Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:47:40
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Detroit Riverwalk Started by: Michael_Spillane on Dec 01, '17 01:13

Chris smiled and asked Sabrina if she wanted Pizza he heard of a new place that just opened called Calabrese Pizzeri 

Report Post Tip

The woman looks at Chris-Lucchese and then nods ''We could. The calabreses are hard-working folks so it should be good'' she adds.

Report Post Tip

Chris smiled at Sabrina and said lets go  

Report Post Tip

Chiron drove to Ludington in his Ford till he reached the riverside. The vehicle didn't give him any trouble, it looked like Mickey had done a wonderful job, he must remember to thank him later. He parked near the river and saw a beautiful garden and riverwalk stretching along the Michigan river. The place he was about to visit was a few miles away and he began walking along the cobbled path. If only his vehicle would take him all the way.

The sun was beating down hard as it was almost midday. The terrain started to change, the land became marshy and his foot go stuck in the mud a few times. The delta was not too far away and his ears picked up a faint sound. As he kept walking the sound grew louder. This must be what he read in the library, the noise from two rivers merging which the locals thought to be the noise made by spirits.

The delta was visible up ahead, sand and other sediments formed an area of land in the middle of the river. Chiron stepped into a shallow part of the river and found a place to cross to the river delta. The land was rich in minerals and hence it gave rise to thick vegetation. Banyan trees with long roots and hanging branches could be seen all around him. He walked along the grove of trees and came upon a clearing which was serene and peaceful. 

Hours passed and he still couldn't find any trace of the person he was looking for. There was signs of someone living in a makeshift hut near the clearing but there was no way to tell if it was the hermit or someone else. Night was soon approaching and Chiron turned around, he knew that the place was deserted. Squish! His foot was stuck, both of them and he began to sink. In the darkness he had missed it, quicksand. The more he struggled the faster he began to sink into the mire. After making sure that no one was around he summoned his true strength and in one leap he was out of the quicksand. He did not wish to stick around any longer, he quickly headed back to his vehicle. That was two down, five more to go.

Report Post Tip

Orion heads down the riverwalk for a stroll, a steady cool breeze on his face. He hasn't been in town too long and the he's been busy trying to earn his place. It's nice to take a moment to enjoy the air and the sound of the water. Pigeons flock the walkway, scavenging the popcorn and other bits of food dropped by pedestrians.

He begins to sing quietly too himself "All the world seems in tune on a spring afternoon when we're poisoning pigeons in the park. Every Sunday you'll see my sweetheart and me as we poison the pigeons in the park. When they see us coming, the birdies all try and hide, but they still go for peanuts when coated with cy-a-nide. The sun's shining bright, everything seems all right when we're poisoning pigeons in the park!"

Report Post Tip

It was quite some while ago he last walking down the Detroit Riverwalk, in was always a good spot to be at when having issues in mind, just walking and just hearing the silence sound of water floating by, he loved being here when having much in mind like now, he had to take a big descision over a thing that bother him much during some time now.

Report Post Tip

Four had just got done traveling around the country and had a moment to get back to his beloved city. He wasn't completely done with his travels but he would take a few days to relax and get a good home-cooked meal. While most people would want to rush home Four wanted to go for a relaxing walk. He had been visiting parks all across the country when he had a chance so he figured he would find a place to appreciate his home city.

He had heard about the Riverwalk but had never actually been over to this site. It was more beautiful then he imagined but maybe that was just because he wanted to appreciate it. He was looking at it with eyes of wonder not passively engaged in the sights. Even if this was true you couldn't deny this little piece of beauty in this otherwise busy city. It was almost a different lightness to the air which translated to the spirit. Maybe he was just tired.

He took a stroll and didn't even bring out a cigarette. As he walked around he noticed a few other associates of his but you could tell everyone was in their own world. Their own... peace, if you could call it that.

Four stopped for a minute and watched the water flow. The fact that he knew there were tons of bodies in there didn't even cross his mind. It's crazy what a look from a different perspective could do. If he was standing on the bridge that might be the only thought he had. 

Report Post Tip

Even in these temperatures, the Detroit Riverwalk was pretty busy. Whoever had originally landscaped the place had had the foresight to plant the kinds of trees, flowers, and bushes that stayed green and even blossomed year-round, at least until they were buried in the snow that always came. 

I knew a little about the original owners, Michael and Abbey Spillane. They were my parents. Everything I pass, everything I touch, I wonder if they stood where I'm standing now, or if their hands rested where mine rest. My dad had adored my mom, would have done anything for her. My mom, well. She was scared a lot of the time. And now? Now they were just so much worm food.

I don't spend too long out here along the garden paths. It's pretty and all, but it's too damn cold for this California native. Instead, I make my way along the main walk to the penny arcade, and I'm kind of surprised by the number of games they've got in there. School's out, so lots of little ones are inside, spending their allowance or lunch money or what have you. I see a little girl staring at one of the machines, a fat tear sliding down her cheek 'cause the game just stole her money. 

"Here." I say, giving her a couple pennies. "Hey, you want to play this one over here with me? It'll tell us which one is stronger, me or you!" The kid's eyes dry up like magic, and now she's giving me this smartass little grin. I'm not sure why, at least, not until after she tells me to go first. I drop in a penny, squeeze the handle, and God Almighty, that dread machine delivers a shock that buckles my knees. The little girl is laughing, though, so I laugh, too, patting her on her little pig-tailed head just a tad harder than I ought to before handing over the rest of my pennies and bidding her farewell. Had my folks put that game in there? I hope not. Sadists.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The scent of sweet flowers drew Charmander to the Detroit Riverwalk one cloudy afternoon. Not many people were around the place and he managed to avoid them as he ran through the thick bushes lining the garden. The scent grew stronger and he could see beautiful white lilies up ahead. After looking around to make sure that there were no humans nearby he went towards the lilies and sniffed it. "Chaaar," the smell made him hungry and he took a bite out of the flower.

"Mommy let's look at those flowers," the voice of a little girl frightened Charmander and he dashed towards a row of orange marigolds. The orange flowers provided him cover and he blend in amongst them as the mother and child passed by. All this running around was making him hungry and he carefully walked over to the riverside. Making sure not to get his flame tipped tail wet, he leaned over and lapped up the cool water of the Detroit river. Wild flowers grew along the bank of the river and he followed the trail of the flowers, walking upstream.

The crack of thunder made him freeze in his spot. A small drop of water hit his face and as he looked up into the dark sky as more heavier drops started falling from the heavens. "Charmander Charr !," he shrieked and began running along the river bank trying to find cover. Glancing back at his tail he could see raindrops barely missing the flame. A cave or a burrow would provide shelter but he was out of luck. He ran as fast as his two little feet could carry him as the rain was getting stronger. Up ahead was an oak tree which was old and almost devoid of leaves. 

Charmander took cover underneath the tree and hoped for the rain to pass. A streak of lightning lit up the sky and struck a pole nearby and he huddled against the tree bark in fear. The winds started to pick up and the rain lashed against him. Every passing second his flame was weakening. The freezing chilly rain made his limbs cold and he slowly slumped on the ground. Before he passed out, he saw the flame flicker one last time and then it went out.

Charmander died.

Report Post Tip

LillisMolly walked donw this wonderful path along the river that were located her next to this amazing riverwalk. He walked there and thought much about what his dear frined shad told him just an hour ago. He werent happy over hearing this at all since he also knew those that did that very well, what ha terrible world this had ended in, friends wounded badly other friends, he weasnt really sure he could live with this, he hated such persons that did such shit to friends.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Detroit Riverwalk
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL