Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 05:48:24
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
What are you doing right this minute? Started by: Vito_Landucci on Mar 14, '18 08:27
Just woke up still plsyin MR in bed
Report Post Tip

Just got back from work so cleaning the house :)

Report Post Tip
Working away, first day back after the holidays so a little sluggish.
Report Post Tip

I am playing some 2k18 about to go to the playoffs. 

Report Post Tip

Posting in this thread.  LOL  

Report Post Tip

Listening to a zombie song cover and browsing the internet

Report Post Tip

Toggling between doing my reports and playing this game

Report Post Tip

Getting ready to take my children to the airport!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Trying to wake up and get out of the house... It's a struggle. 

Report Post Tip

Just got back from the gym, now currently eating some delicious dinner.

Report Post Tip

Getting ready to leave to meet a good friend. We used to do jobs together. Maybe I'll loop him in for our next big score...

Report Post Tip

Playing Pokemon Let's Go Eevee :)

Report Post Tip

Having a FML moment. Went grocery shopping and got everything EXCEPT the things I originally wanted! \o/

Report Post Tip

Wishing that I could sleep in tomorrow morning x.x 

Report Post Tip
Waiting for a ferry to take me to the mainland.
Report Post Tip

Getting ready for bed and to try to sleep a bit before work rolls around. Never enough hours in the day to work, rest, and be human somewhere in the middle there, but especially of late.

Report Post Tip
Deciding if i will have my lunch early or not
Report Post Tip

Listening to music while deciding what I should eat for lunch.

Report Post Tip

Part I - Recruiting

This can be a difficult topic with many different opinions and styles on how to handle these young ones.

Let's first discuss the easy answer for some of these young people who are asked to be invite into the Family. There is a certain percentage of recruits that are fairly known in that we knew there ancestors or we may have recruited a friend that we know from the neighborhood that has just decided that he would like to try this way of ours. You vouch for this guy and any CL would gladly welcome them in based on your recommendation. This doesn't necessarily make them a great recruit but at least we have some bits of information on this person that is enough to give him a shot.

Now the tough part. We have people looking for a better life and they land on our shores. Who are these people? We know absolutely nothing about them other than they are poor and most do not even understand our ways. How could they know? It's not that they are bad people, in fact they could be a future CL with hard work, it's just that we don't know. No one wishes to recruit someone who may harm the Family or others that are in this thing of ours. If they chose to go off half cocked and hurt another Family they could potentially cause their own CLs downfall.

Let's begin by agreeing to lump petty thieves, thugs, and gangsters into one category. Most Families have someone or a group of people that are on the look out for these new recruits. I am sure if you are a capable CL you trust these people to make the decision for you. They may ask them a few questions, they may offer a few bucks to get them started. They may even go so far as to help walk them through how to commit crimes and how to get their friends out of jail. These things are an important first step but this is also where things can go wrong and do go wrong sometimes quickly.

It's not anyones fault really. Some of these people are lazy, some are not smart enough and just give up, some just decide that this isn't the life for them. What could we do better to help the people who want to be here but are somewhat lost as to what to do and are scared they might make a mistake. Also, how can we protect ourselves and others?

I would like to suggest a few things I have picked up over a generation plus notes from my ancestry.

DISCLAIMER:

Let me just state at the start that I am not saying this is the only way or even the best way. It is however a way that has proven itself over time. It is not infallible but there is not a method that is. This will gain you advantage and will build a strong Family bond rather than a glorified crew as people like to call it. 

DISCLAIMER:

I would like to first reveal that my Family line recently decided to join a few Families over the last couple of months to test to see how I would be treated within this category. I just wanted to see for myself how a handful of Families recruit and how helpful these families  would be and how I would be treated as the lowest of low in our world.

DISCLAIMER:

My current Family was not used as part of this experiment and no one within my Family should be attributed to what I am about to discuss through out these results. Although I have used my current Family as a sounding board and to help me gain some input.

OK! Lets get to the meat.

No.1 - Families in general are to quick to throw the invite out. 

A couple of quick question and sign here. I know we have a lot of room to spare here and we do need bodies to keep our way of life moving but can't we spend a few more minutes not only to get to know the person but also to teach them what this world is about?  It only takes a few minutes to explain why your recruit should not jump at first invite and should be taught the real meaning of honor within the Family. Explain that he or she has time to decide and how beneficial it would be for them to join a Family of your caliber. Explain not only the work they need to do but the rewards that will be there for them should they put the time in. An honorable Family will always have the time for a new recruit and not rush to sign the document.

Will you lose some handling it in this manner. Yes. Chances are they were not the type you want. If they rush in and you rush them through neither of you win. This person will make a mistake that cost you and them. It may have been a great leader stepping foot on these shore for the first time but in the end was turned off by the fact that he is just another piggy bank, or one more gun, or one more, god forbid, pick pocketer.

SOLUTION: HONOR

Speak to them about your Family. The individuals that are doing great things inside your home and the neighborhood. Explain how you started out and what the Family did for you and the opportunities that were created because of the type of Family you found. Speak to them about your CL and what he adds to the community here and how he speaks with his own members. Don't be a paper signer be a friend.

No.2 - 

Report Post Tip

watching mickey mouse clubhouse with grandson

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What are you doing right this minute?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL