Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 04:18:46
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Piggy Bank's Worth - (An Ivory Tower Adventure) Started by: SullivanBlack on Mar 17, '18 06:41

Rain... It was fucking raining, again... The desert was supposed to be arid and dry, but it seemed like Nevada had a sense of humor when it came to the climate. Sullivan had been alone in the Tower all day (to his knowledge), and he'd managed to get quite a bit done. Matty's desk looked bare, so he'd added a plant to give it some color. Frankie's desk was disparagingly dull, and he added some photos of Uffa to make her laugh the next time she entered. He made sure to include photos of the many different Uffa's, purposely to see if she noticed the changes finally. Lastly, he hung a family portrait...

Frankie-Messina sat in her chair in the middle, Sully on her right and Matty on her left. Allera glared at Sully while his arm draped over her shoulders, an impish smile across his face. Matty seemed to be scowling at him in the photo as well. deebeezie stood off to the side, hands in his pockets and relaxed, while Rat_Smiley grinned wide with his greedy little hands holding on to a piece of cheese. There was even a bit of cheese in his mouth, and one could almost see his whiskers of a mustache twitch as he chewed. MJ stood behind Frankie with her arms draped over their Don's shoulders. Tommy_Franco had his nick name "Rusty" signed on the corner since he'd taken the photo. He was the family's longest standing associate and friend. Pretty much everyone knew Rusty worked for The Ivory Tower.

As Sullivan placed the framed portrait on the nail in the wall he heard a light tapping coming from downstairs. Straightening the picture quickly, he turned and snatched his jacket off of his chair and swung it around his arms. The tapping continued as he came down the stairs, his footsteps echoing in the stairwell.

"Coming... I'm coming..." he yelled to the person knocking.

He synched his tie up to his neck and buttoned his jacket before opening the door wide, ready to meet whoever was banging on it eye to eye.

"Welcome to the...Ivory......Tower?" His gaze drifted down toward the child that stood at the doorway. "Um... Hi kid." His brow perked but he squatted down to meet the boy eye to eye. "You lost in this gale? C'mon in kid. We can at least let you dry off."

The boy, roughly nine, shivered in the cold.

"I heards ya were mafia... My momma tol' me so's. Tol' me, 'STAY AWAY FROM DEM TOWER PEOPLES, THEY BE THE DEVIL'. Well...well... DAMMIT IT ALL! I need me a devil on my side!"

The kid marched into the lounge, pushing passed Sullivan and hopped on to one of the couches... Sullivan made a rotten face, his lips pulling up. He was fairly certain that couch had been "used" the night before without a proper cleaning. Oh well, too fucking late now. Sully made his way over to the -other- couch and took a seat, crossing his legs and resting his arm on the couch, his other hand tapping at his leg as he debated on how to handle the situation at hand. The door slammed shut and the kid jumped and turned, staring. Sully only imagined he expected his mother.

"Don't worry, kid. It's on a lever. Shuts itself. Kind of loud though. So, you heard we're the mafia, hmm? I can't say that's the case, but... You seem to have and issue, and we here at The Ivory Tower tend to handle issues... So, what's the deal, kid? Need someone to come talk to your dad or something? He being to hard on you about your chores?"

The boy glared, "Don't take me fer stupid, mister. I know who's ya are. And no, it ain't my dad! It's Butch Laney! He's a bigger kid at school, and he's been pickin' on me and my friends!"

Sully perked a brow. "Are you coming to The Tower and asking us to lean on this Butch Laney for you? To make him lay off? Kid... The best thing for you to do is kick his a-"

Sully got cut off quickly...

"I HAVE MONEY!" the boy yelled, and thrust his piggy bank towards Sullivan. He couldn't keep a straight face as his lips burst apart in laughter, doubling over.

"Kid, I like you. What's your name?"

"Jimmy."

"Your last name?"

"Holland."

"Well, Mr. Holland. Keep your money. I happen to know a few fellas who'd be more than willing to help you out with your bully problem. I'll make sure Mr. Laney leaves you alone. Now, get yourself home before your mother has a heart attack wondering where you are in this storm. I can have someone drop you off a few blocks away from home if you'd like, so you don't get in -too- much trouble."

Jimmy nodded, "Gee thanks, Mister Ivory. That would be great!"

Sully busted out laughing again. "Actually, the names Black. Mr. Black."

"Then why are you called the Ivory Tower?"

With a smile, Sully ushered the boy off the couch and to the door. "That, my young Mr. Holland, is a long story for another day, perhaps when you're older and decide to see what it is we truly do here." The door opened, and Sully waved one of the guards over. "Drive this boy home, and round anyone up who wants to lean on a bully... For a friend of ours."

The guard nodded and took the boy by the hand, "Goodbye Mr. Black!"

"Goodbye Mr. Holland."

The door shut again, and Sullivan made his way to the bar and grabbed the phone, dialing Harvey.

"Hey Quinn. Get a hold of Andy_Campo , Raconteur , Sottaceti , Relwof , Tommy_Franco , hell, get anyone who will answer. I got a job if someone's interested. Need someone willing to scare a kid bully straight."

Sully scoffed, "Yes I'm fucking serious! Do it... before I add you to the list after the bully. And tell them to meet me here at HQ."

He slammed the phone down and poured himself a drink. Hopefully this job would at least drum up some fun for the crew...

Report Post Tip

Andy just finished running some errands and made his way home. He ate something and started to leasen to the radio. Suddenly the phone rang and he quickly runs to answer :"Yes?... Hello Quinn. What's the matter? Sullivan has a job? I'm on my way!" Andy slams the phone down in a hurry, put's on his suit and fedora than he reaches for the keys.

After a ten minute drive he reaches the tower. He makes his way to the bar where he spots Sullivan. Andy takes a sit near him:"Hey Sully. I heard you were looking for me. What you need me for?" In the mean time Andy orders an glass of scotch.

Report Post Tip

I was in the area and I see Andy practically running towards Sully's office or in that area of the Towers. I knew what that meant, so I went with him, after greeting him quickly. Pouring myself a wiskey, I slam it back, careful not to slam it on Sully's table, and have glass spew everywhere.  My eyes met Sully's.  ( as you look at people when you speak to them, especially the higher ups)

"Greetings, Sully. I hear there is a showdown, and I wanted to offer my services, wherever they may be needed, if I may be of service, of course."

Report Post Tip

Raconteur was lying down in his room and stewing over a few bad rolls of the dice when his phone rang. He hurried to pick it up, expecting to hear from one of his contacts about a deal to be made. He grinned a bit when he heard Quinn's voice. "I'll be there right away."

He felt a thrill as he gathered up his things and rushed out the door. A message from Sullivan meant work and risks alongside the rest of the tower and that meant excitement.

He slowed and eased his way through the door, not wanting to cause a commotion. Seeing Andy and MJ already here, he slid onto a seat alongside the group, turning immediately to SullivanBlack. "You called, sir?"

Report Post Tip

Sully sipped on his drink waiting, Andy making it through the door first.

"Mr. Campo, always pleasure. There's a job... A small one, but one none the less. However, I'd like to wait to see if a few more associates jump for the chance to do a job for us. Gaining favor and such." As he smiled, the door opened again. This time it was MJ making it through the door.

"Ah, and the lovely Miss MJ. Yes, there's a job, and a place for you. However, have a drink and let's see if..."

He was cut off by the door opening again, Raconteur making his way over to the group. "You called, sir?"

Sully chuckled and set his drink down, looking between the three. Two associates and one family member. This could turn out better than he thought.

"Well, it's an odd job, this one. Just about an hour ago I had a young man, easily no older than nine, knock on our door seeking help. He offered me his piggy bank. Well. I don't want to take a nine year old's saved coins. I don't know about you. However..."

Sullivan paused and looked between them once again, taking a sip from his glass.

"The boy, Mr. Holland, and his friends have been getting bullied by a Butch Laney. He's older, picking on the younger kids. Mr. Holland wanted to teach Mr. Laney a lesson. So here's what I figure we'd do..."

He cleared his throat and tugged a chair up, butting the rear against the table and sitting in it backward.

"Two of you go and talk with the parents. A real, normal, sit down. Take it easy on them, but let them know there's been some trouble with their boy picking on the younger students. Lean on whoever you need to so you can find them. Can't be too many Laney's with a Butch for a son. I could be wrong though. Anyway, -one- of you can head to the school and have a sit down with Butch. Maybe give him a good fright and let him know you're watching him. Regardless, I expect you to make sure you tale him for a few days and keep an eye on our friend, Mr. Holland."

Sully shrugged. "It's kids. Not like we can just march in and beat the shit out of them. But we can scare them straight."

He downed the rest of his drink.

"Talk it out between the three of you and then tell me what you've come up with, capisce?"

Sully stood and meandered over to the windows looking out into the world. He'd give them some time to discuss what their course of action would be. He gave them the job, it was up to them to figure out how it would work.

Report Post Tip

Andy clears his throat and says:"Well I could go to the svhool and have a chat with the principal. I know that school so it will be easier for all of us." Andy looks at Sully, Raconteur and MJ waiting for an reply as he drinks some water.

Report Post Tip

Hearing Sully speak like this was a mediocre job, it did not matter to me, a job was a job. I could inagine in my head talking tp the boy at school, but taking him away at recess out of anyone's view.  I would be like taking candy from a baby, and he would tell me the honest truth.Looking at the other two, I decide to hit the indivdual boy. I am pretty sure I can make him talk. How does that sound guys? 

Report Post Tip

Straightening out a school bully wasn't even something he would have considered as a possibility when he was rushing here, not that Raconteur minded. It would be a nice change of pace. He felt confident that it would be a smooth job listening to the other two and smiled as he chimed in.

"I'd be more than happy to go speak with Butch's parents. The Laney's are probably fine upstanding folks whose kid is going through a tough time too. I'm sure they'll be understanding."

He'd never been a counselor before but really, how hard could it be?

Report Post Tip

Sullivan yawned a bit... A lazy day for certain as he stared out into the overcast, rainy city. He turned, assuming the three had talked it out some between themselves, and made his way back to the bar area.

"Alright. Someone tell me the plan of action. Who's going to speak with the parents, who's going to the kiddo? Let's see how civilly we can come to a conclusion for this easy time job... Also, I'll pay all three of you handsomely. The worth of young Mr. Holland's piggy bank is one of the most precious and valuable commodities we can have. Support and trust from the community of Summerlin, and all of Vegas. If the community is with us, then the government and it's straight and narrow can rightfully go and fuck themselves. So remember! Though it may seem like a small, insignificant job, it -must- be handled with care."

Sully chuckled, grabbing his empty glass and pouring himself another before offering the whiskey to all that might partake.

Report Post Tip

Andy get's up and says:"Well Sullivan, we talked this out and we decied that Raconteur will go and speak with the parents, I will have a chat with the principal and MJ could try and speak directly to the boy.For me it sounds like we have a plan!"

Report Post Tip

Sullivan's lips curled up into a wicked smirk. "That sounds perfect to me. Make it happen."

He nodded to each of the three as he dismissed them.

Report Post Tip

´Call the principal and order him too close the school for 2 days since there are coming in killer-shooter and then its best the school are empty´

Report Post Tip

Frankie follows Whoops into her headquarters, as he walks into a private meeting he wasn't invited to be a part of. 

"Whoops of New York, right?  You're from Don Briya's crew the 7% Solution?  How can The Ivory Tower help you?"  She looks over her shoulder to her bodyguard.  "Carmine, get Mr. Whoops here a drink, I want our guest to feel comfortable."

She turns to Whoops.  "I'm sure there must be a VERY urgent matter that Don Briya sent you to talk with us about?  After all, you just flew all the way from New York to Las Vegas & walked into my HQ uninvited and crashed a meeting that had nothing to do with you.  So, please - by all means - tell me what's the reason for your startling and abrupt interruption of our business is?"

Report Post Tip

Walks forward to Frankie and says; Sorry for interrupt you in here, just wanted to ahve some fun but now realize I did wrong, hope nothing hard feelings exist because of my step a bit wrongly, wont do so again.

Report Post Tip

Frankie smiles at Whoops.  "Hey, don't worry about it, I was just worried something was happening that we needed to address right away." 

She looks to SullivanBlack "Sully, if we have something going on in the future that Mr. Whoops can be a part of... why don't we shoot him an invitation.  I don't mind making use of good resources and Don Briya and I are on good terms.  I'm sure she'd love to see her people making cash out here in Sin City."

She turns back to Whoops. "You can feel free to contact me privately about any jobs that we might be getting ready to do.  We tend to plan these things in advance and always welcome new people to come help us out - but we definitely appreciate a little advance warning so everyone has something to contribute on the team, and we can make sure the experience is a positive one for everyone involved."

Report Post Tip

Sullivan smiled at Whoops and Frankie-Messina with a chuckle. "By all means, boss. I have no problem reaching out and using the best people for a job. Of course," he turned to Whoops.

"I do have to offer first priority to our family members. I do hope you understand?" He kept with the smiles. Deep down there might be aggravation, especially considering he'd specifically said handle it CIVILLY. As in, no killer-shooter situations. Regardless, you wouldn't be able to tell he was even the slightest bit annoyed (because it really wasn't that bad anyway).

"Actually... I might have something. My, we'll call her a friend, got a coupon from your Don, Briya. Would you kindly tell her that I plan to visit New York on my own business soon and I'd like to cash in on that invitation none the less? I do quite enjoy that young Romanian." Still all smiles, that Mr. Black was. He cocked his head to the side and awaited a response from Whoops.

Report Post Tip

The door creaked open as Tommy made his way out of the storm, peeling his rain-soaked trench-coat off and placing it on the coat rack by the door along with his hat. Walking further into the family's headquarters, he saw a whole collection of people, including a face that he didn't recognize. Taking a quick swig of his flask, he proceeded to light up a cigarette and take a seat with the group.

"Hey, how's everybody doing? Don Francesca, I took care of that thing for you, our associate in Florida sends his regards."

He paused, taking a long drag of his cigarette and looking around at all of the quizzical looks, puzzled as to what was going on.

"What? What's so funny? You all look like I'm wearing a kick-me sign or something..."

Report Post Tip

Sullivan had stopped, mid lift of his glass to his lips with his mouth steadily agape, staring and blinking at Tommy. He stood there, still as could be while Tommy took a seat, almost as if he was frozen; aside from his eyelids which continued to bat in confusion.

After what possibly seemed an eternity to some, Sullivan -finally- lowered his glass and addressed Tommy_Franco to break the befuddled silence.

"Rusty... Where the -FUCK- have you been? I swear Frankie sent you on that job a decade ago! You don't answer, you don't call?!" He chuckled then stopped abruptly and looked back at Tommy, his brows furrowed and his lips pulled tightly to one side.

"Did you even get a call from Harvey? If not I might have to kick his ass..." Sullivan looked somewhere between irritated and quizzical. After a second of thought, he shook his head and grinned.

"Glad to have you back in the old headquarters though! I need my cook. Anyway, got a kid that showed up having trouble with another kid at school bullying him. Sent Andy, MJ, and Raconteur to handle that."

He finally took the drink he'd been meaning to when Tommy walked in, downing the whole thing and setting the glass back on the bar heavily; the ice tingling in the glass as he did so.

"Then Mr. Whoops made his way in here, and Frankie followed. Seeing if he can tell his boss that I've got business in New York soon and I'd like to take a look at her store."

He looked and nodded at Whoops, waiting for a moment to see if he'd answer but when he didn't yet, Sully looked back at Tommy.

"Anyway... I'm waiting for those three to come back and report. However, I have a sinking feeling I know what the verdict will be. If it's what I fear, then we may have some trash to take out and some research done too. Both of which you're good with, capisce? Stick around and I may have a job for you."

Sully smacked Tommy on the shoulder and turned around, washing his glass and setting it out to air dry on the square of perforated counter top that drained into the sink.

Report Post Tip

Sullivan sighed as he made his way to the windows again, waiting on Raconteur , MJ , and Andy_Campo to make it back with their reports on the day's job...

Report Post Tip
It wouldn't help anyone to come in still wanting to rip heads off. Raconteur stopped outside the door and took a few deep breaths before he pushed it open. He had done what he could hadn't he? Regardless he probably was in for a sleepless night. He entered and walked right past Sullivan.

After reaching the bar he found a bottle of whiskey and looked at a glass. It wasn't that kind of day. He took the bottle to a seat and took a long draw. Once he ran out of breath he sat the bottle on the bar and gasped lungfuls of burning air. The sting helped focus his thoughts on the present and he realized he had yet to speak to Sullivan.

"Butch has reason to be angry. His father is a mean drunk and had knocked around everything in the house including his wife. She's at the clinic getting checked out and he's either peeling himself off the floor or if he's lucky someone found him and got him to a hospital for his accident. Busted up his face pretty bad." He pushed away the bottle with a sudden disgust. "He couldn't seem to stop falling and hitting his head." His voice dropped to a ragged growl as he wished Mrs. Laney would have been out of the room at the time. "Hard. I had one of my guys keep an eye on the place in case his wife goes back. If he tries anything like that again we'll know quick."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Piggy Bank's Worth - (An Ivory Tower Adventure)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL