Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 04:42:28
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Failures Of New York Leadership Started by: Failures on Apr 25, '15 12:20

New York, New York. The Big Apple, a city with a deep history of success and prosperity, but those days seem to be fading away. Ineptitude has taken over it seems, but no one has addressed it. Two leaders stepped up, then stepped down, and now a Godfather has retired from the city. This doesn't bode well for Curtis's regime.

• Ragnarok starts a crew, which fails miserably. He steps down soon after and retires. No loss there, he was a mistake from the start.
  • Guevara has never been active enough to be a CL, much less a leader a district. Recently he was replaced by Chris_Vaughn and Dr_KennethNoisewater(lol at that)
  • If Ragnarok's auth was a mistake, the authing of The slack ass Dr was the most laughable event ever. One would be hard pressed to recall someone so lazy and unmotivated as this guy. The district would have been better off letting Guevara stay IA over giving Kenneth a crew
  • And the straw that breaks the camels back. Batiatus, Godfather of Manhattan up and retires. The second in charge, a power player within the city, and he just calls it quits. New York suffers a massive loss here. Had history been looked at, people would have known this would occur. The retired Godfather has a long line of becoming bored and fading from the world all the time. It was known that it would happen here, yet it was all ignored.

It will be fun watching Ivan step up and fill Batiatus shoes. What are the odds that he does something massively stupid within a month of taking Godfather? Then we will chalk this up to another New York leadership failure.

Report Post Tip

Curtis chuckled at the unfortunate idiot.

"Oh wow. What piercing insight you have. I had no idea all those things played out the way you said, this has all come as most socking news. I will away quickly a reassess my approach to life. My city and all the people that live and work in it have clearly misunderstood our situation. I shall immediately mass mail and inform them of the grave peril they face in staying aboard such a desperately sinking ship."

Report Post Tip

New York stock is falling, gentlemen, while opportunity swells in the desert!

Come to Sensational Summerlin™, the city of two Al's. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
This really doesn't seem like the time or place to have that conversation Al
Report Post Tip

There's never a bad time to talk about Salacious Summerlin™, where the grass is green and the money is greener! 

Report Post Tip

I guess I don't see the wisdom in coming out to a thread that is attempting to bash New York and trying to piggy back on that to make your own place look good. Doesn't seem like smart business to me, but hey what do I know?

Report Post Tip

Lighten up, Triton. I think we can surmise from Curtis' response whether New York feels bashed or amused. 

Report Post Tip

Templar listens to the ramblings of an obviously ill informed civilian and laughs to himself at what has been said about both Curtis and New york as a whole, this really does amuse me as of course a mere civilian would know all about the inner workings of New Yorks leadership, I think you will find that New York is still as strong as ever yes there may have been a few changes there but do you really think those in charge are stupid?, I can assure you now Godfather Curtis is no mug and those who have taken over are more than capable of continuing the good work that has gone before them, I would suggest sir before you come running out to these streets spouting shit you know nothing about do your research and actually know what the fuck you are talking about.

Report Post Tip
Well, this speech served a bit of a purpose. I never knew Ragnarok stepped down and retired, don't pay much attention to my surroundings these days. Sad times.
Report Post Tip

You forgot about the fact we have the infamous monster Barry and the adorable little Imp, Tyrion.

Surely these two creatures could have been mocked in some manner? I feel disappointed to be left out.

Report Post Tip

Lord TyrionLannister! This reminds me of the trial in KingsLanding across the narrow sea. When our friends had to smuggle you out to bring you to safety here!!! 

He left that part out too! 

Blackwod follows the Imp to the local NY Bar. 

Report Post Tip

I feel disappointed to be left out.

I was just gonna say, I don't know if I should feel good or bad that I wasn't named.

Report Post Tip

I was just gonna say, I don't know if I should feel good or bad that I wasn't named.

Maybe if  people actually knew who you were, you would have been named? Ooooshhhh.

Report Post Tip

Yeah, Tyrion's problem is definitely the fact no one knows him. He's one of the people the term 'no name C' was created for.

Report Post Tip

Who's talking about Tyrion?

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with Tyrion. How could you forget the incompetent and utterly forgettable Barry? Also, as far as defamatory speeches go, this was sorely lacking. Not a single charge of incest or bestiality.

Report Post Tip

Maybe if  people actually knew who you were, you would have been named? Ooooshhhh.

And perhaps there is strength in anonymity... 

Not a single charge of incest or bestiality.

Well he did mention Ivan.... Animal love and sensual sibling activities are kind of a given....

Report Post Tip

Anonymity and being unknown is not really the same, since ''being unknown'' speaks more of one's popularity and presence, rather than one's identity/name being unknown.

Also..

I didn't know Ivan was into that shit.

Report Post Tip
How does a coward who hides behind the name of "failures" think for one ioda second he or she are any better then the alleged problem (s) announced to the streets?
Report Post Tip

I know it's a little cliche sticking up for your own crewleader, nevertheless have you ever met or seen IvanRomanov before? The dude has his head screwed on more than just about anyone I know that holds a pistol in their hand.

I know that the way I put this sounds a little rough around the edges but I think the effect of that just proves a little more than is stated. I have been at both ends of the slagging spectrum before and I would at least have the courtesy to be completely over the top or be as truthful as I possibly could, this guy however... Has no tact or style whatsoever. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Failures Of New York Leadership
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL