Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 19:41:13
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Godfather Commission Rulings Started by: Curtis on Jan 31, '15 12:06

Denam nods as he hears the opinions of his superiors.

Godfather Kelly_Kapowski, I'm unsure if you're providing me with the ruling of the GFC or your opinion on the matter. However, I'm sure that even if that scenario were to arise the GFC could handle it prudently and effectively.

As he is reading through the rules, he hears some men shouting down the Street. They're cheering for two new crews, apparently. Lancelot and Whor-able had been granted auth to set up in Chicago! What a wonderful occasion. He looks to the sky as he strains to remember those names, or anything he knows about them. He looks at the GFC ruling again; zooming in on the new leader requirements.

"If a potential leader can't manage one single coherent speech as a 'right of passage' then there should be serious doubts about their all-round capability, intelligence and determination to lead."

Interesting. I know Whor-able because she was Right Hand to Godfather Spunky. But I can barely remember seeing her out here in the Streets. Maybe some of the old archives will have some material.

Denam steps into a book store owned by the local mafia where they keep record of discussions, speeches, and stories that have graced the Streets. Denam had only been in the mafia for a couple weeks, so he looked to see if there was anything else he could find on this Don Whor-able. Nothing in the past few months, certainly. He places the book back on its shelf and re-approaches the GFC ruling message.

I don't think I fully understand this. Lancelot could meet the qualifications on the basis that he has contributed many of his thoughts to conversations out here in the Streets in the past few weeks, so I'll not make a big deal of his lacking a "single coherent speech". However, Whor-able doesn't appear to have a record showing "one single coherent speech," and I'd contend that she hasn't attained her right of passage. It seems unfortunate that the Godfather Council (which I hope comes to these rules as a consensus) provides a set of policies designed to improve the quality of leaders only to auth a couple leaders who either barely meet or don't meet the qualities mentioned in the ruling.

Correct me if I'm getting the wrong impression here, but I fear the general respect for these rulings may be diminished if even those who directly establish the rules can neglect them when it suits them. And I don't really mind silent leaders, it just seems odd to set up a requirement only to ignore it when the time comes.

Denam eagerly awaits a resolution to his concerns.

Report Post Tip

Kale had been standing nearby. She had noticed all of the same things that Denam had noticed but he had beaten her to speaking up.

I, myself, was curious about this too. It seems like a bit of a dismissive act for one to have barely made an appearance except for many months ago, once or twice and shortly before their authing on one conversation.

I am curious as to whether or not this is merely a bit of a loophole rather than requiring effort in showing the ability to communicate effectively with other members of the community.

I realize that there are other factors obviously required when being authed but it feels almost a bit cheated in this scenario after the current rulings were given. To me being able to show you can communicate would be something more recent and perhaps more than once. This is just my take on it though.

Smiling politely, Kale steps aside in hopes of catching the response without being in the way of the others.

Report Post Tip

Denam, I do appreciate your candid approach to things and I appreciate your input.

I believe we here in Chicago became preoccupied with the drunken stupor of an aftermath of a hugely shuccessful operation and seem to have overlooked things in our idiocy, let me assure you, @Lancelot is preparing to address the masses as I am shpeakaing to you.  

As you will no doubt shee shortly Lancelot more than has things in hand, I have no doubts your worries will be quelled imminently in that respect.

Report Post Tip

Wooboom you are not making sense. I do not care how many mails a person sends out or who they send them to. I care about the Godfather Commission Rulings and how they work.

The rulings state that they want to see a street presence. It does not say anything about how many mails a person can send.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Drinkin' one more sip of that ol' good whiskey, Wooboom smiles politely at Kalebear.

Look Kalebear, I never make sense, you are completely right on that. I don't agree with every single aspect of the rulings neighter, but I must abide to them, and I guess the GFs aproved her key, and that's what counts here. Not just the mails, days, attitude in crew, attitude with outsiders of the crew/family or number of wars survived. Like some would say, if you don't agree with it, rank and do something about it...

Report Post Tip
Wooboom, Denam nor the GFC care about past aliases or past leaders. What they care about are the new leaders after the guidelines were set. With that said, what you just said doesn't concern anything really. The fact that the guidelines were written and then slacked in way just a mere 24 hours or so after being released is at question. And nobody is saying give the same bloodlines a chance it anything.

The only reason this was brought up by Denam is due to the guidelines already being broken in a sense. I understand your need to defend your friend here, however no one is attacking Whor-able.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Whor-able is sitting behind her big oak desk thoughtfully mapping out the future of the Red Light District. There were many that wanted to go out and celebrate, but she had business to attend to. There were a few that cast doubt on Whor-able's qualifications. This is not how she wanted to start out as a new crew leader, but she had to address these doubts and concerns. This was not a new concept to her because she did it regularly as the RHM of Godfather Spunky, constantly asking him questions and absorbing his knowledge. She was consistently available for her Godfather (some might call it obscenely high) to help and assist in any matters that needed to be taken care of. The internal workings of the crew as the RHM kept her busy, there wasn't much time for public glad-handing but that could be done on a more consistent basis when the new crew was set up. Whor-able felt she would have more of a voice at that time. Whor-able got up from her desk and walked out to the crowd in the street because she felt the need to address their concerns.

I am here today because it was decided that I have worked hard and deserve to be here. To some there were no rules broken here, just different interpretations of said rules. I understand your concerns and I will to be more active in the future so that all of you may get to know me more in my street presence.

Denam, I don't take your concerns personally as I have spoken to your father many times in the past and I know you come from a good strong bloodline. I realize that your concern and don't take them lightly. While your of a lower rank your opionion and the opionions of others I do value.

I look forward in the very near future to being able to have many discussions with you all in streets around the infamous soap box.

Whor-able walks away hoping they don't brutally stone her in the street when she turns her back.

Report Post Tip

Obscure, why is that a bad excuse? I believe that Curtis even said the same thing in so many words, that you do not need to be a good street speaker to be a good leader; and that people who believe they're better qualified in other areas do not have to come into the streets more than once in a while if they do not wish. If you disagree with this, well then that is a completely different argument that I'm more than willing to have if you'd like.

What we're speaking about now is about why two people were allowed to have leadership without making any street presence known beforehand, and I think that's what we should focus on. I can't speak for North Side, but here over in the South Side, everyone is already aware of what had taken place and are already working towards dealing with it.

Lets not frown, lets go into town, hell, I'll buy you an ice cream co..wn. Shit. 

Ted walks off, forgetting what had taken place.

Report Post Tip

Apparently we don't seem to have heard the same speech, or we seem to have interpreted it differently...

rudimentary level of street speaking ability must be demonstrated by a potential leader in order to qualify them for authorisation to set up a new family.

I can't recall seeing this particular leader EVER giving a speak.
If you have, please could you please let us know?

This is not a demand for a strong or consistent presence but there is a need for them to have made themselves known in the streets.

Mirror mirror on the wall, how come I have never heard about this leader at all?

If a potential leader can't manage one single coherent speech as a 'right of passage' then there should be serious doubts about their all-round capability, intelligence and determination to lead.

Do I need to explain this as well?

So my question to you my good sir is, how could you and I interpret this part of the speech so differently?

Report Post Tip

(Now that I'm in a position where my words no longer mean shit (who's to say they ever did eh?) I can finally speak my mind.)

The fact of the matter is short and sweet, having street presence as a requirement is such a stupid fucking idea that the people who made the rules are blatantly disregarding it. I don't give a shit how my leader speaks to the masses, I care how they talk to me and those I'm associated with. That's all that matters as far as I'm concerned, not recycled speeches.

The job of the council is (as a whole) to enforce the rules they put forth. You made a mistake? No, you broke the rules *you* FOUGHT for. If you can't follow them as a council, what the fuck is the point of laying them out here? So, who exactly do these rules apply too?

To be clear, I think the rule is bullshit and you should be able to auth someone regardless of how well they run their mouth in public. I don't agree with "mistakes" (aka pushing someone out to pick up the members of the fallen city) to go unpunished. You broke the rules.

Report Post Tip

Hi Obsure!

You sayin:

Really? Is THAT your excuse?

MY excuse? Now what do you mean by that? I don't need to find excuses for myself or anybody around me. I was just saying my opinion, about things or people I do know, relating to current mater. For a fact, I wouldn't tell shit about something or someone I do not know. My line has spent quite some dozen hundreeds of hours in crews Whore was in, so if my opinion on does she merit to be a CL should be asked, you would know the response. Now for the requirements asked, I guess she was authed by those who make the requirements, that some do misinterpret or misunderstand, so I think she meets the requirements required, somes may find it sounding "desperate and pathetic".

This must be one of the dumbest responds I've come across with regards to this subject.

Can you make us a classification of the top 10 dumbest responses? I am intrigued...

Or do you mean that she is next of kin to the CL/GF you used as an example?
Or are you simply saying that this crewleader has a big enough gun and therefore should be excluded from what the Godfather Council and leaders agreed on?

Having said what I said previously, I do not feel the need to reply to your guesses constructed on how your own "mentality" works...

Report Post Tip

Denam nods to Whor-able as she steps out of her new HQ to grace us with her thoughts.

You are quite right, Don Whor-able. Your age has granted you knowledge about my ancestors, and from what has been passed down you are thought of quite highly. As a matter of fact, my concern has almost nothing to do with you, personally. Had this ruling excluded the point about Street Presence, I would probably be at your authorization celebration rather than here matching wits. Nearly every cultural qualification we place on leaders is met with you; readiness to help, social skills, knowledge of both our world and those who inhabit it, and you spent quite a bit of time as right hand to Godfather Spunky. While I do have personal opinions about a crew leader's street presence, I would have absolutely kept those thoughts to myself if this ruling had not been made.

It is the fact that the Godfather Council decreed a greater effort must be made to meet the rising standard of being a leader of a crew and followed up that decree with an abandonment to the purpose of that decree. I don't blame you for taking the opportunity to start your own crew with limited appearances in the Streets, I am just confused and concerned that those who have established these rulings have no interest in adhering to them. Is this because the GFC is no longer acting or deciding as a cohesive body on these issues? Are some leaders undermining the efforts of the majority? Is the GFC failing its purpose? It seems to spell problems if this sort of thing can arise with the ink still wet on a new GFC ruling.

Report Post Tip

MY excuse? Now what do you mean by that?

*Speaks very slowly so he understands* I mean why the inactivity of one CL, whom our current generation never wouldn't care about since he/she is gone, would be used by you to answer a question about a CURRENT auth's lack of street presence? 

Your response is similar to those little kids who keep repeating this mantra when confronted: "But, but, but, but, he did it too"

I don't need to find excuses for myself or anybody around me. I was just saying my opinion, about things or people I do know, relating to current mater.

Your opinion, even though its's as relevant to me as a sheep's to a wolf, was exactly what you denied doing; to find an excuse:
"Someone else did it some generations ago, so she can do it as well"

My line has spent quite some dozen hundreeds of hours in crews Whore was in.

Oh no, you must be the only friend who thinks a friend deserves auth.
I wish the rest of us had friends who would think we deserve auth...

[Off topic] What did your line accomplish so far with so many hours "invested" in it? 

Report Post Tip

WhereWasI sighs,

First things first, let's go ahead and all take a breath. Second, let's all recognize the current population situation happening. Did you happen to notice there's a very high chance districts were turning people away due to a lack of availability more than anything else? This is not a normal authing in either case, these are war/housing situated authings and therefor a little leeway would be wise. I'm not excusing intentionally adding on a mute leader with no plans to be active in the streets if that's what's happening while those rules are in place, I'm simply stating that the nature of the rule was to make sure the leaders are vocal and visible to the rest of the community so maybe giving them a couple of days to finish setting up a family in an unusual situation and giving them the opportunity to establish that presence before starting the witch hunt would be wise. And for anyone trying to claim it's a stupid rule, forcing leaders to show a small semblance of a street presence really isn't that hard whether you agree with it or not so I don't feel like it's that big of a deal if you're not big on speaking in the streets and I'm saying this as someone who isn't really a fan of the rule. If you can't speak, find someone who can and use whatever skills got you into that position to get them to write it for/with you. If threats are all you have, you probably won't do very well... but you could probably find a way to get someone to write something for/with you even with just that talent.

As for the leaders in question, I personally feel this isn't the place to speak and that quickly developing that first speech or two will probably make this one fade off into the distance... but then again I specialize in pissing people off not calming them down so you should definitely make sure that logically makes sense by asking a few friends what to do if you're unsure before following my advice on something like that.

Report Post Tip

*puts a recorder in normal speed registering, so some may understand playing with speed button according to their disposition*

Simply coz a world ain't built in a day, and previous generations did contribute to it. Or in the unbuilding destructive way. It's part of history anyways, but every liitle kid should learn from it. My resonses you misinterpreted again, so read slowly again what I said above a few times more, and stop being stubborn in your own misinterpretation.

Oh no, you must be the only friend who thinks a friend deserves auth.
I wish the rest of us had friends who would think we deserve auth...

You don't insult friends.

[Off topic] What did your line accomplish so far with so many hours "invested" in it? 

As you said it's off topic, and it doesn't matter in this discussion. But I can say this: I learned what not to do observing some people around...

Report Post Tip

As buddha heard the yelling from a distance, buddha is so curious on what is happening he followed the path were the noise is. As he walk closely to the crowd. He saw a veteran faces on the stage and as the leader spoken, As buddha heard the voice he knew Curtis is speaking infront of the crowd. 

As buddha is so curious he stayed and listen to the speech. He was a new commission ruling. " That would be a great idea cutis, I agreed to that new ruling of your. This would be a fair gameplay" 

Very agree tho! Nice nice! *clap clap* as buddha leave the crowd with his smile in his own, now he is in great shape on this game " so impressive!" have a great one mafioso! 

Report Post Tip

Let's be reasonable, this takedown was in the books for awhile now. Vegas was told it was coming weeks ago and were damn near given everything in the reasoning speech word for word. They heard the speech before it ever left the mans mouth.

Couldn't they have told "the next in line" to get off their asses and start mingling? There's literally no reason to break the rules you set in stone two days ago when they've been in works behind the scenes for weeks.

Let's just pretend everything I said above was false. As a leader you knew these rules were gonna be in effect weeks before they hit the streets. You have your list of likely auths, chances are it's probably just one person who you've already told. If you're not pushing them into the streets at that point because "anything can happen" then it's still your fucking fault, not the circumstances.

Report Post Tip

Bob, it's my bloodline's personal habit to tell the absolute bare minimum people anything at all about moves and tipping someone off to something like that coming up in the near future if the other auths weren't full is tipping your hand to a certain extent so it is possible and probable if those leading the strike were of a similar mindset, though admittedly I wouldn't know about either situation.

As for the timing, I'm personally all for making the leaders hear about it if they aren't able to bring themselves out to the public in a reasonable amount of time, but not everyone designs speeches in the same way. Hell, I personally will approach each type in a different manner. I'm currently just spit-balling my words in a district activity to deal with a BG Strike, and that's one way to go about getting your name out there, but they also might've followed my line of thinking for another speech I'm personally planning. I've put in a few hours here and there and I'll continue to do so until I feel it's ready. Until I feel it's ready, I won't put it out for the public. It's possible they were working on one and are now just finishing it up because of the rushed circumstances. I agree if a speech or two don't come out quickly that they're making a mockery of the rule, but again it's an awkward situation so maybe another 48-72 hours before really cracking down would make sense in this type of a situation. 

Report Post Tip
Thank you all for your questions and hopefully I can clear it all up. Obviously yesterday was another busy day in our world.

I had been planning to auth Whor-able for some time when everything was in place and when the rulings came in, Whor-able was going to increase her Street presence as the requirement was agreed upon and to be authed at a later date but with the events of yesterday forced our hand and we wasn't able to follow the intended plan of action so I do apologise for that.

That said Whor-able has already come out to respond and has stated that she will be making more appearances on the street, so you can see that we aren't trying to circumnavigate the rules just had to rush things through because of the situation.
Report Post Tip

To recap and gloss over this really quickly, Curtis' Godfather rules state that some rudimentary blah blah blah. Basically, prospective crew leaders need to have ascertained some sort of street experience, and this has already been basically broken by two districts already. Now I am not here to judge those that have been authed, the best of luck to them, but surely this doesn't set a good precedent?

OK, things may have happened at a fast rate, we may have only known about the demise of LV for four weeks, rather than five, but in those moments afterwards, these people cannot have come to the streets? Even if there were no speeches, valid inputs into conversations would have been nice. Also, if the argument that things have been gone too fast is actually valid (that's debatable), then that is still two districts are basically stating that they will break the rules if it benefits them.

Also, I am not sure if the whole forced street requirements is the right mind set. If these people were prospective crew leaders and were next in line, regardless of all so convenient excuse of the LV massacre time frame, surely they should have been showing promise in the streets from an early age? Yes, the rules were not in place when these prospective crew leaders were younger, but surely this is common sense? The notion of talking because they have to is almost as bad as being a mute crew leader.

So is this what we have to look forward to? A crop of mute crew leaders that have arisen because more districts have broken the rules set down in the streets by Curtis, versus a crop of crew leaders that are forced to come to the streets so they can have their title?

If this is the mindset of all of this then the future is indeed bleak.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Godfather Commission Rulings
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL