Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 11:18:13
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Lets take a stand on funeral disrespect Started by: Vaelin_Al_Sorna on Jul 21, '14 19:35
While this game is based in a historic time period, we have ALWAYS followed a set of rules. Respect, loyalty, and honor being the keys to this rule system. This system has to do with omertà and has allot to do with how we as people wish to romanticize mobsters. While in truth most of this men were assholes and scum, we ourselves have ALWAYS held ourself higher then that.

Respect is earned, first by being respectful, then by being worthy of respect. It's a two way street. And while it is disrespectful to suicide or retire, it's also a clear sign that maybe you earned the slap to the face of loosing a associate in this manor, just looking at the funeral reply.

Loyalty is again earned, first by giving it to those under you and then by showing them respect and trust.

Honor, now, honor is the hardest to earn. Honor is between two people, you and... Yourself. Every action you take every move you make reflects on yourself. What I'm saying is simply, respect and loyalty can be taken from you, trashed, destroyed and stomped on, but honor is an internal matter only you can effect.

See, an honorable person follows a code of they're own, sticks to it through out their life and rarely bends the rules of that code. This code tends to create a "backbone" to all other actions. If an honorable person hit you, then most likely you earned it.

Now, right now, you, all of you, are looking at this going "I'm an honorable person.." But are you really.

An honorable person doesn't need to stoop down to pissing on graves, or insulting the occupants, they're dead.. They're punishment metted out, they can't fight back, they can't hit back or defend themselves. So, why bother? They aren't worth it. Funerals are for those who mourn, those who miss the departed... And while a shallow grave can be pissed on, our funerals are not shallow graves. They're a memorial for the dead, maybe the grave is empty, maybe the body was recovered, but it doesn't matter.

It is sad and pathetic that you would walk into a funeral and declare that this person sucks, isn't worthy, or out right piss on the body... It's disrespectful, disloyal and is a sure sign that you lack any form of honor or self worth.

Oddly enough, my ending argument is quite simple but sums up my entire statement in one swoop:

Karma is a bitch. She's nasty and cruel to those who step on her, meting out punishments far worse then the crime. I've been walking these streets long enough to say that these streets don't take kindly to your kind.

So please, keep defending your actions, they're still dishonorable and disrespectful, it's sad that your crew leader hasn't put you in your place to understand that this isn't our way, but oddly enough, I doubt that with this many people shunning you you'll get very far in this life.
Report Post Tip

Maybe Squishy should have Tyler Durden come in and hug a casket now, be a great idea right?

Report Post Tip

Your an idiot cookie and to have been let get away with it sickens me you have dragged your district into the muck and mire with you, You opened this can of worms and to single out one person to keep attacking over and over again proves that you are nothing but a cyber bully a low life as my rh said GROW THE FUCK UP.

Your attempts to deflect this are at best pathetic and show how immature you are.

Report Post Tip

Haven't attacked one person but I could say the same for the people that have attacked me multiple people against one person, oh no all you cyber bullies :(.

I have not once deflected anything simply putting it out there you are getting more worked up over a game then I am.  Maybe you and Fedelta/Drakos/Garrus/-Traphik little baby jesus had some kind of personal relationship.  Of which is none of my concern.  But regardless if someone shows me disrespect and continues to show disrespect trying to defend himself and his actions of burning 1 CL but 2 CL's 1 of which impacted my gameplay greatly and then tries to preach to me in the streets on whats right/wrong and yet he only fucked over a CL, then by all means I would disrespect him again.  Because if he acts like this in the game then he is probably far worse in real life and if this were a real life mafia not only him but his bloodline would be wiped from this world.

I didn't piss on his grave sure I insinuated it, but my Urine was farrrrr to good for his grave. Do I regret it? Nope only due to the fact everyone made it out to be that I actually pissed on his grave that I now wish I actually did it.  Did I regret it after the first post about it went up sure I did until everyone tried to make excuses and go on about how I "Pissed on his grave" make me out to be whatever in your mind you want me to be.    I really don't care what you think, the guy has burnt people and blatantly acknowledged he did so, so disrespecting a grave is worse then conspiring to kill a CL which was successful then burning a new family and the CL are perfectly acceptable,  and no posts written about it.

In no way will I let this affect my game play, Mafia life isn't all fucking holding hands and singing.  Sure a "Golden Rule" of no disrespect a funeral was made AGES ago.  And personally for a stupid reason, this is a MAFIA game.  What is not understood about this? we are expected to act like the MAFIA in a game, maybe should do research on MAFIA families and understand shit was not pretty. People didn't get buried in graves.

With that being said I am done with these posts and bothersome and tedious tasks of dealing with what should be considered RIGHT at a funeral to a bloodline that has burnt and committed more acts and crimes against CL's and family members then I could count.  Hell if anyone associated with him should be held accountable for possibly knowing his "intentions"

Report Post Tip

I didn't piss on his grave sure I insinuated it, but my Urine was farrrrr to good for his grave

Whether your urine landed on the grave itself is no relevance. You went to a funeral and took a piss. Stop trying to hide behind semantics and accept you knew exactly what you were doing. At least have some honour about it.

I really don't care what you think, the guy has burnt people and blatantly acknowledged he did so, so disrespecting a grave is worse then conspiring to kill a CL which was successful then burning a new family and the CL are perfectly acceptable, and no posts written about it.

No one is praising the guy for his actions. However screwing someone over then DIEING because of it, is part of this life. If you died because of your disrespect, people most likely wouldn't bother their arse talking about it either.

With that being said I am done with these posts and bothersome and tedious tasks of dealing with what should be considered RIGHT at a funeral to a bloodline that has burnt and committed more acts and crimes against CL's and family members then I could count. Hell if anyone associated with him should be held accountable for possibly knowing his "intentions"

Another concept of this game is that you don't hold the sins of the father against the son, so stop referring to his bloodlines actions. I don't even know this guy, so don't think I'm here to defend him or stand up for him, I'm defending the life I've loved and lived for 12 years now. The little things mean something to me, I despise the drop in standards that allows people like you to ignore something that was way more than a mere fucking golden rule. You keep going on and on and on about how real Mafia is, so fucking what. This isn't real mafia, this is Mafiareturns and the way we live the Mafia life here is based on how we view Mafia life in the time period which the game is set in, so if the community has a golden rule about certain things and a user ignores those rules not once, not twice but three fucking times and continues to do so without regret then you are worse to me than any user that screws over their CL.

Report Post Tip

You keep going on and on and on about how real Mafia is, so fucking what. This isn't real mafia, this is Mafiareturns and the way we live the Mafia life here is based on how we view Mafia life in the time period which the game is set in

Your quote

This is how I view the mafia life and I disrespected twice once was a suicide by another user who turned around and did a suicide on AlexTurner, On garrus I simply assisted in throwing dirt on the grave (I got paid for that job mind you) and second I stated "A zipping sound is heard and then is heard again, Even my own urine is to good for his grave"  If you consider this pissing on a grave you better go back to school.

This neither says I did or did not piss on his grave, you simply read between the lines.

Report Post Tip

You know what. Your absolutely right on that last part, it could read that you unzipped and decided not to piss on it. But you know what else, the fact you unzipped once again still shows your intetions. You were disrespecting the funeral by not only insinuating he should be pissed on, but by going further to suggest your piss is too good gor him. How are you thinking this is even better?

Still, I admit, your right in that it doesn't actually say you took a piss. So sure, you didn't piss on the grave, but the respect issue is still there.

Your also right that you can hold your own view of how to live the life of a mafioso, just as we are entitled to be outraged at how you live your life. As the saying goes, the action is yours...the reaction isn't.

Just also remember, this is a pro hibition era game. So going on about Mafia history you should really try and read up on that era and not refer to the 1980s.

Report Post Tip

If you would like I could give you over a dozen of almost identical articles for prohibition era if you would like to?  The Mafia has changed much at all in history just have gotten much smaller.  So I can easily give you a history lesson, I happen to be a double major in both World History with a Minor in American history then Archaeology which means nothing but I can feed you all the Mafia funeral disrespects from pretty much the Mafia originated.  So yea not going to argue about it, your pretty much settled what I was getting at. 

Report Post Tip
You are a student. Not a master.

You are quite right though there are numerous instances of disrespect at funerals.

There are also a huge number of instances of these sorts of hard ass arrogant cunts disappearing or washing up on shore.

So yeah. Behave however you like, be true to the mafia and act however you wish. But don't be surprised when you are dragged off in the middle of the night.

Leaders who defend actions like this I would imagine suffered very similar fates.

Rather keep your piss to yourself.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Once again, did not piss on a grave. Only thought about it while yes still may be disrespectful to you, but to me it was disrespectful he even got buried. And actually I have 2 Master degrees in both subjects Ligodric I haven't been in school for about a year will be starting on my Doctrine though fairly soon.  And on another note I can pull up ALOT of instances were these people were not touched for showing disrespect at a funeral simply because the fact the dead individual deserved far worse.

Report Post Tip
Your parents must be so proud.

Clearly education doesn't afford you class.

I am quite skeptical about your grand claims by the way. Regardless; you clearly don't seem to have learnt much that matters.

You are clearly beyond reasoning with. So go about your business.

What a credit to your district you are.

Could careless about what you believe, the Army paid for my college and I attended the U of A.  And theres no reason to be reasoning as already stated much above. "You keep going on and on and on about how real Mafia is, so fucking what. This isn't real mafia, this is Mafiareturns and the way we live the Mafia life here is based on how we view Mafia life in the time period which the game is set in."<--- I view the MAFIA life as the REAL mafia life was lived in early times.

Report Post Tip
Care less.

Careless is very different.

Perhaps you could provide us with copies of your masters degrees.
Report Post Tip

CookieMonster while I appreciate that your view of the Mafia way back when and that disrespecting at funerals was ok. Here it was a thing that got you killed and personally I believe it still should be but as the midget has said before me standard of respect has slipped and pretty much anything goes.

I think that fact that people have voiced concerns about your actions at some point you would think that maybe you should accept what people are saying that you might be wrong but it appears that you are adamant that you are right and we are all wrong

Sadly I don't provide personal information over the internet, and if you want me to just cross my name out then simply it could then be insinuated it's someone else's degree.  Not to mention I don't provide my real name to anyone.

So good day to you my friend, I have much more important matters to attend to.

Report Post Tip
Yeah.

More or less what I thought.

I had forgotten how amusing people on here could be.

Thank you for my evening entertainment. Best of luck on your Doctorate.

Dr. Seuss I presume?
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Spunky I said earlier I was regretting what I said until people kept saying "he pissed on the grave, he pissed on the grave." at which that point I no longer cared.  But also if mugging someone of rank made or higher use to be considered wrong and people were shot for it, you no longer here people bitching about PPing or Mugging being disrespectful.  I am sorry but this is not Hello Kitty Island Adventure, the funeral was implemented for people to express themselves.  Who's right is it to say what is right and what is wrong in it?  If the GF Council made a forum post today declaring that any disrespect shown in a funeral will bring down a punishment depending on the CL/GF of that city i'll make a public apology, but until then am I sorry for the disrespect I showed him? No I am not, I don't follow unwritten rules, I follow the standards of being in the Mafia and when disrespect is shown then disrespect is given.  Once again, if the GF COUNCIL deems my actions were disrespectful and going forward makes a written rule in the streets about it being decided by them as a whole that disrespect at a grave can deem a punishment I will publicly apologize and take whatever punishment Ror/Jeddy deems fit.

Report Post Tip

Yea my bad for phone spell check, don't have the patience to go all the way back and go over each phone type.

Report Post Tip

I don't see the problem with pickpocketing or mugging I think it you PP expect to be mugged. It shouldn't just be about written rules it is about standards but you have made your point I have made mine. I have never said this is Hello Kitty Island or wanted it to be like it. When I wasn't so IA I made a post about declining standards and how it should be dealt with. This world has become a joke because a lot of what we do is not mafia, people will sit behind an army of bodyguards and do as they please because they know nothing will come of it. Sad but true.

Maybe Squishy should have Tyler Durden come in and hug a casket now, be a great idea right?
Reply by: CookieMonster at Jul 23, '14 00:18

Tylerdurden is killed... Repeatedly and without remorse. That he pisses on graves is beyond the point... He's an npc, he has no honor, and, unlike you, there is no true malice in his actions.

Your actions are despicable, dishonorable and an insult to your family and district.

If you had done the shit your doing now as a "real mafioso" most likely you'd have the crap beaten out of you... If there is a funeral, it's put on by family for family... If someone pulled that shit in front of your family, how the fuck would they react?.. Idk about yours, but mine would beat the shit out of you for it.

The point isn't that you're actually pissing on grave... It's that your walking into a funeral and being a shit head...

Be an asshole in person, in the streets, here, in pm.. Be a cunt in irc, or on the phone... But the second you walk into a church and start being a shit head, family, friends, and people of the religious kind will take insult.

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Lets take a stand on funeral disrespect
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL