Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 08:39:54
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Midnight in Motown Started by: TonyCosta on Jul 11, '18 07:06

Upbeat, jazz music that just begs you to get on your feet and start dancing. The familiar chatter of old friends and acquaintances over drinks. Hearts beating, feet moving, and music thumping-- you've found yourself standing in the middle of the newest up-and-coming night club in all of The Loop with a drink in your hand and your dancing shoes on-- you're in Midnight in Motown.

Right in the heart of Downtown, Detroit, there lies a tall, newly-constructed building that stands out from everything around it-- with its stark white color and elegant, grandiose exterior-- the building itself invites locals and tourists alike to leave their inhibitions outside and step through its heavy, glass doors. About two-storeys high and lined with high columns with intricate carvings on them, the place just screams sophistication. As a final touch and an identifying feature, an image of a skull and bones is blown up into a neon sign, seen from miles away may it be day or night, the skull's eyes boring into the passive bystander's, daring them not to enter.

With the long waiting list each night, bouncers are trained to keep the guest list tight-- everyone who's anyone can be found inside, and anyone who's not has to go find somewhere else to spend the night.

Entering the impressive two-levelled night club, the sight of people dancing is one that's not unfamiliar. With people from all over the country flying into Detroit to get the Midnight in Motown experience, it's a new set of people on that dance floor each night. With the walls painted a deep, elegant emerald, it gives the place a rich and modern vibe to it, while the lights are low and dim, adding to the relaxed atmosphere.

On one side of the vast room lies a fully-stocked bar, with scotches and brandies old enough to order its own scotch and brandy, plus signature cocktails from esteemed and sought-after bartenders. With free-flowing drinks offered to the club's customers, it gives the crowd enough liquid courage to get their feet moving or a conversation going for the night.

While the main attraction of the club is its amazing music and vast dance floor, there is of course a special area for the less party-going types-- the more laid-back and conservative kinds of people. A winding staircase leads to a second floor filled with tables and booths for people to sit and drink at, and with the slight drone of music, it makes the perfect place to unwind and catch up with old buddies. By the corner lies a medium-sized room with the words "VIP" on the door, with red velvet ropes and bouncers lined outside. Inside, caviar and top-notch champagne are served freely, and the VIP room is where high-profile Mafiosi and businessmen come to negotiate in a more exclusive and private setting.

While all of this is happening upstairs, a man sits in the basement of the building-- TonyCosta, the proud owner of Midnight in Motown. His office is the most regal of all-- while relatively small, its interior is one that's fit for a king-- gold-lined floors and lines of liquor in crystal bottles on the shelf. Cleverly situated beneath the heart of the party, the office is far enough from the music to be secluded and private, but close enough so that Tony Costa can attend to any situation or problem in a heartbeat.

With a new night dawning upon Detroit, Midnight in Motown will open its doors soon, as it does every day at 8PM. The only question now is: will you miss out on the best night of your life?

We hope not.

Your escape.
Your guilty pleasure.
Your paradise.

Welcome to Midnight in Motown

Shoutout to Coltrane ;)

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

As he stepped out off the stage of another famous club in town , a local talent scout approached him with a gig at a new place that had recently started. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, Alexander accepted. The scout was eager to get him started the same night and so he simply followed the man to his car. 

A few hours later he made his way inside through the back door of the new place. The kitchen staff were barking orders as they hastened to get the starters done. Ducking more than a few waitresses he made his way into the club proper. The place was packed with the social elite chattering away happily as they awaited the festivities that were about to come. He rushed past the expensive decor, pausing only briefly to glance at the exquisitely designed stage as he pictured himself atop it captivating the audience. As they came to a stop he leaned down in a corner and placed his palms on his knees desperately trying to catch his breath. 

Alexander took a moment to talk to the band. He had been unable to get a chance to rehearse with them, but he was certain that  would have picked some of the best. He helped them understand the rhythm he wanted and stepped on to the stage slowly taking in the moment. with the money that had gone into the place they had to have picked the best musicians available. The lights came out briefly blinding him as he stood next to the microphone. He could hardly make out the faces of the numerous strangers in the crowd. But he knew they were there , their eyes trained on him as they waited for him to begin.

Oh, ey

Alexander felt the adrenaline pumping in his veins. Grabbing a hold of the microphone he smiled and said "This first one goes out to a lovely lightweight I once knew." He took in a deep breath and closed his eyes. All worries about his past, all his exhaustion from the journey slipped , all anxieties about the strangers in front of him slipped away. All that remained was him and the microphone in his hands. 

His voice came out tenderly at first, barely a whisper as he began to sing.

You don't know babe
When you hold me
And kiss me slowly
It's the sweetest thing
And it don't change
If I had it my way
You would know that you are

You're the coffee that I need in the morning
You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring
Won't you give yourself to me
Give it all, oh

The sounds of the piano accompanied his melodic voice as the words escaped his lips. He tapped his foot and the drummer followed his lead while the bassist picked his moments to chime in and add depth . He opened his eyes and began swaying to the rhythm as he continued to sing.

It's the sunrise
And those brown eyes yes
You're the one that I desire
When we wake up
And then we make love
It makes me feel so nice

You're my water when I'm stuck in the desert
You're the Camel I smoke when my head hurts
You're the sunshine on my life

His voice rose to a crescendo as the song neared it's climax. The emotion seeped through his voice as the sound cascaded through the air.

I just wanna see how beautiful you are
You know that I see it
I know you're a star
Where you go I follow
No matter how far
If life is a movie
Then you're the best part, oh oh oh
You're the best part, oh oh oh
Best part

If you love me won't you say something
If you love me won't you...

Alexander's voice fell to a vulnerable whisper yet again as the last line escaped his lips, the note lingering impossibly long before it seemingly disappeared into the darkness of the crowd. He stepped to a side and bowed , grinning sheepishly to a raucous applause that he had not expected. He gestured to the band and nodded seemingly giving them most of the credit. Turning back towards the crowd he grabbed the microphone yet again and said "My name is Alexander Knight and tonight ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to join me for a musical voyage through this melancholic midnight here in motown."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Having started things off with a slow ballad, he was ready to kick things into gear. He nodded to the violinist who burst forth into a quick tempoed intro. Bobbing his head to the melody he walked back and clutched the microphone forcefully. "Now then," he began with a sly smile "Hold on to your seats folks, we're about to blow the roof off this place." Pausing briefly for dramatic affect he continued "This one goes out to all of you seduced by the dangerous beauty that accompanies life on the wrong side of the law. To everyone holding onto the hope of finding a partner in crime."

The song kicked off with frantic energy and his voice came out on a screeching high note.

You'll never take us alive
We swore that death will do us part
They'll call our crimes a work of art

The drums came in blasting forth with a thunderous rhythm. The sound was like a shot of adrenaline to his arm and Alexander let his voice reach new heights.

You'll never takes us alive
We'll live like spoiled royalty,
Lovers and partners
Partners in crime
Partners in crime

This is a tale of reckless love
Living a life of crime on the run,
I brush to a gun to paint these states green...
And red

Everybody freeze! Nobody move!
Put the money in the bag. Or we will shoot!
Empty out the vault. And me and my doll will be on our way

Our paper faces flood the streets
And if the heat comes close enough to burn
Then we'll play with fire 

Enjoying the high octane groove of the song, Alexander spun on his toes letting his coat twirl around him . Grabbing the microphone he lifted it up along with its stand and walked over to the drummer as he transitioned into the chorus. The drummer perhaps finding his energy infectious surprised everyone with a resounding solo. A delighted chuckle escaped his throat coming off as an evil cackle on the microphone. Turning back around, he decided to turn the showboating up to the max. Clutching the microphone and its stand possessively in his hands , he sprinted forth and leaped before sliding on his knees on the smooth granite stage and coming to a stop inches from the edge. As the closest patrons moved back in their chair surprised he fell smoothly into the chorus.

The skies are black with lead-filled rain,
A morbid painting on display,
This is the night the young love died
Buried at each others side

You never took us alive
We swore that death would do us part
So now we haunt you in the dark
You never took us alive

We live as ghosts among these streets
Lovers and partners
Partners in crime!
Partners in crime!
Partners in crime!

The last words came out as a deafening screech floating on a high paced outro from the violins and yet anchored to the thundering drums. When the sound dissipated into nothingness, Alexander sat there on his knees clutching the microphone and heaving as he tried to catch his breath. He knew this was different, something the patrons had not been expecting, nor had they something similar ever before. He knew it would either be hailed as a grand success or he would be tossed out the building. But a madness had possessed him on stage when he performed this tonight and he knew even if this was not appreciated here, he would not let that madness disappear into a dark crevice of his being. This energy, this tempo, this power that had accompanied his voice tonight, even if he had to fight the world to hold on to it as he tried to carve his own niche, he would. 

Somewhere in a corner someone screamed aloud in encouragement and an impossibly loud round of applause followed. One, he had never heard before. Breathing a sigh of relief, Alexander stood up slowly and savoured the moment as the applause continued unimpeded. With an over the top bow he spoke into the microphone once again. "Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen, but we're only getting started. Allow me a moment to recuperate and then you'll find me here all night taking requests. In the meantime, barkeep get these people a drink." 

Pulling out the cigarette he had tucked behind his ear, he placed it in his mouth and hopped off stage. Borrowing a lighter from a young lady on a table nearby he casually lit it and took in a deep drag, feeling the familiar burn in the back of his throat. Returning the lighter back to her with a playful wink, he walked off to a corner letting the smoke cascade out of his nostrils as he did.

Report Post Tip

This life came with it’s own brand of excitement at every turn.  And one young lady was out to enjoy every piece of it that she could.  Tonight Ellie had determined that she was going to spend this beautiful evening doing something that she absolutely loved.  Dancing…  It was supposed to be a big night in Detroit, a new jazz place opening up with a dance floor to die for.  She hadn’t spent a lot of time in Detroit, but she was going to be meeting her father out there in a couple days, so she figured she’d come out early to catch the opening night. 

Excitement coursed through her as tonight was the night.  She dressed to the nines, choosing a dress in emerald green.  That was something she loved about this life and her role in it so far…  Just barely in the life and already she could afford more dresses and finery than she ever had at home…  And now she even had a place to store them.  Adorning the bottom of her dress was beautiful glittering sequins and glitter, patterned stitching making it fun to look at, something that seemed to be a trend for the young woman.  She had an eye for beauty, or at least what was beautiful to her.  Then again she did often have a very unique outlook.

Anyway, tonight she found herself out in Detroit on the town, heading out to the new Midnight in Motown.  Excitement coursed through her as she reached the door.  The bodyguards hesitated for a moment, but as she let them know who she was and showed them that she did indeed belong through those doors, she would move within the dimly lit atmosphere.  Her heart came alive as she heard the ambient music playing.  She weaved her way through, grabbing a drink on her way on up.  She had one destination.  One place she wanted to be…  Right there smack center, in front of the stage.  And that was where she was going to be.  No one argued with the little Luciano, so she moved up fairly uncontested.  As she reached the stage, the very talented young man who was to take it would head on up.  She felt her breath catch.  It was him!  She recognized him as the young man she had seen in Los Angeles a while back.  She had snuck into the Phoenix bar and stood in the back, but she got to enjoy his impromptu show back then and had decided at that time that she absolutely adored him.  The raw talent, the excitement that shone in his eyes.  It was obvious that he loved what he was doing.  And here he was!  She had followed his works by word of mouth, but hadn’t managed to see him since then…  But now…  Now she traveled about as she pleased, so perhaps she could follow him more.

In any case, he was here and she was here.  She gazed up at him, absolutely riveted as he sang his first song, slow and melodic…  Oh she loved every moment!  Her eyes glittered as she swayed, not moving from her place right in the front.   Every song had its own story to tell.  And this one told of love…  Something Eleonora really knew nothing about except what she had read from storybooks.  She smiled and swayed along, allowing her eyes to close as she allowed herself to become immersed in the music.

But as soon as the song began, it ended and the young man was introducing himself.  It was a name that she was becoming very familiar with and she cheered with the crowd as he very quickly surged into the next song.   It was as drastic a difference as night was to day.  Fast and pulse pounding.  She grinned and began to move with the music, not backing down.  Her eyes locked upon the singer.  This was raw…  Edgy…  Something she had not heard much of.  If any.  Music just wasn’t usually like this, at least not what she had heard.  As Alexander surged around the stage, making quite the showman of himself, Ellie beamed and had to fight her own desire to jump right up on stage with him.  But she managed it, pushing down her own desire to do so and just enjoyed the music from where she was.  Decorum and poise really wasn’t a strong suit for the girl, so she thought nothing of dancing and moving to this music just as she would a gentle waltz, but it carried a life of it’s own and there were no dance steps to learn for this dance.  Partners in Crime…  This song embodied the very thing that she longed for in this life.  Companionship… Even Love…  Someone to run with, to fight with, if it called for it, to die with.  It took no time at all, but she was absolutely enraptured.  Her eyes never faltered, and she pressed in rather than shifting back as many of the patrons did. 

But before she was ready, he was singing the last note, his chest heaving with the effort of such a song.  For a brief moment, her eyes locked with his.  Her own eyes danced with a mirth rarely felt.  It was wild, it was untamed…  It was glorious.  It unlocked something within the young woman that had so far been fairly untapped, at least by others.  And all at once, she felt that desire to jump right up there with him again.  Yet he was going to take a break, so she turned to recline back against the stage, taking a moment to catch her own breath.  Slipping her eyes closed behind her, she felt a tremor run through her frame. 

But movement caught her eye.  He was coming down off the stage to take a break?  Perfect…  For a moment, boldness surged through her and she made her way toward him.  Yet as she got nigh a handful of feet from him, her courage faltered.  He did say he was taking requests…  But would he take the request she had?  Well, worst he could say was no, right?  She walked over closer to him, grabbing another drink as she cast a sideways smile his way.  “You’re like nothing I’ve heard before.”  She could have kicked herself.  Way to sound stupid!  “I mean, it was great.  Fantastic really.”  And now she was gushing.  She fell silent.  Right Ellie, good job.  Make an utter and complete fool of herself.  And yet the man didn’t seem to mind at all.  She smiled a little, feeling her cheeks color a tad.  “I’m Eleonora, you said you take requests?  I have something in mind…”  And if he didn’t object, she would lean in and whisper her plan in his ear, feeling like a conspirational teen again as she plotted with this handsome singer until he either agreed or shoved her off calling her an insane weirdo.  But hey, if she was being honest with herself?  She was an insane weirdo.

Report Post Tip

Tons of musicians had walked through that front door before but never had any captivated the crowd even half as much as AlexanderKnight just did. The crowd was out of their seats, drinks were flowing and some had already begun cheering his name. Accompanied by a waitress Tony walked to the front of the stage with a couple celebratory drinks for the two to share. Catching his attention through all the fans hovering he placed a drink into the singers hand. A glimpse of a familiar face led to Tony twisting his neck a bit and he noticed it was young Eleonora_Luciano . He couldn't help but give her a hug, thank her for coming out, and placing a drink in her hand as well. With all three holding a glass in hand Tony made a quick toast..

"To good music, good friends, future, health, family, and continued success. Salute my friends!" and the chant 'salute' followed from the others as they all raised their glasses and cheered before slugging back the top shelf liquor. If things continued to be a riot like they currently were here the other club in town was going to be given a run for it's money. Tony pulled Alexander aside for a quick moment before he had to go back to shaking hands and signing autographs.

"You were absolutely phenomenal my friend I have goosebumps still. I hate to do this but I just got a call from out west and I need to leave immediately but I'll try come back in a day or two. With that said I wanted to talk to you about signing this contract my lawyer has written up to play shows here every week. We'll market and advertise you, you just need to bring what you've did here tonight. With that said I was also curious how you would feel about a management position within the club as well. So whenever I'm not around you run things as you see fit. With all the experience you have I feel the club and my name will be safe in your hands, what's your thoughts?"

Report Post Tip

Alexander stood quietly in a corner away from the average prying eye with nothing but shadows and smoke to keep him company. The night had gone better than he had hoped. His music had resonated with the crowd and he felt like he had left a lasting impression on the people present. This was all he had wanted ever since he was old enough to want anything- fame, glory and recognition. Yet here he was hiding away from all of that, reluctant to return to the stage, yearning for days gone by. Simpler days, hopeful days. Days that would never return again. 

Lost reminiscing , he barely noticed a stranger approach him out of the corner of his eye. A part of him was irritated that someone had encroached upon his personal time and yet there was something about this woman that made him reconsider. She was young, perhaps as young as him which was rare for a place such as this and although she seemed nervous and hesitant she had managed to find her way to him which suggested a powerful backer or a resolute sense of purpose, neither of which he could afford to take lightly. 

Briefly, an unreasonable fear entered the forefront of his brain. He was alone and unarmed in a hidden alcove. The memory of the brutal mugging in LA was still fresh in his mind and his jaw clenched in anticipation of another potential scrape. She smiled at him and that eased him some but he remained cautious nonetheless. The compliment that left her lips and the crimson shade to which her cheeks blushed in embarrassment surprised him and elicited a dry chuckle from him.

Relieved she didn't have any obvious intention to cause him bodily harm he took another look at her. Her olive skin betrayed her as a foreigner and her dominant bearing suggested she was someone much different from him, someone brought up privileged. She had wanted to make a request and he had raised an eyebrow in amusement at her demure demeanor .With a curious smile he nodded in encouragement. As she leaned in to whisper conspiratorially , they were interrupted by TonyCosta.

Alexander had never met the man, but having spent some time asking around before coming over tonight, he had come to realize that this brutish businessman was the silent partner for the establishment they stood in. The man leaned in to give the young woman a quick familiar hug and exchange a few words which was all the confirmation he needed. This seemingly demure teen had connections to the mob. That realization and the complications it brought forth caused his forehead to wrinkle up but he never got the chance to contemplate the impact of the revelation for he was handed an alcoholic beverage.

One whiff of it was enough to let the former bartender know this was top shelf liquor. Tony raised his glass for a toast and Eleonora followed suit. That put Alexander in an awkward position for despite having spent the majority of the last few years serving alcohol he was a teetotaler. He had seen how hooch dulled the senses and how it seduced and corrupted the best and the worst of men alike. He had seen his friend Mistake in a drunken rage beat a bartender to death with a stool in Vegas. He had heard Elyan ramble incoherently about wolves and centuries of death. He had his suit puked on when he wrapped it around a heavily intoxicated Luna's arms.

So while he propagated the evil, he never partook in it for he never wanted something else to make him lose his senses. Yet those same senses were telling him to gulp down the hooch or risk suffering the mobster's wrath. Reluctantly arriving at a compromise, he forced a smile and took a small sip joining in on the ceremony. The bitter taste almost made him gag, but he managed to retain his smile somehow. Before he could react however, he was being pulled to a side by Tony who seemed to have taken a few drinks too many. "Hold that thought" he said with a sombre smile to Eleonora and handed her the glass as he was half dragged away.

Once they were out of earshot of the other patrons or staff, Tony made his proposal and Alexander was shocked. Signing on a retainer was enough of a pleasant surprise but to be offered a managerial position was something he had never fathomed. While he had some stuff working in bars and clubs, he had never really managed one before. The idea intrigued him almost as much as it scared him. He took a moment to consider the offer then looked up at the man and shook his head.

"Business done in haste is often what we come to regret Sir." He said, acutely aware of how fragile his future would be if he fucked up after promising something he did not know he could do. "And yet fret not, I suggest an alternative. Finish your business and return before we talk at length of contracts. As for the next couple of days, I will help out regardless for you already called me a friend a little while ago. Do not insult me by offering payment for a favour to a friend." He smiled politely and patted the man on his back. Perhaps this temporary period where he was not under official contract would allow him to gauge his level of inexperience, or atleast so he hoped. Stubbing the cigarette beneath his toes, with a final respectful nod he turned back around and walked back in search of the emerald clad young beauty.

His eyes traced the room till they caught hers and he smiled as he strode forward. Coming to a stop closer in front of Eleonora_Luciano than appropriate for a stranger he grinned mischievously and held his eyes trapped in his piercing gaze as he asked huskily "So then Miss Eleonora where were we?"

(OOC: It seems only yesterday when I started this character, and now I am at a milestone I never would have imagine possible. This was my 100th post and in acknowledgement of that I couldn't help but break kayfabe and thank everyone who has every helped me tell my simple tales through these streets despite all the exigent circumstances that may have occurred along the way. To everyone who ever tipped any of my posts or whispered words of encouragement for my stupid little stories, kickboxers and writers, friends and rivals, mentors long lost and wards newfound, during the bullshit that permeated my life recently, my unrelenting gratitude for it is you that allow me to keep on keeping on like a bird that flew, tangled up in blue.)

Report Post Tip

Ellie hesitated just a little bit as she was shot a brief look that was quite clearly not welcoming.  She wondered if she should move along and leave the rockstar alone to his thoughts for a few minutes or if she should surge on in and go for it.  She decided on the later.  If one could read thoughts they might laugh as the two young people sized eachother up and found each one held higher than they themselves considered.  She smiled sweetly to him and felt her cheeks continue to heat up a little but she would keep going if he didn't deter her too badly.  Well at his smile and even his chuckle, the young woman was emboldened.  But then as she was delivering her idea, Tony made his way over.  Eleonora looked up and beamed at the man, embracing him in return, quietly taking a step back as he moved in to speak with the handsome young singer.  With a new drink in her hand, she would toast along with them and sip at it.  She cringed just a tad as it burned all the way down.  Oh yea, that's not what she had been sipping on.  Yup, she preferred fruity.  

In any case, she smiled sweetly to Tony and allowed the two space to speak to eachother as she hummed softly to herself taking a moment to people watch and figure out who had come out tonight.  So many people had come and they all got to enjoy Alexander's words.  She smiled as she took Alexander's glass as Tony pulled him aside.  She held both glasses for a moment, eyeing her own glass debating on taking another sip, wondering just how drunk she could get herself.  Going back and forth for a moment, she would grin mischievously.  She could think of a couple people who would not approve...  And this thought gave her pause for a moment, but she would brace herself and toss back another swallow from her cup.  Oh it burned!  She shuddered in delight.  She wasn't certain how long the men would be talking business, or whatever it was that men talked about, but she was going to enjoy the moment.  She swayed a little to the ambient music that the band was currently playing as a space holder until Alexander was prepared to continue.

She would begin to dance, careful not to spill either glass.  She grinned softly to herself as she allowed her gaze to travel down her silk-clad form grinning a little as her emerald dress flowed out in a pleasing manner.  She set the glasses down on one of the empty counters before starting to spin right there on the dance floor.  She earned a few amused looks, but no one was entirely concerned.  Faster she would spin, faster and faster until she would almost run right into someone, her arms flying out to steady herself.  Her eyes batted up to find those of the man she had been speaking with only moments ago as she braced herself against his shoulders.  Well, if her cheeks hadn't colored before, they sure did now!  Heat rose to her cheeks as she withdrew her hands, grinning sheepishly but the man didn't back down.  He stood very close to her...  Too close.  And yet she couldn't bring herself to mind.  His voice brought a small smile to her lips and she lifted her gaze to meet his and her brow quirked a little as she leaned in to finish just what she had been whispering in her request.  No more alcohol for her tonight.  She would make sure of that...  Or at least she'd try.

Report Post Tip

Orion had been hearing a lot of good things about a real nice club down in midtown Detroit. He was in town and decided to pay a visit. He unpacked his things in his hotel room and meticulously got dressed for the evening. He wore a pinstripe suit with a baby blue tie and his top hat. He looked at himself in the mirror for a final look over and grinned slightly as he looked ready for an extravagant evening. He hailed a cab outside and was standing outside the club in minutes. He saw a line that wrapped clear around the place, but it didn’t discourage him. He simply pulled out a cigarette and struck up some conversation with the bouncer.

Orion was a bit of a fast talker with the gift of good schmoozing. He shook hands with the bouncer after a good twenty minutes had passed and walked into the club, he even flashed a smile at the folks in line awaiting their turn in a line that seemed to never move. Orion walked over to the bar and took a seat. He looked around and the place was nothing short of breathtaking. From the decorations, to the structure down to the people having the time of their lives. It was truly an atmosphere one could not easily forget.

He was interrupted from his thoughts as the bartender walked over to him. Orion smiled and leaned in close as he spoke in a calm voice.

“Good evening my good sir, I’ll have a martini on the rocks, shaken please.”

The bartender began to step away to prepare the drink and Orion waved him back.

“One my thing my good man, would you let these fine people at the bar know that their next round will be on me. I’m looking to make some new friends if you know what I mean.”

He said as he flashed a smile and pulled out his pack of cigarettes. He sat them on the bar, and slowly pulled one out and placed it on his lower lip just before lighting it and slowly taking a drag.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $400,000 Tip

As he skirmishes through some documents at his home, Carnival stumbles on some old papers where a few pictures were included in them. The pictures embedded into the papers were snap shots taken when Carnival was in his teens, probably thirteen or fourteen. The setting was in a nightclub, seated in a VIP section along with some other much older people, along with them his father included, in this picture seemed as he was being forced into drinking alcohol and the expression on Carnivals face was that of a pouty child saying that he won't ever drink and be like those old men. Carnival continues reminiscing as he keeps staring at the picture where all of a sudden his thoughts come back to reality as the entrance door knocks. 

Carnival organizes the documents in order quickly and then goes to answer the door, a kid was present there in hand having placed a letter, the kind that the crew leader always sent to her members. Carnival thanks the kid as he pats his hat and with his other hand - extends it to relieve the kid from the message he was asked to deliver. The message was quite clear and short, there was a new night club in Detroit, Downtown that has just opened and that the owner was giving out for a brief time exclusive invitations.

"Talk about coincidence..." As he reads the letter a faint smile appears on his lips, the coincidence that Carnival spoke of was of the picture he saw in the documents of his younger days and now this - the message about a new night club having appeared in Detroit, Downtown.

He sees the kid off and closes the door behind him, having already read the letter Carnival walks towards the living room and goes near the his phone. Dials in the crew HQ and asks for Joy, his crew leader. She picks up right after and asks why Carnival called.

"I just read the mass mail. It's a good idea, to go out and have some fun once in a while, all we've done as of late is, work-work-work. I'm thinking of going and have some fun over there, which brings me to my question. I know you're a busy woman and all but i wanted to know if you wanted to join me in some night fun?" She replies in a quick succession that she would love to and that some downtime would be good. Carnival overjoyed tells her the time and date when they can go. After the conversation finishes they both shut off their phone.

Fast forwarding a few days later, Carnival dressed in his 2 button suit especially for this occasion and accompanied by Joy, enter premises. The bouncers of the nightclub do the check up and Carnival notifies them that they are invited to enter. The check goes alright and Carnival and Joy, Along with her Bodyguards enter inside. The music and the mood of the premises was astonishing where it made one want to dance as soon as the person went inside. Carnival had reserved seats close to the dance floor where he knew that Joy would want to dance occasionally. They sit and before long a waiter appears in front of them asking them what would they like to drink. "Champagne of the finest", Carnival responds. The waiter before long delivers the order and pours in the drinks and places the glasses in front of both of them. After a down time of being seated Carnival gets up and goes to the lead musician to secretly tell them to choose a Tango music.

After Carnival comes back from his little walk across the establishment to the lead musician he extends his hand to Joy as the song is about to begin and invites her to the dance floor. She amusingly accepts his invitation and they hit it off as soon as they come into contact with the dance floor. The first few dramatic steps of the Tango fire both of them up and instigate to move in much refined rhythm with one another. The dance - as the music advances, becomes more and more passionate and as the music comes near the end they both smile at each other and enjoy the moment. The song at this point had ended and Carnival bows his head slightly in the direction of the orchestra and then turns his face towards Joy again, leading her to the table they previously were. They spend the rest of the night lightly drinking and having a meal. Then as soon as dawn hits the City of Detroit is when Carnival thinks of calling it a night. Carnival lets Joys bodyguards know that he'll be escorting her home and that they can go home before them.

Joy takes the phone from her faithful bodyguard, Ollie and hears Carnival's voice on the other end.  She listens and agrees with his proposal for a night out in the Detroit night club.  After they settle the particulars of time, she hangs up the phone and goes to her closet to see if she has something suitable to wear.  After many agonizing minutes, she retrieves a beautiful dress that she can only recall wearing once.  It is a long sheath style dress in an iridescent silver color that flatters her curves perfectly.  She has a matching set of heels and a very light silver lame wrap that set it off perfectly.  With that out of the way, she goes about her day looking forward to a little relaxation.

When the night arrives, Joy takes special care with her appearance knowing that all eyes are likely to be on her when they are out.  Her hair shines in the light.  She has swept it into a little updo.  Her make up is light and perfect.  Smiling in the mirror at the final outcome, she grabs her beaded handbag and calls for Ollie and Noah to take her to meet Carnival.  Upon seeing him, she compliments his appearance and they take off together.

When the Tango music begins, Carnival extends his hand and Joy joins him for the provocative dance.  Together they glide across the floor as if they had been doing it together for a lifetime.  It's very intense and they gaze upon each other for the duration as the situation calls for.

I had no idea you were a man of such hidden talent. You never cease to amaze me, Carnival.  She whispers to him, in awe of his graceful maneuvers.  He smiles and returns the compliment sincerely and they finish the number,  applauding the orchestra for the provided music. Wasn’t that wonderful Carnival?  I don’t believe I have had such an enjoyable time in months! 

They continue the evening eating and drinking and conversing well into the wee hours of the morning.  Carnival dismisses the bodyguards and offers to see Joy home. She agrees as they decide to call it an evening and leave the club.

They head out to the car and he opens the door.  Joy slides in and he starts the car and they drive off into the darkness, moonlight showing the beauty of the outskirts of the city.

Tony had just gotten back from his trip out west. Most would be exhausted but he had a little friend in his pocket that kept him up and going till he was able to take a day long nap, and after do it all over again. Going over paperwork and drafting up Alexander's contract an employee knocked on his door. He called him in and the employee informed him that a man was at the bar buying many people expensive drinks trying to make friends. Also that Don Joy had come to visit with associate Carnival . The place was picking up quick and he knew it was with the amazing talent on stage, aka Alexanderknight . Thanking the employee he headed out to say 'hi' to everyone starting with his fellow Seattle mobsters. He was accompanied with his best waitress to their table. Giving each a hug and a kiss on the check to show respect, he informed them that he has is best waitress here to take care of them, and everything will be comped. They hugged again before he departed over to the bar in hopes to catch up with Orion . The young Mafioso was still at the bar drinking when Tony approached him pulling him off to the side..

"Thanks for visiting my establishment in Detroit. I heard you were buying drinks for everyone at the bar in hopes to make some new friends. How about making a friend out of me? Your boss Vincent_Mancini and I have some business out in Los Angeles, I need a driver. Think you got what it takes? If so take this address, it's a place in Ohio. That's where you are dropping the package. The package is stashed at 'Costa Palace' in Los Angles business district, it'll be inside the casket in a hearse out back. The guard inside at the front will give you the keys. 100 kilos will be in there so don't stop for anyone. They'll load the cash in, and you'll bring the car back to the same joint. You up for it, friend?" he said before lightning a smoke and awaiting a response..

Report Post Tip

I was sitting, alone, on the second floor of Midnight in Motown.  The top two buttons were unbuttoned on my dress shirt and sweat made it nearly translucent.  I hadn’t danced that hard in years.  AlexanderKnight just brought out the animal in my soul and made me move with something like a primal instinct.

“Sir, here is your cocktail,” the cute waitress placed my drink on the table.  “Is there anything else I can get for you right now?”

“No, this is fine, thanks,” I said.

The cocktail I ordered wasn’t typical.  It was a spin on a classic drink called the Baton Rouge; I called it the Caribbean Cowboy: bourbon whiskey, black spiced rum, pear syrup, fresh lemon juice, and bitters all poured over ice and stirred.  It was a strong drink, but refreshing and exactly what I needed to get back on the dance floor.

I took my drink, and I made my way down the spiral staircase.  With each step the music grew louder, and with every thump of the base drum, my heart rate increased. I don’t know what it was about this place, but it was alive. I stepped off the staircase, and as soon as my foot hit the floor electricity ran up my body.  I downed my drink then and there, and headed straight to the dance floor.

AlexanderKnight was off the stage, but the band was still playing energetic tunes.  My body moved with the crescendos and decrescendos.  I was tired, but I didn’t care.  I didn’t have control of my body, the music did, and for as long as it was playing I was dancing.

Up until now I’d been dancing alone, but the music was giving me confidence I never knew I’d had.  Still moving to the beat of the music I made my way deeper into the dancing crowd, and I find a young lady to ask for a dance.  She took my hand with a little nod and a smile, and we danced the night away.

It was evening... not too late...I had heard of this place that people were frequenting apparently, I figured, why not stop in and seee why it is such a hot spot. I thought, maybe someone I knew would be there. I did not now what to expect, except maybe a fun night, but not embarassing (hopefully). Checking myself before I left, dotting my I's and crossing my T's, I walked out the door sastified, and I gave the driver the title. He said he knew right where it was, and had also heard it was gaining popularity.

As I was walking up to the door, I saw the door man, pretty beefy looking, but if I needed to, I could get by him. I flashed him my pearly white smile, and he let me right in. I slipped by him easily. I looked around, it was kinda dark, but lit...I could hear some live music, and see people dancing, drinking, and having a good time. As I was looking around, I was trying to figure out what to try first...alcohol, of course!

The guy tending the bar says "Hello, Doll, what can I get 'ya?"  I had never been there before...I said, "What is your speciality?  I am the mood for something, um wild (smiling ). He said it would be just a minute , so I waited at the bar while he made it and took some more of the new place in. This does look like a fun place, something for everyone here. Upstairs a place to sit and dine, and of course where I was was a huge dance floor, and I saw a basement or something, but I did not know what that was for. I thanked the man for my drink and headed up stairs first to get some alcohol into me, so the fun would flow easier later on in the night. 

After a night of heavy drinking, Genesis was feeling a bit sluggish. What he needed was a bit of hair of he dog. He stumbles his way into Tony Costa's bar and plops down in the closet seat he could find. He takes out a cigarette and lights up. He notices Tony coming his way...

"How are you doing this morning, Mr. Costa? My head is pounding and I need a drink. I will have a glass of Jim Beam, please."
Report Post Tip

Tony walks over and shakes Genesis hand. He was making the rounds getting things ready for a huge party tonight to celebrate Vincent_Mancini taking Godfather Chairman of Los Angles. Nothing except the day he got made was as exciting as this moment, and the fact he was able to plan the party was an honor. Waving a bartender down for Genesis the two begin to exchange some small talk..

"Good to see you back here friend, how's thing been and you coming tonight for the party?"

A few, more words were passed back in forth before they said farewell and Tony continued on with getting things together. Heading to the back he ran into AlexanderKnight to request he sing a song during the celebration. After he made sure to get invites sent out to Salvatore_Luciano , Draven , Apache , Flexx-Mitchell , Isabella-Luciano , Duclaw , Penseur , Dub, JasonLeeScott , JoliBebe , Yheti , Marie_Lucania , Joy , Coltrane , Toni_Sandberg , Trixxy , Carnival , FioUccello , ChelseaUccello , Joseph_Ligambi , and finally Carlo-Gambino to have them all attend this huge moment in the mafia underworld. With invitations send out, boat loads of booze being ordered and entertainment being organized it was to be a huge night..

Report Post Tip

A rented car and driver pulled up outside the club, and Fio was out of it and holding Chelsea's door open for her before the driver had a chance. It was likely that he didn't want the other man catching another view of his wife's legs when the split in the side parted as she climb out. The forest green satin down was ankle-length, but opened nearly to her hip. 

Her hand grasping Fio's, Chelsea carefully watched where her heels landed as she slipped through the crowd behind him. It was so packed here that she couldn't even hear his baritone over the din of the crowd as he gave their names to the bouncer. 

It wasn't much better inside. There was no way they'd be able to suss out where the new godfather was, and congratulate him unless they bumped into him by accident. Every few feet, they avoided a near-collision as they slowly approached the bar.

"Scotch, double, neat," Chelsea said to the bartender, voice raised to be heard. Fio looked at her then. Chelsea didn't care for the harder stuff; something was amiss. The drink she ordered barely hit the bar before it was raised again, and eyes that didn't belong to his wife flickered into his as she stared at him over the lip of the glass. A warning shot. Somebody would die tonight; Fio needed to get her out of here before it ended up being the newly appointed godfather's corrupt agent. Again.

Report Post Tip

A lot of things flashed through Fio's mind as he caught a glimpse of the Other, that sleeps behind those beautiful green saucers of Chelsea's. His hand instinctually went to his back where a large cut had appeared last time he danced with that one. It was healed over now, and they had never spoken about it. 

Fio ordered another round of whiskey for them both aftet taking back his own  double. He had matched her order in awe of the change from her. The clock was ticking. Not only was Chelsea in danger of sleeping while her Latin speaking dichotomy took over the wheel, but she had a thing for bringing out the demons inside of him. This was not the place for that. 

"Mio piccolo Tortora." Fio rolled off into her ear from his silky Italian tongue. His lips planted a kiss to her neck. "Why don't we get out of here?" His hand slid up her bare leg. It pushed the satin fabric aside with each inch. Two new doubles clinked to the bar. Chelsea and Fio stared into each other's eyes a moment. A quick conversation took place without either one saying a word. 

Fio laid down a fifty and put his second empty glass on top of it. A group of loud, obviously far into their drinks, men were seated next to them going on about which women they would conquer tonight. Suddenly the world was too loud- the people too much. Chelsea slid from her stool towards Fio. He caught her and immediately found her lips. He could see in her eyes his wife was gone. He brought her back with the kiss- for how long? 

"Vaffanculo," Fio said with a smirk. He grabbed her by the hand. "Let's fly." The Uccellos quickly made their way for the exit. This was an issue to be addressed without the innocent spectators. 

Report Post Tip

Sandberg enters the night club with two of his bodyguards. He dressed himself nice and sharp but not too loud, he never liked too much attention. The suit is all black, white shirt and a black tie nothing too fancy. Upon the entrance in the big hall he orders one of his bodyguards to stay by the door and the other one to get them some drinks. The atmosphere is amazing everybody is having a good time and in the air you can smell a mixed smell of perfume and cigarette smoke, you can also feel the heat and the good vibe from the crowd dancing. While standing by the door with his hands in his pockets he observes the crowd having fun on the dance floor and the beautiful decorated room. The music is contagious not long he began to feel the rhythm of the music and his feet begun jamming with the beat, and he find himself swaying his hips side to side.

After receiving his beer he walks slowly to find Tony. He walks slowly towards the stairs leading to the second floor and on the way people are starting to recognize him. There is many business partners and acquaintance in the room, he greet people with a hand shake, with a quick wave and some with a thumbs up and a smile. Out in a blue a beautiful girl grabs him by his arm puling him in the dance floor and they disappear in the crowd. Sandberg is confused about what just have happen and at the same time he is captivated by her beauty, “what’s the matter you don’t like what you see?” she shouts out loud to his ear, “oh yes I do” he shouts back to her, “I wasn't prepared for this” he shouts again. She just laugh and continued dancing and Sandberg was determine to impress the girl with his dance moves.

Report Post Tip

Flexx and a few of his guards pull up to the location. There was three of them all together. Taga, Matua, and Flexx. Matua was driving so Flexx and Taga hopped out while he went to find a parking spot. Him and Taga make their way up into the party. As they entered you can see a swarm of mobsters here for the celebration of the new GodFather. These times were always great to attend. There was much networking to be done and mingling. Maybe even to dump a quick sack or two. Flexx makes his way over to the bar, Taga was to his side. They approach the bar and post up for a second while checking the scene. Taga orders a few shots of cognac, and Flexx pulls out a blunt and lights it. Just at that moment Matua is entering. As he approaches Taga hands him and Flexx their drink. They raise their shots in the celebration. Flexx takes another look at the crowd growing, and he spots a few associates and mobsters that look familiar. He raises his class in acknowledgement to a nod from a fellow mobster. He could see the new GodFather mingling with the rest of the crowd. He didn’t want to disturb him. But nods and holds his glass up to toast, to the celebration. This was a gathering that was an honor to be a part of, so Flexx made his way into the crowd to mingle with his fellow mobsters. He approaches GodFather Vincent_Mancini

“Congratulations on the up brother.”

He passes him a cigar, specially rolled marijuana, this was a celebration.

Report Post Tip

Richard downed another shot of Ciroc and launched the shotglass across the room, which landed with a smash and created yet another mess. Richard at the time could admit to being mildly buzzed, at most. Honest. 

"Hey, Mr. Franco. You can't keep doing that. I don't care who you are, throw another fuckin' glass and we'll throw you out on your ass."

To demonstrate his point, the burly security guard had two of his equally stock friends stand behind him, threateningly. Richard was too plastered to understand the gravity of the situation, however. 

"What, you and your boyfriends here? Float away, lad, or I'll break ya' fuckin' jaw."

Richard turned back to the bar, assuming the guards got the message. The moment he raised his hand for another shot a large fist connected with his ear, and his face connected with the floor. The ringing in his ears only led to infuriate Richard further. He staggered to his feet, and rubbed his ear.

"What the shit?! Do you know how bad that is for your ears, fuckstain?"

The three men advanced on Richard slowly, confident in their numbers. Richard quickly snatched a shotglass and whipped it at one of the thugs. He raised his fists and got ready for a fight.

That's when he heard a shrill whistle and a disappointed sigh, both coming from owner, and Richard's friend TonyCosta Richard jumped on the distraction and ran behind Tony, like a bad kid hiding while his parents bailed him out of trouble.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Midnight in Motown
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL