Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 03:19:51
Page:  1 
Marie and Luca's Reception Started by: Salvatore_Lucania on Jan 28, '18 21:24

The Bismark Hotel's ballroom was fully decorated in purples, blues and some white for the event. People had been working around the clock to get everything just right and it was a site to be seen. There were many tables that where beautifully decorated, and the decorations should provide entertainment after a few rounds of drinks, they covered most of the floor and the place had been decorated with flowers that matched Marie's bouquet. There was a place left open for dancing to the live entertainment, which they had booked the Trio Lescano, who would perform after dinner and the toast, which Luca had been able to acquire a few cases of Dom Pérignon for. The head table was set up on a riser and was where Luca and Marie sat along with Roadrunner815, Rumrunner815, Sal_Moretti and of course the godfather of Chicago Joseph_Ligambi. 

The dessert table was piled high with cannoli's, panforte, Zuppa Inglese, biscotti and many others. At the center of the table is where the wedding cake rose high above the other desserts.  Next to the dessert table was another table that held the appetizers which were a selection of Shrimp Scampi, Sausage with Broccoli Rabe, Fried Calamari and Eggplant Rollatini.

The dinner menu consisted of 8oz Filet Mignon, grilled and served with Barolo wine sauce, rack of lamb, braised short ribs, various other meat dishes, plus everything from Chicken Francaise to Chicken Forestiere, Chicken Margherita topped with artichoke hearts, fresh tomatoes, and mozzarella. All the meat and sausage had been provided by the Joseph_Ligambi's shop in Chicago and were cooked by Sal_Moretti's head chef. 

The bar was fully stocked with rum, gin, scotch, whiskey and beer along with many non-alcoholic beverages for mixes and such. 

Report Post Tip

Road stands up and looks around, clinking his glass. He waits a moment. He really does not like public speaking, having all the focus on him is not his idea of a mobster. They work much better in the background. However everyone here were also mobsters and all friends and family, plus this was his boss and best friend's wedding reception, so it was not only a duty but an honor to be standing here.

Ladies and gentlemen, lords and ladies, I want to say a few words for my dear friend here. I have been thinking about the things I would say and how much time it would take to tell all the good about him, but we do not have a few weeks to spare so I will be quick. This is a man I have known for a good while now, a man who had been with my father through some bad times and good times, a man who took me in after my father died and gave me the same position he held, something that is earned, yet he has given me the chance to show that I am my father's son. This is just one of the many things he has done that shows he is a good and honorable man. Marie, I hope you know there is nothing he would not do for you and I know the feeling is mutual. You have been a great friend to my father as well. You were always there for him and that never went unnoticed in our home. I could not be happier for two people to be joining your lives and the growth it will bring to you two and all of Chicago, our beloved city. Everyone please raise your glasses in a toast to an amazing couple who deserve nothing but happiness

Report Post Tip

Frankie Messina dressed in a purple satin dress and adorned in beautiful amethyst jewels sat with her fiancée Tony-DiCaprio at small table near the wall of the reception hall.  She hadn't known that her dress would be in theme with the décor, but it was something of a pleasant surprise.  She and Marie had been friends in New York and it was great to see her thriving now in Chicago.  Her business operations had grown considerably, as had her family, and now she was beginning a true family of her own by marrying Salvatore. 

Frankie didn't know Salvatore very well, but she knew he was a leader in his own right and so the marriage between Marie and he made all the sense in the world.  A consolidation of power and a way to protect the future of a city (though god help both families if they ever had a marital spat!)

Frankie had brought a gift for the couple, something she wanted for herself, a GE Dishwasher!  Amazingly the machine washed polished and dried your dishes FOR YOU!  Would wonders never cease?  She was sure for two very busy mobsters the dishwasher would come in handy (assuming they didn't hire a housekeeper and nanny for the children which would surely come in time.) 

Listening to the speech she smiled at Tony, and took his hand across the table.  Raising a glass when it was time she again shared a fond look with her beloved.  What a lovely party this was going to be!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Tony was happy to attend Luca's and Marie wedding it was a beautiful ceremony, the reception menu was well planned.  Tony whoever couldn't take his eyes off of Frankie-Messina in purple satin dress.  She made that dress look awesome, she was made for that dress.   Tony thought she looked good in a burlap sack.   He raised his glass with Frankie  holding her hand but thinking soon she will become his wife.  Luca looked good but Marie stole the show and she should have it was her day but Luca's lucky day. 

To Luca and Marie I wish you both the best that life has to offer, may you have peace and joy, when issues raise remember today and what made you come together and find your love.   May you have children that bring you laughter and may you both have long life hand in hand.

Tony shook Luca's hand and kissed Marie cheek then he took her hand and placed it in Luca's.  This was their day and they needed to dance the first dance as husband and wife.   Tony then went an sat with Frankie smiling at her with thoughts in his head about how lovely she is and looks. 

Sitting there among family and friends on this joyous occasion, Uncle Joe couldn't have been happier. He cared a great deal for the two newlyweds and held a special place in his heart for them. They reminded him of the love he once had with shared with his dearly departed Marie_Ligambi

Uncle Joe sat there thinking about how Luca had come to him to seek permission to mix business and pleasure in the very beginning. Uncle Joe saw their love blossom from day one. He was honored to have given away Marie who he felt was the daughter he never had.

Uncle Joe stood up and made his way over to Luca when he saw his chance. 

"Luca my boy, what can I say. Your old Uncle Joe could barely keep it together during the wedding. I'm so blessed to have you and your amazing wife with me. The two of you share something so special it warms my little heart. I can't wait to send you two on your honeymoon across the pond. I haven't been to the old country in too long. You take care of our sweet Marie. I need to have a word with her as well before I leave. It's been a long day, I'm old."

Uncle Joe reaches out and embraces his caporegime and friend, giving him a kiss on his left and then right cheek before slipping him a thick envelope.

"For the bridal purse."

Making his way to Marie, Uncle Joe began to tear up again. She looked so pretty in her wedding gown and had reminded him so much of his beloved Marie.

"Marie my darling, I'm so happy for you. You made the prettiest bride I ever think I did see. I could barely let you go when we got down the aisle."

Uncle Joe laughed before continuing.

"I'm so glad everything came together today. It was truly a magical ordeal and as I told Luca, I'm covering all of your honeymoon costs. I want you two to have the fairy tale I once did."

Uncle Joe leaned in to hug the blushing bride.

"I've got to be going now, I'm tired from the days festivities and need to retire for the evening."

Before Uncle Joe made his way out he turned back to Marie and gave her a small Jewelry box. Inside were some of the most gorgeous earrings, rings and necklaces any woman had ever laid eyes on. Some of the pieces had come right out of the display windows at De Beers themselves. 

"These were my wife's. I've held on to them for far too long. I want you to have them and wear them all the days of your life. They belonged to a queen and now they do again."

Uncle Joe with a great sense family bid his farewells for the night and made his way for the door giving the lovely Frankie Messina a nod on his way out.

Frankie waved to Uncle @Joesph_Ligambi as he left the party.  She looked back to Tony-DiCaprio "Such lovely words to the happy couple."  She sighed.  "Getting excited for our big day yet?  Or are you rethinking the whole thing and wanting to run as fast as you can for the nearest exit?"

She laughed, casting her gaze around the room wondering if SullivanBlack and JacquelineBlack were coming.  Or maybe if Jones had arrive.  Jazmine was always good for these sorts of parties too, she was a real hoot! 

"We really haven't discussed wedding party options too much.  Have you given thoughts to who might be your best man yet?"  She smiled and wondered if she spotted @Tony-Castelli and Garnet through the crowd of people - it might have been them, she couldn't be sure.  Oh!  Was that Don Shaggs - she waved at him through the sea of people.

Report Post Tip

Tony looked at Frankie when she asked him was he

Getting excited for our big day yet?  Or are you rethinking the whole thing and wanting to run as fast as you can for the nearest exit?

He stood and walked around the table to face her.

I would have been chasing you since I was twelve.  I asked you on your thirteen birthday and I have been trying to convince you to do so everyday since then.   You accepted your fate lady soon you will be my wife my lovely Ms. DiCaprio.

Now the party options I leave that to you and you can invite anyone you choose as long as it not former competition, I hate to a wedding and a funeral like Frank's first marriage. 

Tony shook his head as she is suck a social butter fly.  He picks up his glass of wine and walks back to his seat.

Report Post Tip

Frankie laughed.  He had been pursuing her most of their lives really.  She supposed he had every right to feel like their wedding was long over due instead of something to be dread at this point.  "Take a drink... we're going to get out there on the dance floor and cut a rug to the next hot number they play.  My shoes are itching and the only cure for it is your arms around, spinning me around the dance floor!"

Report Post Tip

Tony had received a colorful invitation to the wedding of Marie Costa and Salvatore Lucania. He had many pleasant interactions with Marie Costa and had been happy to attend the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony in which Tony felt so happy to see it happen first hand. Now it was on to the reception to have a good time..

"Congratulations you two, I hope to see you both have an amazing life together. I wish you the best of luck in everything you do. I'll drink to your long and happy marriage." Tony raised his glass to both Marie and Salvatore. 

"Please let me know if you ever need anything." Tony made his way back to the bar to get another drink. 

He enjoyed the rest of the night with friends and acquaintances alike. Chicago sure knew how to throw a party...

Tony never looked at Frankie he gave a chuckle as his reply before stating. 

Come on, you know I'm the best dancer in the place, you might want to order a double after all your still learning the Charleston.

Report Post Tip

"My Charleston is getting a lot better you know..."  She said with a touch of indignance.  "I've been working very hard on it and I'm not half bad.  Can I help it if Americans have the most complex and strange dances?  Whatever happened to a good waltz?"  Frankie put her hand on Tony's chest just above his heart.  "You will waltz with me, right?  I can presume a wedding party will have a few slower dances to enjoy."

Report Post Tip

Tony nods as he walks away heading towards the band she watches him as he hands the band leader a few bucks.  Then he walked back to his beloved. 

You want a waltz you got a waltz. 

Tony places his arms around her pulling her close as the band stuck up the music for a waltz.  They were relaxed body to body as Frankie looked into Tony's eyes.   The box step but very relaxed and flexible it results in a gentle back and forth sway.  Their step rotate to left then a walking backward step.   The dance keeps them close as they never separate its as if they where gliding on air as they do a slow spin turn about and back to the left steps and then the backwards steps.  Her right arm stretched upward and out as he leads her around.  Their eyes locked in a loving stare.

As the waltz comes to an end, Frankie kisses Tony.  "Why Tony DiCaprio... you've come a long way from the feast dances in Milazzo!"  Frankie was delighted.  She had always enjoyed dancing with him in their youth, to find his talents had aged like wine, only served to deepen her affection towards him.

"Presto sarà il nostro turno." She whispered.  Still in his arms, even after the song had concluded and the dancers were moving back to their tables.  "Questa è stata una bella serata ... dovremmo tornare nella nostra stanza?"

Frankie took Tony's hand and lead him away.  Giving only polite nods to friends as they departed.

Report Post Tip

I had not been to a good party in what seemed liked years! I walzted in wearing my trademark pink satin dress that practically kissed the floor in length ( pairs well with this platinum blonde hair of mine). The dress had a slit up my left leg of course, right out of the fashion magazines .  The ballroom looked grand and beautiul, lots of purple. By the time I had gotton there, people were dancing, some were familiar. I scanned the room for a dance partner. I smiled seeing Frankie and Tony dancing together, it was so cute, those two.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Marie and Luca's Reception
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL