Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 22:52:45
Page:  1 
Your story? Started by: Orlin_Lang on Aug 18, '18 04:45

It is rarely that I imbibe, but tonight, being five days past my mothers birthday, but on the day of her death three years ago, I look back on the rare condition which took her from me, I can't not be with her now to ask questions, so I am sitting at a bar, getting well intoxicated. The place is pact so I decided to ask a question, "Is all of this worth it? Are we doing what are kin would like?"

I, myself, know my answer. Yes, I have been apart of this sense before I can remember. It has been a part of my family for as long as I can remember. I just want to know if this was true with everyone, or what were there circumstances that brought them to this. We were not all brought up this way, but life has put us all here.

I enjoy hearing everyone's stories. Following footsteps or blazing new trails, it helps to put my life into prospective.

Report Post Tip

On that nite, leticia feel bored and tired. So she went to the bar. She orders drink and see a drank man asking a question . Makes her think do what her mama like what she is doing? Leticia steps up and share her thought... 

Hello sir Orlin, I just wanna share about your question. Leticia takes a deep breath before sharing

Since I was on my mother's womb my dad passed away because somebody killed him, so started from that day my mother worked what my father did .. I've been raised by strong and smart woman. I saw her tried to cut her vein so many times but she canceled it. I Saw what my mama did for job like almost  everyday .  

Till I saw her being shooted right infront of me and I remember what her last words " Stay Loyal to our Don Vincent_mancini". Hard for me to understood that time , My mother died for her boss but I Need to stay loyal to him ? Untill the day was come I met Don Vincent by my self and I just understood what my mother said. So I stay on LA and only work for Don vincent and now he is Godfather. 

So if You ask is it worth it ? It is! Its worth it work and stay loyal for him. 

Will my mother like what I do ? Yes thats the last word she mentioned before her last breath.. 

She sips her drink before steps back

Report Post Tip

After posing my question, I ordered another drink. Some people came up and told me stories about their reasons for choosing this way of life, the majority stating they were raised this way. As a young man was walking away from me, a woman came up to me, Leticia, an member of Godfather Mancini's crime family. She told me her story.

Hearing her talk of her mother saddened me a little, I bought her a drink, "Thank you Leticia for sharing that with me. We have both been raised in this lifestyle. I know my mother would understand in the choices I have made as well and I agree, we must remain loyal." I raised my glass and waited for her. It took her a second to raise hers as well. "Un brindisi alle nostre madri!" I said and we both drank in remembrance.

I tipped my hat in thanks to her and hope to see her around again.

Report Post Tip

Signore Lang, good to see you out as usual. My history has probably seen many attempts to prevent the future generations from entering this life. 

I'll indulge your curiosity with some details.

My line starts with my elderly grandfather bringing his family across from the old country. Louis Gato set foot in the very same city I work in to this day and established himself among a local Don. Following his death, his son, Samuel "Sammy" Gato took up a position in New York, having grown up in the life in Philly. It was at this point Sam started to believe that the future would be better for his children if they did not have to endure a life of crime. 

He began taking steps and making preparations to separate his son from this world. When Sam finally died, his pre-instructed bodyguard, Charlie "Big Charlie" Capizzi smuggled his son out of the country and into Detroit. Big Charlie had his own bloodied experiences in the mob. He was interrogated as to the whereabouts of Sam's son, losing his voice box in the process. Throughout his assignment to look after the boy, he never spoke a word. 

Charlie soon identified that the young Gato was old enough to fend for himself, having moved to New York to start his own crime family. Though Charlie had failed to keep him out of the dark underbelly of the mob, he had raised a strong and ambitious man, known as my grandfather, Christian Gato. With Charlie retired, Christians prominence in the mafia exceeded any of his previous linage.

He moved back to Detroit from New York, but not before having two daughters. He quickly shipped them off with their mother to Philly for protection. From there, they grew and managed the back end of his operation. They processed the paperwork for the Irish whiskey he was importing from London. They did not carry the Gato name at first, they had their mothers Irish name, Brennan. 

He remained distant from them, keeping them as far from inheriting his position as possible. One, Terra Gato, moved back to Philly where she still manages an apartment complex to this day. The other, Tammy Brennan craved attention from her father. She grew up resenting him and ran away from home, marrying a young mafia wannabe called Tommy De Luca. Tammy De Luca then suffered the death of her mother to disease, the murder of her father at the hands of the mob, and the suicide of her drunkard husband.

It was then that my mother changed her name and was proud to be known as Tabitha "Tammy" Gato. She embraced the life of crime her father had striven to keep her from. Outspoken and rebellious, she took a bullet for not keeping her mouth shut, though they claimed suicide. I was there though.

In her final days, an unexpected pregnancy saw her on the run, realising too late that she didn't want her child entering this life. I was given a different name. Not Brennan, DeLuca or Gato. One to hopefully keep me safe, prevent my line from being traced. Young and confused, I set off about the country to understand more about what my family did.

And, well, here we are.

I've gone on for longer than I anticipation, however I hope it gives you an idea of the measures taken to keep me from this life. It seems that if it's going to happen, it'll happen. Soon as you get out, they drag you right back in. 

Report Post Tip

I was sipping my drink reflecting in thought, when Don JackMezzo came up and greeted me, "Good to see you as well sir." I said. I bought him a drink and he sat in the empty chair next to me and told his story.

I have heard bit's and pieces, most just hearsay and speculation, it was good to hear it from the man himself. "That is quite a history you have Mr. Mezzo. It was an honor to hear it." I thought about his words for a bit, "Does it make you wonder? What your life would be like if you did not choose to understand what your family did? I sometimes think of that with the choices I've made." I lost myself in thought for a bit remembering my father giving me an option to follow in his footsteps or make my own. Without question I followed his, as Don Mezzo put it, "And, well, here we are."

I shook my head a bit to clear it, "Thank you Don Mezzo. Always a pleasure to talk with you." I held out my hand. He gripped it in his and clapped my on the shoulder. As he was walking away, I had a thought. Most people I've talked to have been brought up this way, I wonder if someone who had no family involved and choice this way of life, has more or less respect for it? I sometimes over think things.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Your story?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL