Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 16:49:08
Help
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
GAME CHANGE: Accelerated Range Started by: Kendra on Jul 20, '10 12:01

Izzy that idea about changing it to accept game cash and just d the trade behind the sceens is cool. Im lazy and don't what to have to click to the cd marketplace then back to the other screen.

Report Post Tip

Changing it to $198,000, or whatever the current marketplace average is, doesn't address what I see as an issue.

It's unreasonable to expect the owners to pay for this game out of their own pocket, to my knowledge no one begrudges the introduction of credits into the game, and in fact I think the vast majority of the userbase here would like the owners to see a monetary return on their time investment. However, I think this can be done without skewing the playing field, and I really can't see an argument where this change doesn't skew the playing field.

Looking at the benefits credits bring:

- Crackdowns. Free for all. I can easily compete with thoese who purchase crackdowns because I can participate, everybody's happy.
- The Toolbar. handy, but not essential. I'm pretty sure I'd manage to petty every 3 minutes without the aid of it, as could everyone.
- Bold online locals/forum search bar. Aesthetic, frankly. I can't do anything with them that I wouldn't manage with out.
- MIAS (3 per 2 day limit). Not as much as a free for all as they once were as they turn so quickly now, but still fair. 3 per 2 day roughly equates to costing 300k per day in game cash, which is fairly achiveable.

This, however, just isn't the same in my opinion. Having 100 credits before didn't give me a significant advantage. Nothing I could purchase with them would put me out of reach of my peers. Now, however, I can sign up on pure D and be fully trained within 10 days. If another low ranker, who didn't have the benefit of credits, wanted to match me, he would have to earn (using 200k as an easy to calculate price) 2 million per day, for 10 days. Even if that's an overly high figure, I'm not sure that's even possible.

Even if it is, it's still not fair.

The other arugment I'd like to make , as briefly raised before me, is that this completely negates the point of wack answers. I accept that defense has always been the best 'long term' answer set, as far back as this game has existed, and wack was always for the people that wanted the quick fix; but how is this the case now? The average lifespan on this game has increased dramatically, 10 days is extremely short term now; so if I can sign up on D and have the defense boost, plus the wack advantage, after length of time; why on earth would I sign up on wack? It's just a completely unattractive choice.

I'm with Makedonia, I don't mean to sound like I'm being inconsiderate or selfish, but this change compromises the game too much. I'm up for a brainstorm to discuss alternative methods of income, I could suggest a few right off the bat that I believe people would spend credits on:

- Make the public achievemenst option purchasable by credits
- Limit the profile quote size, make it unlimited by credits
- Display donator status in profile for people who've actually bought credits
- Make the WYSIWYG editor purchasable by credits

They're things people will moan at because they're used to being able to use them, but frankly wrapping all of this up in the perks included with the toolbar and charging 10/15 credits a month seems a better idea in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

"why on earth would I sign up on wack? It's just a completely unattractive choice."

Wack puts you at a larger gun than a maxed gun.

Wack gets you up and able to do effective damage on the 24 hour mark.

To get pure wack to the same D as pure defense, it requires a grand total of 2 clicks.

To get pure D to the same wack as pure wack, requires 5XXish clicks.

(Using your 200k per credit pricing)

To get pure wack to the same D as pure defense, it is millions cheaper.

To get pure D to the same Wack as pure wack, it is millions more expensive.

All said and done, with pure wack you are up and going at the 24 hour mar, with the same defense as a pure D account, at a savings of millions - to which you can now put towards an extra handful of BGs, thus making your account even better.

If you went the pure D route, you dump your money into building up the wack, then save again for for the extra handful of BGs that the pure wack person above you bought, which now would have to be purchased at a higher rank price, or take a demotion to get them at the 750k price.

So yes, each and every answer set has advantages to them, pure jail answers may not suit you, but may suit some.  Pure wack answers may not suit you, but it suits me personally.  (My last seriuos character was on pure wack, and my next serious character will be on pure wack).

Report Post Tip

Also, your "(using 200k as an easy to calculate price) 2 million per day, for 10 days.", is going on the assumption that you need 100 MIAs to max your gun, this is incorrect, pure D (For those of you who have actually counted) is only 50 from maxed, so you need to cut your numbers in half.

Report Post Tip

my bad on the maths there to be fair. The main issue, for me, between maxing wack on D, and maxing D on wack is that on D, whatever you use to max your wack is irreversible whether it's MIA's or training rages. For training D on wack, it's entirely plausible, if not likely, that you will lose your defensive boost either through wackbacking, or through someone shooting that bg. Is there any scope for a 'defense range' mentioend above with a proportionate cost versus shooting range and cost of bodyguard?

Either way, that's a discussion for elsewhere - any feedback on a gamewide brainstorm to get alternative methods of income?

Report Post Tip

Here is a wild idea that could possibly work towards training D (while this is for another thread I figured I'd float the idea here)

As there is ranges, there could be self defence classes, obviously self defence is more for defence against physical attack, but then that could just be over looked as it would also train your movement spend and your resilience.

as I say just a seed of an idea and I dunno how much it work it'd take, but I'd imagine it would be the same idea as the training ranges.

Report Post Tip

I wasn't planning on replying here, as many have already echoed my own sentiments. I just wanted to point you towards this, which was mentioned quite some time ago...

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/93364

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Accelerated Range
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL