Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:40:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Poor trigger discipline. Tsk Tsk Started by: Squishy on Sep 05, '13 20:14

It was a suggestion Mike. Something should happen to them and, frankly, the repeat offenders should be pushing up daisies.

Report Post Tip

Accidents happen?  Multiple times?  Poor excuse my friend.

Report Post Tip

Shocked.

Report Post Tip

I remember when the rule for hitters was "perfection or gtfo." Oh, how we have fallen.

I agree with the drunk guy.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I wish I could say I'm shocked at the incompetence but I'm not.

To the people who have said its not a big deal. I guess that shows the massive fall in standards. It's a massive fucking deal how can any of these people be trusted to do what the rules state? If anyone loses an Mia early the suspicion will automatically fall on these people because they are known to shoot early.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

So I wonder if anyone here even knows how a mistake happens? Including Squishy.

So what was the point of this thread? To show people that when you're on a phone on your way to work, you might be able to make a mistake? I'm sorry but I don't see this thread as anything but a bash. 

I had gotten up, gotten ready for work and was tending to my IRL family. Yet some people think it's ok to "be astonished" "bash others for not being a good leader".

You know what, I know I'm a good leader and the rest of you who don't think so can eat my shorts; even the dirty ones.

As for izzy on your announcements, I apologized to you in private on multiple occasions, I think that would have sufficed an honest mistake. I guess apologies are like ass holes around here anymore, glad to see chastising people for the fuck of it is now cool. 

Izzy has made huge mistakes that are obviously stupid ones, he's human, but do we come out here and bash him when he put his fist down when he wants to? No. Clearly a mutual respect for that is a bit to much nowadays. 

Squishy even sent me a personal mob mail saying to stop, I freaked out. Is this not enough? 

I personally asked him before I even knew if the stat was removed, to remove it due to my gun getting a boost it shouldn't have, he response with it already has. So alllllllll this activity, and still a list of names are put up to be chastised.

Idk maybe others didn't deal with it the way I did but I see this as nothing but a shit stirrer. 

Indeed, I can agree with that. However sometimes you can't take mistakes back though. Whether it be this game or RL. Didn't bring Severe back or make that mistake anymore right when he was mistakenly shot.

Check, double check, and triple check before firing your gun. If you are still uncertain of all the details, find them out. I think that rule should apply to everyone on every shot. If you aren't sure at all, then I believe you shouldn't fire to begin with.

That's just me though and I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. I just wanted to comment on the basis of the topic.
Report Post Tip

You're right Timon, you can't take mistakes back. You really can't. I TRY not to make mistakes, I TRY to lead by example.

I would love to see how some people in this thread would "react" to their own mistakes from the past. I have came out and agreed I made a mistake. Where I disagree is how it was made to be public. 

I am a person who likes to pride himself on not making many mistakes, as well as a couple other names on that list. I also know that 1 or 2 of those names on that list are completely brand new people to this game. However, we are still all human, this whole mindset of "I remember when shooting was gtfo or be perfect". That shit was LONG ago, when there were MUCH less targets available for todays wishing. You can't possibly hold today's hitting standards up with a few years ago. 

Hell, there is a VERY highly respected man who just almost 90% of this site enjoys their time with. However, he was caught using the IA list "inappropriately" and was demoted, not killed. The fact of the matter is, it depends on who you are and who you're friends with in order to have it swept under the rug as if it never happened. That man I speak of is now in a power position today.

I just personally in my opinion think people on mIRC avenue wound Izzy up enough for him to see this as a valid way to go; which it isn't. It's quite sad in my opinion that others want something to happen to certain people so badly that they use an admin as a catalyst to drive him to do things like this. 

Hell, if people think others aren't allowed to make mistakes and apologize for them, without being publicly humiliated for it; I should just retire my account right now.

Report Post Tip

You know I made the state "Good job setting the example CLs and Godfather." expecting to not get a voice from either one. Because they personally thrown under the bus here. Mistakes happen but that doesn't mean they should to veteran players, and leaders. You stopped as you should but others are going to point out, why did you in the first place. 

My bloodline has always been judged with the "trigger happy" motion. Shoot first and ask questions later. I can understand the move you made, and even respect the way you came out here and spoke to us unlike the others will. As leaders we should hold ourselves accountable and you did. I am just so appalled over the amount of high rankers who did this and have said nothing. More of these high rankers have a hoard of BGs even and a slant spot. 

The amount of high ranks vs the amount of new people, is sickening. 

For the record, Quentin ... my post was in no way directed towards you, nor do I feel death for a severe punishment is acceptable in my eyes for this mistake. My assumptions were to everyone who made this mistake. I apologize if I came off as coming directly at you.
I feel public embarrassment is enough of a learning curve if its going to be used as a method, no need to take things to an extreme level after another on these punishments.
Report Post Tip

I can appreciate everything you're both saying, I really can. 

I understand it wasn't meant to be directed at me Timon, I am simply just trying to give my opinion from actions being taken on similar matter in the past.

I am not trying to raise this to the next level or anything of that matter. I am simply doing what everyone else seems to be doing in this thread, I am giving my opinion on the matter while explaining why I did what I did. 

Many people are sickened from epiphanies that have come from this thread, as Mike says, with the ratio of high ranker's vs veterans in the game at the moment. 

I am sickened as well, but for different reasons. I just think people need to remember their own past when they were in "positions of power to lead by example". My memoirs show a lot of people making mistakes that probably should have ended in them being killed, but weren't. What did they do? They went on their merry way as if they just got away with murder. THIS, is why I saying what I am saying. 

The mindset of "people need to be perfect when in a power position" is getting older than shit. People realize they can make mistakes that can ultimately bring down an entire city. This is why no one new is given chances in a lot of ways; I can understand. Where the change needs to be made is, people need to start thinking that they wouldn't have made a mistake if they were there. They might be right, maybe they wouldn't have made THIS mistake. The hardest mindset to change in my opinion is the one of a veteran who still has the old ways ingrained into their beings and souls around these shores. The game goes through so many detrimental changes on how to play each year it gets more intense and way more opportunities for mistakes will come up.  Mistakes still happen like they used to, just in different ways. 

All in all, in my opinion, people just need to get off their high horse. This isn't directed towards anyone in specific, just my opinion on the matter as a whole, including the responses from others in the thread. I originally wasn't going to respond with much aside from my why I shot at Squishy's BG.  seeing as not many people had posted yesterday when I noticed my name on the "shit list"; I figure some shared the same overall through process. I suppose not.

Now that I have seen what people truly wish to believe. I am also appalled. 

Thanks for your time everyone.

Report Post Tip

I don't get it - Squishy gave a date and a time for his BGs to be shot, and people did not take the time to read properly. He said he was going to let it go with just a warning, but he needed to make a stronger statement because people kept doing it. So why complain because the list of names were made public so we can all see what is happening?

I get mails all the time about how crew members are shooting targets way too early, to send up a WS for the people who are shooting, and what should be done about it. I guess nothing because it's been proven that there will always be people who can't follow instructions, and they shouldn't be punished or known right?

People were held to a higher standard when it came to their guns before, and it was effective. Because people didn't want to be killed needlessly, they checked and double checked their target. If they had to be killed, so be it - some even got a bodyguard or two because it was cheaper to get them at a lower rank (this is the older BG system of course). 

From a statistical standpoint, if there are more targets, more people will shoot, and the % of people who make mistakes will go up.  But it doesn't make sense that because there are more targets today, the standard should automatically drop.

A gun is not supposed to be taken lightly, and there should be consequences for misuse.

Quinten...you may want to take note of Michael_Bilotti's response to this thread. He only shot once, whereas you shot twice and felt the need to publicly defend yourself and point fingers.

Report Post Tip

I am publicly defending myself Blaise because I am being put on a higher scale than everyone else, as well as ChaosSpike. Would you rather have a leader who makes a mistake, not own up to it. Or, would you rather have a leader in this community be one who is willing to talk, like this is some kind of text base game or something?

Am I to sit here and believe half these people in this thread responding have never been in a power position and made a bad shot? I personally know for a fact they have. 

No a gun isn't taken lightly. I have explained this time and time again. Not everything should be made public Blaise, at all. The need to have things like this isn't always the answer. No, you don't need to know everything about everyone just for the sake of knowing. 

Point fingers? The only finger I pointed was at the hypocrites of the past, as well as Izzy for making this public. If you don't agree with that, then it's water under the bridge my friend.

Report Post Tip

I would rather have a leader of this community be humble and formally apologize for making a mistake, and not having the attitude of, "Well they did it too so they shouldn't say anything!" because it makes the leader look childish and takes away from the apology.

People are going to talk about anything and everything, but you can only control how you respond to it.

Report Post Tip

I tried the humble route Blaise, I've tried the formal route.

These routes aren't appreciated at all around here anymore, and it's obvious.

Report Post Tip

When I say that, I'm talking about when it comes to an admin basis, not in game "user" interactive, basis.

Report Post Tip
Phil steak is that you ??????

Stop making excuses you fucked up sticks

Go retire again douchebag
Report Post Tip

Not everything should be made public Blaise, at all. The need to have things like this isn't always the answer. No, you don't need to know everything about everyone just for the sake of knowing. 

There is a lot of truth to this actually.

The reason I made the post was to get the peanut gallery in #dl to stop their complaining to me.  Deep inside I know there is a huge difference between doing something intentionally, maliciously or simply just making a mistake. I should have stuck to my guns about privately mailing people and ignored the chants from the crowd asking for blood.  I threw these people under the bus to improve my own situation - and that's kinda fucked up.

The people on the list made a mistake, and many of them manned up and apologized in private when I contacted them about it, or when they realized they shot early.  Throwing them to the judgmental crowd was a dick move on my part.  This should have been handled in private like it initially was.

People like chaos, bloodshed and mob mentality (knee slap!) for their own entertainment, schadenfreude is a powerful thing.  But in the end I need to stop giving into that when it should not apply.

I Apologize for not handling this in a better manner.

Alls I'm going to add to this discussion is that if anyone tries to violate Chicago's protection order and claim "oh, all I did was shoot a bit early, no biggie, just a minor mistake" ... well, we'll see how well that will work out for you.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

Squishy the peanut gallery asked for actual action, not a public knuckle rapping. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Poor trigger discipline. Tsk Tsk
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL