Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 18:44:37
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Jeddy Started by: Nipple on Oct 10, '14 17:45

This is Mafia Returns, not let's play house. It's ran by Admins who make those choices as far as using third party software and who to punish because of it. It's easy as this.. Don't play if you don't agree, boom.

Report Post Tip

If the CL did not do the scripting why was the CL DDed? Simply because he was the person who chose his RHM? Is there no possibly that the RHM had been missread in any way and that it was the RHM's dirty dark little secret that he was scripting? A secret that he would not let on to anyone. 

My point is this, the only person directly knowledgeable and responsible for this action was the RHM. Simply because the CL couldn't predict the fact that his RHM was scripting should he really be DDed. 

If you have a best friend that is secretly a Dexter like serial killer should you also be thrown in jail if that friend is taken to jail? More to the point are all of us going to sit here and say we have never misread someone that we met over the internet and know via an online game??? 

Jeddy did nothing wrong and was simply killed due to an unfortunate affiliation. I personally do not think this is the correct way to handle the matter but all that is is my two cents. 

Report Post Tip

Thinking of popping round to Achilles house with these keys he's given me while he's at work. Anyone fancy joining me?

Report Post Tip

Will you look after my cat too? I 100% trust you after all.

Report Post Tip

Heel if you had scripted would your next name have gotten the 200 mil? 

Report Post Tip

It should have, Cherokee. Missed a trick there I think. 

Report Post Tip
I didn't bother reading the entire cluster fuck but it's been known that the CL will also catch the DD too. This shit isn't new, I thought that's why everyone only had "people they trust" as RHs?

This problem is on the players not the people who enforced the rules. If you're looking for a reason to bitch, find a legit one.
Report Post Tip

A legit one, eh? I've always found the idea of DDing someone due to anothers actions wrong. I think that is a pretty good reason to bitch, if you can call what we did bitching. I actually thought this was a thread bringing up a concern on how things were handled. 

Surprisingly enough RHs can be "someone you trust" and then suddenly turn their back on you or be doing something you had no idea of. Sometimes people you trust aren't all you thought them to be. Does that mean that you should get the backlash of it too? For their error in ways? 

Not in my opinion. But hey, I guess I'm in the wrong to "bitch" about that.

Report Post Tip
I don't see it as a problem, the RH is an extension of the CL is it not? You vouched for them and picked them "because you trust them fully". In most situations if they die, they'll come back as a thug RH. In the game itself, their wrongs are yours. Our opinions differ on the thread.

Is that not what happens most the time? CLs getting the backlash from their trusted RHs screw up? The system should be a pretty big deterrent from people in a leadership role to cheat. I'm guessing the consequences were forgotten.

Correct, that's just my opinion though..
Report Post Tip
It really is absolutely amazing the response to this.

At anytime on this game. If your RHM fucks up in a massive way (such as this) then odds are the other leaders are going to come together and shoot you in the face.

The amount of takedowns that have occurred due to a RHMs actions are too many to mention? But because an admin has intervened it is completely wrong and we should all demand justice?

Toys scripting directly benefitted Jeddy. Both being DD'd sets the benchmark and shows the rest of the community the consequences of cheating. Especially in a position of power.

If you cannot understand why this decision has been reached then I do worry where this world is going.
Report Post Tip
Ill put my hand up and admit that I understand why it was done...it doesnt change the fact that I dont like it, I feel real bad for jeddy.
I only got heated because I classed jeddy as a friend, he was a good man who met a terrible fate :(
Report Post Tip
Then in that there is nothing wrong. I agree with you 100%. What happened was an absolute joke. Jeddy losing his account was horrendous. I can only imagine the work he put in and he does have my sympathy.

But your anger should not be at the Admin team but the man who placed them in the position he did.

Being pissy with the admin team will not get you anywhere. Especially, in my opinion, threads like Desmands to which you replied. But I will leave you to your rebuilding in NY.
Report Post Tip
To be fair, jesting or not...the prospect of moving in with desmand would be quite fun, I hear he loves playing counterstrike..so we could stay up late gaming, call sickinto work everyday and work together to make fun of my right hand mans canadian accent :D
Report Post Tip
I was under the impression that the gf rhm was second in charge of the district and in the gf absence he speaks for him? I do agree with most that this is harsh,if this happened to me I would be distraught but I would then pick the most important member of my district more carefully! As a leader you are responsible for your people and its only recently some have asked that leaders take more responsibility for mades and members etc surely this is a good example of that?

That said rest in peace gf jeddy sorry it went this way
Report Post Tip

I would just like to brink something Genocide stated back to attention as I am sure me and other people are still waiting for a response.

I think the point here is simple, its just a question izzy.
how can you justify rationally killing jeddy when he was not directly involved in the cheating. Without absolute proof that he knew first hand of his rhm's scripting antics, there is no way he can be blamed or held accountable, it was something completely out of his controll, and reguardless of how much he trusted the man, its stands to reason that he still could not anticipate his friend cheating, i am asking if you would be able to at least let us see the thought process that lead to this decision and how the action taken against him was justified. Because in all honesty, I am now considering wether I actually want a right hand man now...especially now that I have seen that I can be punished for his personal actions in this way, it is unnerving to know that my nearly 1000 hours of play time, and countless hundreds of pounds spent can be wiped out in an instant because of the actions of my members...truely unnerving :/

Report Post Tip

I can't believe I've played MR longer than I have Neopets, but there is this general rule on that site that if someone dupes an item or uses a script to cheat and then you (another user) benefit from it in any way, such as receiving said item or points, that you will get frozen (iced, ban hammered, DD'd etc)  This is the same on a LOT of game sites.  Users prospering from a cheat directly or indirectly put undue influence on the game and game mechanics and don't leave a level playing field. 

While Jeddy wasn't the one cheating directly, the actions of his RHM, which, let's face it, is basically one of the most trusted positions in the game, was and therefore Jeddy was profiting from a cheat.  

Every time you sign up for an account You know this is a temporary account.  Your character will die someday one way or another. It's up to you to see wether it will be glorious or ignominious.  It's an honest shame that cheating even happens in a game this easy as far as mechanics go.  

Report Post Tip

Its a shame Jeddy had to go, but its not new that RHM and CLs are punished together. Don't know why people are making it a big deal now. Its been like that for years.

Report Post Tip
Admin Jail
Prisoner Sentenced On Sentence Time Left Reason
Achilles 10/14 15:08 14 days, 0 seconds. 13 days, 18 hours, 31 minutes, 39 seconds. RHM was scripting
Report Post Tip

How come Jeddy was DD'd for his RHM scripting yet his just gets suspended. To me it looks like your picking favourites...

Report Post Tip

The rules were changed after Jeddy's DD.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Jeddy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL