Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 23:27:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Jeddy Started by: Nipple on Oct 10, '14 17:45

he said jeddy was punished cause hes in a list of people that the majority of the players see set examples for them

Report Post Tip

Tbh Genocide it all boils down to when Toy started scripting in my view. I've only ever really suspected someone once of scripting, and it was plain as the nose on your face that the person was doing it. If you have an RH who is online for hours but doesn't reply to your mails, something is up.

That would be one sign of how someone can know that there is possible scripting being done. But I know nothing of when Toy started, or how often etc or if Jeddy and Toy had differing online times making detection on his part less likely. Nor is it really my business tbh.

But since most people speak as though they have never had any interactions with someone scripting and so are unaware of signs to spot, I figured I'd comment.

Many others would look at people getting high number of units quickly and think that person is scripting - but we have some very dedicated players that manage scary amounts of units now and manage it in an honest manner; like Kyubey for instance; so the fact Toy had such high units wasn't exactly a give away like I think in the past it might have been.

CLs have always been punished in this manner though, I dont think that can really be debated. When we ask for consistency, we can't pick and choose what we want consistency with.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Brendan, I trust my right hand man entierly. But in reality, I have never met the man, I dont know his real name, I dont know what his hobbies are, how he treats his friends. What his favorite cereal is...in reality, I only know the person he has shown me in a game, if he decides for what ever reason to cheat..how can I anticipate it? How can I 100% be sure that he will never, not even once do something like that? I cant. I just have to trust him...if he breaks that trust, is that act in itself not punishment enough? Does being betrayed by the person you trust most not have an impact on you? Being admin killed after that kind of betrayal is just a kick in the teeth while your down on your knees...
Report Post Tip
I understand what you are saying tyrion, but it doesnt make it fair.
time and money my friend...money is hard to come by, and time....you never get back.
to waste BOTH because of the actions of another is criminal.
Report Post Tip

That's right you can't really know 100% for sure if he will at some point in time do the wrong thing. But the fact of the matter is if he does cheat and he profits from this cheating that profit if he does the right thing will end up in your pocket down the line. Therefor by association you are guilty as well. Much like thievery in real life, you don't always know you are receiving stolen property but it is still illegal and you can be charged for it. This doesn't mean I agree with the matter, just how I am trying to understand the decision. 

Report Post Tip

Let me put this straight for all of you who are actually arguing Jeddy's place. 

If his RHM Toyfriend was leaving a script on the game and jumping of his computer for a couple of hours then Jeddy and other members would be sending him in-game mails or in-fact at certain times be contacting ToyFriend on other applications. (Apart from mobile phone applications) he wouldn't be contactable. Therefore at some point someone that was asking him direct questions in-game was bound to have noticed. 

If Jeddy was messaging his RHM in-game waiting two hours for a reply while he was on-line, he surely would have to had the brains to notice unless the script mailed for him as well. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I don't think I am, but he put himself in the grave.

Report Post Tip

I must have never done it right then. Whenever I have been in a CL/RH relationship with anyone I have known them for long enough to 'know' them. I know their personalities within this game, I know how the act and how they react. I know I can trust them to do the right thing. Either as my leader or as their Right Hand.

Fact of the matter is that if he breaks your trust in such a way as Toy did then you face the consequences. He was your choice to represent you in whatever he does. Is it a kick in the teeth? fuck yeah. But then maybe it will awaken people to the realities of the way this world works. In game play your RH/LH/Made Men should reflect solely on you. In the past other leaders regulated this. Much more than they do now.

What we saw today was an Admin regulate this in the way he saw fit. He felt the man who placed the cheat in place of trust and responsibility must also be punished for what his most trusted man did. It's just the way it works IMHO. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Judas you are wrong.

I play only on my phone, I play at work and at home, for at least 8 hours a day I am online but bearly speak...while at work I can only glance at my phone briefly, I dont have time to reply to mails, yet I am still online all day...quick petty here, felony there...buy drugs, travel...quick things, takes seconds..but im not reading or replying to mails. Yet nobody, not even once has questioned weather I am scripting or not, not a single member of mine has any doubts as to the legitimacy of my play time...so no, it is not allways that cut and dry.
Report Post Tip

Although I can guess that people close to you know that. Therefore Toyfriend would have to have been lying about his whereabouts and saying something similar if indeed he was scripting his while account. 

I just play things out in my mind as if it was me, so if my RHM wasn't contacting me while he was online I would like to know why that was and I would have someone as a replacement who could be contactable.

Report Post Tip

time and money my friend...money is hard to come by, and time....you never get back.

You don't get your time and money back if you die in a war either. So why in this case should we take money into account? We can't split the rules for those that use RL money and those that don't. That is just ridiculous. Rules are meant to be the same for everyone that plays.

Report Post Tip
Thats a part of the game we have to accept, shouldnt being punished for something you didnt do also be something we just have to come to accept?
Report Post Tip
The thing that amuses me most about this situation is that half of the people who are defending this move would be sat on the opposite side of the fence if it was THEIR crewleader or THEIR godfather DD'd.

I am not going to pursue this any further, ive stated my opinion of which i am perfectly entitled to do and can not understand or see a point of view valid in my own mind to justifie this death... it just seem unfair to me, but hey..what do i know...im the new guy right. Who cares what i think.
Report Post Tip

Actually I wouldn't be sat on the otherside of the fence at all. If Drexler's RH was doing what Toyfriend did I would wholly expect him to be killed for it. I surely hope my leader's RH would never do that but if they did I would understand Squishy's decision.

As I said before it should be the same rules for everyone.

Don't bother with the pity party of being new. You are entitled to your opinion regardless of whether or not you are new player or old. Thing is, the rest of us are just as entitled to speak as well.

Report Post Tip

On the contrary Genocide, Jeddy was a Godfather in the same city as me and by the sounds of it a very good one at that. I am not please to lose someone that strengthens the place that I am from, I'm just merely voicing my own opinion.

Not that you were directly pointing a finger at me, I'm just pointing that out.

Report Post Tip

The thing that amuses me most about this situation is that half of the people who are defending this move would be sat on the opposite side of the fence if it was THEIR crewleader or THEIR godfather DD'd.

Actually.......

No, I wouldn't be.  When I have been blessed with a lovely spangly leotard, I have chosen my RHM carefully.  Not just someone that might be "ok" or "deserves a chance" but someone I knew I could trust with my life and my family (Jono, Tita, Nik).  LHM I usually gave to someone too stupid to even understand how to cheat (Adam ILU and Blitzy to some degree I still LU).

I am not disagreeing that it is a harsh punishment but the rules are laid out quite clearly.  Had the scripting not been so flagrantly obvious then maybe we would not have seen a DD but all the evidence suggests that he had been scripting for a while and that is something that just doesn't go un-noticed, especially when it is a RHM not responding to mail or the other tell tale signs of someone being online but kind of not there.......

I feel sorry for Jeddy, and the game as a whole, whether he is a donor or not<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> is </font>irrelevant<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">, it should have no bearing on these decisions.  I know Izzy, it is not a </font>knee<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> jerk reaction, though there may have been times in the past where this was the case, what I have seen in recent times suggests that the decision making has moved more towards a considered process; It probably needs more work and more refinement but hey, what doesn't?</font>

I can't argue with the decision though, if you suspect someone might be scripting, report them?  Even if they are not, you have nothing to lose...........play by the rules kids, appoint someone you trust 100%, not just some intrawebz acquaintance.  Surround yourselves with people you trust, this shit won't happen.

Report Post Tip

I get what Toy did was wrong. After going through here and reading the response from our admin...correct me if I'm wrong, but I never saw where it is mentioned that Jeddy was aware of Toy cheating.

Which means if he wasn't aware of it, then why would he be punished for something he had no idea was going on? I know quite a few people who play this game like robots and rarely speak a word. Most of them also have insane guns and end up as a CL/RH/LH. So, I personally, can understand not noticing. 

Unless he was openly aware of this. I don't see how this is a fit punishment. Admin jail him until he is able to give his side then decide? Yet, to just DD like that after only speaking to one side? Granted this isn't real life and there is no court system, but either way I feel it is broken and unjust. 

Yet, like I said this is going off purely of what I have read. I don't know the conversations that went on, but I didn't read anything that said he knew this was going on.

Report Post Tip

I do recall seeing Jeddy in Admin jail beforehand. Not certain whether there was dialogue between himself & the admin team, though - but I would assume so?

Report Post Tip

i believe jeddy was in admin jail so they could get his attention regarding the matter but your correct he was in admin jail prior to the DD

Report Post Tip

Zephyra telling someone not to bother with the pity party made this whole thread worth it.

Any way you look at it, it really blows. Jeddy was a great Godfather and to have him go down like that is sad

Report Post Tip
I have always found this rule to be quite strange.

Why punish a person for someone else's misdemeanour. Sure if jeddy had been all in the admins face for dd of toy friend, but let's think this through. If your wife decides to break the law, shoplift, armed robbery, murder. The husband doesn't go to prison.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Jeddy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL