Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:50:38
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
To Protect Prosperity for All Started by: Marie_Lucania on Jun 14, '18 00:11

There is no drive for anyone other than the Godmother to come out here and offer open debate for those seeking answers. Such an approach shouldn't be so cynically disregarded, as if people like Isabella didn't come out here and put themselves in the firing line with their opinions, those seeking answers would just have an empty floor to hear their grievances. 

Report Post Tip

“Very well, I’ll say it less polite and simpler. 

1.  Godfather doesn’t seem like an easy job.

2.  I prefer godfathers who care enough about our opinion of them enough to come out to the streets, even though they will always take shit for it.

3.  We (or our ancestors) have all done our fair share of killing, and I’m sure the victims of those acts of violence wouldn’t say great things about us or our reasons.

4. So don’t be a judgemental jerk throwing stones cause it could be worse (no communication and a godfather who doesn’t give a shit) but also because one day it could be us or our know de in her unenviable position.”

Report Post Tip

“ also if she tells what she learned, and/or from who, no one will ever tell her shit again... so why the hell would she do that.  That level of transparency is nice in theory but foolish in practice.”

“I think that about covers everything I said ... with less words”

Report Post Tip

I don't think anyone wants a source, so I don't know why your persist with that line. However your previous comment is far better than your original one Isabella. No need to dance around the comments, say what you mean to say and be done with it. I'm not being a jerk, just not mincing my words.

As to Jack's comments, I didn't say I disagreed with Isabella, I get where she is coming from, what I said was her words meant nothing. She offered no value to the topic, other than to politely say what she feels without offering any actual information - so essentially it did nothing for anyone, other than give her a chance to use a lot of words.

Report Post Tip

And it sure was a lot of words.

Report Post Tip

Regarding your first point, Ellie, two former CLs can have a similar vision of peace and prosperity that all of our cities share now and still have been auths prior to the last war. 

Dub, I suggest you reread the original speech of @Marie_Luciana as well as your own. In your view it's possible for the bloodline of two former CL's to share this same goal and vision as the rest of country's but not four? 

I don't know why you think that because some people died in that last conflict they automatically cannot share a common vision with those in charge now?

Your own Godfather Chairman just removed a city because she agreed with your above statement and so judging from those actions, no they cannot. Your bloodline line was a CL before the war, took part in the war, thus making you a part of the so called 'status quo'. Why should you be different?

And two CLs out of X amount cannot uphold a status quo as they're automatically in the minority... 

I find this comment rather contradictory. Before the removal of Las Vegas there was four CL's who's bloodline had been in leadership positions before last month's war. So even with four, it would still have been a minority and not enough to uphold a status quo as you so put it, however on the other hand it was enough for a city to be removed? Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either.

Nevermind though, round of applause for stopping by and speaking up. It's much appreciated. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
I do think that what the Godfather has said was one reason in the removal of Las Vegas but the more obvious reason surely has to be Lucky and Dollface watched as 'neutrals' while the rest of the world warred and killed most of the city of Las Vegas. Given they did that why would the rest of the cities trust them?

After Syndicates unfortunate demise the rest of the cities felt they could not finish off Lucky or Dollface without him. They bided their time and they came up with a strategy to eliminate all around Lucky rather than the man himself and he finished the job for them.

In my opinion this a finishing of the previous war than the start of a new one.
It is unfortunate that a lot of people recently joined with Las Vegas also died but trust was clearly an issue between Las Vegas and the rest.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Ellie 

I suggest you ponder over what exactly was said... Marie mentioned that there were people in charge within Las Vegas. Not that Dollface or Lucky were those that didn't have the same ideals of Peace and Prosperity. Now, you may ask, "Well why didn't you take care of those people specifically?" Because a city can't just come into another city's business and kill off CLs without expecting the GFs of said city to be, reasonably, peeved off.

As far as you hanging on the point that both TM and I's lines were auths prior to the war, yes that's true. However, I think you fail to remember that NY and LV opened the war by hitting LA which was the home of TM. And if I recall correctly, TM was killed rather quickly and my father was killed from a failed pro shot. So the only manner in which either of us were involved in the war was that TM was being shot at and I was killed by a pro before Chicago as a whole even entered the war... 

What I said about two CLs having a common interest of Peace and Prosperity was referring to you being upset that TM and I's lines were authed once before... And for that to be the first Crew Leader in my line's history, to be a CL for merely a week and a half or so, and to be killed while not involved in the war and you sit here and say I was a part of the 'status quo' is absolutely senile and asinine. It truly shows your ignorance on the matter. 

And once again, me saying that two CLs cannot maintain a 'status quo' as they're in the minority was in defense of you saying what you did about TM and I's line. If you're a Godfather, your values are what are supposed to drive that of a city... However, when you auth people whose motives are driving against that of the Godfather's, then you can't just sit by and let it happen. I would assume that this is rather common sense, but given your rough streak of ignorance in this exchange, I'm not surprised by it not being common sense for yourself. 

I wish you, specifically, all the best luck in whatever future endeavors you and your offspring decide to pursue. I understand losing a loved one can be tough, but spewing nonsense in the streets likely isn't the best way to heal. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I do think that what the Godfather has said was one reason in the removal of Las Vegas but the more obvious reason surely has to be Lucky and Dollface watched as 'neutrals' while the rest of the world warred and killed most of the city of Las Vegas. Given they did that why would the rest of the cities trust them?

TrustyLoaner, if that's the case then why did they agree to a ceasefire at such a critical point in our world? Did they not have the balls to finish what they started? 

Report Post Tip

BudKnight slowed his majestic noble steed as he approached the commotion that was occurring in the streets. The people of the underworld were debating and somewhat arguing over the speech recently given by Godfather Chairmen Marie_Lucania in regards to the recent removal of Las Vegas. 

"I believe that most of the confusion and disagreement is based around this section of the speech and I hope that I can shed some light on what I understand from this statement."

Unfortunately, there were those in their city who didn’t share this vision of peace and prosperity, and seemed to be more interested in bringing back the status quo that led to the devastating war that we have now been tasked to rebuild from; they simply were not able to transition themselves to this new age.

"The issue was not of a status quo in regards to every bloodline that was in leadership prior to the devastating war across the country. I believe the issue was the vision or goals possibly of some of those that were removed. As we heard from that part and the following part of the speech..."

It seemed, according to the overwhelming evidence that was obtained from multiple sources, that these forces growing in Las Vegas had the apparent desire to reverse the progress that we have collectively made over the past several weeks. This simply could not be allowed to happen.

"If you had just won a war where the odds were mounted against you to begin with. Then you spend weeks rebuilding. Finally you find out that some people who had found their way into leadership in another city were looking to reverse your work and go against the shared vision of the many. What would you do? Just sit back and watch it happen? No. You protect what is yours and what you are working towards. Even if that means killing some that you did not view as the "guilty ones". Which I believe Marie clearly stated in her speech in regards to Lucky and Dollface."

For myself, personally, I found the decision of whether or not to attack Godfather Lucky and Don Dollface extremely hard to make; and I believe that in their hearts, they wanted the same thing we all wanted. Unfortunately, in the end, it came down to the matter of whether they were consciously and actively promoting this group, or whether they were simply unaware to what was occurring in their city.

He takes a sip of water as he continues on, "Overall, clearly the current leadership believes that those who are still standing are for a common goal and going to work well together to accomplish it. Those who now lay 6 feet under clearly were not viewed in the same light. I mean, this thing of ours has seen many cities fall due to the actions of even just one person. So it is nothing new to see a Godfather taken down during his run because others working around him or her."

"Now, others are complaining for the evidence. Well Marie has done more than she honestly even had to by coming out here to make this speech and give a background as to why this conflict happened. So either you can be happy with the explanation she gave or not. Doesn't mean she has to answer any of your own specific questions or debate with you if she chooses not to." Bud gets back up on his horse with one final thing to say.

"Now, I can't speak FOR Marie so possibly I misinterpreted some of this as well. Maybe I've added no clarity to those who apparently cannot understand what she is talking about. I also cannot speak for every leader involved with this war. All I can say is that these things happen and there will always be those who are bitter and those who are relieved that what they chose to do was a success. Although that does not always mean they are HAPPY to do it. Being a leader in the mafia does not come with easy decisions or an easy life. Everything you do and say gets critiqued or viewed in different ways. I for one am happy to see Marie coming to the streets to give the information she did in order to not leave everyone completely in the dark."

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $840,000 Tip

Now, you may ask, "Well why didn't you take care of those people specifically?" Because a city can't just come into another city's business and kill off CLs without expecting the GFs of said city to be, reasonably, peeved off.

Dub, believe me, I know the process in removing cities. Hoever, for your Godfather Chairman to come out publicly and state that she authorized the removal of Las Vegas because they promoted the previous status quo, whilst your own city as well as Los Anegles actively also does the same is absolutely ridiculous. 

As far as you hanging on the point that both TM and I's lines were auths prior to the war, yes that's true. However, I think you fail to remember that NY and LV opened the war by hitting LA which was the home of TM. And if I recall correctly, TM was killed rather quickly and my father was killed from a failed pro shot. So the only manner in which either of us were involved in the war was that TM was being shot at and I was killed by a pro before Chicago as a whole even entered the war... 

Like it or not, your bloodline was a part of this so called status quo. Your bloodline, as well as that of TM-Scarface were in leadership positions before the war commenced, meaning they were a part of the regime. If what you claim is true, why doesn't your Godfather come out and correct her previous statement? Why doesn't she come out, quit the bullshit, stop pussy footing around and admit that Las Vegas was removed because of influence on her side pushing her to kill certain bloodlines? 

It truly shows your ignorance on the matter. 

Actually, I believe it shows yours because for whatever reason you don't seem to understand. I apologise if you think I am making this personal, but the fact of the matter is that you are one of the two examples that make your Godfather's reasoning so bizarre. 

And once again, me saying that two CLs cannot maintain a 'status quo' as they're in the minority was in defense of you saying what you did about TM and I's line. If you're a Godfather, your values are what are supposed to drive that of a city... However, when you auth people whose motives are driving against that of the Godfather's, then you can't just sit by and let it happen. I would assume that this is rather common sense, but given your rough streak of ignorance in this exchange, I'm not surprised by it not being common sense for yourself. 

I wish you, specifically, all the best luck in whatever future endeavors you and your offspring decide to pursue. I understand losing a loved one can be tough, but spewing nonsense in the streets likely isn't the best way to heal. 

As much as I'd love to, I'm not going to get into a public slanging match with you as I have better things to do. I appreciate you coming out and heping prove my point though. Your previous response was enough to do that, I don't think you could have came out and contradicted your own Godfather anymore if you tried. Kudos. 

I too, wish you specifically the best of luck for your future. Given that your Godfather is completely blind to the snakes that surround her, you're probably going to need it more than I. 

Report Post Tip

Please allow to me apologize, in all the excitement it appears I have made a mistake, how silly of me. Yourself and Los Angeles aren't the only cities promoting the previous status quo, it appears Philadelphia are too in regards to ShoNuff. Another who's bloodline is a part of the previous regime overlooked by your Godfather. They rightly deserve a mention too.  

Report Post Tip

ShoNuff stopped to hear what Godmother @Marie_Lucania had to say about the recent war.  It's not his place to question what transpired but appreciated her coming to address the people.

As he was leaving to intend to his business he heard his name being mentioned and turn to address that person.

Ellie what the fuck are you talking about?  Are you just looking for people to drag into your shit here?

Report Post Tip

Calling for a ceasefire then attacking is a fantastic strategy. But the disrespect some of you show for the dead is outrageous . It is sad to see a conversation cannot happen without throwing subliminal messages at people who are no longer with us. There is no class in doing this, lets try to be better people. 

Report Post Tip

Ellie what the fuck are you talking about?  Are you just looking for people to drag into your shit here?

ShoNuff, I am merely pointing out a fact. I know the truth hurts sometimes buddy.  

Report Post Tip
The truth is your ancestor is dead and don't know fuck all, buddy.

I'm dancing around their corpse singing kumbaya..
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

ShoNuff just shakes his head.

Don't have the time and I don't entertain bullshit Ellie, you have a nice day. 

Report Post Tip

I'm dancing around their corpse singing kumbaya..

That right there, shows he has a lot more maturity than you, so I'm willing to bet he probably knows a little bit. 

Would you like me to show you where the nursery is? 

Report Post Tip
Want me to show you were the funeral parlour is?
Report Post Tip

My issue with this is you've yet to tell how... Your only point in this regard is that TM and I's line were authed then and as I explained, neither of us were responsible for the collapse of the game as TM and his city were the initial target, and my father was killed via a failed pro. So your entire point here is wrong.

Dub, if you haven't gotten it yet then what's the point? It doesn't take a genius to see the point I am making. 

Want me to show you were the funeral parlour is?

TommyOliver, are you sure you know which end of your gun to point with? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: To Protect Prosperity for All
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL