Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 03:00:37
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Poor trigger discipline. Tsk Tsk Started by: Squishy on Sep 05, '13 20:14

Mike you did say "Good job setting the example CLs and Godfather". And Chaos being the only Godfather on the list, it could be very disrespectful, like you were aiming at him.

Don't forget HE is still a Godfather and YOU are a Crewleader. He outranks you, respect is due. You might not have meant to come off disrespectful but it doesn't stop him from feeling disrespected.

Report Post Tip

TheSosa I would like to draw your attention to which forum we are in, this is the OOC. Nobody out ranks anyone here, because we are not Godfathers or Crew Leaders here.

Report Post Tip

But still I've seen people get killed for what they've said in OOC. Mike Hunt still used the terms Crewleaders and Godfathers. Since it is OOC and HE brought up the peoples rank on the list I think that I was justified for "Pushing it back on him".

Report Post Tip

Not really Sosa... Mike was commenting on 'in game' actions alongside their 'in game' ranks. You have said he should show them respect in an 'out of character' forum because of their 'in game' rank. Not the same thing, at all.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

TheSosa, do we now have to worry about people killing others because of someone reading a list created by an admin in OOC, and referencing from said list? Surely MR hasn't become THAT sensitive :/

Report Post Tip

It used to be worse blaise, in the past even in romans time this was a regular thing, is part of what made the people rise.

Report Post Tip

People are being killed by admins and other players for things said in the coffee shops. The split between OOC and in game is all but gone

Report Post Tip

I know this...I was just saying for this particular situation it shouldn't come to that.

Report Post Tip

I and a dear friend of mine were once highly disrespected in an OOC forum and were told by several CL's that there was nothing to be done, as it was OOC and they couldn't justify punishment IG for that. The fact of him and anyone else in here saying a bad example was set... May be taken by them as disrespectful, but it doesn't make it any less true of a statement. As CL's and GF's and Hands, how many times do we teach hitters... Check, check again and recheck your targets? If I as a Hand am telling my members that there will be severe punishment if they do not abide by the 4h tag and shoot early... How could I expect them to take me serious if I were one of these on the list who shot at offered bgs before the time that was specified?

Also as far as punishment/non-punishment... I've been admin jailed on TWO occasions as a hand because of "mistakes" my fellow crew mates made. One who posted derogatory comments towards another player in the suggestions and one who shot an admin test account, that of which I am told it was contemplated that my CL, myself and the member could have lost their accounts for. I consider shooting at an admin's bg's earlier than the time that was specified by the admin to be in the same range as that. So with that being said, while I've kept quiet on this matter, as I know that anything I say is probably going to be attacked because of people feeling the need to defend themselves, I do not feel like these mistakes have been blown out of proportion by the public as something bigger than what it is, when people in their positions are being held responsible for not only themselves and the choices they make, but for mistakes people under them might make as well. And they ARE supposed to be setting examples for those below them and this WAS a bad example to set, no matter how it is worded. 

Since I've been working on this response, some others have brought up more on the argument of OOC and included IRC into it. The difference there that I see is that people are not just using IRC as a place of OOC, they are also using it to conduct business from an in character standpoint. They discuss in character things, they bad mouth or praise characters in the game. And most use their character name as their IRC identity, so in reality, it is the players themselves that have turned the IRC into an in character place. This forum is clearly stated as out of character place to discuss things in the game from our rl personas. Does that mean I can disrespect others players, no. But saying that someone set a bad example, when they clearly did, is not a form of disrespect, only calling a spade a spade.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $350,000 Tip

well im not totally sure what to say I mean in my case I guess I don't have a real legitimate defense and im probably inexcusable I was waiting saw my crew mate took a shot and posted so i went oh must be time figuring I had lost track of time I clicked on the other window I had open and took my shot and yea squishy mailed and i apologized realizing I fucked up and im not even really mad squishy took it public as others are and i don't want to hide behind myself being new and i would suicide if those of you here felt it was necessary. 

Report Post Tip

I do not feel like you should suicide. I don't think that's really the point trying to be made here.

Report Post Tip

Then what is the point lack of discipline a falling standard ive read alot about how we are no longer held to the standard we once were how in "older times" punishment was severe squishy himself said im not in the mood to admin wack it would seem my mistake would warrant my death.I dont want to be someones example for how far mr has gone down the tubes in there opinion.All the bs aside i merely came to own up to my mistake and regain some tatter of respect if i had any to begin with and i dont want to drag this out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Poor trigger discipline. Tsk Tsk
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL