Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 16:26:11
Page:  1 
The Celebration Started by: Malice on Jul 17, '17 19:01

"Finally!" Malice turned to Azoth and smiled "everything is set up and in order." it had been very busy since she had set up a headquarters in New York. She was exhausted and had been working nonstop to perfect everything. Sitting back, she dropped her hands to her sides and closed her eyes for a moment. Now she could enjoy her new family members and have some fun.

She shot up suddenly, eyes wide she turns to Azoth,  "I think we need to have a celebration, a big one, over the top extravagant. I'm thinking the finest foods, the best music, and we'll invite everyone. We'll make sure invitations are hand delivered to Miss solum and -BruceWayne- as well as Miss -SelinaKyle-. They are our closest neighbors. As a matter of fact reserve a table for just them and their plus ones. A flyer can be passed out through the city and see to it that our neighboring cities get the invite somehow as well" pausing for a second to think, a big smile comes across her face "Wine, lots of wine, and liquor... Azoth you aren't writing a thing down." Sighing she grabbed a piece of paper and pen she wrote all the things she is expecting and all the specifics to how she wanted it set out. She handed the paper to her right hand and he set out to delegate the details of the party planning. 

Report Post Tip

Once he had been given his 'orders', Azoth marched off into the HQ to see which members he could pick on and delegate work to do, he'd be damned if he was going to be the one to run around doing all the work required to organise a huge party like the one Malice had planned in her head. Finding a group of the families members sitting around a table playing cards gave Azoth the perfect opportunity to kill multiple birds with one stone. 

"Ronnie, Colin, Vino and Paul! Come here right now!" Azoth shouted, scaring the poor lads half to death they scurried across to where Azoth was standing "Yes boss?? Whats up?" they stuttered. "We're gonna throw a party, a massive and important party and I need you four to organise a few things for me without any fuck up's or i'll have yer heads. Now Ronnie, I want you to get down to Oscar's Delmonico's and speak to their head chef, he knows us and im sure he will more than gladly help us cater the event. Colin, I want you to organise the invitations and get them sent out, here's a list of everyone we want invited" Azoth said as he handed him a slip of paper "Now Vino, I want you to work on finding us the entertainment. Figure out some ideas and come back to me but we want it to be extravagant and don't care about how much it costs. Lastly Paul... I've saved the most important job till last just for... You have the honour of sourcing us a ton.. and I mean a ton of Alcohol. I don't care if you need to rob a brewery, get us enough booze for a small country..."

Report Post Tip

Days had went by and it was finally time. Malice was so excited she didn't know what to do with herself. She walked into the main ballroom to see beautifully decorated tables with red and black silks. Floral arrangements all around the room. The place settings in matching colors with the finest dinnerware. She checked in with the band that had been hired to make sure that they were ready and advised them that people should be arriving momentarily. She walked to the room adjacent to the ball room and saw it lined with tables covered with delicious foods. On the other side wine, liquor, and a few bartenders ready to serve. She smiled at them and returned to the main hall to greet guests. 

She was impressed by how beautiful everyone looked as they arrived. She herself was wearing a form fitting long black dress, her hair naturally curled was draped over her shoulders. She added a few accessories, a necklace, bracelet and earrings but nothing overly flashy. She began shaking hands and directing people towards the rooms, happy to be able to meet so many new people and see the ones she already knew. 

Report Post Tip

Hearing about the party that was taking place I________I________I donned his best suit which had been beautifully tailored and carefully fitted to hide his slowly growing beer belly that had started growing since his life of crime had taken off. He checked he had the invitation and a small present for the boss. A last minute shine of the new two-tone shoes he had specially bought for this party, and donned his best, black homburg hat, and he set off. 

Arriving at the party he nervously walked up to the door. Not being one for big, fancy events I________I________I wondered what to expect as he entered the main room. He saw the boss, Malice, and went straight over to give her a small gift he had picked up. It wasn't much, but he hoped it pleased her. A fine piece of jewellery that he had spent a large chunk of his earnings on.

"Thank you for all you do boss, and thank you for hosting such a wonderful event. I hope to get to know a few more people here and look forward to the great entertainment you have arranged. The place looks spectacular. Can I perhaps get you a drink form the bar?"

Next straight over to Azoth, to pass an envelope of money over in respect.

"Evening Azoth, if there is any extra work to be done, I am available to help out".

Looking around the ballroom, he was amazed at how much effort had gone into the lavish displays that had been placed around the room. He thought it best to go get a drink to steady his nerves before the other higher ranking mobsters arrived. Making his way to the bar he put in his order and waited for the other guests to arrive. 

Report Post Tip

Bruce straightened his blue tie for what had to be the 8th or 9th time since he'd been picked up from his current residence in New York. His car was stuck the middle, making it the third car in a 5 car convoy. The first two were packed full of the finest models in the city that could be found and were available. Availability wasn't a problem, for as long as his money was good and he was a Wayne, people were always available for him.

'Although that might not be true for everyone' He thought to himself. Anyway the two cars trailing behind him would be for the women at the celebration. Those cars carried the most eligible bachelors inside of fire department, and a few body building bachelors. He believed it also had once or two CEO's or VP's of a company or two that had wanted to do business with him. He figured he'd bring them along for the women interested in handsome men with a lot of money, also so the wives at the party had nice things to look at and admire as well as the husbands. He was a philanthropist after all, and this wasn't his first shindig. 

As the convoy stopped he realized that they must have arrived. His thoughts were confirmed as about a minute later this new temporary driver of his came to open his door so he could get out. As he looked ahead and back he noticed that most of the other cars had been emptied first, as was the plan. He then looked to the place where the party was to be held. He found relief when he saw there were no paparazzi waiting to take pictures and no people to shout questions at him from behind ropes. Seeing as that's what he almost dreaded the most a relieved and real smile took the place of his usual fake smiles on his face. 

He walked up the stairs and entered the building last. It was the plan. Draw the attention of most of the people with the group of new comers entering first and then enter last himself to let the people know who they had come with. Carefully planned like everything else he did. He did have an image to maintain after all, even in New York, or especially in New York.

As he entered one of the models waited by the door for him and took his arm as he walked in the door. She was the ambitious sort who wanted to help boost her profile by being attached to his. He didn't mind since Bruce- errr, HE always usually had a date and his usual one had some complications and couldn't be here with him tonight.

As he walked into the main ballroom behind his "entourage" of people he took note of the nice a very well decorated ballroom. He had been to tons of parties, events, galas, and other stuff of the sort but he always made sure to admire the hard work the prepares put in, and the money behind the people who set this up. He had THROWN plenty in his time too, and recognized how much they cost too. He then remembered that a lot of eyes were on him, so he figured he'd better address that situation, so he widened his smile and waved to everyone who was looking at him.

He then made a quick survey of the room, deciding he'd better get some food first, before going to make the rounds and talk to folks. With that, he headed off for the food table as he took note of where everyone who was important was located.

Report Post Tip

Sal was a bit surprised getting the invitation to such an important sounding event, but quickly realized it couldn't have much to do with his low status, but rather that everyone had been invited. To be fair, Sal had caught on quickly and was slowly gaining the respect of his fellow mobsters, so he decided that even though he wasn't much for lavish parties, he should at least show up and mingle. It might help his own business to meet more people in this thing of ours, make new contacts, and generally expand his circle of friends and acquaintances. 

Sal knew he'd be small-time compared to most of the mobsters that came, so a big entrance would just be silly. He opted to slip into the back door, grabbing a drink on his way into the main room. Even though he was low man on the totem pole, it felt nice to see the perks of organized crime. This was by no means a backyard barbeque. This celebration had obviously been planned and carried out by people that cared about details, down to the lighting, the exquisite displays, excellent alchohol, and comfortable seating.

He made his way around slowly, greeting other mobsters he recognized from the area, while being sure to pay respects to Malice before finding a seat. 

Report Post Tip

His invite had been received.

He knew the time, the date and the location.

Removing his suit from the cloest, he placed it down and selected the finest pressed shirt to match. It had been a while since he had been to such an extravagent affair and wanted to ensure he was in his finest form when representing the family for such a marvleous event. One final check and he was return to depart. Hailing for the driver to bring round the transportation, he jumped inside and made his way to the venue.

Upon arrival, he noticed that members from the neighbouring New York families had already started to arrive. Quickly offering a nod here and there, he made his way over to the head table, handing Malice and Azoth an envelope each.

"A little something just to offset the expenses which you would surely have incurred for this event. Now if you will excuse me, I am parched and I hear the drinks are free flowing tonight."

Making his way over to the bar, he ordered himself a whiskey on the rocks, a light drink to get him started. Next up, time to find a suitable seat to enjoy the evenings entertainment and the opportunity to mingle with New York's fellow mobsters.

Report Post Tip

Needing a night to get away and enjoy himself, Kendrick was excited to hear about this party Miss Malice was throwing. He didn't get out much, but he felt he needed to socialize with his peers in this new life that he had.

He dressed in a brand new suit he had custom tailored, and put on some nice new dress shoes to match. Before leaving, he ensured his tie was straight and he was properly groomed and went to the party.

Arriving at the party, Kendrick saw fellow New Yorkers socializing as well. He recognized some of the faces and waved at those he knew. He saw his crew leader and her right-hand man were talking to others, so he decided to pay his visit a little later.

He went to the bar and saw fellow crew member Yhwach getting a drink. Kendrick smiles at the bartender and he places his order

"Cognac if you have it. Otherwise, anything dark will do."

The bartender hands Kendrick his drink. He gives his thanks and kindly nods at Yhwach before venturing towards a balcony.

Kendrick takes a generous sip of his drink and removes a cigar from his suit pocket. He lights it and begins puffing overlooking the city lights.

Report Post Tip

Receiving the invitation, Solum stared at the paper while at her desk. She normally was not one to get all decked out in fancy clothing but it was rare for her to be invited to a celebration. Without thinking twice she went to find a outfit, in her closet. Never touching the dress she had hidden away from her mothers collection she put it on. It was a long blood red dress with a A frame design free flowing and light. No straps but tied in the back. She was not pleased by the coloration but looked at herself in the mirror. She had one other dress but she did not want to wear the tight fitted blue fabric. She slipped on some black heels packing a change of clothes, and her boots, encase she needed to change into something quickly for a job she could be called into. She did up her hair simple waves for the naturally straight raven hair. Lightly adding some color to her skin she looked at herself. Her tattoos stood out like a sore thumb but she went ahead and went out to her ride with her guards.

Upon arrival Solum slipped out of her ride as it went to park not far away. Staring at the people around she made her way to the area she was supposed to meet Malice, greeting her and Azoth she gave a smile and stood near them. "Perfect timing for this celebration right?" She waited for a answer before heading to her seat. She did not know if her plus one would show but she was stopped by the others who just wanted to chat. So she gave them the pleasure of a conversation before sitting near her handman -Brucewayne-.

Report Post Tip

Selina shouted for Alfred, and within a moment he was standing in the bedroom doorway inquiring of her needs.

"Has Bruce left already?"

Alfred nodded serenely.

"Yes Miss Kyle.  Roughly about half an hour ago.  Sounded quite jolly towards the evening ahead."

His accent never failed to make her smile as he was so proper with regards to everything.  He looked after Selina like a daughter.  She glanced to the clock on the nightstand before sighing loudly.

"Everything alright Miss?"

One fell smooth motion had Selina standing up beside the hotel bed.  Alfred had a slightly concerned look on his face as he watched her head off towards the closet.  She was mumbling something he couldn't quite make out exactly, so he quietly left the room, closing the door behind him. Alfred smiled once outside the room knowing very well his 'jolly' comment did just the trck he was expecting.  Diffusing that stubbornness Selina held onto with a fierceness.

"What do you think Alfred?  Purple or black?"

Selina awaited his opinion, but after a few seconds with nothing she walked out of the walk-in closet to find herself alone in the bedroom. She sighed softly, borderline hissing then focused on the two choices of evening wear she held in her hands.  After a few moments deciding, Selina chose her signature color, black.  

The black lace Chanel evening gown clung to her bodice like a second skin, while the skirt was a bit more flowing.  The three inch straps gave the modest neckline a classy feel to the dress.  As she twirled in front of the mirror, the hemline swooshed around with her.  Her green eyes gleamed bright with a memory of someone she knew quite well that wore attire that swooshed.

She went to fix up her hair, deciding to wear it up for the evening.  Moments later after everything was in place, Selina tilted her head side to side making sure every dark brown strand was neatly tucked in place.  After sliding her feet into the shiny black Oxfords, Selina re-entered the bedroom.  She stood in front of the dresser retrieving the matching gloves to her dress from the top drawer.  Once she adorned her arms with the black satin gloves trimmed with lace then Selina focused on the sparkly hair clips.

She held one of the diamond studded hairclips in the palm of her hand.  The diamonds sparkled in the lighting which made her grin her usual catlike grin.  Someone special had bought these for her, and she wore them on special occasions.  The vee shaped design of the hairclip gave the appearance of cat "ears" the way she wore both, one on each side.  One last look in the mirror then she was off to collect something very important to her.

"Alfredddd....Oh!  There you are I need you to ca...."

"Yes Miss I have arranged a taxi for you already, so it should be waiting for you downstairs."

"But how.."

Alfred merely arched his eyebrow then returned to what he was doing.  That man never failed to impress Selina.  With his effiency, she was arriving at the destination of a celebration.  She wasn't entirely sure what the celebration was for, but all that mattered to her was one thing. The driver pulled to a stop then assisted her from the taxi.  As she entered the place, everywhere she looked people were milling about talking in clusters, food trays covering table upon table, but she didn't see him yet.  

She headed into the ballroom then paused taking in the decor.  Elegant atmosphere, spacious yet cozy the way the tables were placed.  Her green eyes glanced around the room when someone tapped on her shoulder.  Selina turned to find a server holding an appetizer tray, but that wasn't what caught her attention.  He extended his arm out towards her with an envelop, her name written in an elegant penmanship.  He moved away disappearing into the crowd as she opened it up.  Curiosity coarsed all through her veins as she unfolded a piece of paper. 

Be ready for an adventure.  X

Selina hissed softly as she tucked the paper and envelop in the rhinestone clutch to sort out later when they returned to the hotel.  She came for a bit of excitement, not deal with a crazy person always looking for a fight.  She began glancing around the ballroom once more until she spotted -BruceWayne-.  He was seated at a table with their lovely bosslady, Solum.  Selina stood there for a moment observing him.  He had a strained expression on his face, she could see it from where she stood, almost as if he was unhappy, and the brief smile he did just now as someone said something, gave proof to her thoughts.

He nodded to someone then set his glass down.  He stood up then adjusted his chair heading in her direction.  The moment he realized she was standing there was enough to make her purr with satisfaction.  Selina grinned as his pace increased, and within a few blinks he was standing in front of her.

"Well hello there Handsome!  You certainly clean up quite nice."

Selina grabbed his hand tugging him oh so close to her then purred softly in his ear.

"Let's get outta here Handsome and have our own celebration, hmm.  I know the purrfect location."

After placing a soft kiss on his neck, she could tell instantly he had zero resistance against her charms, so Selina slid her arm through his as he steered them through the crowd, headed off to that special place where things all began in the Big Apple.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Celebration
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL