Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 02:36:26
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The future for MR, financial security, and some stuff. Started by: Squishy on Sep 08, '17 01:44

I must say, that I get what Menace is saying.

I dont know the details, but if some (paying) CLs were only authed by late Disorder, and not have been involved in the shit that went on, they may be feeling bad about how they got killed..

Report Post Tip

Aye, its a shame that Orange/Disorder played the cards they did which resulted in their CLs being removed.  I was not a fan of the whole forcing people to choose between their playing account or their staff account at gunpoint, nor did I enjoy the logs of declaring war on the rest of the userbase and plans to kill them off for retaliation for game features, nor watching those in the know LOL'ing it up during the conversations of it.  I know I did not enjoy the long road here, nor the aftermath.  I tried my best to preserve as much life as possible, while removing the toxicity and to send the message that crossing those lines will not be tolerated.  There are a few CLs there I feel bad for, they were under the thumb and seemed unable to do anything but be complicit.

Report Post Tip
So wait ... you are agreeing you were in the wrong for killing off all those CL's, yet killed a man for asking why people should pay if that could happen.. are you kidding me. They did what they had to just to survive and for their members to not be at risk of being shot with them if they didn't follow orders. Next time maybe give people a reason why instead of killing someone for questioning..
Report Post Tip
Let me clarify, not all the CL's but the ones that got killed just for association.
Report Post Tip

The double standards around logs are quite confusing to be honest. Sure nobody really liked the regime but there has been 0 ounce of proof to the claims you make Izzy. All you've said is "We have logs of this and then wiped everyone". Logs have and always will be falsified, we have seen cities wiped out for false logs and now we're seeing users being DD'd because of them.

There really needs to be some kind of policy in place that protects the users from this sort of shit. Not long ago I brought some logs to admin around threats and abuse to me. The response I got was "It could have been anyone", despite it being months worth of logs, I got the same response and therein lies the problem with logs, it could literally be anyone. But, when it suits yourselves it's 100% accurate and a justification to wipe a group of leaders. How can one set of logs be 100% proof and justification of a DD compared to another? It makes no sense Izzy.

Regimes are generally bad for business. We saw that with CP, 303 and the recent one which funnily enough nobody seems to have a name for, other than "The Regime" or Disorder xD

Each time a regime steps up and takes control, we see drastic knee jerk decisions from yourself Izzy. You can deny that claim if you like but the entire user base knows it to be true. You have gained a reputation for it. It is part of the reason why a large part of this user base refuses to buy credits and also why we have seen some really talented players leave this place over the years, both of which contribute to the decline of the site.

As I say there needs to be a clear policy in place that protects users from false logs, accusations and knee jerk reactions from you. We all get annoyed but when people have paid into something and they're wiped for doing nothing wrong, or very little, then they're going to feel robbed.

What's done is done but in the hopes of moving forward, I think it is imperative that users are protected from this sort of shit or we're just going to lose more players and we'll be back to this point after the next regime's been DD'd, because obviously a new regime will come and who knows, maybe the next will be worse for the site? 

There's no doubt a lot of people appreciate the work you put in but you're an admin/owner/developer, we shouldn't be seeing the whole sulky school child routine, the one who stamps their feet when things don't go the way you want. Honestly man, if you can swallow that pride, try and reflect on some of the shit you've done over the years. It lacks any kind of professionalism. Fortunately for the site, it is massively outweighed by the time and effort you put into this place, which is why a lot of the users who venture onto irc will always stick around, because they get to speak to the owner of the game and can appreciate you're a human like the rest of us, one who gets pissed off and upset. But as a business, that's not what people want to buy into.

Menace shouldn't have been DD'd. That is pretty clear to most, he put forward a point and was DD'd because it annoyed you and he was ignorant to what you believe to be true. What kind of reaction is that, man?

By that standard, am I now due a DD also? It would seem easier to DD and make a flippant comment after, than actually have a conversation/debate with a user on something which seems to be quite a serious issue and undoubtedly, a thought that a fair part of the site are sharing right now.

Report Post Tip
Tony, the logs are real, however I am not going to make it easy for them to find out the names of people who leaked them. Does that make sense?

Have they even denied it?
Report Post Tip

Menace shouldn't have been DD'd. That is pretty clear to most, he put forward a point and was DD'd because it annoyed you and he was ignorant to what you believe to be true. What kind of reaction is that, man?

Please take a moment and consider MR to be a small mom and pops store brick and mortar retail store.  What do customers have to do before you feel justified in removing them?

Can they threaten your employees at gunpoint and say they have to quit their job or be killed afterhours?

Can they threaten to kill every other customer who walks in the door because I put in a No-Smoking policy inside the store?

And when you remove the hooligans, a drunk friend of theirs comes in and starts mouthing off at you saying its unfair they were removed for (insert incredibly watered own ignorant statement that I'm sure in his drunk mind fits).

This quote has been removed

I get it, alcohol + depression + lack of perspective + anger issues = confused young man cant help but lash out at anyone he perceives as causing his unhappiness.  I am all out of time to spend on sour grapes though.  I would much rather just remove people who are looking for a fight than waste time enduring them. Imagine how much more productive a letter would have been?  Properly thought out, while sober, in the proper setting.  No, he chose a public forum looking for a reaction, and he got one.

Report Post Tip
TonyT, do me a favor, let's start off with February of 06,and list every month, and every regime followed by the knee jerk reaction all the way up to September of 2017. Just in case that the entire user base is on the same page while you are speaking on their behalf.

Also, mind telling the site your particulars on your harassment claim? Then share the aftermath? Please spare no details.

Also, you claim my logs are fake, thats fair. Can the cls who were dd'd please come out and dispute them? Thanks.
Report Post Tip

I appreciate and respect Squishy more now for even bothering to type up a reply to you.  Its a damn sight more than I'd have done for you if I was in his position considering whats happened recently.

This thread was meant to be about something that's worth celebrating and look what you've brought it down to.

Uh I mean....

"Quack?"

Waddles away

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I have to admit that OneEyedJack has hit the nail on the head for me. What a guy Squishy truly is! There will be plenty of sour grapes as Squishy puts it in our world. Even more so after the recent events.

I have consistently returned to this place over the years and sank more time then I would like to admit but that's all down to the fact that I have friends here and I enjoy the game. Squishy/Izzy being one of them. The guy is a great man, and if I had the opportunity to get to a meet and meet the man in person. I for one would buy him a big fucking pizza and a beer as a thank you for all the great stuff that has come out of this place for me!

I've known Squishy for quite sometime and I know he doesn't enjoy DD'ing people. He never has.. it takes a lot for him to really do it and like he has said, there are lines that shouldn't be crossed and this time they were so out with the old and in with the new! Keep it up Squishy dude, you're a legend and I stand by your actions that you have had to do the last few days. Tons of respect coming from an old friend man. Absolute TONS.

And to the sour grapes out there remember what Squishy says.. if you're unhappy about anything or about this place.. leave. I know for one I won't miss you.

Report Post Tip

Unfortunately, I feel as this is all too little too late. Majority of the men left standing are the ones who would survive and thrive in a world lead by the old regime. While the rest probably simply do not want to return. The culture left over by Disorder and co. will have a lasting impact on the game, as long as those who were fiercely loyal to him remain alive and active. 

Here's hoping a few brace souls do what they can to remove these guys, I'll be lurking ^_^

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Meh, I've always enjoyed the super tyrannical regime aspect the most
Report Post Tip

One thing I want to say to Tony, and others who claim some of these people who took control of the site are "Talented"; and that it's a shame to see those users go. That's like saying just because Hitler was talented, he shouldn't have been untreated unfairly and it's such a shame to see him go. People can have talent and not run the game/community into the dirt. They are smart enough to know what the effect of their behavior will have. It's not rocket science either... man.

Report Post Tip

Walter-White.. what a terrible comparison.

Rocket science isnt that hard, you dont even have to consider gravity in space

Report Post Tip

On a more lighter note. Izzy just pulled a Lil Wayne TonyT

"I buy a pound, break it down and put it in a stogie"

Stop defending something that was built to alienate/exclude the user base from the bottom up. Were ALL better off, then we were a few days ago. Well unless you had vested interests in the men and woman that got DD'd? 

Report Post Tip
What was built to exclude/alienate people?

The way the world worked a week ago and works now is very simple.

You are stronger and wiser than those below you. No crewleader in their right mind should allow a threat to live. They have a responsibility to protect their life to the highest degree.

Perhaps the game was built not to have the kind of run the people DD'd had. Perhaps they exploited the rules and features. But, beyond these logs of personal attacks, they played this game better than anyone before them.

As I said at the time and I say now. Anita did the same thing. Tita then dominated even after a reset. It took most of those people, who are apparently not talented, to overthrow her. Admittedly after she got a little bored.

That, I think, is the main difference. They didn't give up then and knew it could be done. So they made sure they couldn't have it done to them. Evidently, in Izzys eyes, they went to far. So be it.

But to be compared to Hitler. Fucking give me a break. Absolute joke of a comment.
Report Post Tip

They weren't just killing threats, though. They were purging groups of people who's only crime was 'lived too long.' Then they had the nerve to try to  extort players with admin accounts into killing their account when things turned against them? Fuck that.

Report Post Tip
The admin account thing was went too far. As I said.

If people live long enough they become a threat. As I said. They exploited the rules and features to ensure their safety.

Being compared to Hitler. Still ridiculous.
Report Post Tip

I dispute Ze Logs!! Just kidding. I wanted everyone dead. Everyone!!

Report Post Tip
Let's just paint a great landscape. 👍
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: The future for MR, financial security, and some stuff.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL