Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 08:58:55
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The choice of the NY people - well, some of them. Started by: Rudy on May 24, '16 10:04

Charlotte.. he hasn't stood against anything. Or for anything. There is literally no point to the actions taken by Rudy.

Report Post Tip

Landmark: The first ever MR crew without a single trained gun!

I can assure you that you are not the first crew to not have a single trained gun.

Report Post Tip
I understand taking a stand like this. Sometimes a martyrdom can be more affective than a violent protest.
Report Post Tip

Sometimes martyrdom is the only option when all else fails. I challenge anyone to say they would willingly turn their back on their city! We are not sheep guys - some of us have brains and can think. Sadly many here assume saving your life is the only priority...I assure you this choice was not taken lightly.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

BretHart Maybe I do, and some people now, but I didn't go public on that.

in abstract: Stand up for yourself!

Report Post Tip
Bret, action doesn't always have to be brought by force and death. A simple action of standing up for what you believe in is sometimes all that is needed to get your point across. I believe Rudy has done just that. He is telling us all that he will not be corralled into another city like a sheep so that someone else can move in on what he has called home for his entire life. Even if he were to go out guns blazing, what would it matter. You speak of planning as well, I don't think Rudy had planned this since then he would have known about the move and been a part of it. This is simply a reaction to that and even though it will result in his death and could even result in the annihilation of New York as a whole for having one of our Dons stand up like this I think it is honorable. If it would have been the entire city stand up and fight, it would be exactly what you and a lot of your city were defending your leader DoctorBoom had done to his late Godfather Chairmen SpikeS. I hope now you can see that it's easier defending the actions of someone when you are on the winning side rather than those of the few.

its good for you to stay and defend the dead souls of ur friends bud . keep goin

Report Post Tip

For a martyrdom to be successful you would have to be remembered. I for one, am not going to remember Rudy past this day. These sort of protests in a world where it's dictated by gun power and sheer force, are farcical. I mean we could lay our guns down, present each other with flowers and forgive all that has happened, but we know that is never going to happen.

Nice knowing you, Rudy.

Report Post Tip

I'd like to thank so many people, you know who you are, it feels like I am carrying the torch for all NY souls right now and I will take my NY pride to the grave!

Report Post Tip
..Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony..

Report Post Tip

At least some people here still maintain the core values of the mafia. You don't run when the going gets tough. You stand up and be counted. My father paid the price but I am so proud of him and Rudy too. Protecting your life at the expense of dignity and honour is unforgivable. 

Report Post Tip
Owen, unless you have issues with your memory which would be a personal problem I can guarantee you will remember this even past today. Your statement can be said by someone out there about every martyr in regards to remembering them or knowing the events at all. You are incorrect on that definition as well so you might want to head back to the library for reference. Woth what you are saying, we could also say the same that there is no point fighting each other than as well because no matter what, we will all still die and be forgotten. So to you, the only correct thing to do is go along with whatever you and yours do. Try and start looking at things from outside our own perspective bud that's how you learn.
Report Post Tip

leaves apartment building,  takes last breath and remembers all the wine parties that happened. This world has lost two of the greats. "People that were even better then Spike and even Rayln maybe. 

Report Post Tip
Iam in a newyork crew i like missniki
And so i will move with her she gave you a home and you stabed her in the back that is sad man i lost frineds in the wsr too.i hat to get over it it is the mob getover it. Loyality is a must in the mob
You have none rudy.

Gives Tanaka a fresh piece of paper, pen and a dictionary....

I am all for standing up for your beliefs, however you state you are standing up for New York. Wouldn't that be the leaders who are set up there's job? If they are okay with moving to Detroit then you are doing nothing to represent them. As someone said earlier you are just having a hissy fit. Wouldn't it have been smarter to work and support your leaders decision?
Report Post Tip

DemTitties, I can assure you that my memory is fine. I remember the days of the DeadlySin of old, OliverMactavish, CP, a rabble of friends with numbers for signatures that cannot be named. I remember these people because they fought for what they wanted and believed in, with many stories of them on the fields of war, regaled through the ages. Blood, sweat,tears. Not buying some shitty building in New York, waiting and twiddling their thumbs, waiting to be shot. However, the attempt to ridicule my memory is much appreciated.

I have given several examples of people who seem to be exempt from your ruling. They are very much remembered, and I can name plenty more. However, all of these actually had the tenacity to build a gun and fight for what they want. None of them sat on their arse, claimed they were doing it because of some moral high road, and died without so much as a whimper.

Also, most martyrs that are successful and are doing what they are doing for a benevolent cause, are indeed remembered throughout the ages, they change history for the better. I would have thought someone of your clear intelligence could have read between the lines and realised that, rather than trying to take another opportunity to belittle me. Well done "bud".

I still won't remember Rudy past today.

Report Post Tip

After attending to various errants within NY, Azazel hears the commotion and  decides to partake in the discussions being held

Allow me to share my view on this. A Marty does not have to be remembered, their actions simply need to make a change after the event of their death. Also, simply because a person chooses to die for what they believe in does not make it stupid. Rudy has decided to make a stand for his beloved NY and that is his choice. He has confirmed that he has no gun and will not be shooting anyone yet people still call his action stupid? My father told me of a man named Jesus who gave his life up and sacrificed himself, those same "stupid" comments were thrown around at that time too no doubt. Rudy is not a "Rogue", he is not a man out of control with his gun unholstered, he is simply deciding that he and his wife would rather die in NY than leave. That is their choice and is should be respected, not laughed at or insulted.

Allow me to pose a different question, if an outsider were to come to one of the Chicago districts and tell them to leave, would they simply get up and leave? Or would they stand their ground? I understand the situation is slightly different but the principle remains the same. Rudy chose NY and that deserves a different kind of respect. This is replicated in all aspects in life, visible by people refusing to leave monuments being torn down or country green areas being destroyed for construction projects.

The ultimate end goal is the same, protect what you love and here we have 2 people who love New York.

Report Post Tip

Realises that OwenHart has used the name Rudy so many times he might find it hard to forget it.

Report Post Tip

So wait....Miss_Niki caused the death of her entire city outside her district (or more, really) and they're aren't even letting her keep the city? Instead they're sending her to Detroit? Like....if you're going to be a traitor, you might as well get something out of it. Doesn't seem like this gets her anything other than the complete abandonment and destruction of New York. 

Great job there Miss_Niki. You could've been Godfather of Manhattan under Rayln, now you're just going to be another useless CL. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The choice of the NY people - well, some of them.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL