Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 12:23:09
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Do you ever get attached to your character? Started by: Bearzy on Dec 22, '17 01:13

Yeah, I do even though I know I shouldn't.

Report Post Tip

Many get attached to their charactes  I believe

Report Post Tip
I am TM so... yeah I can say I’m attached to myself.

All jokes aside I guess it would really depend on how much accomplished with set character. I highly doubt that someone has been into every character they have played with the same consistency and or vigour one might say. I on the other hand have experienced both sides of the spectrum, characters you connected with on a personal level and the regular old chum around accounts. Kind of hard not to get attached to something you poured time and effort into no?
Report Post Tip

certainly do, not much but enough to feel a bit sad when dying

Report Post Tip

Yes, always. I encourage it! Like characters in a book, you're telling a story. Authors get attached to their characters as do readers of the book. When you pour so more history and potential into a character, give them depth and lore, it's expected that you get a even a little fond of them. 

You can give a character a path to follow, let them be molded by those who they encounter or just free-ball it and see where you end up. 

A good character makes you care about them, which is why books like Game of Thrones and Harry Potter are so successful.

This place is no different, we're telling a story.

Report Post Tip

Not for a long time, with how quick it can be ripped away from you sometimes i have found over the years more and more my senses have become dulled and desensitized with a level of expectation of what the game offers.   Certain people i would say i have become attached to over the years, and suffered a level of frustration due to what could of been done, but not so much an attachment to characters anymore.

Report Post Tip

I've gotten attached to a few characters, normally it's the ones that last over a month. Or if they are just having a really good run (even if it's a "young run"). It really just depends on what kind of people I'm around. A lot goes into what can be considered a "good" Run.

Report Post Tip

All the time  some times I'm at work or in the car and someone calls my name and i don't here them, or notice , i even told some people to call me my name on here.

Report Post Tip

I do, but only if they have lasted a little I guess

Report Post Tip

No I don't unfortunately. 

Report Post Tip
I’d have to agree. Only if they get super old and/or went far on the game. The more you play, the more you get used to losing it.
Report Post Tip

Not generally more so to the people I've met over time.

Report Post Tip

My best character was just a noob, so not really. But when I did lose my first character I did feel a little bad for losing him because even though he was a noob.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Do you ever get attached to your character?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL