Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 17:41:53
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Consider Yourself Warned Started by: Batz on Aug 16, '17 01:18
...if you are new or inexperienced, do not join Bunny's crew. That evil rabbit took my life without hesitation. She never reached out to me, helped me learn the game or made any effort at all. I know what you're thinking. Why didn't I? Well I did but the responses were short. The longest response was the one I received today... you were killed because you filled your shot report out wrong and I have to protect the family because there are rogues out there. Bottom line if you're not experienced and don't have friends in the right places YOU WILL BE PURGED!
Report Post Tip

Or you can ask questions? There are many people here who would've been willing to help you if you didn't understand something but you never spoke up.

Report Post Tip

Sorry to hear it went that way for you Batz.  If you re-rolled a new character (seems you've suicided?) and you still want/need some help - just say the word.  I know a lot of folks who would be happy to point you in the right direction.  

Report Post Tip

"Bottom line - YOU WILL BE PURGED!"

Fixed that for you.

Seriously though, you're better off not even being in a crew.

Report Post Tip
I heard that about Bunny and jenbola
Report Post Tip
I think this is a major problem in all honesty. Most relevant players on here are so complacent they don't think to help out newer folks. Maybe that's why so think this place has changed for the worst. All the best players have removed themselves from the game without teaching those who will eventually take their thrown properly. I know at times teaching is annoying, but it's necessary. It's part of the job description when you decide to have your own family, in an effort to help this place grow.
Report Post Tip

Did Larry teach you to treat woman like objects?

Report Post Tip
Insidious1 are you talking to me you shit stain?
Report Post Tip

Here, educate yourself.

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/983735/tpass/73f37328497c58e1e9dc877c9bcdeaa8#15753931

Don't ever want to hear someone complaining about lack of "help" available when there's a bright blue HELPDESK sitting there all pretty, waiting to be mailed.

Report Post Tip

A crew member shouldn't have to mail helpdesk to ask how to fill out a shot report properly HenriDucard. That's the job of their fucking upper structure. Helpdesk is for game related questions/concerns/issues. 

If the guy was lying on his shot report, then that's a problem and he deserved to be shot. But you talk to them first. Sounds to me like this guy tried to talk to his CL and was given short responses by her mostly IA self.

But again, we all know this was nothing but another name on the list to be purged. 

Report Post Tip

Speculate as you wish, I was merely providing what in my opinion is a pretty decent guide for the public.

Report Post Tip

And telling people to mail helpdesk lol. For a shot report question, seriously? I'm sure helpdesk would just love to get flooded with those kind of questions. 

Report Post Tip

Since you don't seem to want to let this drop, I'll bite...

It seems that this person was more than likely lying on their Shot Report, rather than not knowing how to fill it out.

Sounds to me like this guy tried to talk to his CL and was given short responses by her mostly IA self.

In what world do we live in that 40-50 hours a week, on top of her HelpDesk duties, constitues as 'mostly IA'?

HelpDesk is available for all and any questions, though they will not answer much when it comes to your gun, this is correct.

Don't assume what we would and wouldn't love, as you are not one of us.

Regardless, there are more people in a crew than just your CrewLeader - specifically in Bunny's case, she has an entire HQ full of people who could and likely easily would have assisted this person, had he gone that route.

(Assuming that what he said about her not helping him directly being true, which I'm still skeptical on).

There's an entire forum dedicated to Help. There's Guides out the wazoo around. There's an entire fucking account named HELPDESK just waiting to be mailed. There's IRC. There's G1. There's a Wiki.

In regards to almost every other aspect other than a Shot Report, claiming "my cl didn't help me enough" is quite frankly pathetic and laughable. Help is available to anyone who truly seeks it.

Report Post Tip

constitutes *

Report Post Tip

In what world do we live in that 40-50 hours a week, on top of her HelpDesk duties, constitues as 'mostly IA'?

That only recently went up dude. She was a lot lower then that for the past couple of months. 

Don't assume what we would and wouldn't love, as you are not one of us.

hahaha getting all tough now that you finally got your life long dream of making helpdesk, ten years later. "one of us" hahahaha

I flat out said if the guy was lying, which he probably was, then he deserved to be killed. I could care less that he was killed. But at the same time, treating everyone like they're not really new and they should just figure it out on their own is a quick way to lose new members. Not everyone is familiar with google docs, the way the forms work or the confusing way the LV shot reports are laid out. Tell me where on the wiki or in your guide it explains how to fill out that specific shot report?

You offered a guide and that's great. But don't be a sarcastic douche to the guy because he was a bit salty, vented and left. Without proper teaching and support from a sponsor, CL or upper, this game is easily just click click click and leave. Some people are more proactive about being social and finding answers then others. 

A CLs job is to talk to all of their members or find uppers that will. Make people feel included, welcomed and like part of the family. Have a quiet family member? Mail them. Get to know them. Maybe their English isn't so great and they don't feel comfortable speaking up. Maybe they prefer one to one chats vs. crew chat. Maybe they like to just "click click click" and leave. But if you don't take the time to get to know them and then you decide to kill them without a word, that makes you a shitty CL. 

Maybe Bunny did do these things, I wouldn't know. He claims she didn't, he could be lying out his ass. The point is more a general one then related to this specific incident.

Report Post Tip

First of all, I think I've managed to keep this quite civil. I don't appreciate the "sarcastic douche" comment, whatsoever. I've not resorted to name-calling, and I don't see any need to. I am pointing out facts, giving information and insight, and defending a fellow member of the HelpDesk team.

If you think this is me "getting tough", you have extremely low standards, which according to you is par for the course around here - so I suspect you'll do quite well.

Tell me where on the wiki or in your guide it explains how to fill out that specific shot report?

I am fairly certain I stated that except for the case of Shot Reports, there's information on almost any aspect of our world, only a few clicks away.

I will give you some credit, though. You are correct in the aspect that it is up to the CL to either teach, or find people who will teach. This is something I'll begrudgingly admit most people aren't the best at - delegation. To come out here and try to sling dirt, loosely based upon the ramblings of someone who was likely merely just a liar, at those who you've likely never worked alongside directly, is asinine.

Report Post Tip

To put this to rest: In EACH and EVERY SR message that goes out, Bunny always includes a part that says "If you're unsure on how to properly fill out your Shot Report, mail me, CharlesVane, or Lynn" as those were our hands at the time. 

Not to mention I can name at least 4 other people who'd help had this guy asked in the crew chat... And If I'm not mistaken, this fella was a 100 day old 20 unit WG...? That means he'd have filled out at least 14 shot reports prior to... Something changed. Did you just randomly forget how to file an SR? 

You had plenty of opportunity to ask for help if you were unsure... You didn't. You died. Move on. 

Thank you. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Just a few things here:

Did Larry teach you to treat woman like objects?

Got any evidence to support that I even do this, let alone would teach someone that? No, you don't. Quite a preposterous allegation to make in OOC too. 

A CLs job is to talk to all of their members or find uppers that will. Make people feel included, welcomed and like part of the family. Have a quiet family member? Mail them. Get to know them. 

Actually every player has the same job here; play the game and no player is duty bound to do anything else. As characters, you would like to see CLs do certain things and I would agree, failure to do them in-character, would make their tenure as a CL pretty poor. But in OOC, get a grip, this is a game.

Report Post Tip

Got any evidence to support that I even do this, let alone would teach someone that? No, you don't. Quite a preposterous allegation to make in OOC too. 

Not that it means dick when evidence is provided I find it preposterous being asked to provide some when I asked a question and did not make an accusation. Mr Shitbriches over here stated that it is part of the job description of being a crew leader to help develop members, knowing that he treats women like shit, my question was if he had developed that skill from knowledge and wisdom imparted from you.

I can't believe I've actually had break that down for you of all people, I was genuinely of the belief that you were the intelligent one in the Power Rangers.

Report Post Tip

So as expected, the answer to my question is no.

I just wanted to confirm that fact, lest someone misconstrue your question as implying something untoward about me. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Consider Yourself Warned
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL