Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 16:22:41
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What keeps you awake at night? Started by: Insomnia on Mar 22, '18 22:29

It was another long and tiring day in the city that never slept. The city had begun to look like one of those black and white zombie flicks that were starting to become a popular commodity in the cinema. 

Insomnia had noticed this today and often wondered to himself what made folks so tired, never knowing behind the scenes what took such a toll on peoples lives making them this way. Insomnia knew all to well the struggles of sleep deprivation and finding yourself able to shut off that switch in your mind, allowing yourself to sleep. But not everybody has the same reasons and he knew the only way to get an idea was to ask various opinions in the community and address the topic in the streets.

Lighting up a cigarette to calm his nerves Insomnia takes a long drag before exhaling, scanning the crowd over he sits down hunched over on one of the nearby soapboxes. He lets out a cough, clearing his throat of tar before beginning to speak.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! I've come out here today looking to ask each and everyone of you listening a question if I may. What exactly keeps you awake at night? I've personally noticed what once kept me awake at night is now the lesser of my worries and something entirely different is now what keeps me tossing and turning at night. I won't go on about the past but I'll give my current situation of what's keeping me at a loss of sleep."

Insomnia starts to rub his knee until hearing it make a crackling sound, he winces realizing his old age was finally catching up to him. His body was becoming more fragile and sore by the day.

"I've recently come to realize my time in this life is very limited and short. I'm no longer the young man running around chasing old ladies for their purses. Shit has definitely changed over the time, I no longer dread meeting my end but find myself fearing I wont accomplish everything I've set out to make for those I truly care for. Most nights now I find myself laying there staring at the ceiling in bed wishing I had gotten around to this or that, never feeling accomplished with what I've done in life.  Almost like whatever I do the mails and new projects or headaches just continuously stack up becoming very draining on the mind and body."

Insomnia scratches his head pausing, realizing he had nothing more to say. Standing up he stretches his hands upwards towards the sky. Lifting his arms back down he cups his fist over the mouth, yawning into it while checking his breathe.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $2,000,000 Tip

Rat listens intently to the words of one who has been around far longer than himself.

"That's pretty scary to think about."  Ray shakes his head to clear his thoughts.

"I'm usually too exhausted to stay awake in bed.  But I will tell you what I worry about most days.  Smart cops, fast vics, venereal disease and an increase on the prices of imported cheeses at the stores."

Rat smiles a broad grin.

"Not the profound fears that time may one day give me, but they are mine."

He looks around to see if anyone else will add to the conversation.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $150,000 Tip

Not far from where one person was speaking on debates, Olivia found Godfather Insomnia standing on a soapbox asking a thoughtful question – what is it that keeps you awake at night?

This question gave the young woman pause. Olivia loved to sleep, probably more than anything else. Sleep was a silent safe place where she could retreat when all the world seemed to be in chaos. So, truthfully, there were very few things that would keep Olivia awake at night.

But that wasn’t to say that she didn’t have her sleepless nights. No, Oliva had had her fair share of those, so how could she explain it those standing around? She thought silently to herself for a few moments before speaking up.

“I adore sleep. Like, so much that most times, I can fall asleep anywhere at any time. Sleep is a wonderful, magical thing that should never be taken for granted. So, on nights when sleep is alluding me, well, those are the nights when my brain must truly be at war with itself, refusing to turn off no matter how hard I try.

The things that keep me awake at night are similar to what you’ve already mentioned. I worry about my friends and loved ones. I worry if I’ve done something to put them in danger or to disappoint them. I worry about their safety and well-being, as we all know our lives are fleeting in this thing of ours.

Other nights, if I can’t sleep, it’s usually because I’m doubting myself. Could I have done something differently, handled a situation differently? I relive past choices over and over again, thinking of all the different routes I could have taken and the possible outcomes.

Luckily, these sorts of nights really are rare for me. Lately, I've been content to know that I have lived the day to the best of my ability and sleep allows me the chance to start fresh the following day. Sometimes learning to let go is the best sort of cure for a restless night." 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Bud clears his throat out of habit. He cracks a smile. With in this moment his mind flows with thoughts and questions. The typical thing that keeps him up all night. The fantasy within this life that we are share.

"Truthfully. I get caught up within my thoughts and ambition. Everyone wants to be the best they can be and this desire to acheive greatness stirs up all types of questions. This doesnt end at night. Hell, the best I could do is force my eyes shut and hope to God that I fall asleep. Unfortunately life is a bitch and keeps me going twenty-four seven. I'd say the only say to satisfy this thirst for life is to experience what we dream. That way we may come to a new route of power."

Bud looks around and begins to laugh. 

"I'm, sure I'm not the only one who wishes to achieve what we want. Well, I'll add another question to my list and add a few extra hours to my night. I appreciate the thought Godfather Insomnia, really made me thing here."

Bud smiles and pulls out his flask of vodka. He raises it in the air.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Francis noticed a crowd had been growing during one of his usual trips around the Streets. He'd just finished speaking with a sharp looking man who wanted to discuss some religious topics. It turned into more of a short confessional, as they usually did.

Even without his church attire, civilians figured he was still someone to ease their burdens. Like carrying part of the load for them, he walked away from each conversation a little heavier. A little more informed, but that too he found to be a dangerous slope. It was in his mind, a double edged sword, and he was just waiting for it to cut his fingers off.

After listening to others speak ok the topic, he threw his hat into the circle. Kind of literally, as a gust of wind scooped it up off his head and tossed it a few feet in front of him. As another handed it back to the once loyal man of the cloth, he spoke up.

"I tend to wonder if my way of life, my character, will do me in at some point. To be someone who sticks out like I do, it's a little like just waiting to be in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Don't get me wrong. I enjoy bringing my Vision to my city, to The Ivory Tower and to the people. I enjoy bumping into so many who offer me more than just a hug and a handshake, as these interactions turn into moments of generosity in the form or hard moola as a thank you. Cheddar, as Rat would say. Which of course, goes to a good cause."

Francesco nodded and smiled at the one who handed him his now dusty fedora. He chose to just hold it and deal with it after he was done speaking.

"I enjoy knowing who's who, especially when the Durden gang comes rolling into town. But I still can't help but worry someone might just take a pot shot at me because I stick out of the crowd like a nun in a cat house."

He mused on that a second, amused. He may just find a need to visit Block 16 back in Vegas for the sheer curiosity of seeing what it was all about.

"I worry I might catch a bullet like some catch a cold. And although I've wrestled the topic of death before, I'd rather mine not come by some madman out to shoot up the first he recognizes in his local vicinity."

After his input, Francis slapped the black fedora against his right thigh a few times then placed it back on his head. He dug his hands into his pockets and stayed to hear what others had to to say. Like all things that made us human, this intrigued him.

Report Post Tip

She'd be there, just passing by time, because... She needs to get a hold of herself and get to know people, even if that means socializing... 

"Bonjour.~" She couldn't think of any other way to start it off. "It's not really what keeps me up, but I do like writing articles, it's my job, my hobby, my life. Anything that I can get on what has happened in France, I can expose the devils that fucking set out to kill me." She tried not to sound sly, but it usually happens, god why couldn't her voice be more friendly, not suspicious...

"On cold nights, I'd look to the stars, try to get a feeling of what to write, what's important at hand, I think of an event, I look up into the stars, and if I don't see it there, I write it down. All of those which goes to the press, the local press. "Sleeping... Is a non-factor, I go sleepless at least thrice (YES, THRICE.) a week, harboring the thoughts that rush through my mind." If she had to go deep and be sensitive to understand, she'll do it all. 

To be understood.

Report Post Tip

Frankie couldn't help but pause at seeing Godfather Insomnia in the streets.  She listens to what he and other say before putting her own thoughts in order to speak.  The truth was pretty simple, late at night she thought about TonyDicaprio dying alone, without her... but she wouldn't own that in front of these strangers.  It was personal and too painful.  The other thing though, she'd admit that.

"I spend a lot of time worrying that something I do, or don't do, will cause my family to fall prematurely.  That my inability to see ahead of us, or what's happening around us, will cause something to go unaddressed and land my people in early graves."  She adjusts her large hat atop her head.  "It's one thing to worry about your own ass, but when you know your fuck ups could kill a lot of good people - well, that's as good a reason to not sleep as I can think of."

Unless something else is said to her, Frankie tips her hat respectfully and walks on.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

She heard bits of pieces of what she heard from Frankie, Creation herself really isn't in mind taking what everyone has sound, apart from 'your fucks sups could kill a lot of good'... She had to ask the question. "I don't know if you'd take offense to this..." She raised her voice, just not wanting to be ignored. "...But who did you end up getting killed by the fuck-ups? I have been on these streets for that long of a time, so bear the question. Who?"

Report Post Tip

Frankie heard Creation speak and stopped to reply.  "Godfather Insomnia asked us what keeps us awake at night.  I replied that my fear of making a mistake which could get people killed, is what keeps me up.  So far as I am aware, I have not yet made a mistake which has gotten anyone killed - but the fear of doing so, that is enough to make a girl restless.  Sorry if I was unclear."

Report Post Tip

"That's quite alright, je vous remercie. Please, have a good day madame." She looked back down at herself, fighting the nerve to write what she has heard down on her paper. 

Report Post Tip

Bud nods to everyone speaking. 

"Don't be afraid. Do what you want my friend. This life isn't to be wasted, everything that comes your way achieve it. You'll regret it afterwards. My ancestors have been cut down and down again. Though we just keep coing back. Thats the only way we can sleep safely at night. Congratulation all around. Wiseguy and Godfather.

Report Post Tip

It’s an understandable thought Frankie-Messina. With all due respect, it’s almost motherly and in that sense speaks of your care for those under your wings. However those under your care mature at some point and you should be able to let go off that motherly concern that keeps you up at night. Eventually you don’t want your people to learn not to fall, but rather have them jump far. Dream - while smiling - off what they’ll reach instead of staying awake pondering over what might happen, which will happen to all eventually anyway.

I think you have a very clear motivation to engage people on this side of the law, which is admirable and I think people appreciate you for that. Continue on the path that you can shape, instead of be wary of those ways that you can’t.

With that remark, that is what keeps me up at night. Well not literally, but it’s one of my thoughts when pondering this life we live. Walking the paths shaped by hundreds before me, is that really gonna get me anywhere worthwhile? I believe that in this life you actually have to shape your own path instead of just standing around and follow the crowd. And there are days where it scares me to recognise that I am just standing around and staring.

Report Post Tip

Boobs...majestic sweet funbags that are oh so glorious in all their being. 

BadWolf looks at the people around him glaring he shugs his shoulders nd sips on his coffe

Report Post Tip

TM finds himself among  some of the most esteemed colleagues in the world of organized crime, listening to thought provoking words from the wise Godfather Chairman Insomnia. A man who's mere presence could snap even the most preoccupied mobsters attention, they dare not to speak until the man was finished, and some time well passed to let what they heard sink in. As others begin to step up and begin to answer the godfathers question he can only find a moment to lean against a street post and listen.

A smile coming to his face, from what he could hear sleep depravity and the life we all lived walked hand in hand. TM knew this intimately, seeing many a time people caught napping. And the horrific consequences of  a nap at the wrong time. As he continued to listen he continued to ponder the question at hand, comparing his own experiences to the words of wise colleagues trying to find the answer for himself. It wasnt the durdens, nor was it the uncertainty of mortality in such a brutal world. TM was always a soldier first and foremost, now leader he always knew that when you enter this life there are certain risks and responsibilities. Once entering you agree to play the game by the stakes, death was a constant for everyone no it was not that keeping him up at night. TM's thoughts wander to his duties running the various establishments all over the country a labor of love for sure. The meticulous attention required to keep track of everything from the last bottle to the last slice of pepperoni. Dismissing it as the culprit a grin comes to his face when a gap in the conversation had formed. His mind coming to only one conclusion to his endless sleepless nights, to which he was more then eager to share with his beloved fellow mafioso

"It has to be the coke."

Report Post Tip

Ramone was strutting his usual beat. Was making his daily collects as he sipped on his dark, thick, protein beverage. He had a few stops to make and hearing this speech made it another. As he listened to everyone give their own reasons why they stay up at night, Ramone wanted to give them his own reasons.

"I'd be lying if I said nothing keeps me up at night. It is I that keep other people up at night. Ehhh maybe thats half true. There are a lot of lady friends amongst us..."

Ramone laughed at his own words.

"But seriously though. What keeps me up at night are my sore, tired muscles. After hitting the gym a couple times a day, the lactic acid build in and tear down of muscles really strain the body. Sometimes its excruciating. Especially when I decide to not miss leg day. I can't always have curls for the girls day... I need to break it up at times. Anyways, my physique keeps me up at night. I hope everyone understands."

Report Post Tip

I'd finally had a moment to catch my breather, being Godfather Chairman wasn't I thought to myself. Leaning back in my chair I stretched sitting back up trying not to yawn. It had been another busy day, but this time it looked like he was going to be able to end it in the head quarters and respond to some of that mail the dreaded mailman kept bringing. I opened the small letter that was sealed in wax coating revealing a card. It was from Insomnia, bastard was sending me love letters again.

Dear Roman,

What Keeps you up at night?

Love GFC Insomnia

I took a minute to control my laughter, I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. He was always sending me all kinds of soap in the mail and I just kept sending tequila in return. We were always close, though or paths weren't connected at first. Once an Insomniac always an Insomniac. It wasn't hard to keep busy that is for sure. Sleep was a things of the past once you accepting the responsibilities of being a Chairman. My schedule was just about as busy as anyone elses.

• Monday's usually spent with Syndicate going over financial advise and money laundering
  • Tuesdays I flew into Detroit to make sure I had my workout in before heading to The Muscle Lounge for some tequila.
  • Wednesdays I'd usually meet up with my families from Downtown and Pasadena over at TM's business The Babylon.
  • Thursdays were normally spent out on the Vegas Strip with Godfather Chairman Shaggs of Vegas.
  • Fridays I'd fly directly into New York to pick up Bubbles
  • Saturdays were Bubbles time!
  • Sundays were Bubbles time!

You've asked me what keep me up at night? I think the fact that I don't have anytime to sleep is a good answer, I mean Weekends are for the warriors!

Report Post Tip

There are two things that keep me up at night.

First things first, I’m up at night trying to find new ways to push the envelope. Anyone who knows me know I love the streets. To brag? No. I’m already a walking trophy. To lead by example? No. It’s impossible to reach this level of oral perfection...hmm.......no homo. I’m up at night trying to figure out how I can say or touch on things that other people are either scared or simply can’t do. It takes a lot of work to speak effectively, but it takes even more work to do it in a non-offensive way. Too many times have I told people that it’s not what you say it’s how you say it. I’m up at night for the people who enjoy reading or hearing what I have to say.

And the second but most important reason I’m up at night? Well, it’s because I have to clean TM’s Bird cage of course.

Report Post Tip

"The only thing that keeps me awake at night is planting firecrackers and fireworks for you, Godfather Insomnia. It's splendid and that's what I dream about, all the time. Yeah, that's about it, and guns." 

Obito took a bow and took his leave, he went to go grab some fireworks for a show.

Report Post Tip

She comes closer into crowded she could hear someone told that he is not young anymore and complain about how hard for him to sleep. She is a lil bit surprise It is the famous Godfather on NewYork. She remembered she ever saw his pict on her mother's album . 

He looks like different person. He was young and charming but now he has so much wrinkles on his face, stanky suit but he still charming. Looking him for real its like a dream comes true .She knew him only from her mother. She told her that he is the coolest Godfather on earth. She slaps her own cheek to make sure she is not dreaming. 

He also talks about why he sleept less its blow her mind and make her hard to breath. What thing make she keep awake a long the night is because everytime she closes her eyes she remembered hows her mum's eyes in pain and lost so much blood before she tooks her last breath even in pain she told her that never hate people who killed her because hate is heavy and she needs to let it go.. Missing her is the other reason why Ngetest_ombak can't sleep during the nite.

Wipes her a lil tear drop. She doesn't dare talk infront of the crowded she jst bows and smiles to the awesome Godfather on these era and leave the street. 

Report Post Tip

Walk htrough the room and salute Insomnia and tell him that I usually try to stay up with coffee and same snacks like chocalte and take som sandwiches so the body can relax betetr during night-time.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What keeps you awake at night?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL