Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 04:48:37
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Sponsored: Need the Name Started by: Fisk_Capizzi on Jan 02, '08 18:24
I was thinking while writing something mafia related about how the Don's name is not mentioned withing those not in the family. Maybe a Wise Guy would know the boss of a crew but no-one else really is made aware of it, or at least they don't advertise it, as to prevent other crews from knowing who is with who (Let them work it out from themselves, the line "One of soandso's boys" Could be used) and to stop outsiders squealing under questioning.

I'm talking about Gangsters, Goombas, Earners and WiseGuys not have the name of their sponsor in their profile, just the words "With a family" Or "Sponsored" to let people know they are not targets.

I cannot think of many down points to this other than alittle extra hard work for people should they want to find out who someone is, which is really how it's supposed to be.If you're crap at knowing who is with who then you're not much of a mob boss. It would be something to document and keep tabs on when you find it out.

If someone gets wacked you could contact crew leaders when trying to find out who did it and ask "Is this guy with you"
Report Post Tip
I suppose it would result in families needing to gather more intel on one another - which I'm sure would be a good thing, adds another dimension.

Who would know who was actually in the family - just the Boss, or would all members have a crew list and so on?
Report Post Tip
That would be up the to boss.

Anyone within the family, being Soldato's and Capo's etc would have the name of their boss in the profile, but anything under them would be unknown to the world unless they are willing tell.

Information as it should be, unknown
Report Post Tip
I meant more along the lines of a coded thing as far as a crew list, otherwise the people who so avidly share drug prices (BUT 4 FAMILY ONLY!) may be crushed if this ever were to be implemented.
Report Post Tip
Ah I see, well who you are woking with should be divulged between the crew, but maybe an option to show the crew list could be used in case not.
Report Post Tip
I kinda like this... and if its still kept that people IN your crew show up in the 60 second list as a slightly different color, it would alleviate what you're saying Octavius (I think, I may have completely misread you.)

Of course, when you click on the Crew Leader, the crew members listed below... how would you want that changed? Have it completely eliminated, or only to include the higher ranks and then "37 other known associates". Kinda has a 'Tribune'-esque ring to it. Me likey.

I'm assuming you'd still want the sponsor to show up in the obits, regardless of rank?
Report Post Tip
Indeed, as questions are always answered with death. Mind you, it could be debated, that way if the family should what to get rid of someone without a trace they could kill someone (who say has wacked someone they shouldnt have) and not have it brought back to them.
Report Post Tip
Why not then we could add another tip function. Where you could spend say 500k to find out what family such person is associated to.
Report Post Tip
Fisk my friend, I love this idea...there have been some good idea's in the past that I have liked and thought would be a good implementation.

But this my friend is a wonderful idea, I mean you aren't ACTUALLY a part of a family until you are made...so why not have the sponsor show associate instead of the Family.

The only down fall I can think of, isn't really a down fall as much as its a chance for the families to do more intel. If "associate A" shoots at "associate B" how do you as a CL know who to talk to about punishment...this adds a completely different aspect to the game and I like it.

No more of the "I can't shoot at so-and-so because he is in so-and-so's family, we have to wait for them to decide the punishment... with this i think, get shot at...shoot back, plan and simple...I love it!

Well done to you!
Report Post Tip
Kinda makes me want the family name in the profile rather then the CL's name... Meh.

Not too sure about this idea.

If it is implemented, Luongo, 500k is far too much for that little tip. Try 25-100k depending on rank or something and maybe...
Report Post Tip
I do agree that 500 is a bit much for that tip, but as far as the idea goes, the more I think about it, the more I really do think it could add a lot to the game.

The further away a person is from the boss in rank, the easier it would be for the crewleader to say "Dat schlub ain't wit me."

I think for Thug to Goomba the sponsor could be "Rumored Associate" or "Rumored Mafioso", and Earner & Wiseguy could be "Known Associate" or "Known Mafioso". Made Man and above would show: "Sponsor: Mario_Petrelli" or whatever the Crew Leader's name is.

It might also be good to change the name from Sponsor to 'Family' or something of the like.

This suggestion has so many implications, and its a fantastic idea.
Report Post Tip
I think that this is a great idea.

It would lead to more intelligence gathering, the possibility of double agents and so on.

This is definitely a good idea
Report Post Tip
isint that what .org did? I dont think it worked out to well there. I dont think the people liked it there. alot of these ideas are trying to turn this game into the last couple versions of .org and frankly thats not a good thing.
Report Post Tip
I think this is a really good idea,

The real mafia dont walk round With Cathy_Parks or Oliver_McTavish written on thier jackets.

And in a time of War, it would make things so much more interesting.
Report Post Tip
So what was the result of what you wanted shown in the user list of the CLs profile?
Report Post Tip
All those who are rank of Made Man will be listed, as by that time a person is realistically well known, and is an accepted member of the family.

"34 Other Associates" would work for the remaining memebrs, the outsiders.
Report Post Tip
This has my vote!

Jolly good idea!
Report Post Tip
Slight addition to this.

Would it be best if the outsiders do not know who they are working for?

Tis would take alot of thinking but I reckon that if a family head recruits a new guy who then blabs who he is working for and alot of other people there isn't much the boss can do about it. but maybe if up until a certain rank, say wiseguy so the boss chooses if they are ready to know then they find out.

this would take alot of thinking since you would have to hide the name in invites, and think of a way to modify the Crews tab as you will be able to see who you are working for by putting your home city to the crew leaders home city. (unless Capo's were given the ability to send them out, but that opens up a whole new idea regards Regimes or "subcrews")

Like I said, it could take some work.

I figure a role play element that could be used would be those people know and can see are working for a certain boss go under a family name, the rest would carry tags with the orgnisation name.
Report Post Tip
This is wonderful, and I see Squishy seems to like it...

We'll figure something out.
Report Post Tip
Nothing to add to this except to say I love the idea, brilliant.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Sponsored: Need the Name
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL