Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 22:24:03
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The Las Vegas Fun Fair - Come One, Come All! Started by: Frankie-Messina on Mar 14, '18 11:30
After sitting on the table for a while, TheButcher was itching his fingers he just want to get up and enjoy everything, he kept looking at kaira and nodding his head, “is it time yet!” He

whispered to DesireeKaira, she stepped on his foot ao hard, “SHUSH! When i say so!” She replied angrily, he had enough with this and stood up pushed Kaira off of her chair

“FOLLOW ME!” He yelled at her while running happily towards all the fun and light, he glimpsed kaira following him and was like “yay, she is all fun and game now!” What he really

did not know she was following him to stab her for pushing her off the chair! He felt the anger and yelled “KAIRA AM SORRY *heavy breathing” STOP FOLLOWING ME YOU

KNOW I CANNOT RUN FO FO *super heavy breathing” LONG DISTANCE” he ran and ran till be reached the end of the whole thing, it did not stop Butch nor Kaira, both of them

were getting slower and slower till they stopped half a mile away frim the festival.

“Now what Kaira look how far we are now! All the fun and joy is half a mile away and DROP THAT KNIFE! It is mine anyway!” He tried to calm Kaira down bu Tossing a letter, Kaira

read the letter and said “alright you will live tonight lets go back” they headed back to the festival so slow they barely could walk after the long run and asked Kaira “so what are we

going to do as soon as we arrive?!”.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

To no surprise, the ladies and gentlemen at the crew's table were pretty quiet. Quiet, to his nonsense, "Well, off to meet new peeps... Take care?" He'd start to walk away before The_Kid would 'break the silence', "Don't try it" the Right-Hand-Man ordered, or at least Dime thought it was an order. He'd turn around to stop, not to bump into anyone, "You know that's not it" he said with confidence. 

From then he walked away, wonderin' around the games and stands to find this... Interesting figure, who just so happened to be stuffing himself full of popcorn, for a moment he even stopped. Dime has the most slight belief that this figure would start going to the hotdog stand that was just so nearby. 

And sure enough, he did.

"Oi, the fuck is this?" Dime said as a man pushed right into him, walking the fuck away, seeming more attentive towards a special someone? "Yo, ASSHOLE?" Dime yelled out, obviously fuckin' pissed. "I don't give a shit I don't have a fuckin' drink..." He sneered. 

Some people.

Report Post Tip

Frankie was JUST about to thank Raconteur, one of her newest associates for his thoughtful gesture when all of the sudden someone was grabbing him and pulling him from her.  

"Francesco, basta! Lui lavora per me!" She reached out and took hold of the Priest's hand to remove it from Raconteur's arm. "Lui lavora per me." 

She could tell the moment was an incredibly awkward one for everyone.  First for Carmine, he hadn't stopped any of it because he knew both men and knew neither to be of danger... and yet this could have gone bad.  Second was Raconteur who had no idea who the Priest was and likely was worried that she had an undercover man waiting to protect her if someone came too close.  And then there was Francesco who hadn't known Raconteur or that he wasn't a random assailant the likes of which were common at street festivals like this one back home in Sicily.

"Gentlemen,"  She tried to not laugh but the absurdity of what life was shaping up to without Tony there to run her family's guns and her bodyguard details... well, it was down right foolish, and somehow this was the first thing she'd felt the need to truly laugh at in days.  The gangsterpriest and the wise guy nearly going to blows over a lunch that cost maybe $1.00 total.

"I'm sorry... it's just..."  She laughed again and tried to hide it.  " Raconteur this is Father Francis, an old friend of mine from Sicily.  Father... this is Raconteur an associate of mine."  She shook her head at Carmine.  She'd have to chat with him about this later but scolding a made man in public was a big no-no unless you wanted him to hold a grudge and Carmine was too good to her for that.

"I happily accept your offer to buy my lunch Raconteur but only if you join me in eating."  She looked to Father Francis, "Would you like to join us for a bite to eat too, Francesco?  Food is always better with company."  She used his given name to ensure he didn't think she was making some formal affair of this whole ... lunch. 
Report Post Tip

He was dead, he just knew it. The moment he felt the hand on his shoulder he knew he screwed up and made a bet he couldn't cover. Raconteur closed his eyes content that he was going to die on a good risk, even if it didn't pan out. When he heard the Don start speaking to the man his eyes flew open and his mouth dropped open just a hair. Was coincidence so kind for once?

As Don Dicaprio started laughing and explaining, Raconteur couldn't help but let a small chuckle out himself. A mobster standing scared half to death and trying to accept the inevitable because of a priest. There was a sort of irony in that. A light smattering of red crept into his cheeks as he realized his foolishness.

Still blushing he worked up enough courage to respond to his boss. "Of course ma'am. I'd be honored."

Feeling as though he owed Francis an apology for his reaction, Raconteur sheepishly turned to him and offered a handshake in greeting. "It's good to meet you Father, I'd be glad to cover your meal as well if you'd like." After all, it was the least he could do for a man of the cloth who dealt with their rough world. Especially one with the strength to stop a man dead in his tracks.

Finally remembering the food, Raconteur turned and ordered a burger and a coke, laying out money to cover the two lunches as well as anything the Father might want.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

After having spent a considerable amount of his time at the science exhibitions Krieger decided it was nearing time to enjoy some of the rides offered at the fair. He walked along and spotted a large Ferris-wheel. He smiled and made his way over. Seeing the night's lights of Las Vegas from up high was always a must when the opportunity presented itself. He made his way through the crowds before spotting the line. He joined the que and waited a good thirty minutes before he was seated inside his bench. 

The ride began cranking as it lifted him into the air he put his arms behind his head, leaned back and enjoyed the show. He took a deep breath of the cool night air and looked out into the dark and distant desert before bringing his focus back onto the city. He could see The Strip lit brightly from such heights. The distance gave him perspective and relaxation simultaneously. He let his stress melt away as he simply enjoyed the free time this fair was presenting him. It was truly a gem of an idea. He would have to personally thank the powers at be later on for hosting such a magnificent event.

She sat up under the tree and stretched before standing and dusting herself off she went back to the carnival. Looking around she purchased some sweets, her and that sweet tooth. She was always saying she would cut it out. Even just for a bit, she finished it up before heading to the Feris wheel and getting onto a empty car. Looking around she sighed, she enjoyed this, the serenity and calm of the breeze during the day. She did not want this to end.

When the ride was done she made her way around looking at the games before being dragged into a quick round at the duck pond. She ended up loosing with no ducks, and smiled faintly. "I am bad at these games."

She slides quietly into the fair grounds, blending into the crowd as per usual. This time, though, she's pushing a small vending cart, hidden by a dark silk cover. She finds a somewhat clear space, settles in and removes the fabric, exposing the vibrant green and yellow shades of the decorations she had prepared along with the treats. The sweet smell of freshly baked goods soon attracts a few customers, and Allera finds herself swamped with questions regarding the recipes that definitely didn't originate in North America.

She's proud to share a little of her culture free of charge, but it gets overwhelming after a while. Large crowds were still very much scary, considering she had been fleeing alone all around the world for the past couple of years. In the middle of walking someone through the pronounciation of quindim, she feels the air escape her lungs as anxiety begins to eat at her core, and she looks around in a haze, desperately searching for a familiar face to come in her rescue.

Francesco smirked as soon as he understood the situation wasn't as life or death as he regrettably imagined. His hand just as quickly found its way off of Raconteur's shoulder, not before lightly brushing at it like that had been his Intention all along. He finished by giving an approving nod at his preening.

"Why the fluff not." He said with a smile, trying to move on from his mishap.

He was less concerned about his actions, as he had given an oath to someone which he wasn't going to break if he could help it. He just disliked the fact his initial response was so bleak.

"I'll be happy to join you both. It's a great day for it."

The priest, who was in full catholic attire and sporting a newly purchased black fedora, ordered himself some food and followed the others to a vacant table. Which, was only the case after Carmine weaved his magic.

Francis let the gesture of having his meal paid for not go unnoticed. He accepted it without fuss, yet made a mental note to somehow repay the favour before his time here was through.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Lunacy  had heard of talks about the fair in town and decided to see what the fuss was all about, she also decided it was a good idea to get out of her house and meet the locals. Sauntering through the entrance she paid the fee to get inside and continued on her way deeper into the fair. She was a petite small thing with a young innocent face and kept to herself most of the time. While standing at the food tent munching on an apple pie, a prize caught her eye in the distance. Sitting up perfectly, gleaming at Lunacy with it's pitch black eyes was a teddy bear. It wasn't too big nor too small, perfect size to drag around and snuggle. Dropping the half eaten apple pie on the ground Lunacy walked over to the game where her stuffed bear was being held hostage. She beamed at the high tower with the bell dangling at the very tippy top, when suddenly a huge shadow made hers disappear. Turning around to face whatever had entered her personal space, she gave an annoyed glare at the man who just stood and smirked at her. He was obviously in charge of this game, her teddy's keeper, she could tell from his demeanor. Rolling her eyes she pointed at the teddy bear only to be  mocked by him pointing at the stupid bell she had been fixated on prior to him showing up. rolling her eyes she handed the man some money and he handed her the over sized hammer. Struggling to even pick the stupid thing up she finally managed to and slammed it down with all of her might only to receive a smirk as the thing didn't even go halfway up the tower. Without even a second thought Lunacy immediately pulled her gun out and glared at him without blinking, aiming the barrel of her gun right at his face. It felt like time was going by slowly with the standoff she now found herself in. Not moving a muscle and never breaking eye contact with the man he reacted by putting his hands in the air to let her know he wasn't looking for a fight. Still not convinced she continued to glare at him never speaking a word. He slowly leaned to the side and grabbed the stuffed teddy bear with the pitch black eyes and offered it to Lunacy. In the blink of an eye Lunacy had holstered her gun, snatched Teddy, and was already nearly out of the mans site.

Free from her Teddy's capture, She and Teddy picked up a bag of popcorn from one of the food stands and found themselves in a huge tent with a ton of very interesting people showing themselves off, from bearded women to a man swallowing swords on fire. She sat on a bench in the front row with Teddy propped up beside her and gawked at the amazing people with their various talents. She had decided the fair was the best place to be in the world and she didn't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Frankie sat down and began to enjoy her meal with the GangsterPriest and Raconteur .  "Isn't this nice?  The community coming together like this?"  She said looking around at the crowd of people milling to and fro in the streets.  The music filling the air with a sense of whimsy.  She tried to let it soak it, but more it just flowed through her - recognized but not really affecting her so much.

She then noticed Raconteur's stuffed goat.

She laughed, "Where on earth did you get that?"  she pointed to the goat.  "It almost looks like Uffa!"

Report Post Tip

After he finished cleaning himself of anything that may have spilled on himself, he'd bring the question to what exactly an ass has so important that'd he'd just breeze through the crowd like a hurricane. Dime admitted to himself at any cost, just get away from it... The nerves of people just shown what can happen may just lead to even worse. He decided to walk away from it, heading directly opposite from where GangsterPriest bumped into him.

"Oi, how much more must fuckin' happen?" He said as he saw in front of him a discombobulated Allera panicking in the mist of the crowd. He barely knew the lady, as for most of his time is selling off fake-information, he doesn't care about outside sources other than Klejnot's crew. He's only heard of her success at the Ivory Tower. He'd approach the young lady, "You seem to be havin' a problem? Not to be a smart-ass, of course." He asked, having it's all being just common decency.

Report Post Tip

"God dammit!"

Sullivan stared at the milk bottles still standing after the ball hit them square in the center. In one instant he thought he'd pull out his gun and shoot holes in every bottle (and carnie) around him. Instead he slammed another five dollar bill down and took his three softballs.

"Mkay... Just gotta knock one down and I can get the stuffed flower, right?"

"Tha's right, buddy. Step right up and try yer luck. Hell, if ya can't get it in the next five tries, I'll throw in a stuffed bear too."

Sully smirked and gave the softball a hard throw...

*CLINK* 

The ball bounced back and fell into the game tent. Irritated at the now third time he'd tried, Sully chunked the other two balls at the same time and both hit the milk bottles square in the center. With a huff, Sullivan turned away and looked at Matty. "I'm sorry, love... I'll try again after a bit. No point in wasting all of our finances here on this."

He drug Matty down the midway checking out other games and trying his fair share at them (losing most). Matty giggled as Sully tried his best to win her anything she wanted, but unfortunately, he didn't have the skills necessary. Grumbling under his breath, he took Matty's hand and led her off toward the Ferris Wheel.

"Fucking games are rigged..."

He couldn't help but smirk at himself as he drug her along. "C'mon, lets go ride that ferris wheel. I'll win you something after I've had a chance to calm down some.

Desiree wasn't in the mood to party. Lately she felt like depression was consuming her and all she wanted to do was be away from everyone and everything. Meanwhile being lost in her own thoughts she felt pushed out of her chair and dragged outside. An annoying and loud voice was screaming and yelling for her to rush.

Not knowing exactly what was happening Desiree started running aimlessly following the shadow in front of her which had the shape of a man. Without realizing while being dragged away she took the knife she was playing with. The loud and noisy voice, was now yelling in between the gasps for her to stop threatening him with the sharp object.

She didn't know anything, her mind was blurry and running was only making her more and more tired until the point she felt like she losing her breath.

We reached. The familiar voice who sounded very much like TheButcher pulled her again from the thoughts which were now revolving around the pain she was feeling in her chest from all the running.

The party was loud and crowded. People from all around gathered together to celebrate something. But she didn't feel the need to be there. Lifeless as she felt she managed to drag herself in one corner of the place and started looking around to see what everyone was doing.

She noticed Joy and Klejnot, both looking like they were very drunk. Joy had two bottles of wine in her hands while Klejnot was holding two glasses of tequila. In front of them Carnival was sitting on a chair smoking a cigar. Desiree assumed they failed to see him as both of them tried sitting on the chair at the same time pushing each other in what it seemed like a competition for who gets the chair first, in that case the lap.

In another corner of the room Jones was having a bunch of guys surrounding him. Desiree could swear that @Pep-Carpucino-E001, James and Shaggs were shacking their butts in what it seemed to be a failed attempt to twerk. Jones was yelling and screaming at them to try and make them master his move.

Not far away from Jones and his dancing ballet she saw Prof-V-Jameson mixing some drinks together. She believed he was creating some sort of serum. Youth serum, love serum? No one would ever find out she thought.

At that point the alcohol was messing with Desiree's mind and body. Without realizing she had a bit too much to drink and was now drunk. Suddenly she felt a presence next to her. When turning around to look she saw an unfamiliar face smiling at her.

Desiree raised an eyebrow at the person who was now invading her personal bubble and asked.

And you are? 

The woman introduced herself as UrsulaIguaran. Desiree wasn't really interested in making new acquaintance and as she got ready to brush off the newcomer she got interrupted by TheButcher's loud self.

For a second she managed to forget her depression and actually smiled. Butch was dancing with a mannequin that had AlejandroGuevara's picture attached to its face. He was sobbing and kissing the doll being all touchy touchy with his hands on the mannequin's butt.

You see that?! She asked the stranger next to her. That's what true love looks like.

Next to him Shinni was sharing some salted watermelons with his ghost friends. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $150,000 Tip
A voice calls out to her at last, louder than the small crowd attacking the selection of Brazilian sweets she had prepared with such care. She can't put a name to the face of the man who had approached her, but she's thankful for him all the same. "A little...", her voice falters and she smiles shyly down to the ground.

A large woman picks up a delicate yellow treat, swallows it in one go and then proceeds to scream about the presence of coconuts in it before bumping Dimeeer on her way to a dramatic exit. Allera sighs out loud, and lets her head hang low in defeat. "This was a mistake, wasn't it?..."

"Danke dummkopf, hmph." He sneered at the lady as she bumped into him. "Fuckin' disgustin'... Anyways, what mistake?" He asked Allera, his rather German accent seemingly stands out from the crowd, what kind of German would be all the way out here people ask Dime, and into that response? Oi, pickin' up what's rightfully mine. 

"I am unsure if you have any idea who I am, Allera. I am Dime, or Dimeeer...  I prefer Dime, but that doesn't matter now. Havin' a bad day it seems? Seems like... you set up your own sweet shop, hm? If I can guess... From what I see, didn't expect there to be THIS many peeps?" It took him awhile to say these things, communicatin' isn't much of a thing he does on a daily basis, other than negotiating contacts and information. 

"Looks like you may need a hand?"

Report Post Tip

Sure enough after her round on the ride came to an end. She got off making her way around, stopping and watching children playing the games. Relaxing as she took a breath and went to look for the others. She stopped every so often to watch those playing still. Occasionally dragged into the game. She sighed, and moved around going to the milk bottle game, she paid and gave it a try, finally wining a plush. She looked at the little plus, a white rabbit. To her it was cute, and just something she wanted to hold onto. So she gave it to her guard and went to atleast find Dimeeer.  

Coming across him talking to Allera, she smiled and gave a small wave. "Enjoying everything? Or is there something wrong?" She stepped closer and hung around near them for some time just to chat.

He wouldn't pay attention to Klej, not until Allera pointed at her. "Oh, Klejnot. Yeah, nothin' wrong either. Jus' looked like someone needed a hand. People jus' bein' dummkopfs. Least in fuckin' Germany, we'd be celebratin' Oktoberfest without a fuckin' problem with people." His voice soundin' a louder than he was already. He'd soon conclude everythin' to Klej about the incident. "And... That's when you came, not really much of story, eh?"

"If anythin', you don't seem that you got mugged or anythin', take that you had a good time." He joked to Klejnot, in a rather bland way. He wanted to laugh at that, genuinely. Just sounded weird for him to just 'laugh it off'. 

Report Post Tip

She nodded listening to the story, though she stayed quiet through his words. She smiled when asked, "Not really, though need to be careful wandering around. Some people get mad about the games, or just small little problems with booths."

She smiled and looked around before hearing Dimeeer's joke. "Huh? No I did not get mugged. And Just a little, I mainly enjoy walking around." She grinned, it was too nice of a day to hide from the sun. She was enjoying the day out there, though she was about to take off again to enjoy it some more.

"Or in this case, gone Black Frida-." He'd stop to think if that was what Americans called it... I believe it was. "-Black Friday over a sweet-stand, was it? But, yeah... This place just as bad on the fuckin' road, thank god people in Germany never got that angry on the Autobahn." To him, sharing experiences of Germany was quite a relaxin' experience, seein' as no one can relate. He'd hear about the last part Klej was talkin' bout, seemingly boring.

"Even I had a good time, even if it's jus'... Fuckin' smokin', that's all it is for me. Give me some Cuban Cigars? Oh hell, I am your bes' fuckin' friend." That's the only thing he actually laughed at today, anything with that involves cigars. He'd feel the rather cold breeze brush off his jacket. 

"Hm."

Report Post Tip

Raconteur was starting to relax, seeing how informal the priest had been with him. He sat down with his burger and enjoyed the company, though Don Dicaprio still looked distracted. Her sudden start at the goat couldn't help but tease a smile from him and he half-chuckled to himself as he responded.

"I saw this little guy at the dart and balloon booth and with all the stories I'd heard about Uffa, I couldn't help but play until I got him." Raconteur hesitated for just a moment and shifted a bit in his seat. "Coming here was kind of spur of the moment on my way back into town, so I didn't have anyone to give him to. It's my first fair though, so I wanted to give the games a go. I thought about giving him to someone at the Tower but it felt like it would be a silly gift for folks there. I figured at least it would help me think of them when I can't be around town."

Raconteur's eyes drifted a bit as the thoughts of the last few weeks crept their way from the back of his mind. He had come to America to join his father's business with the passing of his mother only to find his father had been killed, leaving him with a broken gun and enough money to skip town. The grief and anger had nearly driven him to throw his life away on a foolish pursuit, but a good man stopped him before he could fix the weapon and pointed him to Las Vegas where he found a family every bit as strong as the one he had lost.

He shook away the dark thoughts and looked up at Don DiCaprio with a wistful smile. "I guess when it comes down to it, the goat made me think of home." The pride he felt in his new family swelled and started to drive away the melancholy as quickly as it had risen up. "I suppose I should thank you for that."

He turned briefly to the priest and sighed. "If you're going to be in town for a bit, maybe we could talk about a few things. I've never been a church person myself, but I have respect for those in your profession and I have a few things I need to get off my chest. If you don't mind."

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Las Vegas Fun Fair - Come One, Come All!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL