Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 14:08:25
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The Las Vegas Fun Fair - Come One, Come All! Started by: Frankie-Messina on Mar 14, '18 11:30

Tony was making his way around the fair grounds after bumping into a few more people he knew from Las Vegas and elsewhere. He was about to go play another game when a delicious smell caught his attention. It was that of some baked goods and his nose began to pull him in the direction of where these delicious treats must be hiding.

When he came around the corner he spotted a spot where Allera was with lots of good sitting in front of her. He ran over as quick as he could since he knew that she was an amazing cook. 

"Hey Allera! How are you? I hope you're enjoying yourself." Tony looked at the treats in front of him and couldn't even wait for her first reply, "Also, what would suggest I get from this selection of baked goods?"

He anxiously waited for her reply...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

"Isn't this nice?  The community coming together like this?"

The priest nodded and smiled as he held a burger in his hands. It actually felt quite good to be mixing with the locals, and quite literally, 'rubbing shoulders' with some good people. A welcome change and distraction from being a pall-bearer to death's collateral damage.

He'd gotten use to destruction. The quick and often times messy wiping away of what was. Like an old rag, he'd soaked up many a spill in Calabria. If only his clerical collar could tell a story. It was good to finally be relaxing.

As Raconteur spoke, Francis took a bite of his burger. He listened respectfully as more attention was paid to goats. The real and stuffed kind. He assumed Uffa was the one he'd seen earlier, by Frankie's first bit of input. They must really love them here, he thought.

He swallowed before responding, as Raconteur had pressed him for an answer.

"I'd be happy to listen."

He really wanted to say more. About the church specifically and how he may have been better off without their input in his life. But, it would lead to a rant and may just spoil his appetite.

"Come by Joe's Cup. I'll be helping out there it seems. We can have more of a talk then."

He smiled. This is what he enjoyed the most. Just helping others. Being able to carry some of the burden. With or without the church walls surrounding him.

Being in the food section where stalls of many kinds were set up to offer tastes you may not find elsewhere, Francis noticed a kind of scene unfolding as someone looked to have bumped another.

Bringing his attention back to the table, Francesco attempted to carry the conversation forward.

"So what is it with goats over here anyways. Are they just a pet or is Uffa being fattened for a feast?"

The male would sigh, upon the desperate un-needed silence that was being shown between the 3, as the crowd starts to roar from some event...
"What the fu- what is this commotion about...?" He asked. 

Report Post Tip
After going back to the Festival and all the fun, TheButcher spotted this mannequin which was a memorial for the death of alejandro, Butch looked at it smiled and walked calmly

towards it he stood right infront of it kept staring for like fifteen minutes or so, touched it hand, this mannequin was sculpted by the finest artist in Las Vegas so it felt so real,

TheButcher lost his control to remember how did it feels when he was with Alejandro (may he RIP).

Interrupted by DesireeKaira glaring he stopped what he was doing and calmly backed off with his hands in his pockets whistling and looking around like he sid nothing, he saw a

pretty lady standing next to Jaira be walked towards, “hey kaira, who is this beautiful lady, won’t you introduce her!!” The Butcher asked Kaira while looking into UrsulaIguaran

beautiful eyes, with a smile on his face, Kaira rolled her eyes and walked away.

TheButcher followed Kaira grabbing her arm, “So shall we try winning some Teddy Bears”!

It was warm and slightly breezy. I had so much fun at the fun fair, I decided to go again.  I mean can you see it all in one night? After I paid the entrance fee and received my tickets, I  walked through the gates,  scanning to look for anyone I might know ( and to decide what to do first). I chose to go to the side show tents to see if they were really real these so called side shows. I kinda peeked in and  saw some amazing things, but I was not sure they were real. The animal acts were next.. I saw tigers jumping through rings of fire, lions being tamed, and dancing bears (oh my!). 

I was still awed by the trapeze artrists and the tight rope walkers doing their crafts high in the air. I watched the tight rope guy doing some acrobatics on this itty bitty tight rope You could see him wobble a little as he maintained balance Of course with a a pole, or a little umbrella for balence. You would not want this guy to go SPLAT! falling off of that rope.. even the trapeeze artist could not catch him falling like that! The audience Oooo'd and ahh'd with everything that was done, obviously amazed as much as I was.

As Úrsula was walking down the streets of Las Vegas, the city her late father used to live in and had many friends, she heard a man yell for attention, calling

“STEP RIGHT UP LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, DON’T BE SHY!” 

UrsulaIguaran usually wasn’t the person to not be shy, so she decided to observe what was going on from a little distance.

Then the master of ceremony started talking of sights and sounds you’ve never seen or heard before and forbidden wonders from all over the known world, and that made Úrsula’s mind wander off..

She remembered how her late son Aureliano Buendía always used to talk about how his father, Úrsula’s husband José Arcadio, took him to discover ice. It was brought by travelling gypsies with big beards and had a huge impact on how her son had lived his life. He thanked many people that Úrsula remembered from her father’s stories of friendship, comradery, foolishness and fun. By the time the she came back to her senses, @UrsulaIguarán heard the man speak of a Scientific Exhibition Tent, and again, she was reminded of her native town of Macondo. The gypsies always used to bring their own tent as well.. And that one time, that one time they had the ice, the ice Aureliano never forgot.

But this was a very different event. Much more sophisticated. She noticed from seeing Jomes.. Janes.. Jones in an eating competition with Pep-Carpuccio-E001, the perfect gangster created by Prof-V-Jameson, that had even put his novel on coloured sheep down for it. And Shaggs was making silly attempts to proof he was a stronger man than VictoriaValium.. She saw TonyCastelli entering tents he wasn’t supposed to enter, because it was designated to people that had some influence in Vegas. It all made sense to Úrsula, who felt at ease among all these lovely people that her father once knew so well.

A bit further on, Klejnot was in conversation with Dimeeer. They could hardly hear each other as SullivanBlack was yelling and swearing about how rigid the games on offer were. Then Joy crossed Úrsula’s path, having her arm hooked in James’s.

Oh Lord,

Úrsula thought when she noticed the pigtails Joy wore. It made her think back of her worries she had when she lived in present-day Colombia. Her biggest fear had always been that any of her offspring would be born with a pigtail. When she was back in Macondo, there was a limited amount of people to select your partner from.. And Úrsula hated the idea of the slightest possibility being there that there could be a remote chance of connected bloodlines creating offspring carrying pig-tails..

She walked on and saw DesireeKaira, who looked like she had her mind elsewhere, and TheButcher, he was indeed as handsome as she heard in the descriptions her father gave her, chasing each other away from the festival with a couple of knives, then stumbling back, almost running into Úrsula, when DesireeKaira asked.. said

And you are?

Úrsula was polite enough to actually answer that question remark and then went on to look at theButcher dancing., saying

Indeed, that is true love. Independent of the here and now. Unconditional love, not bound to any time, family or city restrictions. What a man, what a beautiful being..

Úrsula stopped commenting, as she thought DesireeKaira may have been jealous of the mannequin doll, when this beautiful man turned around and said

Klejnot hey kaira, who is this beautiful lady, won’t you introduce her!

Úrsula smiled, didn’t know what to say and saw the man of her father’s dreams walk off with DesireeKaira to go bear-hunting. As Úrsula walked on, she thought

What a huge success, this Fun Fair is, I hope it will soon come to our new town of Philadelphia. I am sure Syndicate and Adorkable could make this just as big a success as this one. I should try to inform HenriDucard as soon as possible, he would probably love this kind of set-up.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $150,000 Tip
The man's accent is noticeable, and even though her knowledge of language mannerisms is lacking at best, she can tell he is different from most. The way he speaks doesn't startle her more than how he calls her name nonchalantly, though - how could he possibly know who she was? Had word spread around of her presence in Vegas so quickly? It had only been a month since her arrival... Was it because of her connections to the Tower?

She wanted to ask, but her train of thoughts was interrupted by a new face in the crowd. She makes sure to greet Klejnot politely while simultaneously being afraid of yet another customer to satisfy, but soon enough the man who goes by Dime makes it clear she's just a friend passing by. "I thought it would be nice to set up a little something on my own... Didn't expect it to attract so many people." She smiles a little wider than before. "Maybe I shouldn't have chosen such bright colors as decor... Please, do not worry about me. The last thing I want is to keep you from enjoying the fair."

TonyCastelli shows up next, eager to try out some sweets, and Allera at last feels the knot in her throat dissolve. "I've been expecting you!", she bows her head to him before pointing at a couple treats, one at a time. "This yellow one is called quindim - it's made of eggs and a little bit of coconut. Not for everyone's taste. This one, the dark one, is made with cocoa powder and condensed milk. It's very sweet; children love it. And, of course - I have chocolate chip cookies especially made for you. Take your pick!"

She then turns to the other two, waving them closer with one hand. "You guys feel free to try some out as well. Free of charge!"

Tony smiles at Allera as she explains a few of the options in front of him.

"Well I think I'll try all of the above! I'd rather try it and not like it instead of missing out on something I may end up loving. They all look delicious anyway." Tony picks up one of each while also dropping some cash on the table.

"Even if you were willing to give these out for free, I'd rather see a bit of money be exchanged for your hard work. You can always give it back to the Ivory Tower to help out. Although, you can also go buy something nice for yourself!" Tony chuckles as he looks at the delicious snacks he just picked up. 

Tony finally decides to just try them in the order in which he was introduced to them. He lifts the quindim to his mouth and take a bite. The flavors hit his tastebuds and he is quite impressed at her talents in creating nice treats. Coconut was always something he enjoyed from time to time. The next thing to try was dark but sweet option she had explained to him. "Well I'm quite the child sometimes with what I enjoy eating." he states as he eats it in one bit. 

The sweetness was definitely there as she had warned, but he could definitely understand why people would enjoy this. Although he definitely did not think he could eat too many of them at once. 

"So I think that these chocolate chip cookies are definitely what I've been waiting for." Tony gives her a slight wink and goes on to taste the cookie.

He bites in and just instantly feels happy as they taste just as delicious as he had expected after tasting the first two. "Well that was most definitely worth the wait!"

"Is it alright if I grab a few more cookies? I can go win you a prize of your choice if you'd like! Plenty of games for me to go try out."

I found people I knew! I walked over to them, I did not want to attract attention. I found TonyC and Allera at the food area. Eh, I needed to eat anyways. Smiling at them.. I said..

"what is good"?

Krieger had just disembarked from the Ferris wheel and was walking along enjoying the atmosphere of the event as he came across some familiar faces in front of a sweets booth. He walked over to where  Allera, TonyCastelli, and Frankie-Messina were standing and waved to them as he approached. He was glad to run into some friends and even happier to see that they were conveniently located next to some delicious looking candy.

"Good evening! How are you all doing tonight?"

He looked around and then down at the candy on display.

"Has anyone tried some of this candy yet? any recommendations? It all looks delicious!"

Attracted by the bombardment of all his senses, Giovanni approched the fun fair. It had been years since he had been to such  place. Now he wanted to see all the many different tents and treats, ohh but first he needed to eat something. He set his pace against a food tent.

Alexa had enjoyed her ride on the ferris wheel, she had got to see LV from a different view. She left the ferris wheel after being tempted to ride again in search of a beverage and something to eat.

It had been a busy few days and a well earned break away from the hustle and bustle of Chicago's busy streets was needed, leaving his luxury appartment Isorin instructed his personal friend and bodyguard Kenshei to bring the car around front, from there they would travel to the airport and board Isorin's private plane for the long flight down to Las vegas...

Landing at an airstrip in the middle of nowhere Isorin stepped out into the hot dry Vegas air, a smile instantly appeared on his face as he turned to Kenshei "This is the life, listen can you hear it?" Isorin remarked, "Hear what sir? I can't hear anything" he replied, "Exactly! wonderful isn't it, you can actually hear yourself think here" Isorin said in a vibrant manner glad to be away from all the hecticness at home.

They got into the waiting car and made their way over to TonyCastelli's place, after driving what seemed like an hour but was in fact only about twenty minutes at most they arrived at Tony's place, Kenshei stepped out the car and opened the door for Isorin who promptly clambered out whilst wiping the sweat from his brow, "Thank you Kenshei that will be all for now, go get yourself a nice cool drink I'll call if I need you" Isorin watched Kenshei disappear then made his way towards Tony who had come outside to meet him, "Appologies for the delay in getting here it's been a busy week, but better late than never I guess, let's go have some fun".

There was a lot of hype around this fun fair that was going on in Las Vegas, hell word even spread all the way out to the east coast. The streets here were bustling with conversations about how magnificent of an event was going on in the wonderful city of Las Vegas. Best part about it herself along with a bunch of others in New York had gotten personalized invitations from the lady in charge Frankie-Messina

It did take a little while to organize the travel arrangements along with making sure to leave the proper people watching over the city. You know what they say, that when the cats are away the mice will play. It was a catchy phrase her mother used to tell her when she was younger, she never truly understood it though until she herself became older. 

Anyways it once all the proper personal were in place. Insomnia, Eraser, Briya, ReignMan, Lucky, BumbleBee, @Maadix_Cruz, Obito, Petah, JackyDawson and herself got on a private plane and headed out to Vegas. They all drank the entire plane ride, all 4 hours of it so needless to say by the time they got to Vegas they were all quite feeling good.

They had a bus waiting on them at the airport which took them directly to the fair. Insomnia was the first one off the bus and went sprinting into the fair. It must have reminded him of his childhood, cause he immediately went over to the game. His head whipped back and fourth as he was deciding which game to play. By this time the rest of the New York crowd made their ways off the bus. The guy went off in a different direction as they all got a whiff of food. The long trip from New York made them all quite hungry. 

Briya and Bubbles on the other hand went over to watch Insomnia. He had settled on the milk bottle toss game. 

“I think you should win Briya and myself one of those big unicorns, that’s if you can!”

You can almost see the determination set into his mind, as he looked back at the ladies. 

“Two giant unicorns you say? That will be easy, I can do that with my eyes closed.” 

Bubbles smiled and laughed before speaking.

”Ok, let’s see this magical milk bottle knocker over skills you have.”

Frankie genuinely liked Raconteur - the more she got to know him, the more he felt a part of her family.  She made a mental note to talk with Sully about his advancement sometime soon.  

She listened to the two men talking as she ate some of her lunch and then when the topic of Uffa came up she looked to the Gangsterpriest, "Uffa is a pet.  A very dear pet actually and no one will be eating her today or any day soon contrary to the people who seem to think it's very funny to make such jokes.  SullivanBlack thinks I haven't noticed the wide variety of goats who have come and gone through my home, as if I'm blind to their markings and sex... apparently he doesn't realize my people on my Mother's side are goat herders in the old country."  She shakes her head.

"I know damn well Tony probably paid for a goat farm outside town so the goats could live in comfort and be safely rotated in and out as needed."  She said with confidence, declaring FINALLY that she did know the goats were different... unfortunately, she was under the delusion they were living out their lives happily on a farm... and not dead.

"I love them all... they are all Uffa in my opinion.  Uffa is a statement of Tony's devotion to me and so, no one will ever hurt her or they will be answering to me."  She bit the last of her corndog with a violent intent and winked at the guys as she chewed.

Report Post Tip

Briya and Brancer made their way down the midway, Briya often holding up their progress to point and comment excitedly at this or that. She smirked and whispered all the tricks of the trade into Brancer's ear as they passed several of the game booths. It brought back memories to be here after spending her childhood working the midways of America with her gypsy clan. She was never allowed to play, though...the closest she got to the games was when she pickpocketed the people playing them. They got to the balloon pop, and Briya stopped Brancer with a tug on his arm. 

'Try that one," she suggested as the hawker showed how 'easy' the game was, lazily tossing his handful of darts towards the wall and popping balloons every time, often without even looking. 

The two approached, and Brancer laid down some cash. In turn, the man smiled his greasy smile and laid down three darts for him to use.

"One pop wins the top!" He said, pointing at the top shelf gifts, which included rather large, stuffed versions of Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Felix the Cat. Brancer reached for the darts and Briya stayed his hand with hers.

"He'd like the ones in your hand, please. For luck. No rules against that, right?" She winked at the carnie, whose smile melted away like butter under a hot sun. He was caught, and he knew it. Underinflated balloons simply don't pop when a dart as dull as a butter knife strikes them. Surrendering the sharper ones in his hand, he offered them to Brancer.

"Good luck, Sir! Like you need it," he murmured, that last part under his breath.

Every since they had entered the gates to the fair Brancer had noticed a look of nostalgia in Briya's face. It was great to get to see the place through the eyes of someone who knew the ins and outs. The excitement and sounds everywhere where delightful. The way Briya could explain away the different games was great. Though honestly he was content just to have her close by no matter what it was she was whispering in his ear. 

"Darts?" He said as they walked over to the booth. He watched the man throw the darts and pop a few balloons. Simple enough it seemed. As he pulled out his money clip and laid down a buck, he looked up at the top shelf gifts. "One pop?" He said looking over to the carnie as he reached out for the darts.

When Briya grabbed onto his hand Brancer tilted his head a bit and looked over to her. When she asked for the other dart's it began to click with him what she was up to exactly.

"Always was a superstitious type." He said giving the man a smile to replace the one that had melted off the carnie's face. He grabbed the new darts and and looked at one noticing the almost needle like tip to the dart. Brancer took his time on the first dart before throwing it to a balloon on the top left. 

POP

He then quickly released the last two one after the other. 

POP, POP

"Winner! Winner!" The man shouted out towards the people in the crowd walking by them. He was at least going to hope to attract some others to make up for the loss. He went to fetch the darts and before turning around you could already see the fake look of excitement turn bitter. At least his barking had worked cause there were a few people stopping to watch and get in line. 

Brancer looked over to Briya and shook his head laughing. "Not used to winning many of these games. So, Mickey, Minnie, or Felix. What a choice." He said smiling over at her.

"THREE POPS, THREE WINS!" The carnie shouted loud enough for people in the next county to hear. Even more people lined up, and his bitter expression was now a distant memory.

"Oh. Well, one of each, then!" Briya chirped happily, then watched as he used a pole hook to pull down the stuffed characters. Grinning and with her arms now full, Briya turned and looked around. Spotting a frustrated mother who was struggling to corral her two children, she walked over and presented Mickey and Minnie to her daughter and son. The mother tried to reimburse for the toys with a strand of tickets in her hand, but Briya insisted.

"You're doing me a favor. My hands are already full with Brancer here. I mean Felix," she grinned, heading back over to her Left Hand. Gazing down the midway, she couldn't decide on what she wanted to do next. The sensory overload was almost too much to bear...smells from the food vendors competed for dominance...oil from the French fry and onion ring vats, burgers and hot dogs on open grills, even the cotton candy had a distinctive smell of warm, spun sugar.

"Are you hungry? I could eat...but I also want to do THAT," she said, looping her arm through Brancer's and pointing skywards at the Ferris Wheel, spinning its slow revolutions as she watched.

"Actually, you should pick something! It's your turn," she smiled up at him.

"One of each," Brancer repeated smiling at Briya then looking over to the man working the booth. As the man turned to get the prizes down, Brancer looked around at the crowd of people wanting their shot at the large stuffed characters. He figured the man would make a killing once Briya and him stepped away from the booth. 

Watching Briya hand over the stuffed Mickey and Minnie to the children was something else. He didn't know why, but he had never thought of her in that light. The way she interacted with the children. That is, he was used to seeing her talk someone like the mother down from what she wanted to do. Brancer thought what was best was the smile the mom gave to her kids and the excitement they had when Briya turned and was walking back to him.  He just smirked and looked back into Briya's eyes as she walked back over. He decided not to say anything about it. 

"Food does sound pretty good right about now, but" he said as he followed her arm and looked  to the Ferris wheel staring for a moment. "I really want to see what that thing there is all about as well. I've always loved the Ferris wheel." His arm holding her close looped through hers. He looked down at her and returned the smile.

"I'm really excited to see the fireworks though as well." He glanced down at his beautiful Reservo watch that Briya had sold to him back when she first opened up Be-Jeweled. "We have plenty of time though. Lets make our wave over to the line." As they walked through the crowd Brancer had to take mental note to keep looking up at the Ferris wheel. He was getting far too easily distracted, and possibly regretting not grabbing food with all the smells that were hitting him as they passed a few of the food vendors set up near the base of the Ferris wheel. 

As they found their way to the line, which luckily wasn't terrible, Brancer started laughing and shaking his head. He looked over at Briya who was obviously curious why he had the sudden outburst. "Those people that lined up after us at the balloon pop? They are going to think I was some dart throwing champion when they all throw duds one after the other."

"You're right, they will. There's a sucker born every minute, as P.T. Barnum said," she said as they approached the Ferris wheel. The smell of diesel fumes was oddly intoxicating.

"This should be interesting," she murmured, holding onto Felix the Cat in one arm while holding onto Brancer with the other. "I guess I should be okay, I have an apartment on the twelfth floor, so I shouldn't be afraid of heights, right?" She asked, staring skyward again as the ticket taker accepted theirs and guided them into a car. Briya flinched when the safety bar snapped loudly into place and scooted even closer to Brancer.

"It's just a ride. It's just a ride," she chanted as the car swung upwards and outwards into the growing darkness. Briya nearly yipped as they swung forward and back; eventually the car settled, and she did, too. Near the top, though, the wheel slowed to let others on, and they were suspended there in an eerie silence among the flashing lights. Briya opened her mouth to say something when fireworks sudden exploded overhead, and in a true reaction of who she really was, she reached for her gun, all the nerves and fear suddenly gone.

When a waterfall of purples, blues, and greens fell like teardrops above them, she laughed at herself, perhaps sounding like the child she'd once been...

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Las Vegas Fun Fair - Come One, Come All!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL