of the bonuses if they have a few disloyal high rankers.

Report Post Tip

You're entitled to say whatever you want, wherever you want. It has no bearing upon my response to you here.

You literally asked how a game feature worked, which I would not like disclosed in a public forum because transparency about sensitive game information is a genuine problem and has, to a degree, spoiled the game in the past.

Report Post Tip

Thank you very much Squishy for your response. I appreciate it. 

LarryLongNeck, this doesn't seem to be something one would learn just by "playing the game". 

Report Post Tip

It seems exactly like that to me. 

Report Post Tip

This isn't a forum to swing your dick, it's an informative one. Let's try to keep it that way.

Report Post Tip

I think this is a great change

although it is a bit sad to see the same people arguing in every forum I visit. We all know its going to lead to them killing everyone lol

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

With the way this weighted it seems more likely people will be held back for nothing more than mistrust over an unknown bloodline (yes I know uppers can't ask below made about bloodlines, but you inevitably get people who tell you they are to get an easy spot in the HQ).

Report Post Tip

30 days after death? Are we talking Karma spirit?

Report Post Tip

I m yet to see anyone tagged disloyal :/

Report Post Tip

_OM_ You can't see what members have their Loyalty setting at - it's 100% anonymous.

Report Post Tip

AH ...Thanks TheDonBot & Squishy i didn't know the "Take a bullet" shit was literal serious XD...wow

Report Post Tip

well make it visible to the crew. that way it get cl and hand to try to make good atmosphere and to build loyalty in the crew 

Report Post Tip
Shadow, if it was visible it would never be truthful and thus, defeats the purpose.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Making it public would be silly. It'll just get them to kill anyone not loyal. A good crew leader doesn't have to worry about someone setting themselves to disloyal and a bad one likely won't care one way or another.
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Loyalty
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL