Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 10:27:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Muggers Beware??? Started by: Achilles on Oct 29, '14 19:00

I am amazed at how famous I have become, regardless of how lazy I am. It seems the reputation of my bloodline follows me wherever I go no matter how low of I profile I try to keep. 

Achilles, you probably didn't read my profile completely. But I understand, my PP policy is indeed a pretty long read and I don't expect everybody to spend so much time in such a small matter.

I don't threaten to mug everybody, just those with vague stances and people who don't return money.

I'll take the trouble to explain my problem last night, in case they told you a subjective version that doesn't really reflect both sides of the coin.

I used to work under the assumption that being from the same city meant something. Something like giving the benefit of the doubt and not executing vicious attacks in the middle of a PP competition and especially when the money was being sent back.

Many people like to talk about respect, but I see very little. Mugging should be reserved for enemies, not for people working in the same city.

I know, I know, I used to work under an ASSUMPTION, my bad. Now my assumption is the opposite, assume everybody is my enemy unless proven otherwise.

Report Post Tip

Keep your hands out of my pockets. that's all needed said.:D

Report Post Tip

Kale looks over at Abed. A look of amusement on her face.

I think that it is crazy to assume that someone should reserve their mugging from those in the same family/district/city. I mean those people would (You would think) be more respectful of the tag you are sporting and respect it, but most often they are not. So I think if they can't respect a person from their own cities tag why should they be respected enough to skip a mugging? Seems a tad hypocritical.

Report Post Tip

You are right, Kalebear. You make me realize I forgot a very important detail out. I would never PP somebody who specifically says they are not PP friendly. Last night I picked the pocket of somebody from my own city and that person had no tag at all regarding PP policy. My old assumption would have been to expect people from my own city to mug me on sight. 

What last night told me is that I was VERY wrong and to some people being from the same city means nothing whatsoever.

Report Post Tip

Well I believe there is a particular respect that should be extended but if you ignore someone's tag then they automatically should not be expected to respect yours. I am, of course, not saying that you would do such a thing. Clearly from your situation I can understand how you would not be expecting a mugging with such lack of tags.

Report Post Tip

I'm going to put my 2 cents in here. My forefathers have been mugged from their own family. Which after a much heated debate with the person afterwards, put him in his place. When you are both working towards the same goal, why mug a family member? What are you really gaining from it? There ARE some instances when a PP should be forgiven no matter your PP stance. Whether it be through written permission, or you share the same family.

Ive personally been mugged after written permission from a mafioso. Which after a much heated debate once again, got me nowhere cause it was considered "grey area". 

Basically after 4 years I learned to just stick with pickpocketing Officers so these situations dont occur. Although we are in the life of robbing people and stealing from them. Although very sinful crimes, its our way of life. Sometimes people can't grasp that fact.

Report Post Tip

Why would you rob your own family? If you are working towards the same goal, why would you want to rob your own family members? Should you not be leaving them alone so that they could maybe pay that money to your leader? Should you not respect your own family members in their personal stances? You may not have to like it but you could respect it, especially if you want their respect in return.

Report Post Tip
I pp'd BLOCK. BLOCK was true to his word and came after me. He wasn't ranked enough to clip my BGs (he told me) so he challenged me to a duel.

He's now dead. 73 rounds in that duel. It was epic.
Report Post Tip

I can't really speak for others, but I am pretty sure that for the context of our complaint, after the PP the money is returned. It is what I do when it is requested in the policy or just in case if there is no policy at all made evident.

Report Post Tip

I ripped this off a dead body earlier today. It would seem I keep seeing this kind of tag and each time I see it I wonder a little about the person wearing it. I've seen all sorts of ranks wearing this and unless you are someone in power, I'm not sure how you can wear a tag and make a statement such as this.

My mother wore such a tag, when someone mugged her, she backed it up with a duel challenge. Who shot first was decided by coin toss. She lost the duel, but she kept to her word as well. This is how it can be done without risking a whole family, she had some rank under her belt but was willing to back up her words with thought out actions as well. 

Report Post Tip

That's not really the same is it? Because if I reject your challenge then you will not shoot and I got away with mugging you.

Report Post Tip

Corvo stands up and shrugs.

"I look at it like this. I am, in all means, a criminal. I rob, cheat, steal... whatever I must do to make money. Now, I pickpocket you for 5000 dollars, and I walk. You come back and hit me, beating me within an inch of my life for it. Which is, in all means, your right. But, as I said, I am a criminal. And If I am on the streets minding my own business and am beat within an inch of my life, I am not going to let someone get away with it. Thats just my opinion."

Report Post Tip

But you weren't minding your own business you committed something on their rights and they responded you're not innocent.

Report Post Tip

Corvo looks at Malcom.

"Crimes are my own business. And like I said, I pickpocket people who are pickpocket friendly. So I have no fear of being mugged."

Report Post Tip

Crimes are only your own business if they don't affect someone who can make it theirs, what if someone who saw your status decided they wanted to mug just cause they thought it was dumb? (I'm not saying it's dumb I personally don't care, I'm just saying in a what if scenario)

Report Post Tip

"Then I guess that's their decision. And we will both face repercussions for it."

Report Post Tip

What if you can't hit em?

Report Post Tip

I'll die doing it anyway.

Report Post Tip

Well I admire you for sticking to your guns so to speak Corvo!

Report Post Tip

Thank you, Malcom.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Muggers Beware???
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL