Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 20:16:43
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Godfather Council Rules & Regulations. Started by: Kyubey on Nov 18, '14 17:30
True boss...but they could be good earners or even a gun for you. The best way to neutralize an enemy is to make them your friend. At the same time though I do get what your saying but at the same time that button man could have saves your butt in times of culture war if he wasn't gunned down. If you shoot him though you will never know what could have been...I'm not trying to argue with my boss I just think its such a waste of resources.
Report Post Tip

Loyalty is worth far more than guns and money.

Report Post Tip
After privately talking to my boss I now fully understand these rules and in fact I completely agree with them. sorry about my confusion and congratulations to those in Philly and great job to the Godfather Council.
Report Post Tip

I am a little uneasy for an outright ban of people above made not being allowed to find another family. If all is lost, the family is dead and you are standing on your own you have two decisions, die or join another family, in the latter instance never forget who did the dirty deed against you and plan your revenge.

I know you are looking at the people who ‘’jump ship’’ as a sign of disloyalty and self preservation. But I believe it can also sometimes be a smart tactical move. If you cannot win the battle, live to fight another day.

I also see the other side of things, say you are the attacking side, you are victorious. Reach out an olive branch to the remaining members and let them join you. They COULD become valuable members of your own family. I know this to be true, my ancestor did it to great success.

Basically what I see in this rule is an outright slaughter of what could be many valuable members just because of the few who would leave their crew in a heartbeat and sell their crew leader for 30 pieces.

Report Post Tip

I like the points of this regulations. Especially the part about protection orders. I do not know about the rest of you, but I expect to be killed with my crew leader. As a Made Man, I would feel insulted if they let me live. 

Report Post Tip
Flan. You become a blood member of your family the day you take your oath. The only way you leave the family is by the leader allowing it. Either by retirement, your own crew or death.

By taking on the rank of Made Man you are afforded a privileged life. In return you give said life protecting the family to the end.

It matters not you are a good member for whoever invites you quickly enough. You shouldn't be accepting the invite anyway. You should still be trying to defend your fellow family members and taking down those who attacked your family. Dying for the cause isn't noble. It's just expected.

I can only applaud everything that the council has implemented here. It is good to know values have not been lost from the old world and we still value the term 'organised crime'
Report Post Tip
I understand Brendan what you are saying, but I believe there are many instances where sparing people can benefit all around. People with no choice do desperate things, wars drag on when there is no compromise. It instigates more losses for both sides. Basically, its bad for business.
With a rule like this with no exceptions I believe that leaders who attack another family will have more headaches than kills.
We have all sat there for hours, even days while that one bastard wont go down, business stalls, fear reigns. I feel we will be in for more of this with this rule.
But if we do concentrate on the individual who has said his vows and is loyal to his family above all. Does he disobey his vows by staying alive and looking to avenge his family at a later date? If he dies with a wimper, the last of his family his kin will never be avenged, what good is that to his slain friends?
Report Post Tip

it would be worse for business if you allowed a made man into your ranks from a previously warred crew only to be shot square in the face by them 2 weeks down the line, you do not know what anyone made and above is capable of in an opposition crew therefore you would have to eliminate them fully in order to keep yourself your crew and your city safe, war is never without casualty and being made + you induct yourself into that section here in these streets, if you are uneasy with that the solution is simple...dont be made

Report Post Tip

Andy comes out the streets, not fully aware of what he's doing yet. But as history as shown, sometimes a young thug knows what he's talking about.

One thing that bothers me is that this has to be standardized. Shouldn't everyone be practicing this to begin with? And if they aren't, why are they even in the position they are in? I mean, good job that you had a tea party that only cool people were invited to but these standards should be of the norm. Especially the sponsor portion. Seeing certain cities/organizations now removed from power, its nice to see this standard out because they were the biggest problem regarding recruitment. It makes you even wonder why backlash was made against HandsomeRob when he did everyone a favor.

Andy looks over at flan and reminds himself that flan is one of his favorite desserts. He begins to think to himself, "how does a dessert even speak? Its just meant to be digested. Let ME EAT YOU!"

Report Post Tip
It would be Sentinel, but then I as the hyperthetical leader would have made that decision and lived with it.
Setting a standard like this takes it out of my hyperthetical hands to give this person a chance.
Every case has its merits and you dont know until you are in the situation but sometimes sparing someone can have good consequences down the line.
That being said I understand the points of views being put across about dying for the cause and will not disuade anyone from this action. I just felt my points had to be brought up.
Report Post Tip

I'm shocked, for once the so called GodFather council did something worth mentioning.  

Nods as that was the closest to a compliment he could get.

Report Post Tip

Buzzsaw I'm shocked that a boss in a well regarded leaders family isn't smart enough to know that coming out and blatantly disrespecting all godfathers isn't the brightest thing in the world.

nods ds as that was the absolute nicest way he could think to respond.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I was giving them a compliment. People can read into things how they want. I meant it in a good way, certain things has to be worded in certain ways.

Report Post Tip

AnyDwyer looks confused... Even more than ever it seems.

Why can't we go back to me eating FLAN? 

Report Post Tip

that must now be the strangest compliment to date buzzsaw, and you couldnt have said it better if you tried...things need to be worded in a better way, maybe you should try it

Report Post Tip

Great announcements, all around. Glad that these things are still being brought to the light of the public. Now onto the little disrespectful comment towards the Godfathers of this world. I remember a time, actually some of the firsts of our time, where they killed people for being disrespectful to Godfathers in any manner. You're the crust to their bread, the ant to their magnifying glass, whether that's what you like to believe or not. That's the way of this world. The Godfathers are the supreme and run this country, the rest of us do our job and follow. Like it should be. 

But since you called them the So-Called Godfather Council, Buzzsaw, I'm interested in what kind of impact that you or your fathers have made in this country? I remember vaguely of your father being a disappointing Godfather in his shoes, but did he even really try? Did he make announcements on things or help make solid decisions like those on top tend to do? He was a flop from what I hear. I'm just wondering what your bloodline has done that makes you or them better than the crop of Godfathers currently in the vail? 

I'll be waiting on your saltified answer. 

Report Post Tip

Crew Tags/Affiliation.

This is fairly obvious.. But we have established at our meeting that anyone without crew tags of their appropriate family will not be allowed to become a button man. If you are without a tag and your leader dies, you are fair game. It is for everyone's safety, and honestly it is just respectful towards your leader to have your affiliation shown.

houstanatlantavegas reads over the rules set forth from Godfather Kyubey on behalf the Godfather Council and finds himself scratching his head at this last rule. 

I notice that one of your own immediate and most trusted Godfather family doesn't have your own crew tags on yet is more then just a mere button man, a Don in fact. I trust that you'll be practicing what you preach from hence forth Godfather Kyubey? It would be worrying if that right examples weren't set from those at the top yet expected to be carried out by those underneath you and others in your position. Or is this from this day hence forth? Will we see demotions for those above the rank of made and not wearing crew tags? Will you be demoting your own? I look forward to you leading by example as a fine pillar of this community. 

Report Post Tip

I notice that one of your own immediate and most trusted Godfather family doesn't have your own crew tags on yet is more then just a mere button man, a Don in fact. I trust that you'll be practicing what you preach from hence forth Godfather Kyubey? It would be worrying if that right examples weren't set from those at the top yet expected to be carried out by those underneath you and others in your position. Or is this from this day hence forth? Will we see demotions for those above the rank of made and not wearing crew tags? Will you be demoting your own? I look forward to you leading by example as a fine pillar of this community. 

This Don that you speak of has also not been in contact with Godfather Kyubey since the announcement of this new rule, and assuming that the Godfather Council convened today, since the before the Council had met. Obviously, when he is able to speak with his Don, then said Don will surely start representing the Godfather's family. 

However, you have raised a good question. 

If someone were to continue to refuse to not represent their family, what would be the course of action?

Report Post Tip

Godfather Kyubey, I would also like to add my voice to those supporting the policies the Godfather Council has adopted here. A lot of it is common sense, particularly with regard to tags, but there are some sound proposals for dealing with the recruitment problem. It is the responsibility of all of us in this way of life to conduct ourselves with dignity and respect, and thus a self-policing attitude is absolutely the right approach to take. It's imperative that sponsors are educated as to what is acceptable conduct and what is not, and I think this policy is absolutely a step in the right direction in clarifying this.

On a separate note, I would like to add my voice of congratulations to both Inertia and Gravity on their respective moves to Philadelphia. I trust they will both breathe a new lease of life into the city, and go a long way to restoring it to former glories.

Report Post Tip

houstatlantavegas, whilst I was strolling the streets of New York earlier, I happened upon the exact Don that we were speaking of from Kyubey's family. I wanted to make sure I came and let you know immediately that they have indeed begun representing The Incubators, as the Godfather Council's new rule dictates a button man should. 

We may both now rest easy knowing that Godfather Kyubey is no longer breaking this rule that he came out here to declare.

However, I do think that our question does still deserve an answer and hopefully the Godfather can find the time to provide one for us.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Godfather Council Rules & Regulations.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL