Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 14:10:13
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: The Armory Started by: Kendra on Jul 09, '10 22:52

Another exciting change has swept the MafiaReturns nation!

Everyone please give a warm welcome to 'The Armory'.

The Armory gives a family the ability to store up to 5 extra guns in case of an emergency. This is a credit based feature that either the Crew Leaders, Right Hands or Left Hands can access.

The normal function of the armory will have the ability to 'deposit' the guns that your family automatically generates every five days. Your crew earns guns based upon the total number of petties that they complete. The more petties they do, the faster the guns get generated and the faster the armory gets stocked.

As an addition, the Crew Leaders themselves will be able to take a 'short cut' and credit the armory full of guns themselves.

When your crew has an armory, you as a member will be able to 'Give up your gun' to the armory for storage (with a 250 petty replacement policy). You can purchase a gun for a credit (only at Goomba rank or higher, and only at a point where you are 50 or less petties away from getting your gun back).

Pretty badass, no? Enjoy!
Jazz hands to the extreme

Report Post Tip

Whoa, that is pretty bad ass, for CLs and RHMs and LHMs. Anyway I'm sure it'll benefit me someday.

The Armory= Badass for life.

Report Post Tip

I can't help but consider that it significantly reduces the chance of luck for an underhanded opponent, say, someone on the opposing end who loses their gun on a sketchy wack, giving the underhanded opponent the chance to capitalize on their fortune - it almost guarantees that the outcome will be predetermined to an underhanded - or for the most part, decimated foe, and a gun loss to the attacker an insignificant and roadblock requiring a few clicks.I always liked to consider this world to rely on a small - but important - factor of chance. Perhaps I'd be more comfortable with removing the instant buy feature and leaving it up to the crew to make or break whether the crew will have firearms available to the more disadvantaged - sacrificing your gun for the better of the crew, rather than having a window open for someone to immediately replenish the supply without assistance from their members - who are ostensibly their family.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm. I like it overall... But it seems counter-productive to the measures taken after the all out war when Scipita was GM of Philly- I believe this is when it was implemented that you lost your gun on demotion? Everyone in that war was getting demoted to thug, auto to gangster, pro'ing, and then back down to thug... Sure, this would limit it to only five... But still seems counter-productive.

On another note - it certainly will help back for those damn WB's!

Report Post Tip

WillieNelson, if I'm not mistaken there is a rank restriction in place on this where you cannot buy a gun until goomba.

Report Post Tip

How is this counter productive? If you give up your gun, unless they give one back to you, you cant buy back your gun unless you are ranked gommba or higher and you have to have less then 50 of your 250 petties to go.

This is an excellent addition, and im looking forwrd to seeing how it goes.

Report Post Tip

I may have just read this thread wrong, but to me it seems like the players with money and put money into the game will benefit.

When you could use credits to buy MIAs and Toolbars, it still didnt completely benefit you more than another player.

One player that can use his/her credit card to buy MIAs, is just as useful as a player whos leader gives them an IA list.

With this new addition, I feel as if a crew with a CL, RHM, or LHM with a lot of spare change, can buy their way to victory.

Again, I may be misunderstanding this thread, and if that is the case, then please do further explain it. But as I see it right now, this just seems to be a game change that will benefit those that are able to buy credits, and decimate those who cannot.

Report Post Tip

It doesn't disadvantage anyone E-40. We have a credit market place that sells credits. 5 credits for 30days of armory isn't bad or expensive.

Then you just need to work as a family to fill it. Either get people to donate their guns and petty it back, work together as a family and do the required amount of petty crimes to generate a gun, or have the usual 1 gun every 5 days that is in effet now go into it.

Any family is able to get this feature, not just those that can spend real money on credits.

Report Post Tip

Ahh thank you for explaining it to me Chade

Report Post Tip

Fantastic change! I was a big fan of this when it was discussed in the coffee shop.

Looking forward to my dedicated members offering their services to do 250 petties lol.

Report Post Tip

Is it possible to amalgamate the Credit Marketplace and the other credit donation page into just a single page?

Obviously this isn't a major issue, I just think it would be easier to have all the credit purchase/sales related things on the single page as I (fairly embarrassingly) was about to post asking how to access this function.

Report Post Tip

I think we all should thank the staff for all these great improvements that we've seen in this short amount of time. 

The limit is 5 guns, right? So, lets say theres 5 guns in the armory, and you donate yours, will it give you a message saying the armory is full, or will your gun just disappear.

Thanks again for these amazing improvements. 

Report Post Tip

It will tell you that the armory is already full, it wont let you donate your gun in that situation.

Report Post Tip

Awesome improvements very beneficial in times during a war. Mafia Returns does it again.

Report Post Tip

This would have drastically changed the outcome of Lucretia's war with LV, no?

Report Post Tip

I like the change, by the way. It seems to add an element of cohesion to a family and an opportunity to work together as a crew. I forgot to add that, good change :)

Report Post Tip

Love the change and that bad ass Jazz hands, I'd better start practicing :P

Report Post Tip

250 Credit Replacement! Holy Hell!

Report Post Tip

its WAYYYY to early.. Take two...

250 Petty Replacement! Holy Hell!

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: The Armory
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL