Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:22:28
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Lakeview Gardens & Cafe Started by: Mynnes on May 25, '18 00:14

Mynnes had recently struck luck in acquiring quite a bit of land on the edge of Downtown. It was a large park with gardens, a large lake, tree-lined walkways, a playground with swings and slides, a picnic area and up a little bit of a hill, where wildflowers grow, is a wishing well at the top.

The park is buzzing on sunny days where people go to get away from the busy streets to enjoy the variety of activities on offer such as rowing boats on the lake, feeding the ducks, flying kites, picnics, kicking a ball around. Maybe taking a chance making a wish at the wishing well by throwing in a coin or two.

So much space to enjoy, so much variety. It’s even open 24 hours in the day making it perfect to stargaze or those moonlit walks by the lake.

A bit further into the park, you will find gardens to walk around to enjoy the flowers in bloom and even a maze of hedgerows to explore through, just try not to get lost!

Down near the lake, there is a cafe where you can go get drinks or snacks to take away or sit at one of the tables inside or outside, to enjoy the views over the lake and the surroundings. 

LakeView Cafe

Drinks

• Coffee [Most types available, including Ice versions.]
  • Tea [Ice tea also available]
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Lemonade
  • Cola
  • Milkshakes  [Strawberry, Vanilla, Chocolate & Banana Flavours]
  • Milk
  • Spring Water

Snacks

• Sandwiches/Subs - With fillings of your choice.
  • Toasted Sandwiches  - With filling of your choice.
  • Hotdogs
  • Fries
  • Chips/Crisps
  • Sausage Rolls

Sweets

• Tea Cake
  • Fruit Cake
  • Sponge Cake
  • Ice Cream [Variety of flavours and available with Waffles or Cones & Toppings]
  • Variety of Chocolate bars.

Picnic Hampers Are Also Available On Request

Lake Activites:

• If you wish to hire a rowing boat for a bit, thats only $10 dollars an hour. 
  • Feeding the ducks is okay. You can buy bags of crumbs from the cafe for just 5cents
  • Swimming is at your own risk.

As things were finally ready to open, Mynnes went to the main gates to unlock the park. 

Lakeview Gardens & Cafe

[ OPEN ]

Report Post Tip

As the night grew quickly BlueBelle was amazed to find a place that was open by the lake at this time. She loved how cozy the place looked so she ventured in further. Realizing that they made food as well she couldn't help but to go in right away and begin to order. She would get her food then bring it outside once she had finished ordering and waiting but first ordering needed to be done.

Stepping through the doors she loved the look of the space and the layout. It was absolutely beautiful and she had no trouble finding a menu to browse through. Figuring out just what she wanted she began to order her food.

"Good evening, I would like hotdogs, fries, hot chocolate and a sponge cake please? I'd like to be able to take them outside to enjoy the view of the lake much better if you would not mind."

Report Post Tip

Atropos looked out the window as he woked up that day. It was as sunny as it can get. Down the road was looking more alive than ever with all the people walking around. "People will take any opportunity to enjoy good weather. I should probbaly do the same." he thought and dressed up.

Walking around the streets of Detroit it seemed obvious that most of the crowd was moving towards one destination so he thought it would be a good idea to follow and see where people were heading.

It didn't take a long walk and it became clear. People with their famillies or friends were finding all kinds of activities to do within this park.

Right before the entrance, Atropos looked up and saw the sign writting Lakeview Gardens & Cafe.

"Interesting place" he thought and moved inside. In the corner of his left eye, he saw a family walking around. The kids were holding ice creams and holding baloons. He felt so jealous. He kept walking inthe park, playing with a couple of coins in his palm, when he thought of the ballon again. He trhew the coins with anger and wished something could be done so he could enjoy a baloon as an adult without people judging him.

To his surprise, he heard a sound he didn't expect. It seemed that a coin he tossed earlier, found it's way to an attraction of the park which was supposed to be a wishing well. "Let's see if the well works" he thought and movd towards the lake. 

The cafe over there was looking in a great condition and almost full of people. To his surprise, every table had baloons tied up on the chairs. "Probably an attraction because of the recent opening" he thought and the idea struck him immediately. Sitting on a table would give him all that he desired. Sun, coffee and a baloon to play with. 

He moved fast and sat down on one of the free tables waiting for the waiter to come and take his order, while proudly watching over his very own baloon.

Report Post Tip

Mynnes was in the early days of her establishment so was trying to help her employees at the Lakeview Cafe. She knew it would take time for the news to spread and get a reputation to be something good. It was a nice evening, she could see the shine from the moon over the lake, it felt peaceful, was something about the night that she loved.

Soon enough her first customer walked in, Mynnes greeted the lady "Welcome, How may I help you?" she said to BlueBelle as she was told the order the lady. Mynnes smiled as she went and got the lady her order ready for her "Of course I don't mind, there are plenty of places to sit around the lake, I do so myself sometimes!" she said as she then presented BlueBelle her order she required of hotdogs, fried, hot chocolate and a good portion of sponge cake. "If you wish marshmallows with your hot chocolate, please help yourself from the jar there" Mynnes said pointing to a jar on the counter, "Also on the house since you were first! Have a great evening" she finished up saying with a smile, as she then placed some napkins with the order too. Mynnes then wished the lady a pleasant time at the lake as she watched her make way to it.

Report Post Tip

The next day Mynnes made her way to her park, was something lovely about the early morning in hearing the birds declare the day has begun. The air was fresh and she could tell it was going to be a beautiful day as she made her way through the gardens towards the lake. She could see the butterflies going around the flowers of spring as she grew closer to the lake, she could hear the ducks quacking happily with their morning too.

She soon arrived at the cafe by the lake and entered it to get changed out the back into her waitress uniform. She may have had staff but felt it was important to be on deck at times herself. She soon heard a bell above the door go as someone was coming in and went to investigate. She noticed it was a family member Atropos that had popped in and grinned as she watched his eyes follow the balloons sway at the table he went to sit at. She couldn't help but giggle as she made him a coffee in the way she knew he would like it.

She walked over to the table and placed the coffee "For you my friend" she said as she greeted him before asking if there was anything else that he fancied having as she pulled out her little notepad and pen.

Report Post Tip

"Hello my friend." Atropos said while picking up the mug and taking a sip of the coffee.

"Quite a fancy business you have over here. And I found out something that I can't share with you at the moment but it will change your view of the world!" He continued with a clear excitement in his voice and while he was still playing with the baloon flicking it left and right.

"I was thinking....those boats in the lake. It looks like a great place for disposals of annoyances. If you know what I mean" He said as he winked to Mynnes. 

"Is this an option or you are keeping the place clean of that kind of business?" 

He stopped talking and light up a cigarette. Nothing is a better match than coffee and cigarette he thought.

Report Post Tip

Mynnes stood there with her pad and pen in hand and placed it back into her little apron to hear what the gentleman had to say. "Change my view of the world you say?" she said with a smile as she found the world always had little amusements in it if you look hard enough. "Well I am intrigued!" she continued to say with a grin as she went on to listen to him some more.

He mentioned to her about the lake and she grinned "Well you know we are family, some things are a perk just for us here at the park" she replied to Atropos as she looks out of the window towards the lake before she continued to say "I hear the nighttime is lovely for a row out on the lake.. in the moonlight. Wouldn't you agree?" as she winked at him.

She notices he paused as he lit up a cigarette, which made her quickly move the balloons out of the way "I know you love them, and there is no shame in so.. but let not have any bangs in here!" she joked trying not to disappoint him. Was simply a way too early in the morning for shocks. 

Report Post Tip

Criseria was visiting Motor City during a business trip and found that her friend Charsi's Daughter had opened a place called LakeView Cafe. As she arrived to the park location of the cafe, she found it such a breathtakingly beautiful place. 

When she entered the cafe, she went straight over to the counter so they could get started on her order.  "May I get a Lemonade, Turkey Sub, and Crisps with sponge Cake for dessert set up in a Picnic Hamper, I will have a friend joining me soon, you may add that order to my basket and a bag of crumbs to feed the ducks please" 

She would be taking it to eat by the lake, she was looking forward the company that she was meeting, the thought couldn't help make her a bit wistful. Though while she was here she was truly excited to see her friend Mynnes. And let her know how nice she found this place.

Report Post Tip

TM was usually never one to visit Detroit, not that he had any qualms with the cities fine folks no on the contrary it’s dostance making it a real hassle for him to travel too, even still on this special day he was summoned by the beautiful Criseria to join her at a specific location. He had never visited the place before nor did he know what to expect when he arrived in the fine city. What did the kind lady want? Did she need help? Was this a job? Did he do a bad job? All these thoughts running through his mind as the car takes off from the airport, he still can’t help but smile knowing that he was certain she would never summon him to his death as so many had been in the life.

on the contrary the bright day reassuring him as his vehicle pulls up at the spot, the front of the building littered with Criseria’s triggermen. Most of whom TM knew on a friendly mannor he hears that the lady herself is waiting inside. As always when his eyes gazed upon her he couldn’t help but smile, long overdue they met other then the context of a good meal served by the young man. Knowing better to face his boss empty handed he walks over presenting her with a box inside containing a watch with the family initials on the face he can only remark.

”Always a pleasure to be summoned by you Ms Criseria, my apologies for being so late.. you know how hard it’s is for me to get away from my businesses as I’m sure you know. I had this specially made to commemorate your new family may we thrive under your leadership my dear. Might I inquire why I am summoned here on such a fine day?”

Report Post Tip

Criseria had been inside the Lakeview Gardens & Cafe just looking around and getting used to the place. She still hadn't got to see her Old friend's daughter when TM-Scarface arrived. She was looking forward to this informal quiet meeting so the two could get to know each other a little better. They had been doing so much business on opposite sides of the country, in order to make sure the Headquarters was up and ready to go that they had not got the chance to really have much time to just relax and catch up with one another. She had known the young man for a while since she knew his Grandfather at end of his life, and had occasionally had the chance to say hi in one of his families many establishments but she needed to know the man she was going to be working beside. Not just in those locations, as he will be the one keeping many of the families secrets near and dear to his heart. So she needed to know him. He had always been quite handsome and a gentleman towards her, but she wanted to see what laid beyond that image he showed in Public. That is why she brought him to a nice relaxing area that had just opened and so there wouldn't be many people around.  Her trigger men knew to give her plenty of space for this time, while still keeping a watch from the distance. 

"TM, so glad you could make it out here. I understand being late, sometimes flights get delayed for silly reasons. I am just glad you made it." TM hands her a gift. A watch with the Families initials on it. "Thank you so much for that gift, it is a beauty. As for the reason of this meeting it is just to get to know you a bit better away from all the Public view. This place just opened and is rather quiet, and we both trust the owner, I figured it would be one of the best places we could do so. I placed my order in the Cafe, you would just need to place yours and they will be putting it in a picnic hamper that is all set up so we can go out by the lake." 

Report Post Tip

A meal, for all the worries the young man faced in his own mind the whole ride over here was out to ease by her words. It is true she knew his grandfather more then he knew her and this was a perfect time to remedy that and a great day to do it he thought. He had been so busy on his own handling of his own establishments having him running ragged and rampant all over the fine country, the need to excel at his grandfathers trade parimoint on his mind. But even still the drive from his ambitions and the coke could only propel him so far before he decided for a much needed break, this was it he thought as he smiled.

“I am so pleased you liked the gift, been trying to track you down to hand it over was good your guys got word over the horn. And A meal hmm didn’t expect to be eating but I’d dare not say no to the top assassin now ?” 

The young man lets out s chuckle some levity to the situation he finds himself in. Outside the meeting at Don Hope_’s he had never really sat one on one with his boss, and it was true that her strikingness caught the stone cold mafioso off guard. But still he tried to play it off the best he could, his eyes trail over to the menus. Quite use to his own menus he always enjoyed trying different cuisines from the establishment so of the world, only pleased to be visiting a place owned by the daughter of a dear family friend. Looking at the menu he quickly decides.

”I’ll take a peach iced tea if you have it, add a little bite of tequila if you could be so kind, I’ll takena toasted tomato mozzarella sandwich, meat roasted chicken fin you would indulge me. As for desert I’ll pass oven heard I’m sweet enough.”

TM reaches into husband pocket to remove his money clip tossing a few clams on the counter as a tip for the nice service. Deciding to take husband beverage with him as they prepared the combined order he takes a sip of his drink smiling warmly over to his boss Criseria.

Report Post Tip

Mynnes had just finished presenting some new cakes she had not long baked. The smell of them was making their way through the cafe along with the coffees. It was looking to be lovely out as families began to arrive to enjoy the sunshine. Somewhere heading towards the playground and some were content sitting by the lake as they do a bit of 'people watching' outside of LakeView Cafe.

Once again a tingle made its way towards Mynnes ears from the ball of the cafe door. She looked up and could see a friendly, familiar face. It was Criseria, an important figure from the city of angels. To Mynnes though she was a lot more to her than that, a family friend, a woman who knew her mother through and through. Criseria made her way over to the counter as Mynnes made her way around it to greet her "Welcome, I hear congratulations are in order, with the news of the family" Mynnes said to @Criseria. She gave her a warm hug and made her way back behind the counter. "Business of leisure?" Mynnes asked her friend, as she hoped it was just leisure. Criseria soon relaxed Mynnes by saying she was there for leisure and gave Mynnes her order. 

Mynnes got out a big wicker picnic hamper and bagun to fill it up with the order that Criseria gave. Some lemonade, Turkey Sub, Crisps and a Sponge Cake. "Have the cake on me, It freshly made today and well take the whole one with you. If you need it wrapping it up after your picnic just nip back and I'll sort that for you" Mynnes said to Criseria just as another familiar face arrived into her establishment. 

Mynnes looked around and couldn't see if her wagging friend was around or not but still took time to greet @Scarface-TM and realised he is the gentleman Criseria was waiting for. "Let me know if you want anything added to the picnic hamper" She said as she left the two to talk to decide.

It wasn't long until Scarface-TM approached her with his order to add to the hamper of Toasted tomato mozzarella sandwich, Roasted chicken and Peach ice tea. She soon had it in the picnic hamper and handed it over to the duo. "I have placed 2 shot glasses and a bottle of tequila into that hamper" Mynnes said with a wink. She went under the counter and pulled out a picnic blanket to also hand over, "There are some wonderful spots around the lake to enjoy and all this naturally is on me" Mynnes finished up saying.

Report Post Tip

"TM, yes a meal, one we don't have to eat right away we can do exploring around the grounds first if you would like."

Criseria couldn't help but admire the man walking over to the counter, he had come so far in such a short time. It only took him a couple mins to place his order and come back over to join her.  Within about 10 minutes they had brought out the basket for them to take out towards the lake. As she exited the cafe, her men begin following. She gave them a stern look and then they remembered to give her plenty of space today.  They headed towards the path that went up by the lake, it was slightly meandering and an easy trail. In the distance she did notice the Wishing Well that was mentioned in the advertisements of this place.  Maybe on her way back, she would stop at it. 

She decided to speak a little as they walked "I know this is a new endeavor for us, taking on Pasadena, especially on such short notice. Though we have a lot of work to do. I need to know the man that is going to be working beside me. So please tell me more about yourself."

Report Post Tip

TM not usually one to carry baskets and whatnot not he found the overall outlook unsetting burn in this moment he would make the acception. The day already a delightful surprise as he took a sip of his tea, the moment even that much more worth while when good family friend Mynnes personally delivers the order he smiles seeing Criseria give her friend a hug. TM was so happy to see the establishments owner a lady whom had eluded him since her visit to one of his establishments. And while they had the business of young Pup to discuss this was not the place nor time as this was just for enjoyment. 

“Mynnes it is so good to finally run into you, although as always we will have to postpone our chat. I wouldn’t dare keep my pretty boss waiting now would I? Thank you for preparing our meals I’m sure they will be a real treat.”

TM smiles over at Criseria her question making him grin, it wasn’t after all a good question and true while he couldn’t wait to dive I to the meal he figured it would be best for them to take a little stroll through the park. Handing he basket over to one of the triggermen before he holds out his hand and guides the woman out of the establishment talking a walk with her.

”A very good question hun, and not really something most ask me. But I’d like to think I’m making the right moves as far as work goes, as far as personally? My businesses consume most of my free time so it’s hard for me to break free from such a business mind, but isn like to think when I’m not all tuned up or out doing something illegal I’m just your typical guy... Well maybe morn typical otherwise I wouldn’t be here right? I just love LA, and I’ll do anything for my family and friends back home, that includes you hun of course, so is this where I hear the grand tale of Criseria? “

Report Post Tip

Joli had heard about a park that was very beautiful and highly recommended to visit and spend leisurely time at. She strolled through Detroit heading on over to the 'Lakeview Gardens & Cafe' entrance; upon entering the lake her breath was taken away by the scenery and the gorgeous lake sparkling from the suns rays.  She headed on down to the Cafe and waited in line for her turn. She had a backpack with various things in it including a bottle of wine and binoculars. After a few minutes it was her turn.

"I'd like to rent a row boat please, can I just put down a couple hundred and call it good. I plan to be out the rest of the day and maybe into the night, I figured watching the stars at night would be something amazing to see from a row boat in the middle of the lake." Joli smiled sweetly and put down a couple hundreds to cover her well into the following day. The cashier lady happily accepted the money and gave her directions to the docks where the rowboats were tied to.

"Can I also grab a few bags of duck/fish food as well, thanks!" Joli grinned as she accepted the couple of bags of food, and the paddles for the rowboat. She then went on her marry way towards the docks. Arriving at the docks by the lake she examined all of the boats and picked out her favorite one. She tossed her bag gently into the boat, as well as the paddles and hopped in, she then untied it pulling the rope inside the boat and began to paddle out to the middle of the lake.

"This is a perfect spot for my on goings! Le People watching!" She stated to herself so proudly. Joli pulled out the binoculars and started scanning the scenery for anything interesting going on. As she was scanning back she noticed what appeared to be a young couple about to go on a picnic leaving the cafe she had been at just moments ago. They looked familiar but she could only see so well at the distance she was at. She put the binoculars away and rowed her boat just a smidge closer, as to not come off conspicuous. She even took a break and started feeding the ducks.

Report Post Tip

Criseria smiles as she seen TM-Scarface finish his chat with Mynnes, though she is dying to catch up with her. This is something she needed to do for her family. Once he comes close to the door TM, hands the basket over to the trigger men and then holds out his hand, She knows this shouldn't have just caught her so off guard, but no one touches EVER. She hadn't let anyone get that close, however she needed to let her guard down and trust him. It would be rude not to take a gentleman's hand that was extended in friendship, even if it did make her keenly aware of him. 

She listened intently to the answer he gave to her question. Apparently the man lived for work and for his substances. Living for the work could be a great thing as long as he could juggle it all with his new responsibilities, however it seems he must have inherited his Grandfather's addiction. If he can control it as well as his grandfather did, he might make it alright in this life, however if it gains all the control things might not end so well. She would just have to watch and see. 

"I don't think my tale is so Grand, it is just one that started off much like yourself in this world. I found a family a place to call home, and I worked extremely hard to make sure I could be the best for your grandfather and for the city of Los Angeles. He did seem to take notice and gave me an honored position as a co-LHM of his family." Criseria thought now to all the war, and losing so many friends on both sides and her face took on a grave and saddened expression. An expression of one that you known had seen the roughest of times. "Lets just say after 2 wars broke out and we lost good people on both sides, and unfortunately most of the family I came to love, had perished as we continued fighting on. It is not something I typically like to talk about. However, it did help show I was a woman of word, when it came to doing anything for my family and my city. I was able to stay with Don Hope, and help rebuild, she also gave me a place of honor beside her, and the rest of the story you know."

She seen a nice tree that was shaded that she thought might be a good spot to relax by the lake, She motioned the trigger man to come forward with the basket so they could set it down. She then sent him on his way, to keep watch in the distance and give her privacy. 

Report Post Tip

TM could only enjoy his little stroke through the park with the lovey woman. Even still the stories of her hardships sending a familiar feeling through him, loss the loss for his own family aswell as dear friends. He was no stranger to loss and as he saw the look shoot from her own gaze he could only sigh. The sacrifices made and those lost still weighed heavy on the hearts of everyone involved including these two right here. 

“I am so sorry for your losses hun, I am sure it’s must be difficult to get use too to such tragedies. But at the end of the day we do what we must to survive and assure our families survival. I had heated nothing but great things about you form my grandfathers journal although your beauty much more attested in person despite the descriptions. A pleasant surprise amongs many in the new world we find ourselves in.”

TM opened up the basket removing the bottle of tequila before he pours his boss the first shot another for him afterwards as he holds the glass up making a little toast in her honour before he lets the furry liquid pour down his throat. One shot asking for another as he has another to take the edge off of this moment.

“ And in any case am looking forward to the opertunity to get to know you aswell as well as working with you to rebuild the beloved district of Pasedena. Your district and I couldn’t be more prouder to serve such a wonderful person as you Criseria.”

Report Post Tip

Criseria couldn't help but blush at TM-Scarface's compliments of her looks. She still often at times couldn't believe how things had changed, now with her having a family of her own to run, and finally getting to raise a glass with TM-Scarface just seemed like a great start to this new beginning.  Though tequila was not her normal drink, it would take the edge off the moment especially after him giving her such a compliment. 

"I am looking forward to this opportunity to get to know you, and rebuilding this district and helping rebuild the city as a whole." She was truly humbled by his compliment again. 

She takes out the food from the basket and his tomato mozzarella sandwich with chicken, and took her Turkey sub out and crisp out of the basket. And they began to eat. As she was eating it was hard not to notice TM's eyes and how striking they were. So she glanced away and smiled. She started looking at the scenery, admiring such a tranquil place. 

Report Post Tip

A few more shots of tequila before he is handed his samdwhich. Pleased that the both of them could share this simple moment as if the day itself couldn’t not get better. He too admired the scenery around but still couldn’t help his gaze from falling back to hers, even eating he couldn’t help but admire just how adorable she was. Even a few times catching her glancing over to him. So which the young man can’t help but feel a flyshness hit him, thankfully his tan hiding the truth on his face. Even still the silence albeit the wind blowing thru the tread and the sounds of the water really adding to the scene.

”Very rare that I get the opertunities to just sit back and enjoy he niceties... great company an astonishing view... Makes me strive to enjoy these little things more in the future you know? More then pleased you invited me here darlin,”

A smile comes across but his face a deep his eyes meet hers. He takes a deep breathe before resuming with his lunch, he must have been starving because within a few short moments he is looking at his hands. In the back of husband kind he couldn’t help but compliment the shed for but his eyes returning to the blushing lady before him.

Report Post Tip

Joli puts away the food for the ducks and fish, she then pulls out her binoculars again as well as her wine to take a swig and then return it to her bag. Raising her binoculars up she's able to recognize that the random men standing spread out are obviously bodyguards, so the couple was definitely important people. Looking closer at the young couple she can tell they are in an intense conversation with their eye contact never breaking and the way the girl turned quickly Joli knew she had to have been blushing from whatever the gentleman said to her.

"Oh this is getting good." As Joli is intensely studying and being nosey, she feels a thud and her boat starts to rock back and forth from the sudden difference in weight in her boat and something brush upon her leg, dropping the binoculars in the boat and immediately throwing her hands straight trying to steady the boat again with making her weight even she side glances to the left where she felt whatever touch her and realized she had gained a friend. She had not closed the bag of food completely and a large swan had decided to board her little row boat. He had his entire beak and neck shoved inside the bag eating the food. 

"Bad duck! Swan? Giant bird! Are you trying to blow my cover and cause me to fall over board!" she yelled at the swan poking it, which he returned the favor by coming out of the bag and honking loudly in her face and going back to eating the duck food. Joli rolled her eyes and accepted the fact that he was now as well apart of her 'Le' People Watching' crew in the little rowboat, in the near middle of the lake. Rolling her eyes she bent over and picked up the binoculars again and went back to looking at the young couple, as well as scanning frequently in all directions pretending to be bird watching in the skies above.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Lakeview Gardens & Cafe
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL