Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 07:53:18
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Posting Anonymously Started by: NoahLevenstein on Jan 15, '13 10:39

In  News and Announcements, OOC threads by admin/staff or perhaps even in the suggesions forum I think there should be an option of posting anonymously. Oftentimes, I think it may be the case that you may wish to ask a specific question or seek clarification on a game change which could inadvertantly give away information or hint at your IC intentions; I think posting anonymously would make more sense than staff members having to respond to multiple mails with the same question in private.

I also think it's a possibility that some users may refrain from posting their true opinions/suggestions on any game changes for fear of upsetting the apple cart. This, too, could address that.

Report Post Tip

I agree with this. It is not hard to determine, for example, a hitter from the questions he asks, and I don't think OOC should reveal info about IC stuff.

Report Post Tip

I agree, OOC details and dealings should not be transferred in anyway to a persons in game character.

Anonymous posting on only OOC forums (except the main OOC forum, as that is a sort of big part of the game forums) I think would be a great idea, given it was limited to only these forums.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree and like this idea as too many people have been killed for expressing their ideas in other forums such as ooc etc, and that can keep people from expressing their ideas especially when some people are bullies and pick apart every word on ideas etc as their grammer or education is better or their just assholes lol

Report Post Tip

I see the potential for huge abuse here. People hiding behind the anonymity to insult or berate others, things like that. I think if it's really that big of an issue, things like that can always be posted by a friend. I can appreciate the usefulness of it, but I just don't feel there are that many people that are that worried about the privacy issue of posting certain things.

Report Post Tip

Yeah.. somehow it needs to be implemented with a way for abuse not to happen (the magical hard part of this which I have no idea how to do that)

Report Post Tip

The Admins could see who's posting, but normal players couldn't.

Report Post Tip

I understand that. It doesn't mean it wouldn't be abused. People can't post anonymously now and still berate and ridicule people in ooc, I believe with the anonymity factor the rates of it would be higher. I understand that you're for this and I'm only stating my one opinion out of hundreds of other people.

Report Post Tip

What I'm saying this, is that Squishy and other authority could see who's posting, but it would be hidden from regular players. So nobody could post anything insulting because Admins would see it, see who it was and then punish the player.

Report Post Tip

You're turning this into an argument when there doesn't need to be one. I absolutely, 100%, totally understand what you're saying. Obviously you don't understand what I am saying because you're still trying to push your viewpoint on me. The admins AND everyone else can see what people say now and they STILL berate and ridicule people and they don't always get in trouble for it. Especially when in OOC because some CL's believe OOC matters shouldn't be punished in game. So having the ability to post anonymously, in my oh so humble opinion, would increase the percentage of people doing it, regardless of the admin seeing it or not. There is still the potential for abuse, so in that potential, it does not receive my support.

Report Post Tip

I am not trying to turn this into an argument and I'm not trying to force my viewpoint on anyone. I repeated what I said earlier because I thought you misunderstood me. However, I still believe the idea should be implemented. Players' posts can reveal information about the player, such as if someone is a hitter or a pro. Posting anonymously will maybe enable some trolls to troll, but they will have action taken against them.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm what if instead of it being anonymous have a posting name that doesn't link to your character say your irc nick for example, people would know who you are still (to avoid any abuse) yet wouldn't necessarily know your in game name.

Report Post Tip

"people would know who you are still" The whole point of the suggestion is so people don't know who you are.

Report Post Tip

I think he means a name that cannot be connected to the in-game name.

Report Post Tip

I don't see the point though, if they still know who you are then why change it?

Report Post Tip

I like this idea. At least for News and Announcements at the very least.

The idea to actually express an opinion or get clarification without giving away who you are might be beneficial. I know I don't post too often or give my opinion because more often then not I dont want it connected with my IG character or I dont want to give away some aspect of my character if I want to seek clarification. For once an idea I can agree with!

Report Post Tip

Short answer: No.

Less Short Answer: No, this would open up for a huge level of abuse. Huuuuge.

If you need to ask a question with revealing info message Helpdesk or if you fear even them using info, message an admin directly. If you need to post an opinion or something that you fear will get you killed, perhaps you need to calm down and reword it...or just not say it. Being a role playing game, those in power do have the right to kill you for your opinion should they choose.

Report Post Tip

I should clarify, I do know there WOULD be rational, calm use of such a feature but as we have seen, calm and rational isn't really the default mode for a lot of people.

Report Post Tip

Being a role playing game, those in power do have the right to kill you for your opinion should they choose.

I do not agree. If they want to shoot people for their opinions in the streets, go right ahead. But I dont think that extends to News and Announcements or Game Suggestions which is what I'm agreeing to the anonymous stuff for.

Report Post Tip

^ This.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Posting Anonymously
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL