Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 17:24:02
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Godfather Council Rules & Regulations. Started by: Kyubey on Nov 18, '14 17:30

I appreciate the proactive stance of the Godfather Council on these issues. I'm glad we're starting to put a greater emphasis on the importance of the Made Man promotion and on a less absurd system of recruiting. All in all, well done GFC.

Report Post Tip

Hail Batiatus. I hope to one day be invited to one of these council meetings where men and women of political prominence dictate policy to the masses. I feel my input would be most valuable and well worth the coin I would ask in return for it. However my lowly station does not afford me such privileges. Fucked by Jupiter's cock once again.

The annuls of our history tell of a time when the mighty gladiator Deimne made the practice of member whoring illegal. The Gods cursed the lands with drought until the ban was lifted if memory serves me. However this was during an era when civilians, petty thieves, and other semblances of piss and shit did not have fucking option of performing lowly task for the various Houses across the cities, which I suppose is what makes this current ban more palatable to the Gods. Regardless, I have always found the practice of whoring to be an irritating one, and only favor the practice of whoring that consists of women spreading leg and cheek for coin. I have also found however that the concept of whoring vs recruiting to be vague, which I think often confuses the masses. Perhaps one day someone will step forward with example of what is proper as to educate the populous. Perhaps BATIATUS someday will!

Gratitude to the Council for bringing these detailed changes to light.

Report Post Tip
I notice that one of your own immediate and most trusted Godfather family doesn't have your own crew tags on yet is more then just a mere button man, a Don in fact. I trust that you'll be practicing what you preach from hence forth Godfather Kyubey? It would be worrying if that right examples weren't set from those at the top yet expected to be carried out by those underneath you and others in your position. Or is this from this day hence forth? Will we see demotions for those above the rank of made and not wearing crew tags? Will you be demoting your own? I look forward to you leading by example as a fine pillar of this community.

houstatlantavegas

Ok. Let's look this over. One, you're a mere gangster, you've only just begun your career in this thing of ours. You have no position to question a Godfather, period. Are you really trying to scold a Godfather for the manners in which he has his crew? Tsk, learn quick before a cold barrel gives you the lesson. This member in question was notified and hadn't been around town since the meeting had taken place, fear not though, the message was delivered and the problem solved. As per your demotions concern.. Each crewleader will obviously have their standards, rise up on the totem pole and set the standards for yourself. You aren't in a position to question a Godfathers actions, nor question any alleged lack of them. There's a lot of gears churning behind the scenes, know that. Just because every move isn't announced doesn't mean it isn't happening.

houstatlantavegas, whilst I was strolling the streets of New York earlier, I happened upon the exact Don that we were speaking of from Kyubey's family. I wanted to make sure I came and let you know immediately that they have indeed begun representing The Incubators, as the Godfather Council's new rule dictates a button man should. We may both now rest easy knowing that Godfather Kyubey is no longer breaking this rule that he came out here to declare. However, I do think that our question does still deserve an answer and hopefully the Godfather can find the time to provide one for us.

Sigyn

I'm glad you took part in exploring the streets, stay awhile in New York..there's plenty to do and see! Ahem. You spoke of rules, the part of his speech that you're referencing was no "rule", it's a policy. Godfather Kyubey wasn't breaking any rule, nor was he holding himself to any exception to policy. I assure you, you'll rest well in any which way Godfather Kyubey conducts his business, his legacy will absolutely support this. Your question doesn't merit an answer, nor does it really merit a place in regards to this speech. The business of crews is solely the business of that crew and their city.

Report Post Tip

I'm glad you took part in exploring the streets, stay awhile in New York..there's plenty to do and see! Ahem. You spoke of rules, the part of his speech that you're referencing was no "rule", it's a policy. Godfather Kyubey wasn't breaking any rule, nor was he holding himself to any exception to policy. I assure you, you'll rest well in any which way Godfather Kyubey conducts his business, his legacy will absolutely support this. Your question doesn't merit an answer, nor does it really merit a place in regards to this speech. The business of crews is solely the business of that crew and their city.

Dominick

I fail to see how this is not a rule. You may call it a policy if you wish, but regardless of what you call it, it has the exact same bearing. 

Which is this:

anyone without crew tags of their appropriate family will not be allowed to become a button man.

Then you claim that my question does not merit an answer because "the business of crews is solely the business of that crew and their city."

However, by coming out here and stating these new "policies", do they not bring crew business out into the public arena? 

The Protection Order, Crew Tags and How to Sponsor "policies" all dictate what every crew is meant to do, and yes, these were established by the Godfather Council, and, of course, they have the authority to do so.

But I do not agree with you, that asking for clarification regarding this "policy" does not merit an answer. If someone is brought to the public's attention, should the public not have the right to question? I'm hardly prying into delicate crew business. My question was completely related to the business discussed in Godfather Kyubey's declaration. 

If this new "policy" dictates that one cannot become a button man without representing their family, I fail to see how my question could be seen as invasive or out of place. I feel Houstatlantavegas raised  a very good point and I do not feel that you have provided a worthwhile argument to discredit the merit of this question.

Perhaps there is a small bit of value in Buzzsaw's comment earlier, which I feel came across quite disrespectful and I would never wish to come across in the same manner. But, maybe, if one is to come to the streets and is bullied away from asking an innocent question, that is completely related to the topic at hand, what value is this entire conversation. We are given information, but instead of being done in a private manner, with little room for discussion, it has been done in a public forum. I would expect the reason is to allow potential discussion to be held, however, I may be mistaken. And if I am, that is quite unfortunate indeed.

Report Post Tip

Sigyn, It's unfortunate you fail to understand what I've laid out and that you don't agree with me. However, I honestly appreciate your stance and your concern as a fellow New Yorker. Let's not delve too far into it though, rather, look at the big picture. The member in question hadn't been seen since the policy or "rule" was implemented. However, when he awoke from his slumber, he quickly applied the necessary tattoo to satisfy this policy and "rule".

Crew business is never a public affair. The only time it's ever aired is usually to brief the public on the reasons surrounding a recent hostility. However, in regards to internal affairs and the workings and discipline of a crew, it's rarely if ever aired out.

You have every right to question the policy and rule, with due respect of course. It was decision of the Godfather council and they hold the majority, if not all of our lives beneath their roofs.  Now to question an individuals crew? That's a little more personal. If you have a question or concern about it, refer to your own family head or take it to them personally rather then in public.. it's solely out of respect.

Houston questioned the internal workings of a Godfathers family. A mere gangster, whos feet are still wet from the docks was questioning a seasoned and respected man in this thing of ours. That's what's wrong, I hope you understand that. His motives aren't wrong. However, it's a fine line when challenging a Godfathers internal affairs, you'd disagree?

Report Post Tip

Dominick

It is indeed unfortunate. I fear that you have not paid attention to a point I made earlier to Houstatlantavegas. 

This Don that you speak of has also not been in contact with Godfather Kyubey since the announcement of this new rule, and assuming that the Godfather Council convened today, since the before the Council had met. Obviously, when he is able to speak with his Don, then said Don will surely start representing the Godfather's family. 

When the particular Don in your family was brought up by Houstatlantavegas, I defended him and Godfather Kyubey, stating exactly what you had just stated. I also quickly informed Houstatlantavegas that he did change it when he was able to be in contact with your Godfather again.

Another point I feel you have misunderstood is what exactly my question is asking. 

You seem to feel that I am targeting Godfather Kyubey because his member was not representing at one point, however that is not what I am doing. I am speaking to him because he is the Godfather who came out today to inform the public of the Council's decisions. By doing so, he has opened himself up to questions and concerns regarding the information in his speech.

I am simply asking what the protocol is for members that have become button men already and have not been representing their families up to this point. I repeat, that is hardly, if at all, question crew business. The Godfather Council came out and made a declaration regarding representation and the button, so it is quite relevant to the discussion, as I have said. I am asking for the Godfather Council's opinion on such a situation, not trying to place myself into Godfather Kyubey's family affairs, as you seem to think I am. 

Report Post Tip
Sigyn
I feel like there's been a certain level of misunderstanding, on my part. I overlooked what you said and spoke without giving your words regard, I apologize.

The material in the speech is of course open for clarification. However the manners in which the Godfather himself works with his crew is a little more private. The protocol for members not following up to this point is up for clarification and to be determined wither by the Godfathers and mothers or the appropriate crew leader I'd assume. However, I'm sure most have made appropriate notifications to rectify any missing tattoos.

Again, I seem to have overlooked your intentions and apologize for taking it a direction in which it wasn't intended. Onward New Yorker and thank you for being cordial.
Report Post Tip

Dominick

Misunderstandings are bound to happen. I am sorry I was not more clear earlier on in our discussion, but I am glad we were able to have such a friendly one, although we, for some time, seemed to disagree.

If only every discussion were to be able to be done so cordially.

As we are both from New York, I expect we will surely see one another again and perhaps have a chance to work together in some capacity. If it is to be, I look forward to the chance.

Report Post Tip
Why shouldnt we question the godfathers?
It is our god given right to question everything. No man, godfather, don, god. Can take that away from us.
99% of the time, when a godfather says "im a godfather I dont have to answer that" or " your just a lowly thug you cant question me" it is because the godfather doesnt have a good enough answer and will avoid the question with shuch remarks.
generally when the council makes rules and legislations. They seem to apply to EVERYONE except the council, and their nearest and dearest.
tell me I am wrong, and ill show you I am right.
Report Post Tip
Feel free to question anyone you want, Benson. Feel free to dance around naked in a cage with starved lions. Feel free to jump of a seven story building. It's your god given right to do whatever you want, but realize in neither situation do you create the rules in the field. If your behaviour is not in line, you just not make it home to dinner one night.
This thing of ours is no democracy. Either change it or accept it, but for now consider all consequences that go with it.

When you, me or someone else just isn't in the position to get all the answers, let it be. We're not important enough for it then. When you see injustice, you might not know or need to know why it's being allowed, just let it be. Feel free to ask for clarification, but let it be when you get your answer. Yelling "it's not the truth" does not change any of the answers, but it's one extra time you called someone a liar. 

There's just rules for everyone to follow, but the people in power can decide when a situation calls for a different approach. Question it if you like, but know this is not kindergarten anymore. If you start being a smartass, it might cost you more then you'd like.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"My great great great great great grandfather left me his journal that's been passed down the generations. It said in the journal how they would have Godfather Council meetings and then a representative would announce it to the community of their findings and decisions.

I for one, am glad this was brought back. I am glad we are hearing some insight about the meetings and everyone can be on the same page when it comes to these kinds of things that make this world we live in so great."

Report Post Tip

Great to see Philly open again a good call there, also good to see the whole tagged untagged situation cleared up for everyone things were getting a bit blurry there and would have ended up causing problems had it not been resolved. As far as the whoring situation is concerned this is a good move being spammed with messages is one thing but i know of people out there that dont even do that they just send you an invite without ever speaking to you in the hope you are dumb enough to accept it, I wasn't but an hour old and i had an invite sent to me without even speaking to or knowing the person that sent it, personally i like to know who im inviting into a family, quality wins out over quantity all day long, so all in all some good changes there.

Report Post Tip

First of all, I would like to congratulate Don Gravity and Don Inertia on their recent move to Philly. My bloodline has had the pleasure of working with theirs in the past, and I am confidant that Philly will be in great hands. It will be good to see Philly restored from the ghost town it has been as of late.

Second, I salute Godfather Kyubey and the Godfather Council on their decision to make this meeting known to the masses and giving everyone a chance to comment and ask questions regarding the new policies.

Third, I'll take this chance to comment and/or question certain parts Myself.

However; if you are inviting someone you know through other means (OOC: E.G - I invite my irl friend) It is not whoring as it was pre-determined.

This is the only part of the Sponsor 101 rules that I have an issue with, as a large majority of new recruits will have prior associations in their bloodlines and this could easily be used as a loophole. This, and the fact I cannot really see how this could possibly be enforced, gives Me a slight doubt that this will be an easy fix, although a step in the right direction. Maybe changing it so that everyone has to go through the "work" program to make initial contact with crews could level the field some? It's hard to say exactly what the fix would be, but I'm glad it's being seen as an issue, and being worked on.

All Made Men (women too!) and above will not be offered protection or a "Safe listing". You are a button man and will live and die in your family whether you like it or not.

I'm very happy about this one, and this is one more thing that will help make the ranks mean something again. Blood in, blood out. My question is though, if someone invites and takes in one of these "ship-jumpers", will that Crew/Sponsor be accountable as they are harboring fugitives?

This is fairly obvious.. But we have established at our meeting that anyone without crew tags of their appropriate family will not be allowed to become a button man. If you are without a tag and your leader dies, you are fair game. It is for everyone's safety, and honestly it is just respectful towards your leader to have your affiliation shown. 

I'm a bit surprised that this wasn't a policy/rule already, or at least that it was not being carried out. I would think this would be as important to someone getting considered for a button as signing the Crew rules would be. (It's surprising some things that slip through)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Post Tip

This is the only part of the Sponsor 101 rules that I have an issue with, as a large majority of new recruits will have prior associations in their bloodlines and this could easily be used as a loophole. This, and the fact I cannot really see how this could possibly be enforced, gives Me a slight doubt that this will be an easy fix, although a step in the right direction. Maybe changing it so that everyone has to go through the "work" program to make initial contact with crews could level the field some? It's hard to say exactly what the fix would be, but I'm glad it's being seen as an issue, and being worked on.

The sponsorship issue only really arises for unsolicited, unwanted invites and this system is designed to combat that. If you force everyone to go through the jobs board, you are actually inventing a new problem that didn't exist before and would likely make things worse. 

Report Post Tip

If you force everyone to go through the jobs board, you are actually inventing a new problem that didn't exist before and would likely make things worse. 

The whole job system was put in place to give new mafioso/mafiosa's fresh off the boat a real chance to get in a family and to "prod" them in the right direction. I can see your point though, about this causing a new issue, since returning bloodlines would not be able to hook up with family/friends of their ancestors, not as easily at least. It is definitely a complicated issue, for sure.

Report Post Tip

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the jobs system and think for those people unsure of what crew is best for them, utilising it is a significant improvement on the targeted invite system being employed prior to this announcement. For those who know where they want to go though, removing the option of allowing them to approach someone directly and circumvent the job board would just make it more time consuming than it needs to be.

Report Post Tip

Praise to the G7 (How I call the Godfather council from now on) for creating much-needed rules on these critical problems.

Report Post Tip

And in the case when joining up with another family is unapproved,  especially because of Omerta and Honor, is it legitimate for surviving family members to set in a new HQ and continue their family without being seen as a rogue by other yet uninvolved parties? With no other options given, would a new leader stepping up doom them to the attacks of all former allies or would they be given their chance with it if they happen to make it through that war?

Ooooh Wong likes this.  I can't remember who said it but I LOVE this idea.  You survive the war, you win.  All your crew leaders your district are dead and your standing around with other members with out homes.  Godfather council, can these members make a new home of their own and recruit the members who's leader has died?  Like saaaaaay the rhm or even just a regular member if they have the means?

Report Post Tip

I would think one would want to show they are part of said family, so should be obvious to have the tags visible to all persons. Another thing, as Made, you are part of the family, and as such should go down with everyone else. When accepting Made, you should be prepared for that...You're supposed to be prepared to defend your family, at least is what I thought. I think if you're not, then maybe you aren't ready for made yet and need more time to be an associate.

It is good to have some people in Philly, maybe it will make the place come alive again.

As for the protection orders, sounds good, make it official,  and set in stone here in the streets to all.. although, I am not sure about how much time is required to find a new family.. but 2 weeks did seem a bit long. 

The job board is a good choice for some, and not for others. I think  if you know where you are going and really don't need the job board then you won't be waiting long, cause the invites tend to pour in, people seem to jump on the newbies...if you are just arriving for the first time, doing the odd jobs proves your worth to your possible new family.

All in all, nice going GFC! I hope to see more as more decisions are made among you. 

Report Post Tip

I forgot to mention that I do like everything I read set up by the GFC, great job.  Finally we can stop the member whoring.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Godfather Council Rules & Regulations.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL