Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 20:15:00
Page:  1 
The Ligambi Crime Family Started by: Joseph_Ligambi on Dec 18, '17 05:55

Uncle Joe Ligambi was making his way to his office at Salumeria Biellese after his big meeting with his long time friend and Boss, Don Capazzo. During the meeting Uncle had been given permission to set up shop along side Don Capazzo with his own family. The Local criminal element had been growing on the South Side of Chicago for some time and Don Capazzo needed someone he could trust to tame these unguided wiseguys.

Uncle Joe reflected on his life along his walk to his store. Joe had a strong presence in this thing of ours.

From Joe’s start on the streets long ago to present day he had always looked to provide legitimate and traditional services to his fellow goodfellas in the neighborhood. Whether it be loan sharking, running numbers or bookmaking, Uncle Joe knew to cover it. Joe saw the potential in everything to make a dime and he liked to have his hands in many cookie jars. Uncle Joe owned a construction company that handled almost exclusively all of the work in the city due to his underworld ties.

Uncle Joe continued down the street thinking to himself...

Thinking about the great man he had to thank for this opportunity. Joe owed a lot to Don Capazzo for allowing him and his crew to operate in the South Side beside him and Uncle Joe knew how to show his loyalty to his friend.

As Uncle Joe approached his shop and Head Quarters Salumeria Biellese, he was relieved to see his friends there waiting to greet him instead of a hit team, because in this thing of ours, you never knew what to expect…

Uncle Joe made his way into his office with his friends and associates and sat down to speak with them.

Family is everything to me guys. You can tell that much from how I operate. I’ve grown up with the majority of you and I know you're all intelligent and hard working individuals. I also know that you know not to fuck up…

Uncle Joe paused for a brief second before speaking again.

There's a great peace with the other families and organizations among the various territories and I want it to be known here in this office today that if any of you betray this peace, it will be paid in blood.

Letting his words weigh on those in attendance, Uncle Joe reached for a Cigar.

This is a time to focus on business and growth, not war and old vendettas. More and more aspiring criminals are coming into the streets in need of protection and guidance from men of honor such as ourselves. We can't run them off with bullshit.

Puffing on his Cigar Uncle Joe was't quite finished with his little sit down yet.

"Don Capazzo is my fratello in crimine. We will always owe our allegiance to him and the other family heads of Chicago. This thing of ours is something special and there's a chain of command that must always be followed. Don Capazzo and our Godfather Sineya have worked their entire lives to strengthen the bonds of our city with the other families among the territories. As I said, its a time for growth and expanding operations into cities long forgotten by our thing. Places like Boston and New Orleans.

Uncle Joe, sitting in his chair asked for a moment alone with Sal_Moretti.

Sitting there alone in his office with Sally Boy, Uncle Joe wanted to to let him know that he was going to be his number two while this thing of ours got off the groundJoe went on to explain that the position was not permanent as he liked to switch things up and keep the police guessing.

With everything pressing said and done, Joe invited the men back into the office.

"Crack open a bottle boys. It's time to have a toast and celebrate. I imagine we'll see some familiar faces stop by tonight."

Uncle Joe raised his glass to the sky.

"To this thing of ours and one hundred years of crime." 

As Uncle Joe and his friends toasted and shared some laughs he couldn't help but look back on a life well lived. One full of hard work and dedication and saw him through to this very moment. He had thought about that a lot today.

Report Post Tip

Lucy, dressed in the black dress and dainty black gloves of a woman still in mourning, entered the room.  In her hands she held a small box wrapped in paper with a red ribbon bow atop it.  She'd had little occasion these past three weeks to speak with the man whom she called, 'Uncle Joe.'  Though he was no true blood relation of hers, the man (perhaps unknown to most) had been a father figure to the Ivory Tower itself and to her in her darkest hour.

She passed the gift off to one of Uncle Joe's bodyguards and then gave the appropriate Sicilian kiss to greet a man who was like family to her and now her equal in the way of things.  "Il mio cuore è lieto di salutarti in questa speciale occasione, lo zio."  She whispered beside his ear and then smiled warmly at him as she pulled away.

Turning to those of her family and their many friends who had come to welcome Uncle Joe; Lucy spoke with a tone of great respect and affection, "There are many men who speak beautiful words about their hope for this thing of ours.  It is the rare man who, with his actions and sacrifice, prove those words to be anything other than hollow.  Zio Joseph - Don Ligambi - is a man of action.  His words are not another clanging gong, but they are a thing to be admired.  They proudly stand supported by the evidence of his great love for all that we do."

Lucy puts a hand on the new Don's shoulder, "With the blood of my beloved husband still warm on my hands, and the words of vengeance for the murder of Godfather Varys still dripping from my tongue; it was Uncle Joe who came to me with more than just kind words to support what had to be done.  I call him Uncle Joe, not because it is some coy nickname said in jest - nor because we share the blood of some past kin.  No, I call this man my Uncle because his sacrifices helped my family - The Ivory Tower - be born strong into this world of ours.  For his sacrifices and support, he is Uncle to all who stand beneath that name."

She looks to Joe with a warmth in her eyes, "You are a good man."  She says with conviction. 

"You are one who would insist all between us is in the past ... but such support as you - and your former Don Capazzo - have given to my family can not be understated.  We are forever tied together by the thickest of bonds.  Woe to any who would come between us, and the Families of Chicago."

Lucy accepts a glass from one of Joe's men and raises it, "To Don Ligambi, my Zio Joseph, may his coffers be as full as his noble heart and his enemies always on the run.  Saluti!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Sleips has ancestors that went way back with Uncle Joe. He had been told many stories of the times their kin had spent together.
He made his way to the celebration, got himself a drink and raised his glass before speaking.

CONGRATS TO UCLE JOE!!! MAY HE LIVE LONG AND CREATE AN EMPIRE WORTHY OF THE LIGAMBI NAME!!!
Report Post Tip

Frankie was already sitting down listening to Joe giving his auth speech and then listened to Lucky Lucy when she made her speech after he finishes his. Frankie got up and decided to say some words of his own. Frankie begins to clear his throat and begins to speak. Oh man why is there so many people.

"Uncle Joe you are the most well deserved to be authed in Chicago, your work effort and ability too earn is not even touched by every wise guy around. We all have faith and know you will bring Chicago to where it should be on the map. Also you showed me the ropes and brought me in as a poor associate just making his way out here. You taught me how to survive and with those teachings I have strived. I don't know where I would be here without you Joe. I will always be thankful for you. SALUTE!"

Frankie drinks his wine glass and sits back down. He begins to strike conversation with the rest of the guests there. Then he gets up and sits next to Joe. He once again congratulated him and they began to talk, talk and even more talk. Frankie has not seen Joe so excited before, I mean a few times could come close but this for sure took the cake. He looked twenty years younger than he really was, it was a good sight to see. He deserved this. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Sal was sitting in his usual place listening to his Old Uncle Joe give this speech he so well deserved to be giving. Sal began to think about the impact his Uncle Joe had on him from the time he first started out on the streets to where he is now. Sal owed this man more than he could explain. Uncle Joe was his Boss, but not only that, Joe was his mentor, teacher, and most importantly his dear friend.

Uncle Joe asks from the room alone with Sal...After hearing what was being asked of him he was honored to accept. Sal shakes Joes hand and proceeds to hug him as well.

Joe I am honored to be a part of this with you. You know my loyalty to you and the city of Chicago, anything you need done for this thing of ours I will do without hesitation. Love you brother, you deserve it.

The rest of the people return to the room...

With a drink in his hand Sal says...

To my dear friend Uncle Joe! Salute!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Roger listened to Joe and the others happily. He'd never met "Uncle" Joe himself, but the name preceded the man by far. He'd felt as if he almost knew the man by proxy. A legend among the Chicago Outfit. Gladly, he stepped up and took his turn to congratulate the old man, removing his fedora out of respect...

"'Uncle' Joe, I ain't eva seen someone so deservin' of this. With tha help ya offered Don Dicaprio an' tha Ivory Tower, ya earned more than my respect. Ya name alone means somethin' in tha mouth of every Chicago man, an' woman, of honor. May ya have good health, good business, an' for fuck's sake, may ya enemies foreva be strugglin', strangled an' crushed beneath tha powers that be La Famiglia Ligambi. Lunga vita alla famiglia Ligambi, lunga vita a Chicago!"

He shook Joe's hand and placed the hat back atop his head, spinning, and returning into the crowd of those around.

Report Post Tip

Jimmy walked over and sat beside Uncle Joe. He poured himself a drink and then hugged his life long friend.

"You've done it Joey boy! Big time! Get to set up on your own. Don't forget me when you hit the top, you old bastard."

They both began laughing hysterically.

They sat there for a while trading stories of back in their time. Reminiscing on old memories.

Jimmy stands up on the table, tapping his glass signalling that all his friends should pay attention to him.

"I'd like to raise a toast for my good friend Joe. To this thing of ours, and to many years to come! SALUTI!"

"SALUTI," everyone repeats after him

Report Post Tip

ShoNuff had arrived in Chicago just in time to hear the announcement about @Joseph_Ligambi. I did not know the man, however, my father told me he was a real stand up guy. I headed over to  the new Ligambi Crime Family headquarter's just in time to hear him speak.

This is a time to focus on business and growth, not war and old vendettas. More and more aspiring criminals are coming into the streets in need of protection and guidance from men of honor such as ourselves. We can't run them off with bullshit.

After I heard what he had said I waited around for a chance to catch a couple of words with him.  When I finally saw he was free I approached him.

Don Joseph_Ligambi let me first say congratulation on your well-deserved position.  Your words are very encouraging for the new blood.   For other leaders such as yourself, I hope your words don’t fall on deaf ears and are taken into consideration.    I wish you the best.

I shook his hand and went to look for the drinks.

Report Post Tip

My most sincere congratulations, Don Ligambi. I have a deep affection for all of the leadership of the Capazzo syndicate, and deep gratitude for what you've done for my family and the Ivory Tower. I look forward to working together in this new capacity.

Dog offers a bone at the don's feet

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Ligambi Crime Family
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL