Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 11:37:20
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
First Street Speech (sorry if I'm a bit nervous) Started by: Mishka on Jul 27, '15 00:00

Mishka approaches the street corner nervously. He has always been intimidated by speaking before crowds, but he had a lot on his mind regarding the current state of affairs in the Mafia and thought it was important to share. His stomach gurgles a bit as the butterflies take over. His palms become clammy, anxiety sets in, his mouth goes dry.

This was a bad idea. I'm sorry everyone this is going to have to wait for another time I can't do this sorry

He leaves.

Report Post Tip

shy is also nervous , he wanted to join in with mishka.Shy's palms were sweaty knees weak ams are heavy.He's nervous there's vomit on his suit .That was his mom's spaghetti he ate earlier .Though on surface he looks calm and ready.He forgot what he wrote down. The whole crowd  grows so loud . Shy opens his mouth but the words wont come out.Shy begins to catch up mishka .              

"man i'm feeling what youre feeling right now. I Couldn't do it either "

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I disagree with everything said by everyone here because I find it offensive to the state of midgets

Report Post Tip

"You guys just need to drink s'mores. There's a reason they call it liquid slurrige."

And with that, Bass continues walking, taking a sip from his flask every few steps before falling onto his side.

Report Post Tip
She grabs Mishka by the scruff of the neck and pushes him back to the front of the growing crowd. She stands back and straightens his clothing and fixes his hair. In a quiet voice she tries to offer words of encouragement.

It's okay to be nervous Mishka. We've all been first timers here before. We've all been nervous, but you can't run from it. Somewhere deep down you have something to say so say it. If us standing here waiting makes you feel nervous or afraid just think of that man over there. His name is SpikeS. Think of him being naked or something.

She scrunches up her face a bit.

Never mind, don't do that. It'll scare you even more.

She settles back into the crowd and smiles.

Come on kiddo, you can do it. Tell us a story or give us a rant. Do something! Don't waste away into the void.

I am naked or something so no need for imagination. 

Report Post Tip
She shakes her head and tries to forget the image in front of her.

Well, the ladies were right. There's really nothing to see there.
Report Post Tip

THERE WAS A COLD DRAFT SO IT WAS SCARED LIKE A TURTLE.

Point is: 

There is no need to be nervous in the streets. It's best to just let it all hang out. So be open. Talk freely enough. Otherwise, you're just like a turtle hiding in a shell. 

Report Post Tip
Mishka, I know and have felt the same you have. Talking in from of the masses may quite be nervous. The more you do it the better you get at it. The streets have always been real important to how things run in this world of ours. Respect the streets and the streets respect you. Unless you come out raging and complaining and preaching things that are far from true then I can see anyone having problems out here.

I see this time didn't got to well as maybe what you planned. If you bring on next time a topic at hand then you will get the response of the masses on debating each others opinions. Oh they are fun to be apart of or to spectate.

Still I give you courage to come here at all. Good for you Mishka.
I also love SpikeS response. It made a lot of sense to me.
Report Post Tip

Thank you, Bearderus-Areleous. MarySibley brings it out of me. 

Report Post Tip
She tastes a bit of her previous meal in the back of her throat and hands SpikeS her jacket.

Yes, well, now you can put it back in. Please. Thank you.
Report Post Tip
While we all are here giving our input, which I enjoy heavily. Tell me what was the first time you ancestors approach the streets and what topic did they arise?

This is for anyone who wants to share?
Report Post Tip
She tries to think that far back and struggles to remember which diary it my be in. There were many... many to choose from.

I do believe it was many, many, many, many generations ago. A woman named twitching_kitty found the Streets and congratulated her leader on a job well done or something and was chased away by those who had been around longer for daring to speak out in public using references to things from distant lands that only her boss at the time would understand.

She learned quickly about how things worked. She was what many would consider "F.o.t.B." Only a few days on solid ground.
Report Post Tip

Mishka finds himself thrust back into the forefront by MarySibley. He takes a deep breath and exhales. Mishka meets the crowd's hard stares with a hard stare of his own; not a confrontational stare, but a hard stare of determination.

Thanks Mary I appreciate the support i just get nervous speaking in front of people. Well what I was going to speak upon was the current state of our mafia and maybe offer up a different perspective on matters, more of a positive slant on some of the negative takes on the present climate of things and just thought some people might benefit from hearing an alternate viewpoint fuck this I can't do this sorry I tried.

Mishka looks downward at the sidewalk and leaves

Report Post Tip
You know, you could have at least tried to make a decent speech. Instead of setting up a support group for nervous wrecks.
Report Post Tip
In fairness, I did try. Twice.
Report Post Tip
Sorry, I meant tried as in "do it".
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
No thank you sir I think I've embarrassed myself enough for one day. My fight or flight instincts kicked in, and I chose flight. I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time I'm going to go now.
Report Post Tip

Visas see young Mishka struggle to try and speak in front of his peers placeing her arm around Mishka she smiles at him.

Its ok Mishka you will get there in time, It may be a big scary world out there but in time you will be able to move from the wadeing pool when you think you are ready.

Visas slaps Mishka's hand as Mishka's hand had moved a little to close to Dat Ass.

You certainly arnt nervous about that aspect are you?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: First Street Speech (sorry if I'm a bit nervous)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL