Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 07:24:55
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Muggers Beware??? Started by: Achilles on Oct 29, '14 19:00

I have a small bone to pick with the argument "We are criminals. We rob and kill so you have to put up with people robbing you".

We should not rob EACH OTHER. We take from the chumps that cannot touch us. It's like a bully trying to bully another bully. No, it doesn't work that way. A bully preys on the weak not on another bully because he could be taken down. When you rob another criminal you are asking for trouble. We are in the business of making the most amount of money with the least amount of risk.

Report Post Tip

Curtis listened to what Abed had to say and found himself nodding.

"I couldn't agree more. This is something I would have thought engrained in every monster. Even when I was just a kid it was made really clear by all the older heads.

Don't steal from family. Don't steal from friends. Don't steal from the elderly or disabled. The end.

It really was that simple. Sure there's a little grey area sometimes but not much. We steal from the world to pay each other, not the other way around."

Report Post Tip

Oh, Curtis, how I wish everybody here thought the same way as you... specially those close to you. But I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in my thoughts. Thanks for your comment.

Report Post Tip

Abed the thing is, cities are no longer bound together any more, at least not like they were in times of old. Now loyalties are set with districts instead and so despite your opinions that those from the same city should treat each other nicely and play fair or whatever it is you feel should be going on, it just isn't the case. Those with any idea on how this thing of ours works right now would have understood that, instead you get your panties in a twist and start shouting your mouth off. Just because you're from my city I don't expect some kind of special treatment in comparison to those who are not it just doesn't work that way, at least any more.

In terms of district alliances though, I would have to agree, but then it's down to the pick pocket victims discretion and their relationships with the other mobsters from that district. I wear no tag around pick pocketing and never have done, bottom line, I'll mug if I feel like it.

Corvo I find your statements ridiculous. You're openly stating you would break your leader Qui-Gon-Jinn's and Godfather's rules around a situation you begun.

Report Post Tip

The fact that cities are not bound together is because the leaders want it that way and I just wasn't aware of that. I would have never thought that, just as a very random example that has nothing to do with reality, Amethyst and Cantillon would be okay with their people beating the shit out of each other in the middle of a pickpocketing competition.

Again, I learned my mistake the hard way and next time somebody invites me to a pickpocketing competition I will tell them to fuck off and die slowly.

You have a very coherent logic and it may be aligned with how things are working now, but I still strongly believe that somebody from Manhattan, let's say, owes me a bit more of respect than somebody from all away on the opposite coast like somebody from LA or LV. I would never treat somebody from any district from NY like I would treat anybody from any other city. People from my city should be my allies and we should not be kicking each other's asses.

Just my opinion, since I have learned by now that I am pretty much alone in this line of thought.

Report Post Tip

I have always had them that way, always will. If my leader would like that to change, he would tell me. He understands them and why they are there.

Report Post Tip

CrissCross stood nearby, shaking his head. He took one last deep puff from his cigarette and then tossed it to the to the ground, stomping it out with his foor.

I swear, the nerve of some people...

He mumbled to himself. He stood nearby and listened on. At some points he laughed, at others he groaned and sucked his teeth. When he felt it was appropriate for him to step in and speak his own part, he politely did so.

One of the few things a person walking down the road we all travel needs to get by is respect. with out respect, you will quickly be made gutterscum or fish food. You gotta how to speak and conduct yourself with HONOR. I mean, that's what we are, no? When your boss makes you and takes you into the family, are you not told that you are now an Omu D'onuri? A Man Of Honor?

What honorable man runs around digging in the pockets of other people? What sort of low must a man find himself at to find it necessary to pick pocket another? I mean it's nearly as bad as grave robbing, is it not? We leave that petty shit to the Goombas and Wise Guys.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm much more interested in racking up a hundred grand or so running a loan sharking operation or hitting up  trucking depot, rather than taking the cash of a fellow mobster. That is some cash that you need to put effort into earning. Something to be proud about when the job is done. 

The part I find most insane about the topic at hand, is that someone would have the gull to dig into another mobsters pockets, and then threaten to kill them if that person tries to take back what was there's to begin with. If I thought it wise push my weight around and put my hands into the pockets of another mobster and steal the money he has worked for, then I could only expect for the person to do the same back to me. You ever hear the saying 'an eye for an eye'? Well forget about it. In our line of work, that ain't how shit goes down. In this thing of ours, it's an eye for two eyes and an ear. You want to try and take what's mine? You can expect me to come back for it, and then some.

He started to nod his head, as if he was agreeing with what he had just said. He looked to the people present, waiting to hear a response to what he had said, or perhaps someone else's opinion on the topic.

Report Post Tip

Corvo laughs a bit as the man rants.

"Sir, I don't pickpocket people for money. I can shit 5 grand. I do it because it helps me. Simple as that." (exp is what I mean lol)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Muggers Beware???
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL