Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 16:38:18
Page:  1 
Lesson #2: All By Yourself (RP 101) Started by: LuckyLucy on Oct 04, '17 02:16

“Good evening everyone.  I appreciated the insights into each of you during our last class – please remember if this is your first time here, you need to complete the homework from our first class as well as this one to receive compensation.”

“Now, that said, I hope that all of you took something away from our first class about who you really are.  Those questions and your answers, simple as they were, helped to define your identity just a bit more in your own mind – which can be the difference between a life well lived and one that never achieves all that it was meant to.  As I mentioned in the last class, knowing who you are is the first step to being successful in this thing of ours.”

Lucy poured a glass of bourbon and sipped it before continuing.  “So, let’s talk about The Streets.  Every city has access to them and it’s where each of us can grow as a person.  You may not realize it, but as surly as pulling the trigger on your gun or busting a crew member out of the clink helps you to grow in experience… so does interacting on the streets.  And normally people tend to consider interacting on the streets as a bit more fun than either of the aforementioned means of personal growth.”

“Being that you can reach the streets, and the people there, from any city in this thing of ours; it’s the one place you can always find others to interact with - whether that’s for fun or profit.”  She smirked. 

“I’m a big fan of various business districts and we’ll talk about businesses in the next lesson… but sadly if you travel often, interacting only in the business districts can have its drawbacks.  Generally, people tend not to start long and meaningful things with others in the business districts that aren’t their own – this can mean the pool of folks you interact in the business districts is considerably smaller.  That alone might make you consider working in the Streets instead.  Again, we’ll talk about that in a later lesson.”

“It’s important not to over-look the fact that not everything you do on the streets needs to involve other people though.  Some of the most impressive things I’ve seen on the streets in my time in this thing of ours, were done by a single person acting alone and for their own enjoyment or gain.  Acts of honor, revenge, horror, sadness and general humanity … our streets can be a place for all of those things and it can happen without planning, on a whim, and all by yourself.  Just pull thoughts and ideas out of your head, and make them a reality!” 

Lucy was quite enthusiastic in making her point, so much so she stood up and began to walk around, making sure to look to Wrench so he could read her lips and occasionally signing her words when she knew them well enough to do so.

“But why … why would someone act alone?  Well, sometimes you need to do something you wouldn’t do with anyone else around.  Sometimes you need to muddle through a thought or a memory that you just wouldn’t share with others and being on the streets allows you a place to do that while working on your skills.”

“Also, doing a thing on your own offers a chance for you to stretch your skills or show off your knowledges & talents to those who might need to be made wise to the fact that you’re not a person to trifle with!  Or, in some rare cases, maybe it’s a way to show others that you’re not as cold – heartless – and detached of a criminal as they think you are.”

“It’s very easy to wait around for someone else to put together some sort of entertainment or job for you, then going along with their plan… merely doing your part and collecting your bounty for it.  However, that can get very boring.  In truth, maybe you don’t want to wait to get out there and start telling the story of your own life – and why should you wait on anyone else to do that?!?”  She chuckled. 

“No one should be stuck waiting for someone else to plan out the story of their own life in this thing of ours.  You each have the talent and ability – as proven with just the little bit you wrote down last lesson.”

“So, for today, I would like each of you to go out in the streets and we’re going to take your homework from last week and build upon what you wrote there… in doing so, we’re going to dig a little deeper into who you are and what it is that you want in this thing of ours.”

“I want you to think about the things you wrote down in our last class.  Choose one or more of your answers to focus upon.  Maybe it’s the habit you wrote down or maybe it’s how you got your nickname, or maybe even the thing you do better than anyone else.  I want you show off that answer in a small adventure all on your own.”

“I don’t care what you do… collect on debts owed to you (or your bosses), swipe a purse from a little old lady, work a con, knock over a convenience store, take a walk and reflect upon something that’s happened to you in your history, or heck – just go out and do a good deed for someone else… and if you get stumped for something you could do… come talk to me.  I’m sure I can help.” 

“What you do isn’t important, nor is it important how long you take doing it.  Some of you might spend a long while working on a job by yourself… while others will be a lot less involved.  The length of your adventure in the streets doesn’t make what you do any better or worse.  Trust me, some people can take hours working on something where speaking a single sentence would have far more impactful.  Don’t discount your work simply because you’re not as prolific as others you know.”

“Rest assured not only will your talent for these sorts of hijinks will grow, but you experience as a mafioso will grow and others will hear of your exploits and seek you out to work with them because of these deeds you do on your own.  In the end, that will help you in building your network of allies and business partners.  All of which you need if you hope to reach the top of this thing of ours.”

“So, let’s get into the streets and practice – as with last week, I have a cash reward for each of you who finish your homework within seven days.”  Lucy realized not everyone would get her meaning fully so she added, “If my instructions confuse you at all please, chat with me privately and I’ll help you fast as possible!”

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $500,000 Tip

A battered and bruised Wrench appeared back in class with stitches and a black eye. He took out his assignment paper and looked over it once more before handing it over to LuckyLucy. He headed back out only to stop at the door way and turn back to Lucy, who he knew could understand basic sign. He hand signed the following "That's based on a true story, I deserve good marks" and left the class to head over to the Bees Knees. 

Report Post Tip

Sal takes a couple sheets of paper and sits down.  Picking up his pencil he stares at the pages for a few minutes before he begins writing upon the pages in slow and purposeful manner.

Upon the top of the first page he writes:

"Some start with a bang."

After quite some time writing and some careful consideration, he turns the pages in to Lucy.  Without a word to her he walks out of the room.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Lesson #2: All By Yourself (RP 101)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL