Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 19:51:54
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Jeddy Started by: Nipple on Oct 10, '14 17:45
I agree as well mako. After the call/questioning of jeddy still being alive after his rhm was dd'd for cheating was when he was dd'd himself. Mind you that was in toys obit as well.
Report Post Tip

My apologies for slightly sidetracking this thread but...

Obviously it can't be a separate rules for those who have donated and those who haven't but I think it does need to be rethought out since players are heavily investing in their accounts more in this day and age.

Why would investing real money in your account be a reason for admins to adjust the rules? And I am assuming that you want less severity when rules are bent/broken since one has donated/invested money? [I am not talking about Jeddy now, but about this request in general]

Report Post Tip

i think what they were saying is if you donate money you should be treated just like anyone else

Report Post Tip

This, and many other issues, could easily be resolved by formalising and codifying the disciplinary process. 

Report Post Tip

But it took this long for them to come to a final decision on Jeddy? The RHM was DDed last night, admin wake up and DD Jeddy halfway through their day today. Now, where does that make any sense? It's part of the consistency. To me, this is a terrible DD yet again and done prematurely (or rather late?). 

The original wack on the RHM was done by spike after verification with enkindle while I was away from the office.  The wack on the CL wasn't completed until I was in the office and able to do do a three way verification and speak with Toyfriend.  This was done to ensure that we had all the facts, the facts were weighed, and that there was no emotion in the removal.  I feel this was a better way to handle it then to try to rush it to meet the timeline in your mind.

Report Post Tip

(How to fix my excessive commas is another matter altogether though.)

Scourge; I think that quote suggests that the rules shouldn't be altered, but rather the seemingly mood-dependent punishment system, which may have been tolerated when this was a free-to-play game, should not be reconsidered to reflect the fact that this is no longer the case.

Report Post Tip

Simple truth of it is, I've seen hands and CL's do worse than scripting and it hasn't cost the leader their life. (Have seen a RHM script and CL not get DDed as well). I've also seen it opposite. If you're looking for a ground rule on how this is done, good luck. 

I assume you are talking about Kattan.  Kattan was not scripting in the same way Toyfriend was.  Toyfriend fired up his scrip tand walked away so the computer was doing all the work for him.  Kattan set up a browser plug in so that he could click a button, and it would preselect the petty crime, and then submit it.  He was manually triggering the petty crime, but it was preselecting it (A feature that we now offer by default actually).  I felt what he was doing was still offering him an advantage that other players did not, so he was removed.  I did not, and still do not think Kattan thought he was cheating, and thus I do not feel the line was crossed enough to warrant the CL being removed.  Starting a program and walking away while the program auto ranks you up in the game is different than clicking to do a petty manually every 200 seconds and crafting it in such a way that it saves you a click.  I am doing by best to be consistent when things are an apple to apple comparison.

Report Post Tip

"Do we know for sure that he was scripting even?"

Yes, this was verified by multiple people using multiple methods, and confirmed by Toyfriend himself.

Report Post Tip

I think it's wrong, regardless of the timeline in my mind.

And what kind of verification did you find out exactly to feel that Jeddy should've been DDed? Surely, you found out that Toyfriend was indeed cheating and in the wrong, but that doesn't verify anything about Jeddy's knowledge about it, what he can do about it, or whether this information is obtainable for him to take action himself. 

Answer me this, please. Considering I've seen CL's NOT DDed for their hands using a script... what make it verified that Jeddy shouldn't be like those who haven't been punished for this same exact thing, even if it were a year or so ago?

Report Post Tip

Seeing a dd first ask questions later attitude.

This is the exact opposite of what happened here today.

Report Post Tip

Kattan and Toyfriend were both still cheaters. Cheated the same way, but in a different manner of being an asshole. Same rule being broken Izzy, different punishment being carried out all the same. 

Jeddy shouldn't have got DDed today over something completely out of his control. Many people feel the same, and nothing will change that. Just like Kattan's CL shouldn't have (and didn't) get DDed, because it was something that is out of his hands from a players level. 

Report Post Tip

But it took this long for them to come to a final decision on Jeddy? The RHM was DDed last night, admin wake up and DD Jeddy halfway through their day today. Now, where does that make any sense? It's part of the consistency. To me, this is a terrible DD yet again and done prematurely (or rather late?). 

I got into the office at 8:08 AM.  After properly researching everything on Toyfriend, Jeddy was DD'd at 8:44 AM.  I officially start work at 9:00 AM.

Where are you getting the same "halfway through their day" timing?

Report Post Tip

Pretty sure we have already moved past that conversation/statement/question already and moved onto others that are a bit more important to the matter at hand. 

Report Post Tip

Considering I've seen CL's NOT DDed for their hands using a script.

Which are the other CL's?  I am genuinely curious.

Report Post Tip

I have a feeling you're taking the piss.

I'm walking away, because I can be the bigger man. 

Report Post Tip

I am being dead serious, I really don't remember any other RH's that have been caught scripting.  For my own curiosity, let me know?  You brought this up multiple times in your posts, so unless you are pumping up the list of names like you did the time schedule, please take a moment to let me know who?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I think the point here is simple, its just a question izzy.
how can you justify rationally killing jeddy when he was not directly involved in the cheating. Without absolute proof that he knew first hand of his rhm's scripting antics, there is no way he can be blamed or held accountable, it was something completely out of his controll, and reguardless of how much he trusted the man, its stands to reason that he still could not anticipate his friend cheating, i am asking if you would be able to at least let us see the thought process that lead to this decision and how the action taken against him was justified. Because in all honesty, I am now considering wether I actually want a right hand man now...especially now that I have seen that I can be punished for his personal actions in this way, it is unnerving to know that my nearly 1000 hours of play time, and countless hundreds of pounds spent can be wiped out in an instant because of the actions of my members...truely unnerving :/
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

http://mafiareturns.com/news/localcrews.php  <-- The people on this list is who the users of this game look up to.  These are the people that set the examples for the whole game to see and mimic.  It is of utmost important that there is *NO* cheating going on at this level.  What this does is creates a checks and balance system.  It helps to ensure that no one at this level would risk their reputation and the very livelihood of their family.

Sort of a real life example:

I'm married now of 8 years.  I've been in a few situations where before I proceeded, I've thought about the consequences of my actions in how it relates to me, and that of my wife.  And because of my wife, I chose not to go down certain paths that I would have done completely differently if I was single.

Report Post Tip
But that doesnt in any way shape or form answer my question...
Jeddy didnt do anything wrong, so why was he punished?
Report Post Tip

I must be in a minority here but I cannot disagree with the logic of the DD.

Choosing a RHM means they are given all the power and respect that goes along with it. In normal game play a RH is seen as the extension of a leader. Everything he does, every time he is spoken to it is if the leader is stood before you. When choosing your RHM you chose your must trusted friend. A person who you trust to do the right thing at all times. That is the important point.

From my point of view. If your most trusted man is cheating then it reflects on you. It's just the way it is. It sets a bad standard for the game as a whole and the example it gives off is unacceptable.

As I said. You should be trusting your RH to do the right thing at all times. Unfortunately it has cost Jeddy his life. Much like if he was a complete dickhead in The Streets and he was shot by another leader.

Genocide. The actions of your members won't get you killed. (well. I highly doubt it.) but if you cannot trust your RH to the point of not having one then I cannot see how he can be viewed as your most trusted man? You'll only die if your RH cheats or defrauds the game. Its really very simple?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $90,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Jeddy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL