Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 10:32:39
Page:  1 
Slash & Byrne - Topic: Storytelling Started by: Isabella-Luciano on Nov 12, '18 19:58

Once again I'm Bella Byrne of the Race Street Company and I'm here again doing Slash & Byrne, a series of open-ended topics presented to the community to debate and discuss.

Today I'd like to take some time and talk about Storytelling.

We touched on that a little in the Debate vs. Drama topic which I presented last week.  But I want to explore the topic more. 

Obviously, there are a lot of different types of stories shared in the streets... some tell of an event or incident, some are a window into the daily lives of the characters, and others are stories of someone's past.  These aren't all the types, by far, but they are some of the more common ones.

So here are some items to start the discussion:

1. Do you take part in storytelling at all?
  2. What inspires you to take part in storytelling?  
  3. What stories do you wish there were more of?
  4. Can you point us towards a story that you or an ancestor heard here on the streets that you thought was amazing and deserves everyone going and checking it out?  

Okay - let's hear your opinions!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip
Well okay, here’s the deal. I haven’t told my story yet, mainly because I haven’t figured out how I want to tell it. My mother participated in storytelling and had a bit of a series going on. I take my inspiration from her as well as some of the storytellers here on the streets. It’s my goal to join them eventually, though I’m not certain at the moment in how to go about doing that. Storytelling is exciting, it’s fascinating, it’s something that unfolds with adventure and drama and gives a snapshot of the every day goings on of this life we live. I love to see he stories of heists or even how people got into the life of crime. What desperate choices did that have to make or what fueled them to turn to a life of a criminal?

If I were to toot her horn, I’d point people on to Star’s adventures with my aunt Kittie. Or perhaps the adventures she had with Madeline. Of course there’s all the tomfoolery that my aunt and uncle gavinandtarabyrne have gotten into. Your stories as well are full of intrigue and drama and all the things I look for when I want to be entertained.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Slash & Byrne - Topic: Storytelling
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL