Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:54:22
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
As This World Turns Started by: MooCow on Jan 26, '08 18:02
Well folks, it's that time again. It's time for the little Thug to complain about the state of this world. Now I know that complaints are bad, and it's best to keep one's mouth shut, suck it up despite the state of things, and make the best of all the things that don't go with the majority. Right? Right?

Anyway, on to my predicament. As a thug, I am in need of a home. No home equals bullet to the cranium around these parts. Where am I to go?

We currently have six leaders, one in each city (a great move by the way...I'm glad to see the leaders taking the initiative to use every city). With the new restrictions put on crew sizes by our gods, now, only 3 crews could offer me an invite, should they choose to. Right off the bat, my choice in picking the leader that would be best for me (something each Civilian/Thug SHOULD do...why join a crew you have no interest in working hard for?) has been decreased by 50%.

Now, lets say my father died a few days ago due to war/prowack gone wrong/wackback/etc. Let's say I was familiar with JohnnyAxe and would like to join him, as my father had previously done. Now, I can't. I can no longer join the family that I am familiar with and loyal to. So, now what? Do I join a crew that I am not familiar with? Will I even get the same treatment with another group that I would with my fathers old group?

So, with my options now limited, what am I supposed to do? What's my motivation for sticking around?
Report Post Tip
You are not your father.

End. Pwned. Over. Beaten. Some Italian word for done.
Report Post Tip
Sitting outside a caf drinking some coffee and smoking a cigarette to get some rest I heard a young man speaking, haven't seen him around before. I decided to go over and listen.

After the young man stopped speaking I take a step forward

"Well, I can't tell you what to do because my family is new in this life of crime but the first thing that came up my mind is that your motivation could or even should be to work as hard as your father and get back to the pride your father propably had. Make him proud of you."
Report Post Tip
So basically, work for anyone is what you're saying? Loyalties mean little to nothing, and neither does preference?

Sure, I'm my own man, but why should I give two bits if these other leaders achieve anything? Now, I know, if I joined Johnny (this is purely an example, by the way), that I can be a part of something that helps him achieve in this thing of ours, as well as gives me a chance to move up as well. That's something I might not (probably won't, considering the the trends of late) achieve with another crew.

That being said, I'll remove your simple retorts RevanIV. Thank you for your input, however.
Report Post Tip
I said this was over. Why are we still talking?
Report Post Tip
RevanIV please if you have nothing constructive to say dont post.

I for one know how you feel as i had to join a new crew but not because of the restrictions for another reason and yes it was heard but now i am loyal to my family and you get use to it you'll have just to move on and live with the now and not that past.
Report Post Tip
the limiting of family sizes should lit a fire under the asses of those that be, and more auths should have been made.

Giving new folk(such as yourself) more to choose from...
Report Post Tip
Perhaps the streets aren't a place for discussions? Stories, congratulations, and the passing of baked goods are the only actions that are to take place here?

Thank you for demonstrating another problem with this world RevanIV. Of course I refer to the problem of ignoring the concerns of some rather than listening to any truth behind what they're saying.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinions. Feel free to share them with us RevanIV. I won't make idle threats or shoot you later in life for it.
Report Post Tip
People cry every day here. To tell you the truth i'm sick of it. If you're going to cry about something that the Admins put into the game. Take it to them and tell them - instead of filling this place up with another debate - I highly doubt that the real Mafia had this many debates held. Surely if you were to whine in the Real Mafia about something you would be shot promptly.

That is what I have to say.
Report Post Tip
For fucks sake. Debate is not crying. Sharing opinions is not crying. Having a problem with

I will have a more detailed response to the actual issue at hand when I have more time, but that annoying habit of telling people to stop crying HAS to stop!
Report Post Tip
(OOC:And here we go again with another shooting down of a deabte how about this: you dont read these 'crying' threads that way they dont affect you. and as far as i can see your the one 'crying' at the moment so take your own advice and stop 'crying')
Report Post Tip
Revan, nothing will progress if no one points out anything they beleive is wrong. One of the reasons people dont post is because people like you come out here and try to do their speech down instead of contributing.
Report Post Tip
This is why I did not respond to this in the first place.
Report Post Tip
...And perhaps I wouldn't join the mafia if I saw that the life wasn't for me.

This seems to be something we've tried to remedy hasn't it? "The population is too small", "Good crewleaders keep dying", and "People are upset they can't rank and are being shot at every few weeks" seem to be the general quotes each and every week I'm hearing.

So...if we're really to solve these problems, why not solve them in a way that builds up this community? If you continue ignoring and going with the flow, as we've been doing, and you expect this to help how?

Again, take this as your average complaint or "crying" (as the repetitive, half wits like to refer to it as), but without addressing the problems of this community, we're bound to continue going down the same roads.
Report Post Tip
Can we get back to the thread subject, thank you :)
Report Post Tip
How do you always cause controversy wherever you go Revan.

I told you to keep your nose clean for once.

Salvatore sighs and yanks on Revan's leash.

Come on, we're going for a sit down and a talk.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Anthony, Howard and Bruce there. Debates a neccessary in my eyes.

Well, back to the topic. Joining a new family is always hard, but it is also an intereting thing. Starting new and working hard to achieve something is a better feeling than to start from where you ended, my opinon.

Give other families a chance and I'm sure you'll find a home you feel comfortable with.
Report Post Tip
Ahh Sal its too late for him looks like someone got pissed off.
Report Post Tip
I yanked his head off.

I swear though, it was like his head just seperated, like some divine intervention from a God!

Sorry Moocow, please continue.

My contribution would also be to make your own affiliations, and not rely on your fathers to get you started in this world.
Report Post Tip
See motherfucker. He agrees with me. Now back up! BACK UP!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: As This World Turns
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL