Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:40:14
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
PROPOSED CHANGES: Lounge Credits/VIP/Hustle Point Gifts Started by: Squishy on Mar 23, '18 18:18

The goal is to provide a steady stream of random credits, VIP credits, and hustle point gifts to those that utilize the public social aspect of the game.  The following modifications/additions are being considered:

Lounge VIP Free Credits Lotto:
- It builds a lottery pool of all VIP people, 1 entry per VIP point from posting (Someone with 20 points has twice the chance of someone with 10 point type thing).
- Must be active in #main or one of the #city chat rooms within the past 6 hours.
- It gives the credit to someone in the above pool.  No race needed, it's yours.

Lounge Hustle Point Gifts:
- It builds a pool of those who have been active in the game recent enough to be on the online userlist.
- Must be active in #main or one of the #city chat rooms within the past 6 hours.
- It gives the hustle point to someone in the above pool.  No race needed, it's yours.

Lounge Random Credit Drops:
- It builds a pool of 6 users to send that credit to:
a) 5 of which must be active in #main or one of the #city chat rooms within the past 30 minutes and been active in the game recent enough to be on the online user list.
b) 1 of which must be active in #main or one of the #city chat rooms within the past 6 hours, does not need to be active in the game recently.
- It gives the credit to the 6 people in the above pool to race after.  First to claim wins.

(All of these will soon also start counting IRC nicks that are linked to your lounge nick, for those who prefer to use a non-lounge client)
(Soon, we will also be adding in the crew rooms into the mix, so that they count as activity)

Soooo, any thoughts or suggestions on the above to have it better promote lounge use?  My guess is by playing with the pool timing that it selects from, it will increase your chances of getting codes while you are active with less competition, then getting them when you are not necessarily active to race for it.

Anyway, I am looking forward to your comments or suggestions.

Report Post Tip

I think it will be a little bit unfair for people like me who aren't really social. I don't like RP and I'm new to the game, so Forum activity points are a No. for me. Since I want to become a Pro-er, I can't also kill Rogues. The only way I had to get credits was by racing the credit drops on Lounge... I'm mostly playing this game afk and I'm not really interested in the social part of the game.

Report Post Tip

Maybe rewarding credits for ingame activity could be something to consider too, for people who aren't social.

Report Post Tip

You should only be awarded credits and hustle points for being apart of the game, this isn't an idle game where you'll keep your phone/computer on for days to collect. It shouldn't have to reward those who only play to wait. If you're social, it helps both you and the game.

Report Post Tip

I personally like the idea, and as Missy said, maybe something for Ingame activity for those who cant access lounge (Speak about the phone arguing with lounge) or for those who are new that are not comfortable with speaking to others just yet.

Report Post Tip

Agreed Klejnot

Report Post Tip

I like this idea.

I do think that the VIP credits should be for those actively participating in the forums as they usually are meant for. Regardless of activity in chat. These people are still having to interact with each other, so it is still them being social.

At the same time I do understand the need for people to be in lounge too so definitely keep the random credit drops and hustle points to those that are active in The Lounge.

Report Post Tip

I feel like if there's a way to link up crew chats with #main then the shy people would at least have a smaller outlet where not every eye is on them to have a conversation, because at the end of the day I don't think chatting in #main should be a priority for everyone -- especially when if you speak a lot you're eventually judged. 

The more places where you speak in Lounge that count towards the credits, I think would be better? If that's what is being promoted is just IRC activity as a whole.

Also, I propose a 24-hour sort of chat radius where if you've spoken at any time in the last 24 hours you have a chance for a credit (with 23 hours pretty much being extremely small) and then within the last 6 hours is the peak amount of chance you can get. It would spread the credits better and give everyone a chance who is willing and able to be active at least a little bit.

Report Post Tip
Lounge is incredibly mobile friendly, what combination of phone OS and browser are you having difficulty with? (and how recently)
Report Post Tip

The Lounge credits and Hustle points are to encourage activity in... lounge.  Why would the lounge rewards be given to those that don't participate there?  Just doesn't make sense to me Missy.  

One of the only problems I see is the time limit for credits.  I feel like 30 mins is a pretty short timer and could encourage spamming.  I could see people doing a quick "hi" or "hey everyone how's it going, this coffee is good" every 30 mins just to keep their name in the pot.  I think you should keep the timer a secret.  Don't make it a set amount so it isn't as easily exploited.

Report Post Tip

I don't agree. Izzy doesn't have to give out free credits at all and the fact that he's doing so in so many different ways is very generous of him. He tries to level the playing field in all ways and being social is a HUGE aspect of this game. Lounge works excellently on the phone (something I think was planned specifically because so many people play on phones and tablets). 

If you don't like to post and you don't like to be social, then you're being rewarded just for clicking on crimes? That doesn't seem right. You can start with your city chat if it makes you more comfortable. Find a good friend and plan time on lounge together so you know you'll have someone to talk to that you know. 

My only qualm is the "active in the last 30 minutes" on lounge. I do think that can be a bit longer, maybe an hour? Sometimes you'll see only two people talking in there for a half hour straight and I think we will get a lot more people popping on and doing just one line of talking every 30 minutes instead of real conversation. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Not sure who cannot access Lounge, it was made very simple to use and connect to, and I've used it on my phone and computer since the testing stages and have not had any issues using it on either.

The credits, hustle points and VIP are meant to promote activity so if people are going to be rewarded for not being social or active or involved then it defeats the purpose of promoting activity levels to increase.

This is a social game where people make friends and connect.  Kinda hard to just sit there and never interact.  

Report Post Tip

I think you should keep the timer a secret.  Don't make it a set amount so it isn't as easily exploited.

^^^

That. Keep people guessing, that's the best way to promote real activity and not spam.  

Report Post Tip

Squishy Battery drainage and disconnection at random times when switching pages. I try not to run it long on my phone since the browser flickers now :(

Report Post Tip

Klejnot, I am on the same network as you and the same phone (But the normal, not the edge).  I run lounge all the time on my phone I don't really see these issues :(

Report Post Tip

The way I see it lounge credits are "extra" for those that participate.  There is no system that will be fair for everyone.  I feel like catering to the lowest common denominator isn't the right move here. 

If your active in lounge, you get extra perks for that.  If your not, you don't.  Being active in game is the bare minimum to play MafiaReturns.  I don't think that deserves a reward.  The lounge credits and hustle points are to reward those that participate there.  I don't think the extra rewards should become baseline game expectations.

Report Post Tip

I switched tabs all the time and Lounge never disconnected unless I rebooted my phone.

Report Post Tip

Olivia, I agree with exactly everything you say! xDD

Report Post Tip

I'm just saying this because I'm a lonewolf in every game and IRL. I like to play solo, I don't know how to make conversation and I feel uncomfortable doing it, not to mention english is not my native language, so it would be an extra effort for me. I left Omerta because it became too much Pay to Win, now this game will become a tad more like Social to Win... I don't want to be forced to do something I don't enjoy to be able to keep up with the other players. Each credit sells for almost 500k ingame money, it'd take me a week or more to even get close to that just by doing crimes and dealing drugs... Social players will have a huge money advantage from those like me, who are solo players.

I tried to force myself to do some RP in Forums only to get credits and it just didn't work for me, I didn't enjoy forcing myself to do something I really don't like. I like the game, I've been playing for about a week, give or take, and I've ranked up 33 levels during that short period, I'm really active in game but that won't even allow me to stand a chance against social players that get 5+ credits daily. It would take me a lifetime to get that much money from crimes and drugs. I think there could be a way of rewarding both social players and active ingame players, to keep a balance... Why force people to do something they don't enjoy, so they can at least stand a chance against other players?

Report Post Tip

Yes pleaseee link these with the other clients too.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: PROPOSED CHANGES: Lounge Credits/VIP/Hustle Point Gifts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL