Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 04:10:24
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
He's Wounded: Will Achilles Heal? Started by: K2 on Sep 20, '14 00:20

My father, Mr_Kuklinski, talked often of his role on this thing.  To start, he wanted merely to talk about how to improve and pointed out human examples of systemic failure.

But then, things change.

He was told of a Consiq, incredibly well protected, in a fort that's seriously fortified.  This imbecile, if left untamed, will go the way of Prem or Roman: consolidating a power-base from which to misrule and bully.

He can't be allowed to continue.

The parallels continue.  Achilles was gifted his place in society, just like Prem was gifted his.  Like Roman, outside (and occasionally inside) his own family he is roundly despised.

Just now, he is relatively weak.  But his strength is growing. 

But so are his enemies.  The huge hit placed on him is testament to that.

How long can you dodge that bullet, Achilles?  What do you think?  $200M is a chunk of change?

And for the record, yes, I know who placed the hit.

But for now, it's on the quiet tip.

Finally, my father would like it to be known that Jeddy had no idea about the intentions of ideas of Mr_Kuklinski.  Using guile and cunning he gained the trust of the powers-that-be and was given Auth.  Jeddy wasn't in on it.  He wouldn't be.  His enemies will try to use this against him.  It's pointless.  No support was given from within Jeddy's family.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Weird comparison.

Report Post Tip

The comparison absolutely stands.

In what way is it weird?

Report Post Tip

Doesn't make sense. An inaccurate statement. 

Report Post Tip

It makes perfect sense.  It's an entirely accurate statement.

Flesh out your words with clear, hard facts.  You're writing nada of note just now.  

Report Post Tip

The kind of clear, hard facts your bloodline usually use, Mr_Kuklinski's son ?

I am afraid I cannot do that. I am only a silly lion, aft...

At that exact moment, Iocaste catches the glimpse of a butterfly flying some meters ahead of him and decides to chase him for the sake of it.

Report Post Tip
Hardly wounded; War hardened. People need to just leave the pissant to do his duties. I really don't see how the chap has caused such a stir.
Report Post Tip
Who doesn't know who placed the hit, that's old news. There was a thread about it. You think your special k2 cause you just found out what everybody already knows. That's laughable
Report Post Tip

But, I don't roundly despise Achilles. I'd say it's more squarely, or even triangular. 

Report Post Tip

Curtis listens to the little man and sighs.  

Achilles was gifted his place in society, just like Prem was gifted his.  Like Roman, outside (and occasionally inside) his own family he is roundly despised.

"I would normally rather not respond to your pantomime but this statement is grossly inaccurate. Achilles is well liked, well supported and actually a very charitable, warm individual. At least for anyone that bothered to take the time to get know him. This notion that he is 'roundly despised' is utterly ridiculous."

Report Post Tip

Hearing a familiar twang in the Streets you cannot help but be drawn to it. K2 is obviously his fathers son and it shows. Following Curtis will always be a hard act to follow but Brendan cannot hold his tongue.

Ah K2. Ah Curtis.

Roundly despised by his own family? Have you bothered talking to any of them? If he was so roundly despised I don't think he would still be alive, would he boyo? Who helps him survive now?

If he was so roundly despised by his own family then surely his old family would have hated him? If this were true why in Gods name would they have 'gifted' him anything? Don't say to get rid of him because we both know thats horseshit. If it were true, as has been admitted in the coffeeshops, then members of NY would not be actively protecting him everytime TylerDurden comes to town, would they?

I know you like to be on the 'cutting edge' and I believe there is somewhere in society for you. But you'd gain a lot more respect from a lot more people if you based what you write on facts and not just to try to stir the streets in to a frenzy. As much fun as you might find it.

Go on. You know you want to. Just try it. You might even like it.

Report Post Tip

Curtis, you said "Achilles is well liked, well supported and actually a very charitable, warm individual. At least for anyone that bothered to take the time to get know him."

You know what?  I don't actually know the man in question.  But I know those that do know him, and I respect their opinion.  And their opinion is that he is a wrong 'un, in every sense of the term.

So, as always, you make a good point, but it is misdirected, I'm afraid.

The point is this.  Right now, there are two very powerful leaders in this thing, Mako and Achilles, who simply aren't up to scratch and are lowering standards across the board.  They are allowing mediocrity to flourish and where once there was order, now there is anarchy.  Controlled anarchy, but anarchy nonetheless.

So, what we should be asking is how to change.

How to change?

Clear the decks, from the top on down.  The new breed ain't working.

Mako, Achilles and GinX (and Iocaste, though he is without power) simply have to go.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Haaaa, I see what you did there with the Achilles Heal and yeah. Heh.

Walks away

ChrisPalko checks his watch and starts looking his black bag and zippo

Report Post Tip

Your statements have no evidence.

You seem foolish, and people will take less credence to your words if you continue making outlandish statements, though slightly your style.

Words are a thing of value here, even more so these days since fewer words are said. So should you persist, you'll be the one with a yolk to your nostrils, looking like a clown... which isn't far from accurate at present, but I've seen you do much better work in the streets. I know you can do better... But you're taking the easy way, a super trashy yellow journalistic route, which only degrades your integrity. 

Moreover, don't call for the deaths of others when your clearly don't value yours, especially not the death of a lion. 

Report Post Tip

You know what?  I don't actually know the man in question.  But I know those that do know him, and I respect their opinion.  And their opinion is that he is a wrong 'un, in every sense of the term.

"Then I would suggest those you know, do not know him at all. Regardless of what they may say to you. If they did they would hold my opinion and not yours. Like most of your information, it is second or third hand and far from reliable, being posted as gospel for the sake of a reaction that you seem to thrive on. I suppose it's not your fault if you are taken in by things people tell you but lets be frank, if you were at all interested in the truth, you would have asked any number of us that are actually connected to the man and the situation.

The fact that you deliberately do not speak to me or anyone else that could easily give you all the factual information, just proves your intention is nothing more than base level trolling. As it always has been. For, well, every single generation your line has ever lived."

Report Post Tip

Is it such a crazy thought to consider that maybe Achilles is liked by some & disliked by others?

K2 has been lambasted for saying Achilles is "roundly despised", yet, there are also comments from the opposite side that appear equally over the top.

Not everything is black & white. 

It is clear that Achilles has his supporters; but the fact that AlexTurner, a long-serving NY leader, tried to take him down with the risk of a bloody war - surely speaks volumes?

Let us not forget that there are forty leaders and it's not a popularity contest.

Report Post Tip
It is not a crazy thought that Achilles is liked by some and disliked by others.

K2 has been lambasted because he claimed his own fairly despised him. Which leads to the obvious conclusion his old family despised him. A fact which isn't fact but completely made up. I cannot speak for other cities or Districts though.

As for AlexTurner. It has been widely said he was looking to give up this life and wanted to go out with a lot of money and a story that would have, likely, withstood the test of time. So it says very little for Achilles himself in my opinion.
Report Post Tip
I understand that AlexTurner was looking to retire - does this not make the 200m reward arbitrary? He had the choice to fire his weapon against anybody, with multiple avenues to try and leave his mark.

The fact that he tried to kill Achilles, proves to me that he didn't particularly like him. If I liked somebody, regardless whether they are hit listed, I wouldn't target them before I retired. I would save that bullet the person I despised the most.
Is it possible this was the case with AlexTurner?

I don't think I'm being hasty jumping to conclusions, really.

I think AlexTurner wanted to retire, go out with a bang, and start afresh. I think he shot at Achilles because 200 million would be a very nice inheritance for his son, to say the least.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: He's Wounded: Will Achilles Heal?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL