Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 11:11:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Extravaganza in Seattle Started by: TonyCastelli on Apr 26, '18 02:01

Williams spent quite some time with preparations in the Pirate Ship before joining the others. There had been some months since he had set foot on a proper vessel, or any vessel for that matter, and having been charged with the task of seeing that this ship would go for a spin or two across the Elliot Bay, made him extra-resolute that this task should be left in competent hands after the first turn, and only then would he step out of it to join his friends on the other parts of the park.

The ship Godfather TonyCastelli had managed to bring about to this event was definitely on pair with the rest of the park's extravagant theme. This was a beautiful fully-rigged, 200 ton brigantine. White sails on a black and golden hull. Steam-powered. Not too hard to handle, but he still wanted to put this crew to the test and see to make the trip across the bay and back in less than two hours.

All the passengers were eager for a spin when Williams signaled Furd, who at last yelled the crew to set sail and turn the engines roaring. The Pirate ship went off to it's first trip. With the wind coming from the north they started facing south and turned not long after to get going up upwards. As the ship was first starting to turn and when it's starboard was then facing the full extension of the bay, the cannons of the ship fired in unison a load of fire, ember and smoke into the skies to mark the beginning of the first trip.

Report Post Tip

After a long day of hustl'in, LooseChange makes his way to the extravaganza to relax. Mobsters now using the spot as a peaceful gathering place sort of like a cool zone. He takes a walk around the area greeting everyone that he runs into. He makes his way over to Furd’s drink stand to wet his whistle. As he approaches, he notices Klejnot having a drink and enjoying a good time,

“Hey boss, how ya livin. Good to see you out stretching your legs and relaxin. Let me know if you need anything, I should be posted up for a sec.”

He looks over at the Godfather and nods, as he passes him the blunt.

“You can keep that one. I got another. Check ya later.”

LooseChange steps up to the stand and orders a Grog for himself, the tender fills the mug and passes it to him.

“Thank you for that, and keep the change,. “

He places a small stack on the counter and makes his way back to the function. Walking around he spots a place to take a seat and let a relax for a moment and just enjoy the sight. He takes a seat, and pulls out a swisher and a sack of some good. Rolling a blunt he nods at the crew members walking bye, looking as they noticed the stank he was rolling. LooseChange finishes rolling the blunt and lights it taking a long drag. Looking up at the thugs he offers the blunt to them.

Report Post Tip

"Thank you TonyCastelli for those wonderful ideas. I think I will check out several of the things you mentioned.  My first stop will be to stand that represents Furd's business and try one of those drinks, so while I visit the pirate ship I can relax and enjoy the view. Maybe on my way out I might pick up a trinket or two for Alice on my way back, she does like those pretty things."

Suki waves and smiles at Tony as she heads in the direction of Furd's business.

Report Post Tip

I found myself boarding a pirate ship with Jasmine; much of the last several hours had been a blur.  Perhaps too much consumption, but I was handed another drink just as I stepped onto the ship's deck from the gangway.

I exclaim with a strong slur, "Don't mind if I do, uh, matey!" 

"I think I got this pirate thing down pat," I say with a wink to Jasmine. 

I stumble forwards a way to find pirate-age appropriate clothing.  I pickup and put on one of the tricorn hats with a large bird feather stuck in it. "Hey, Jasmine, they have outfits!" I yell back at her with joy

I continue gathering items to wear, determined to become the pirate I sounded like. Just as I thought I had all the things I needed, I stopped dead in my tracks, my eyes fixed. "Swords?!I dash towards the bin, knocking over other patrons along the way. I reach eagerly in,, gripping the cutlass saber's twine wrapped handle.  With a long swooping flail, I pull the saber from the bin, the blade flexing side to side.

"Plastic?" I say disgruntled, "what's the point?"

"Up for a duel, Pat?" asked, Jasmine, walking towards me. 

"Arrrrgh, Ye challenge me to a duel do ye?" I muster my best pirate impression, and raise my guard.

Report Post Tip

Sam and Nyx stood at the park entrance. The entire cab ride over to the park they were arguing about a stuffed toy unicorn at the HQ and who was going to name it. Sam wanted to name it Lola but Nyx wanted to name it Bob and neither of them were backing down. Sam was already pretty excited after seeing colorful balloons floating all over the park. He was used to the tall buildings in New York and also starting to get used to the dessert in Vegas, so spending time in a park was something he was looking forward to. 

Sam grabbed Nyx by the hand and pulled her to enter the park together. They weaved through the crowd, Sam scanned the area looking for the first activity to take part in. As they got deeper, the music was becoming more apparent with entertainers and performers spread out across the park. The longer they walked around the park, the more Sam realized that they might need to spend more time here than first expected.

Sam was spending too much time at one of the food stands choosing what to buy, much to the annoyance of Nyx and a good kick to Sam’s leg made sure he is aware of that. Sam settled for a couple of hot dogs and beers. They find a nearby park bench, the screams of children playing around them amused Sam somehow. He had never been around so many kids at once before. 

As they finished their light snacks, Sam was ready for some games to test his skills and maybe if lucky, win Nyx her own unicorn. Sam grabbed Nyx and headed towards the games area.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

All the excitement to be had everywhere one's eyes could look, from games to rides to yummy foods.  Harley had the inclination to head on over to the duck shooting booth for her first bit of fun, but first checked around the crowd to see if she spotted Williams anywhere.  Not seeing him right off, she skipped on over there to the booth, keeping her bat resting on her shoulder then stopped to turn around to shout at Makavelli.

"C'mon Puddin'.  Let's go shoot some ducks!"

She waited until he caught up with her then slid her arm through his, smiled at Frankie and Daniel before facing back towards her destination. It wasn't super crowded yet over at the booth, so she wanted to get right up to the front.  By the time they got over there a short line of three people had magically formed causing Harley to frown and stand there impatiently in line.  

"Are ya gonna be shootin' too guys?  Well not Daniel, but you two?  Awwh don't worry Daniel, I'll get ya a prize!"

Harley chuckled then faced back up to watch the shooters in front of them, so she was completely oblivious to the glare Daniel was shooting at the back of her head.  She just excitedly wiggled around until it was her turn to shoot.  Taking the gun in her hands, closing one eye then aiming, Harley pulled the trigger repeatedly as she moved to each duck target.  The man at the booth watched in surprise as she hit one duck then the next then the next and so on until al the ducks were knocked over. 

She brought the gun barrel to her red lips, did an exaggerated blowing of the gun smoke then winked at the game operator.  He gulped slowly then waved a hand at the level of prizes to choose from for her ability.  Harley chose the bright colored snake then hung it around her neck.  She moved aside so the guys could have a turn if they were playing, most curious to see how each of them faired.

While she waited to see if they'd take a turn, Harley spotted a few of the food stands nearby.  Her blue eyes scanned a few more game booths then noticed one game with a clown face with its mouth open for the participant to toss a ball through.  Memories flooded her mind of another time at a funfare extravaganza causing Harley to push off the wall where she was watching the guys from to walk away from the clowns.  She mumbled to herself as she broke away from the guys, not bothering to see where she was going at the moment.

"No.  Not today.  Let me alone.  Ya hear me?"

Harley kept on wandering around a bit until she felt a tug on her arm.

Report Post Tip

Tupac wasn't surprised at all to see Harley's display of marksmanship at the game as he had seen her handle a real gun first hand on now a couple of occasions. She also handled herself well on the last thing they did when they were all out in Vegas. If there was one thing she definitely knew how to do it was shooting. He and Frank also found themselves laughing when she took a jab at Daniel. Her joking had only served to light a fire under Daniel though, seeing as soon as she finished Daniel was the first one up to take the gun and try hi hand at the game.

He didn't hit enough of the targets to win a big prize but he hit just enough to get a little key chain. He was already expecting HarleyQuinn to get on his case but was surprised when he turned to look at her to see that she was no longer right by them where she had been just moments ago.

"Harley?" He tried to call out to her but it wasn't loud enough for her to hear him or she wasn't listening to him.

This brought the rest of the groups attention to Harley as well as they had just noticed what Daniel had. She had wandered a bit away from them but she wasn't too far. Tupac tried to yell to get her attention but he quickly saw that didn't work. Instead he decided to take a more forward approach.

Tupac caught up to her and grabbed her by the arm. When he turned her around he saw a look of grief or something on her face. Tupac's face was immediately filled with concern.

"What's the matter? He asked her. "Are you alright?"

Report Post Tip

The laughter rang through her mind echoing causing Harley to cringe and wonder if she would ever be truly free of him, the pain, the suffering, and the abuse she endured while under his spell.  She looked out into the crowd, yet felt so alone.  Her gaze traveled from the hand on her arm up to meet a concerned gaze.

Harley fully turned towards Makavelli with a blank look as the memories still bombarded her mind then as she focused on what he was saying, her red lips curved upwards into a smile.  She patted his shoulder then bounced around to slide her arm back through his, thankful that the memories were subsiding now.

"Of course I'm alright.  How did you guys do on the duck shooting?"

She chuckled and shook her head when Harley heard about the valiant attempt by Daniel and his prize.  She kept up a steady chatter in between popping her gum and glancing around.  She spotted the ring toss booth, duck pond, and food booths.  A wide variety of foods to choose from, cotton candy, pretzels, corn dogs, hot dogs, sno cones, funnel cakes, it seemed there was an abundance of sweet treats to choose from.  Harley smiled as she glanced up to Tupac.

"Are ya hungry Puddin', or ready to have a go at one of the games here?

Report Post Tip

Tupac watched her carefully. He seen how she was conflicted one minute and then was making herself smile and be happy the next. He wanted to dig deeper and find out what exactly it was that had made her so bother just a moment ago but then he considered his surroundings, and decided now wasn't the time or the place.

He would shelf his concerns and save it for another day. She walked with him arm in arm throughout the rest of the fair grounds. She took digs on Daniel here and there but he knew it was all in good jest. Frank mostly stayed quiet getting a good laugh here and there and cracking a joke at the mismatched pair of Harley and Tupac from time to time, mostly at Tupac's expense though he didn't mind too much.

They played a few more games before spotting some of the other food places to go and eat some snacks or get some decent food since they hadn't eaten for awhile. Harley must've been thinking something along those lines as well as she asked if he was hungry or would he rather play a game or so.

"Nahh I can go for some food, let's get somthin' to snack on and see what else or who else we can see around here before gettin' back to the games." Tupac said as he led her and his crew towards one of the food booths.

Report Post Tip

Furd was havin' a busy day. Between tending to the ship and managing the booze, he was pretty swamped in work. Besides binge drinking and fistfighting some outraged parents because he insisted "children under the age of 6 get a free dagger on this ride", he barely even got any breaks.

Besides TonyCastelli and Williams, he barely even saw any of his friends. But what he saw between Grog refils and Rum unloadings, was TonyCastelli and Klejnot having a drink and LooseChange lounging nearby with a replica of the Olympic torch, sitting by between his fingers.
He was immediately flabbergasted by Klejnot's dress. Just about short of being slack jawed looking at her. He looked around to pick some flowers, but there were no good lookin' plants in his surrounds. He was quite disappointed, thinking he'd never approach the lady dressed like the sea. Then, he decided he'd look around the merchans for a hot minute and try to find something to offer as an ice breaker. Being the silly pirate he is, he got her a small boat in a bottle from a small time merchant and quickly rushed to meet 'em.

He couldn't help but to feel underdressed for the whole event. TonyCastelli was looking his sharp and charming Tuxedo, Klejnot was wearing a beautiful blue dress, and LooseChange was rocking his threads with proper swank. Furd, however, was wearing his frilled shirt, a cloak, leather pants with plenty of utility and shiny pair of leather boots. He couldn't help but to gravitate towards TonyCastelli's side. He was a mighty pirate, but he still was a bit shy. Grabbing some grog too, he extended his gift to Klejnot .
"
Yer dress 's th' finest tribute to the sea me could think of, lass. Please, accept this piece o' treasure as a compliment from this ol' salt. An' dinner sometime, perhaps."

Report Post Tip

Klejnot took her time trying some of the Seattle drinks that Furd had created. It was interesting, different from her normal strong liquor. She was spending some time with TonyCastelli as they chattered away about what was most interesting event there was... She kept over hearing the argument that Furd and some parents were having about kids of a certain age got a free dagger. Which made her laugh a bit over it, seeing as some kids had theirs taken away not long after leaving to try some other attractions. 

She looked around while drinking as she finished the last amount left she could not seem to get over the difference. So she asked for a refill as she thanked the one who did it she. Set it down on the counter only to have a kid not looking back up into her. With the kid startled the parents apologizing she turned back to see Furd was not behind the counter. Which she guessed he had gone to take a short break since he seemed pretty busy for his own tasks.  Straightening the ruffled part of her dress was simple at least she had been lucky to not get her drink on herself. Turning back she noticed Furd returning to where Tony and herself was. 

She watched as Furd pulled towards TonyCastelli and offered a small ship in a bottle which, she seemed pleased about. She did not see any problem with how Furd stood out, it was a style which she thought suited him well. Accepting the ship she kept her drink on the side which it could not be knocked over. Inspecting the little ship which just put her mind in awe wondering how they could make something this small and talented. 

With the compliment that Furd gave her she could not help but smile, her cheeks a bit pink, unsure if it was from his compliment or from the drink she was having but she was glad. "Thank you Furd, I appreciate the gift. And you look wonderful yourself." She looked at the ship in a bottle and then back to Furd, "I will put this in my office when I return to it." His inquiry about getting dinner made her a little embarrassed since that was just straight forward, "Sure, we can sometime soon?" She figured it would be a nice gesture even if to get to know him a bit more.

Report Post Tip

After the first trip around the bay and having had some drinks with his friends. Williams decided to leave the ship to competent hands and get lost a little into the park's entertainment. He wasn't one to immerse himself long into this sort of festivities, but since he had seen an elephant juggle rings in one such fair in India, he grew more accustomed in letting the amazement usually found in such places to establish in him, even if only briefly.

The past few months in more "civilized" environments had also made a huge difference on his image. No longer the black-beard of sorts, he had visited AlexaBliss's business in Seattle for a proper gangster's haircut and a fresh shave. Leaving behind at her place enough hair to make a new shirt, he decided against it and instead bought a fine suit to go with his new look.

After arriving at the food area, he noticed Makavelli and HarleyQuinn looking over for a place to eat. He fixed his vest and walked over to the two of them. 

"HarneyQuilt, Mak!" He said jumping ahead of them and flashing them with a bright yet dorky smile. "Have you two ever heard of something called burritos? I tried them when I was in LA. And just had to get them over when we Tony was planning this. Mexican cuisine is delicious, come with me, you have to try this!"

They went over many food places and finally arrived at a small booth called "El Cholo".

"First round's on me." He winked at the couple while ordering three specials.

Report Post Tip

Furd was zoned out listening, running all the possibilities in his mind. He hadn't done this too often, and he was quite nervous. But as things started to look up, he started smiling with renewed confidence. "Aye! I'll make sure me catches a break before the fair's done for today and I'll swing by the castle. I'll pick ye up fer food after ye and yer crew are done tyding up the place, sounds fair?"

He had a wide grin by the time he finished that sentence. His mind was racing, thinking about the place he'd book for tonight. Also, what would he wear? He knew there were two people around who could help him, but he had to wait until he could meet them discreetly. His eyes scanned the deck for Williams. He revised TonyCastelli's schedule on his mind, trying to figure out when would the Godfather be free for a quick chat. He also moved quickly to the  booth where he kept his stuff, and picked up a dusty bottle, with darker grog. "I propose a toast, this is something me's been fiddlin' around with for a while, but it be grog made with aged rum insted of regular silver rum. It should be better, but me ain't sure it'll be viable because it be needin' more aging." He poured the contents of the bottle into a couple of tankards and had one of the employees of the stand deliver them to TonyCastelli, Klejnot and Loosechange, lifting his own for a toast with them.

Report Post Tip

Klejnot smiled, seeing his eyes light up and his smile coming out brighter. She gave a nod and spoke softly. "Sounds fair, I shall see you then." She raised her glass to a toast before drinking it at a lasting pace so she savored it. When finished she looked to TonyCastelli and smiled before speaking, "Mind joining me for some of the booths?" She was terrible with games but she wanted to have fun even if she had terrible game luck. 

She placed her empty glass down thanking Furd for the wonderful drink before heading towards the booths off the ship wondering what she would try before heading back to the Atlantis castle. She was bad with ring toss and was somewhat decent with the shooting games. She looked at the ship in the bottle and smiled happily before settling towards the ring toss.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

As soon as Klejnot and TonyCastelli walked away, Furd knew he had to do a lot of things before dinner. First, transportation. He rode to the party on a supply truck, as that wasn't appropriate at all. Also, he had to get some finer rags, in order to match Klejnot's wonderful dress.

He left a couple of young "scallywags" manning the booth and the restocking, and he went on a hunt to plan out this date. He first found a phone and tried to reserve a couple of restaurants. Unfortunately, due to the influx of visitors to SEA, most places were either full or not accepting any more costumers unless they were booked in that hotel. Then he thought, he could always book a table at the Rainy Day Lounge, where ambiance wouldn't be an issue and exclusivity would ensure a comfortable time with some privacy, too. He decided to ask TonyCastelli about it later, when he could catch him somewhere on a small break. He would approach Cap'n Williams first, since he was right there, on deck with him.

"Ahoy me Cap'n. I have a question for ye. Would it be possible fer me to borrow yer car, since I already took them pesky drivin' lessons ye made me take? I need it fer somth'n important."

He knew Williams would be livid if he crashed, but he was focused on something important and had earned some spare money with the festival, so he knew he could afford fixing it in case something happen.

Report Post Tip

For the past week a extravaganza of sorts was being held at the downtown park in Seattle. Insomnia had been given the invite a few days ago but kept putting it off until his schedule synced up with Bubbles. It had been far to long since the two went out of town and enjoyed themselves to some fun. 

Insomnia had his arm linked with Bubbles as they approached the park, he couldn't help but crack a grin noticing the party was already in full swing with several well known and respected mafioso present. 

"Looks like I'm starting to rub off on you, now were both fashionably late."

Nudging Bubbles playfully he smiles while leading the way through the crowd, looking for TonyCastelli. Luckily for him Tony wasn't the most handsome man and easily enough to pick out in a crowd. 

"There he is!"

Insomnia points out where Tony was standing before heading over towards him, tapping Tony on the shoulder.

"Hey good looking, whatcha got cooking!?"

Insomnia laughs but he was actually serious, he hadn't ate all day and was hoping this party had some food to cure his hunger.

"Insomnia!?"

Looking over his shoulder he notices Jasmine was behind him with a raised eyebrow, with her hands at the hips. 

"Where have you been!? I swear your getting later and later each time, hell we might just stop inviting you..."

Jasmine winks before walking behind the bar, handing him a cold beer.

"I guess better late than never..?"

Insomnia cracks a grin nodding before thanking her, looking back over at TonyCastelli he dangles the beer in front of him as if he were special or something for receiving one.

"So now that were finally here what's there to do!? I heard some shit about a pirate ship...is that true!? Hell I've never seen one in person let alone be on one."

Looking over at Bubbles he notices she mysteriously acquired her own beer while he wasn't looking and it was near empty already. 

"You lush, what shall we do first?"

Insomnia clears his throat before lighting up a cigarette, waiting for a response.

Report Post Tip

Bubbles was just following Insomnia through the crowd, well she wasn't really following him, he was more of pulling her through the crowd of people. It was ok though, for once she didn't have to be the one throwing elbows to move people the hell out of the way. Plus she knew it made him feel like a tough guy, pushing people out of the way like that.

She chuckled at the fashionably late comment, it was something that she seemed to do a lot of anymore. Perhaps it was all his fault... Giving him a look, the thought of it all went through her head. Though it wasn't that big of a deal though, better late then never she thought to herself.

Just then they found the man that was hosting the event TonyCastelli, Insomnia began engaging him in conversation. He was oblivious to the fact that Jasmine had found her way over to the pair and was talking to Bubbles. It was a very cordial conversation, you know the typical hi and how are you type thing. Though she did hand Bubbles an ice cold beer. 

It was delicious and refreshing, she damn near finished it. When Insomnia finally realized she had one.

"You lush? I'm not a lush, don't be mad cause I got the first beer."

She stuck her tongue out at him.

He then asked her what she wanted to do first.

"Wait you said there was a pirate ship???? We need to find that and like now."

Report Post Tip

While leavin' to find TonyCastelli, Furd spotted a man he had seen before coming right in the direction of the ship, with a woman he had yet to meet. He recognized the man as Insomnia, the Godfather who came to congratulate Williams on being promoted to Cap'n and being authed to form their crew. He then was reminded he had something for the couple coming in his direction, and ran back to the ship's deck, where he had stored the Golden label Grog he had for Godfathers.

Now moving towards the couple, with two small wooden crates with bows on them under his arm, he waved.
"Ahoy! How are ye' doing? I hope yer enjoying our event!" finally getting closer to them, he extended the boxes, one to each of them. "Please take 'tis gift TonyCastelli arranged for ye! These be very exclusive bottles o' grog, but ye can find ye regular grog just 'round the corner, everywhere!"

He moved slightly to the side, and a young teenaged that was following him appeared, holding two tankards filled with grog. Furd moved his head slightly, to indicate the youngling the tankards were meant for the couple. Then after he delivered them, Furd gave him a couple of singles. "Arr, go back to the ship, ye biscuit eater."

He turned back to the couple and pointed at the ship. "I believes ye'd like a guided trip o' our beauty? She's quite sturdy and seaworthy. If ye'd like, ye can eat there and go fer a spin. But some landlubbers get sick eatin' while sailin', beware 'em around yer table. Cap'n Williams is upstairs in th' poop deck, gettin' ready to take 'er for another spin, just havin' the crew loadin' up them paper canons fer the show."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Since Makavelli was ready to grab something to eat, Harley began scouring the food places with intent.  They wandered around for a couple more minutes when she was about to turn and inquire if he was in the mood for some carnival fries, but was ambushed by a rubber ducky captain.  Their attention was snagged by Williams, but a brand new Williams at that.  All cleaned up and looking like a normal person.  Harley sighed because normal was overrated, and she thrived on being uniquely different.

"Well dontcha look all spiffy in that vest Mistah W."

Once Williams mentioned something called a burrito, she grew curious to just what exactly a burrito was, so Harley asked Tupac if he was game for trying it.  He shrugged, but didn't say no.  Harley bounced in place a little bit then tugged on his arm so they could follow Williams over to the food booth.  Her blue eyes kept being drawn to the various food choices along the way, growing more famished by the minute.

Once they arrived at the food booth, Williams had ordered for all three of them, so Harley glanced around the food booth at the decor.  It was interesting, and the aromas wafting through the air were making her mouth water.  They finally were served the plates of burritos, and she looked at it with amusement.  She hadn't known what to expect exactly, but this didn't look too odd.  As Harley took her first bite, she sighed in satisfaction as the taste matched the aromas.  She glancd to Tupac waiting for him to try his.

"Go on Puddin', it's delicious."

Harley turned towards Williams with a smile.

"Thank ya Mistah W.  It was kind of you to buy us lunch."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Extravaganza in Seattle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL