Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 23:37:59
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Bronx Unlucky Started by: RemusLupin on Jul 02, '15 04:30

For me, the protec order is invalid.

Oh yeah, Remus, You aint my favorite anymore...

Report Post Tip

Blah blah blah, "Because I wanted to make a premature power play that is overwhelmingly obvious on a time that isn't even close to being right, and I wanna shoot my guns like the cowboys do."

YourNextWife, you are not the speaker for this speech last time I did check, but you seem to know an awful lot about the minds that are. Either way, Remus brought up the transfer in his speech, therefor it's part of the reasoning whether it wants to be completely ignore or not. Sweep it under the rung for all I care, but it's there and it's linked. Disrespect or no, killing districts and every member of the entire family over the transfer of one member or disrespect of being denied one member is pretty laughable to me. Don't you have entire families and districts to worry about, not one member that wasn't given to you? Silly silly. This could've been handled better all around. Maybe a quick talk in the coffee shops again, but who has time for that when we can whip out our guns and pretend we're all big boys? 

Would've respect the speech more if you would've cut out the 'irrelevant' stuff that you did bring up, that you want us to believe that has nothing to do with the actual reasoning, and replace it with a "Because I could".

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Disrespect comes in all forms and I love that this was deemed enough of a reason for the removal. Interesting development keeping a LHM and hitter alive from the district you just shot up though - perhaps that's where another story to these actions lie. 

Rest in peace to the fallen. Lessons have been learned this way about loyalty, family and respect - the hard way.  

Report Post Tip

"Because I could"

it's never an excuse. A person who can doesn't need to invent excuses...

Report Post Tip

Ramza I sure am not the speaker for this speech,  I am simply putting my two cents in like everyone else is doing. Remus stated his reasoning for killing the district and people want to argue about it. I am just giving them more information from what Remus stated so they can be more informed in their arguments.

Report Post Tip

Lessons have been learned this way about loyalty, family and respect - the hard way.

chestbrah, u must b fukin kiddin' me...

Report Post Tip

The fact alone that a Made Man would request a transfer to another city is mindblowing. Not to mention the hand position.

When i read Don Obstacle's order i assumed that it was referring to lower ranks only. I thought it goes without saying that a Made Man is bound to their family.

This is just sad.

Report Post Tip
Well so much for the portection order I just got killed good work guys u have managed to turn off someone who wanted to play and got killed for no reason. I'll be back in 2 years to see if the players in this game are gona give new players a chance
Good work
Report Post Tip

Fully agree Atropos. Seems to me when a person has had so many roles for a family, there's just too much water under the bridge and you have to stick with your lot. Perhaps seek to have a child and wish that child all the best in a different family. 

Report Post Tip
When one takes on the rank of Made Man one becomes a sworn member to that family. When one has the position of Hand, Left or Right, given to them, be it on a full-time or part-time basis, they are even more bound to the family. They are part of the family leadership. They are one of the people that should be setting an example for their family.

They should not be making mistakes that cost them this position then running off to an entirely different city. If they had at least stayed in the same district or city I can see it as it has been done many times. However, leaving your station in a family that you have pledged yourself to is just wrong. It's one of the worst forms of disrespect that can occur here.

When I read the transcriptions of transfers being allowed for a period of time without question I was under the impression it would be applied to those Wise Guy and below. Not once did I think a Hand or Made and above would be allowed to do so.
Report Post Tip

You know what MarySibley? My line was in evry city(-PH), many districts, but never in PH...

Maybe that's your lucky charm...

Report Post Tip
Excuse me sir? I understand you are a colourful fellow and all, but what exactly did you mean by that? I was not in any way addressing you in this conversation and have echoed what others have said yet you choose to single me out for some reason.

Could you please explain what you mean by your statement?
Report Post Tip

Yes dear Mary, I can.

Report Post Tip

As pretty much every one else has stated, this could have been handled better, in my opinion mainly by the DEATH of the RHM that fucked up to begin with.  At that point their kin could have gone wherever they pleased and it would not have been an issue.

Knowing human nature and seeing the repercussions of it in action it is never a good idea to leave someone alive after they mess up, especially if they go to other families and request to be transferred after they messed up.  It shows they lack loyalty and really aren't worth two shits of a consideration to begin with.

This is just my two cents.

Spare the rod and you can have hell to pay.

Report Post Tip

I think any (good?) leader wouldn't let his Made members leave. Seeing as Sweetdevil was a former hand who was very likely carrying some sensitive information about her family and it's inner workings with her, I don't think its a surprise that her transfer was refused. I guess there's always a chance to use to rules to benefit yourself.

I can't comment on the apparent disrespect coming from Lucky, as I haven't seen the telegrams between Mr. Lucky and Mr. Lupin.

Rest in peace to all.

Report Post Tip

Edge, you buy RHs as easy as that? Put that in your Cv next time you seek a lil job, maybe you'll go far with that remark...

What if the RH didn't "fuck up" to begin with, but the CL was persuated it was the case (by someone from the outside)...? You should understand that since you talking about human nature... My Grand-pa would certainly understand the need to pay for his "errors" in times of war, but am sure he didn't ecspect to be acused of paranoia and spreading dangerous rumors for wanting to keep his crew alive with minimal losses, as his long time ago ancestor was...

Haha, your mouth is shut and ears opened? It wasn't about the transfer, I do understand 13th oldest player to be (bad luck) and even better gun with full vison, please, wasn't very welcome in the old circle of decision makers... (Coz we running around here, and u unwelcome new blood)...

Anyone can order a hell for others, but you don't know what it means for those involved till you feel it. Now get some money for those above you, more hours, and a big gun to prove your point! Cheers!

Report Post Tip

Honestly Johnnyghost, you don't know my bloodline.  My ancestors have been in those positions where we leveled cites and killed without remorse or pity as a godfathers...yes plural.  And really, I don't give a damn what your ancestors have accomplished, but judging from what I see I'm pretty sure it's not much... and you should not care what mine have because you and I are different people than them.

That doesn't doesn't change anything about the situation relevant here today, when you have a problematic crew member you do away with them because if you leave them alive things like this happen.

Grow up soon son, this world is large and you have a lot to learn.

Report Post Tip

Sandstorm walks out of his HQ across the street to the HQ of the Bronx industry, their was a crowd of people in the street, women and men alike crying, firemen yelling and trying to rescue anyone who may or may not be alive.

Sand walks up to the crowd astonisedby what has happened, he grabs a newspaper... "Damn these things print fast", it says DT levels Bronx. He started getting pissed, he turned further to the article that had explained the reasoning behind such a act, and it was bullshit.

~~We decided that because of people just jumped into the existing crews to be safe we will be very flexible in letting people switch crews. Of course this has to be discussed with the leaders first. Do not leave just like that. This is very disrespectful.

Switching can be done for another 14 days (ends 28 June 23.59). Reason why is that when people reach Made Man, they might be authed and then they want their friends to be in their crew. I like to see that friends can be together and not held back so they eventually suicide. Within these 14 days if there is a problem, I would like to know so we can discuss this.
 After 28 June, each leader decides himself if a member can leave or not.

Your thread is all about one member really you sink a district for one guy...who gives a fluff. (toxic leadership)The member tried to leave, it is up to the crewleader if he leave, if the CL denied his leave you take it back to Obstacle, she has stated that before as in bold and underlined as I have done above in blockquote. She should have been informed and if not that's a failure on DT, if they were informed then this was larger than DT. I mean I just thought we were supposed to be rebuilding and not killing for awhile that was the mutual trust leaders had, and well this proves to be unpredictable leadership. As Drake has said, " NO NEW FRIENDS".

p.s. Tough tiddy

Report Post Tip

I m sick of this lies,Lucky disrespect you bla bla,he had every right to not let her go

he give her conisgliere rank,he give her hand position and all what is going with that

if that was up to me I would kill her first day when she asked that question

RIP Bronx

Report Post Tip
Ygritte strolls out of local and whips out a little piece of paper ready to have a say on this discussion. She looks down at the note and smiles

Of course this has to be discussed with the leaders first

It's very rare I show my face in this bloodbath of a place known as the streets. However this one incident warrants my opinion somehow. That right there is a direct quote from Don Obstacles paragraph on transfering. In the past as many of you've known, unless very very special circumstances if anyone EVER went to their leader requesting a transfer they'd be shot on the spot. This is why Obstacle said those rules were being a little relaxed for a certain time period.

Not once in her speech did she say that the crew leaders had no say on the matter. Infact she said the quite opposite. Therefore Lucky denying this request was more then in the rules, and unless she did something extremely disrespectful I don't see an issue on the refusal of the move.

Next, for Remus to then level the ENTIRE district when we're actually trying to rebuild a world is out of bad taste. THIRDLY he then also leaves the member that he wanted to transfer to his family alive.. and rewards them with Consligere. Now to me.. that's EXTREMELY bad taste.

If anything that's a complete kick in the face to Obstacle, JaimeLannister, Spartacus, PodrickPayne and Whoreable. All who have worked there fucking arses off to help rebuild after that recent massacre. What is done is done and I wish that all those who have died a peaceful afterlife. To all those who are now homeless I hope you find shelter before anymore predators latch onto you for a +1.

Ygritte goes to walk away and quickly turns around realising she has missed a bit..

Oh and I do hope that these leaders are demanding some sort of evidence of this 'disrespect' from Lucky.

Ygritte smiles at the crowd then walks away.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Bronx Unlucky
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL