Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 05:17:41
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Do you ever get attached to your character? Started by: Bearzy on Dec 22, '17 01:13
I usually get attached to the name. But to start over with an new name, a new character is... wildly exciting.
Report Post Tip

All Characters are missed when they get killed you grow into them ..its a part of Roleplaying that character is a small you and it grows with you as you go..realy cool better than reading i find!

Report Post Tip

I do get attached to my own characters quite quickly. I guess it's more because as a roleplayer, there are aspects of the character that I can see within myself with the characters that I create. But like most people here, it's the investment that you put into building the character from scratch I guess.

Report Post Tip

Depends on how many hours I've put into my account. Losing a 900+ hour character sucks most of the time, but anything less than 300 hours and I don't really dwell much on it. Especially since I'm usually doing other stuff while I play, so I don't mind that I've lost time when it's being shared with multiple things. 

One of the reasons I like this game so much. Very easy to multi-task and also grind.

But, yeah. Everyone gets upset sometimes over a lost character, some feel worse than others, but usually, I just need a couple of goof accounts and then I've brought my spirits back up enough to try hard again.

Report Post Tip

I don't get attached really :P Single characters are kinda meaningless. 

Report Post Tip

To be blunt about this...... No.

Report Post Tip

I try not to get too attached, but there are a few I'll always hold near and dear to my heart. I invest a little bit of me into every character.

However, over the years people have stopped seeing the "characters" as being the focus here and identify with the faces behind the names instead. To me, the character I play in-game is not who I am out of game. One day I hope to see people paying more attention to what we do in game rather than what we say on IRC/Lounge, which to me is as OOC as it gets unless otherwise specified by the channel owner.

It's easier to become attached to your out-of-game (IRC/Lounge) persona than your in-game persona and those of others as well. If that makes any sense.

Report Post Tip

Most characters are a bit meh but it does hurt when you put some serious hours into a character only for it to be wacked in its sleep

Report Post Tip

I did the first one I had because I thought I was going to lose contact with everyone I made friends with. Though some have left on break but I still see some.

Report Post Tip

I'm rather attached to my family and character. It would be a shame to lose him, but I have my next story lined up just incase. But I would be sad as I kinda like how this one is going

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

yea live and die

Report Post Tip

Every character has a rank. If every rank could fulfill their duties, I would say yes. As it stands, be a tool and die.

Report Post Tip

eh, I have. But lately not so much :) 

Report Post Tip
yes,when I play I take the role of my character...
Report Post Tip

I admit I don't like to see my character die, but its because I get tired of rebuilding...its costly and very time consuming.  With that said, I don't get attached to the character's persona because every character had my persona. When I play, I'm just me.  It doesn't matter what the character's name is.  I'm female, but I will play a female character for a while and then switch over to a male character just to do it. Its the actual playing of the game and visiting with my friends that I enjoy most.

Report Post Tip

I got attached to my very first character back in 2002. (InFiNiTy) I played a few other characters after that, then stopped playing for a while. In the end, it's all a game, and eventually you get over it, but just don't forget your firsts.

Report Post Tip
I miss zoidberg
Report Post Tip

nope, dead is dead, 

Report Post Tip

To elaborate on my previous answer, no matter how great a game this is, it's just a game. Case and point, I was a crew leader in Las Vegas under the name Inspector_Clouseau around 2009, I was at University and was about to go out clubbing for a friends 19th birthday when a war broke out. I purposely shot a target after my pro so I would be killed quickly and could go out drinking.

When I died as a no named C in New York, I signed back up within five minutes without a care in the world, joined Sprozza when he was Cantona in Chicago and eventually got my own family.

When I was Godfather Gravity in Philadelphia a few years ago I got killed by a friend, went on to teamspeak, laughed with him and then played some games on steam with him. Shit happens.

I don't get too attached because the inevitable will take place, normally a lot sooner than you think. When you get too attached to a character, other emotions come into play and it really is not worth it.

Report Post Tip

I have but I know no matter what my real friends will still be friends even when I create a new character we been playing mafia games for  years together so no need to fear having to make a new one. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Do you ever get attached to your character?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL