Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 06:24:58
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Rivard Plaza Started by: ChelseaUccello on Jun 21, '18 15:46

There was something for everyone here. Rivard Plaza was an all-inclusive Detroit River destination for tourists and locals alike. Outdoor activities were in abundance, and there was never a shortage of visitors, weather permitting. 

The Cafe' was small, not much more than a snack bar, really, with just a few indoor and outdoor seating arrangements. Eateries in Detroit were numerous, and the small shop wasn't trying to compete, but simply offer light breakfast, lunch, and sugary treat options which could be eaten on the go.

The play area and fountains were where the youngest visitors gravitated; set within the center of the beautifully landscaped park and gardens, the picnic tables, meandering trails, and photograph-worthy statuary gave the plaza beauty, charm, and lovely areas to spend the day.

The bike shop and river tour building was smallish, but offered multiple options for waterfront activities. One could rent bicycles or paddleboats here, or book a seating for a riverboat tour that cruised out each hour to show off the growing Detroit skyline.

The carousel was the plaza's pride and joy. Painted ponies glistened under the sun, waiting for their next load of  passengers to happily ride the revolutions to the sounds of pipe organ melodies.

Welcome to Detroit! Enjoy your stay!

Report Post Tip

The bagel was great that Chelsea brought from The Cafe' earlier. Fiorenzo made her wait for him to down another mimosa before they made their way to Rivard Plaza. The alcohol had Fiorenzo in high spirits. Detroit had quickly felt like home. She pulled him along to show him all of the things she noticed on her way back to The Trane Station.

They walked towards the center of the plaza and took in everything. There was a lot to do here just a short walk from their new home. Fiorenzo had been watching the river for any sign of fowl. He caught a glimpse of the paddle boat rental shack. 

"Does Mrs. Uccello have her sea legs?" Fiorenzo changed things up and pulled her along somewhere excited. He wanted to get out on the water and get away from the eyes of the park anyways. She didn't move for a moment. Fiorenzo turned, and his eyes fell to their clasped hands. They traveled up to Chelsea's face, and then took the turn to where she stared. 

Quack!

A kid ran off crying away from the fountains. He had dropped his bagel on the ground in terror. A duck had taken to flight and nearly scared the boy half to death with it's wings in his face for a moment. There was that overweight waddler! The mallard snatched up the bagel with it's bill and waddled off towards the trails of the park.

"He's going to get us into trouble when they find out he's a pet." Fiorenzo grumbled as he shook his head. He looked over at Chelsea with a raised brow. 

Report Post Tip

Heartless Had long tough day of work at his new shop, he felt hungry so he walked alongside the river seeking for place to eat, when he saw Rivard Plaza, but he read it Rivard Pizza since he is very hungrey.

Heartless entered the plaza straight to the cafe, asking for food, for pizza, it hasn't long time when his order was done, after he ate to his full, he recognized that he was at Plaza not Pizza place, he saw Chelsea running from place to place inside, he walked to her congrating her for the new place and had some fun chat with her, it wasn't long before he finished his break and went back to work.

Report Post Tip

Fio and Chelsea had stopped to talk to Heartless for a bit,  congratulating him on his impending auth. Detroit was growing, and it was nice to see their crew mate out enjoying himself before he got too busy to do so. The pizza in his hand looked pretty good; Chelsea had only ever purchased the bagels here, but with the plaza being so close to The Trane Station and their home, she imagined she'd be trying everything on the menu before long. Tidying up after herself, she had gotten better at. Cooking, not so much.

After grabbing a couple of slices for themselves, Chelsea was able to talk her husband into a thirty- minute riverboat tour. They would be flying out of Detroit soon, chasing jobs yet again. She really wanted to see more of the city before they rushed off out of it.

Report Post Tip

She had just traveled to the city, had quite some time before she was able to go home.  As with every new city, she had to check out the local businesses, see what they had to offer.  She had just started making her way through the city, noticing something called the Plaza.  It was sure to have something fun to do, a way to waste some time in Detroit.  Making her way around the plaza, she looked at the various forms of entertainment.  She wasn't much for local scenery, so passed up the river tour. 

She scanned the rest of the plaza, immediately noticing the carousel.  She made her way towards it, also seeing the playground. She stepped up onto the carousel once it was her turn, choosing a purple sparkling pony.  There were so many vibrant colors to choose one, but that had always been her favorite color.  The carousel started, spinning her around, she smiled and watched the plaza as it went by. 

Her next stop was the playground.  Why not, it was fun to be a kid sometimes.  She like to enjoy herself, make the most of her day.  She walked through the park, seeing a swing set.  She just had to, didn't care who looked at her funny.  She hopped on an empty swing, smiling at a couple of children next to her.  She spent a while on the swing, remembering the carefree days of her childhood. 

She finally hopped off the swing, nearly falling on her face.  She stumbled for a moment, laughed to herself, and looked around for that cafe she saw earlier.  She realized she had been wandering the park for a couple of hours, and was getting hungry.  She grabbed a cup of coffee and a treat, taking a seat outside to watch the people walk by. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

After Elias had almost thought about stealing some of Intrigue's cake in E~Cake House, he still felt rather guilty, the greed just almost consumed himself, and he wanted to make it up to her. Another mafioso was building a small business empire in Detroit, who went by the name ChelseaUccello - Elias hadn't met her before, but was sure that they would become friends later on in life. She worked for Coltrane, who equally had a great reputation in this world. 'If she's part of his family, she must be nice!' Elias thought to himself...

As Intrigue and Elias walked into the Rivard Plaza - they bumped into ChelseaUccello herself - 'good morning my dear, it's a pleasure to meet you, I've seen you around Detroit, but I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting. I'm Elias, and this is my friend Intrigue, my friend from Seattle.' They all shook hands and done the usual formalities before Elias asked her, 'I have some making up to do I'm afraid, today is my treat - I want to take Intrigue to The bike shop and river tour - is that something you would be able to arrange for us?' He paused before embarrassingly admitting the truth behind the visit 'I love spending time with Intrigue, we've been friends for years and years, and somemtimes I take that for granted. I had a bad moment in a cake shop, and being impatient and waiting for mine, I tried to steal some of hers. I'm lucky she didn't kill me!' before chuckling once again and waiting for directions form ChelseaUccello..

Report Post Tip

Chelsea grinned at her new acquaintances. 

"Very nice to meet you both! And I understand, of course. Fio and I are forever taking turns giving each other...um. Love taps," she said, leading the way towards the small ticket booth. Holding up two fingers, two tickets were immediately passed under the window, and the attendant nodded politely. Chelsea scooped them up and handed one to both Elias and Intrigue; most of the plaza employees knew her by now and understood that she'd settle up any tabs later on.

"You couldn't have come at a better time of day. When the sun sets, they keep doing the tours for another hour or so, and you can watch the stars come out and the lights of the city come to life. It's quite a sight!" She finished, walking alongside them as they made for the launch area. 

"I know you'll have a great time. Enjoy!" She waved at them, then looked up at the approaching light of dusk. It was so nice out here. Detroit had an awful reputation for being a dirty, cursed city. You would never know it, standing here, she thought as she watched the riverboat paddle slowly away. 

Report Post Tip

"I promise I won't flip us this time."  She said to Elias who walked beside her towards the front desk.  Behind them, as always, an army of men followed watching for trouble - whether a rival gang or Elias' roaming hands.

Elias laughed.  "That would be harder to do on a river boat."

"But you admit it's not impossible?"

"For you?"  he shook his head.  "Probably not.  If I wasn't so scared of what your father's goons might do to me... I just might pick a fight with you just to see you do it."

She winked at Elias before purchasing their passes on the river boat... theirs and the large group of bodyguards as well.  "It's it a real pain in the ass how much it costs to haul these guys around everywhere?  I seriously can't be the only person to notice that."

"Probably not."  Elias said holding her hand as she stepped onto the gang plank.  "But what are you going to do other than shake your fist at God?"

"Considering we're going out on a boat again, let's not tempt his wrath."  She laughed and went to find her seat aboard the boat as it set off for the sunset cruise along the Detroit River.  

"So... tell me about young Elias Landucci.  What was your life like growing up?"

Report Post Tip

As they sat down on the boat, towards the back where they'd not be disturbed he listened to Isabella_Luciano's question to him, he knew after what he'd told her, about his fears of losing her, and confessing publicly to her & her father Don Salvatore how he felt. That this question would come up, albeit a tough one that he never truly liked speaking about.

He looked her in the eyes, and stroked her raven hair back behind her ears, the wind was picking up, and the lake was rather choppy, but not enough for it to capsize! Her rage that day, and his own - to cause that boat to tip was easy enough, but thankfully not this time. He knew they would have their fights over the years to come, and god knows they'd be furious from both ends, but when the storm calmed, they always ensured to make it up to one another...

'My life growing up was hard, from a childhood I never really knew my father, he worked away from home, I would see him only 1 day a week, and when you're that age - you don't really even know who they are, it just seemed an extra person in the house, who felt like a stranger. My mom worked every hour God would put in the days, she held down 4 jobs sometimes, all she wanted to do was afford a decent education for me. But it's just not what I felt I needed, I was always pretty hands on, I never got along with hiding away, reading a book. I much preferred being outdoors, and most of the time getting up to mischief.' 

'When my mum died of pneumonia, my dad didn't even show up to the funeral' he gripped Isabella's hand rather tightly before bowing his head..'in fact I can't actually remember the last time I saw him, for all I know he's dead too. Obviously with mom gone, no father on the scene, the house was repossessed, I was too old for foster care, so I just hit the streets. Living one day at a time,  never knowing where i'd end up, when my last day on this earth would come... I survived doing petty crime, and picking wallets on the Chicago streets, just like you in New York, maybe one day we could have a contest, for old times sake, see who still has the golden lift?' as he winked at her and smiled..

'The reason I didn't tell you my surname, was I genuinely never use it. My father carried that name, I'm not like him, that no good son of a bitch is no reflection on me, or who I became. If it wasn't for Marie_Lucania giving me a home in Chicago, I'd have no idea where I'd be now, but it's probably safe to say I'd even be a drug addict, in jail or dead. I owe my life to her, and to Don Salvatore. When Marie asked me to leave Chicago and move with him to Detroit, it wasn't easy. I tell you that much. But she was his love, and you would do anything for the people you love' as he looked back to Isabella still with their eyes met before continuing 'you'd do anything for the person you love, wouldn't you?'

Report Post Tip

"I would."  She admitted.  "You know, you're a member of this family now... Luciano and maybe one day you'll be so in more ways than one.  You could always change it.  I mean I'm sure my father would feel a great swell of honor at the idea that you feel that he, more than even the man who gave you life, carried a name you felt love and respect for."

She let herself lean on Elias as the ship continued down the river, "As for the Golden Lift... we could try it right her on the damn boat if you wanted."  She chuckled.  "Could be good for a laugh or three."

Report Post Tip

From his reading session in the park TM finds himself waving down one of his own brand new taxis, smirk on his face when he gets in and isn’t overwhelmed with the stench of the driver as he had been traveling via taxi in other cities, no he wanted his drivers and his service to be as perfect as his Saiyan Army was. Even still was more delighted to continue on taking in the sights of such a remarkable city. Completely ignoring the driver in small talk just so he can continue to gaze out the window untill something anything catches his eye which it did as the car comes to a resounding stop after he yells out.

”Stop Stop stop! Let me out... and don’t think I’ll be paying for this damn ride either after all you do work for me now.. Just kidding I’m feeling in a generous mood.”

TM starts to chuckle reaching into his pocket removing the money clip, tossing a few dollars in the seat infront of him before he starts to make his way to the place that had caught his eye. For the most part any new establishment didn’t go under his radar for long. Rivard Plaza was fairly new but already it was advertising a whole variety of fun filled activities, a few in which he would more then definatly return with his beloved but for now he just wanted a simple coffee at the cafe. After getting his order The Saiyan Prince heads by the river front to enjoy his cafinated beverage and the magnificent day outside.

As Elias let Isabella_Luciano nestle into him, he put his arm around her and pulled her in. It was the best feeling in the world, and a feeling that he held dear in his heart, due to how close he came to never experiencing it ever again..'you know my dear, I think right now I'd prefer to stay calm, and relaxed on this boat. To just enjoy the moment, and the comfortable ride.'

He paused...

'Because the last thing I want to do is upstage you on this boat, lift more dollars and for you to chuck me in the river again for being a sore loser! It took me all night to get the smell out of my beard last time!'

Report Post Tip

Isabella smacked in the arm.  “ Sore loser!?!  I am no such thing!  And who says I would lose?   If you ask me between the two of us I have much more grace and style and you!   And if you’re ever courageous enough to put it to the test we can get started right away of course I’ll totally understand if you want to make up another lame excuse as to why we can’t test your skills right now.”

Report Post Tip

Elias pinched her nose softly, 'it's so easy to annoy you dear, I just couldn't resist to bait you there. Why don't you name the stakes for the winner, and the loser. Lets make this interesting..!' He kissed her forehead to attempt to calm down Isabella_Luciano's fury, knowing that if this didn't work. He would well end up thrown overboard once again...deja vu?

Report Post Tip

Intrigue has left the hotel she was staying at to do a few errands while she was in Detroit. The weather was rather hot and it felt like the shower she has not long had at the hotel was a waste of time. She was visiting Corktown when she remembered Elias had taken her to a relatively new place not so long ago and that she had intended to go back in her own time sometime, to look around some more. She decided to rush her tasks through and make her way to to the place.

One by one her errands were getting completed until she was finally done, "I'm free" she said a little too excited as a massive grin formed on her face. She then started to make her way towards Rivard Plaza. It didn't take too long to get there and the closer she got it was as if the air was getting fresher as she approached nature of the location. 

She went into the plaza and started to stroll around, she could see people were enjoying their time and she immediately felt more relaxed after such a busy day doing work and the horrible flight she experienced earlier on. She went into The Café and ordered herself a couple of ham sandwiches, crisps and a drink to go enjoy somewhere within the grounds of the park. She paid up what she owed and left a tip too "Please tell the owner this place is wonderful" she said as she then thanked the server to leave the cafe to go back outside. 

"It's too hot to do much" she moaned a bit as she walked further around until she came across the playground and fountains. It had beautiful gardens around it and plenty of places to go and sit. She could see many were within the same minds as they were darting around the fountains, trying to cool off. Intrigue turned to one of her guards and asked him to look after her lunch and bag and to go wait under a tree with it, that she was pointing at. "If you can't beat them, join them!" she said with a grin as she jumped into the fountains and started to dance around the water. It was refreshing and she didn't seem to care that she was getting soaked through, nor did she seem to care that she had no other dry clothes with her. She was enjoying her time and she simply didn't worry what people may or may not have thought. 

After a while, she walked up to where she sent her guard and sat down on the ground. She was soaked but it won't take long in the heat for her to dry she was thinking to herself. She took her belongings back off her guard and proceeded to have herself a little picnic. 

"First person to $100 wins.  The boat isn't full of rich folks so I think $100 is a fair number... who knows maybe it's impossible for one of us to nab that much but I'll count jewelry lifted if we can agree on value for each item."

She looks around. "If you're caught you're automatically the loser."  She smirks.

Report Post Tip

Elias looks towards Isabella_Luciano and nods in agreement, they're absolutely in agreement with the bet, although it seems very risky. He'd noticed many rich folk on board... 'God it's tempting' Elias thinks to himself, 'and it'd be great to teach Isabella who the real master lifter of pockets truly is. As he let out a loud enough chuckle even the potential victims turned around and put eyeballs on him.. 'damn, it's gonna be hard NOT to be spotted now Izzy - but who am I to ever turn down one of your challenges?' 

Report Post Tip

"Tell you what... I'll spice up the pot a bit.  If you win, I'll ditch my dad's bodyguards for a five minutes alone with you in any place of your choosing.  What we do during that five minutes will be forgotten about and never spoken of."  She smirked.

"If I win... you start saving up to take me on a trip to Cuba.  Dad took Marie there and I want to go too.  Deal?"

Report Post Tip

Elias laughed quite loudly at Isabella_Luciano - 'I'll be honest with you Izzy, either of those sound like wins for me..but 5 minutes? If you're thinking what I believe you are thinking, then you've picked the wrong man, I wouldn't do you that dis-service' - they both held their stomachs almost crying with laughter - however Elias was aware of Isabella's wounds that were still healing, and he didn't want to cause her any discomfort after all...

'So...are we starting now?' He looks at Isabella quite intently. Waiting for her to respond..

Report Post Tip

Lushie had not long enjoyed an evening at Frybread Express and was taking a walk around the districts to walk off some of the food. It was a lovely evening and she had an idea to revisit a place she had read about, Rivard Plaza. She made her way in the direction of the plaza as she tried to make up her mind what she would do there. She wasn't in need of food, for she had just eaten her weight of it, nor was it the time of day for jumping around in fountains. But, then again who makes up all the rules of things like that? Lushie grinned to herself as her childish side was starting to come into her brain and her adult side went on holiday.

She soon arrived at the plaza and made her way in. Still feeling a little full from the food, she realised jumping around the fountains was not on the cards, for now at least. She made her way towards the river and spotted a smallish building that offered a variety of activities for on the river. "Perfect" she muttered to herself as she read about the river tours and went to get herself booked onto one. "Evening, I suspect this will be a beautiful trip with the skyline and lights", Lushie said as she got herself onto the boat and took a seat. 

The boat went along at a steady pace along the river and to Lushie she was not disappointed. She felt relaxed and was enjoying her surroundings. It was peaceful other than the sound of the boat. There weren't many people around for it being so late and all you could really hear was the sounds of the nocturnal birds and the water as the boat cut it way through it. The skyline of the city was magnificent. 

Like all good things, the river cruise soon came to an end and she found herself back at the Rivard Plaza. She made her way off the boat and headed towards The Cafe. She went inside and got herself a drink to go, before making her way towards a bench to sit down on to watch the world go by for a while. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Rivard Plaza
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL