Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 08:07:41
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Hate the street but seriously Started by: Tishie on Nov 02, '17 00:34

Honey you should not hate the streets. The streets is where it all begins.  Take a long hard look at what street smarts you posses.  Then break it down to present your concerns.

Report Post Tip
You didn't really need to tag me, it wasn't that serious. Less than 2 months ago, this world took some major hits. And instead of doing good, people are doing worse. That's not the normal same cycle. In two months we've gone from almost all the cities filled to only 2. There is a huge problem with past vendettas, being taken out on the wrong people even, hampering growth. New players are leaving because the only people they trust get killed every two weeks. But I'm glad you can be all blasé about it and heckle the people that actually care enough to speak up.

The cycle that isn't new is this shit right here that's Tish's other point. Conversations can't be had because everyone wants to jump on the man up or gtfo bandwagon.
Report Post Tip

There's no heckle. There's no man up or gtfo. Just a different perspective in an open and respectful conversation. Not everyone needs to agree, and I think those are the best back and forths for the opening of minds, on all sides.

I think people are doing good. I think people are still enjoying things here. But, we see things differently :) I see patterns that have always been here and always will be. I also see a lot of people who play this game as the user and not a character, and I see this as the culture that produces the problems you are pointing at. But I can't see that changing, as it has always been this way.

So I write and enjoy that platform. And I meet new people and enjoy that side of it. And this character will die soon. And I will leave for a bit and then return when I get the bug to RP again. And the nature of the game will be the same. Cities wiped. Same people in power. Same struggles. Some enjoying it, some frustrated. All a personal choice.

Report Post Tip

Louis, the streets can respect your unsaid strict limitations upon meeting "new people. "  You are getting off the topic at hand. Kudos for that feeble attempt to derail Tishie.

Report Post Tip

The only one attempting to detail shit is you trollio.

Report Post Tip

I rest my case in honor of Tishie.

Report Post Tip

Part of the game is the take down, followed by starting again, joining a new crew and making new friends.  Everyone accepts that. But we have gone through a period where it was excessive and unfair. 

• On 4th March 2017 there were 30 crews, including the 5 which had been taken out over-night by Disorder when he effectively took control (the Bonkers take down) and the crews contained roughly 600 members.

Unfortunately I haven't taken screenshots of the crews this week, but

• as at today, there are 13 live crews containing about 360 members.  That will understate the numbers actually playing because of the unsponsored players looking for crews.

Over the last few months alot of people have decided to take a break from the game. Every time a crew gets taken down, a few people don't come back. it is harder to get new players to join the game than to retain players.

I hope that there our leaders have a plan; and the plan isn't to just kill everyone. 

Report Post Tip

the getting wacked doesn't bother me or going to a new crew the point is 

I have been in so many crews in such a short time

Yes again it is all part of the game 

But I am sitting here watching as Celia says full cities full crews to what we are now

to me the game is not doing as well and again my opinion as it should be

rebuild mode and some people still get wacked something wrong here

I always enjoy meeting new people 

Report Post Tip

Holy shit a wild Enkindle.

Report Post Tip

The decline can be seen simply by looking in the streets. 

1) There's been no auth threads. Barely even any mails (some family's are better at forwarding them then others). People are just setting up with little communication outside of the uppers.

2) No GF announcements. Once there was a time when the right hand was responsible for writing an auth thread when their CL took the GF spot. It was celebrated in the streets. Now there's nothing but silence. 

3) No protection order when the site is already in rebuild after the takedown in DT last night. I heard there were supposedly some mails sent but why not post the protection order? You gain nothing for shooting R accounts. 

4) No communication at all from uppers. No discussions. Godfather Dio had been making an active effort to appear in the streets more and to start discussions, only to be brought down before he could make any real dent in the silence we've lived with for months. 

I honestly miss the days under RobOakheart and Kurgan where there were CL meetings and the events of the meetings were discussed in the streets. Where you knew who the leaders were and what they stood for; for all his faults, this site thrived under Kurgan. All of the cities were full, people were allowed to build, bloodlining was actively discouraged. Granted, that set the stage for people like Curtis and co to come in and take over but come on man, there's gotta be a middle ground somewhere. The site was under so much pressure for so many months, people hoped that things might finally change. We've all but proven here that they haven't. Let's not forget that the guy calling the shots right now is also the guy that wrote this, a paragraph Izzy himself quoted many times when explaining the need for change under Curtis:

In letting them invest then killing them you accomplish two things.  One, you severely diminish their war chest.  The credits, time, and spirit invested are all lost in a single move.  If you kill people too early they just have the resources to build again.  By killing them late you waste their investment and their resources for their next attempt to rogue.  Two, you wound their soul.  Each time this happens to someone it weighs on them heavily.  You do this in the hopes that they will eventually just give up their fight and fuck off as we have seen with many others.  Number 1 minimizes their risk for next time.  Number 2 nullifies them completely and sterilizes our world of their presence.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why things will never be different under the current regime. For all his "I don't want power" and his feeble attempts at "peace" with certain old feuds (to keep them from joining his new enemies of course), that person is still doing exactly what he wrote all those months ago. Sterilizing our world of the presence of people he doesn't like. 

Nothing is different.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I thought all of this was, just the way it was, not part of anyone or thing

I remember some GF's making different rules, but once they were wacked those were gone

I guess I have misunderstood so much of this game.

Always use to be an explanation of events, always 

I guess things just change

Report Post Tip

Oh look, there's finally some auth threads!

About time.

Report Post Tip

Interesting....

Report Post Tip

I will play this game as long as i live

Report Post Tip

Ah, trust me Dumdedum, don't believe what they say. They may talk about peace and not wanting more bloodshed, but they couldn't care less about that at all. My father would know the very lies of Cletus.

Report Post Tip

They can be done in the right way, but, frankly, auth announcements on the street are usually completely out of character. You think gangsters stood up on the street corner and announced the new head of a family?  No, the decision was made at the top, and it trickled down, sometimes the hard way. Not that I take strict issue with auth threads, but I feel like there's kinda plenty of the "right kind" of in-character content on the streets lately.

Report Post Tip
Says the person playing as a talking dog.....
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

haha, there are much more abstract beings out there. At least my profile pic and behaviors connect the two!

Report Post Tip
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I just find it amusing that Auth threads are too out of game for your taste but not playing as a talking dog lol.
Report Post Tip

Tishie stated her concerns not about dying. What is not be addressed is Tishies legit concerns I will assert. Tishie, I am going to take  this to another level. If I am wrong please correct me.

This game is no different then the few that exist on the mafia theme. Unless you are in the clique you are doomed. However, I can assure you that being in a clique mode can be insulting to ones abilities or prosper.  It's your choice  what pt to take. Judging by all news and comments there is a clique issue at hand.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Hate the street but seriously
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL