Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 06:45:25
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Rationale for war Started by: KingofMeatPopsicles on Dec 26, '18 17:44

We have one response that was a winner

Report Post Tip
Good job you filthy animals, got it moved to OOC. Victor, it's dangerous (and not wise) to express such strong opinions in the position you are in.
Report Post Tip

Angela, this is in OOC since at least 2 days if not more. And, am not allowed to freely speak towards someone who's highly disrespectful? Since when disrespect has become allowed?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Sorry Victor-Zsasz. It was in the Streets when originated and after several OOC  replies, it was moved. 

It's certainly allowed to be disrespectful (within reason). I just said it's dangerous to your in game character and reputation. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

You are encouraged to speak your mind Victor-Zsasz. Never feel held down to voice what you truly think. I do advise an attitude that allows for another angle, instead of considering your view on things the undeniable truth. Let's review some parts.

I saw that some person, have no respect for anyone, an ex-con @Jermaine_Clement who straight-up disrespected the former Chairwoman and Godmother of LA, Sabrina, who was someone he will never be."

This, while a fair personal opinion due to your personal experience, isn't the most respectful way to characterise a living GodFather. I'm sure Mr. Clement is experienced enough to attribute this statement to current sentiment and wouldn't lose a nights sleep over it. But I'm fairly sure majority of the crowd would identify this as disrespect to his address, instead of you making a very valid argument on the behalf of Ms. Sabrina. In that sense a comment like that seems to put you behind, rather than ahead in social status. Nor does this comment give any boost to the memory of Sabrina. This is an example where you may be heard, but you might not want too as it serves no one any actual benefit.

But let's respond to a point that actual warrants a response.

...His CL was also new and she was trying to be friendly. I'm sure that if asked nicely they would've understood, but, like in ancient history, there had to be a Brutus to stab Caesar."

Now I understand this idea considering 'they' were indeed harmless and had no malicious intent. But that was really the question at hand and the other party didn't had that confidence. Approaching them, Sabrina I assume, with that concern about lost confidence has two possible outcomes:

1. Sabrina explains her opinion, but assures there is no ill-will. We all get to live happily ever after.
2. Sabrina explains her opinion, but assures there is no ill-will. We think the air is cleared, but Sabrina understands that the relation they shared is disturbed, despite apparent friendliness. She decides to keep the initiative and takes her chance in removing the party that was doubting her.

For the other parties, there was no way to know whether 1 or 2 would happen. From a business perspective Option 1 was too risky to assume. Therefor they didn't approach Sabrina, which led to the downfall of LA. I'm not in the know of relations on the upper levels, but to me it sounds like we shouldn't challenge the attackers to have considered a different approach. We should challenge Sabrina to have picked a different approach and tone of voice to express her concerns. 

That brings us back to the start of this chat and makes for a nice closure:
Express your opinion, but be wise about the how and when. If there are no problems to begin with, we don't have solutions to critisize.

Im still confused as to why some of detroit got to live and why all the crews were not wiped. surely the familys of the city worked together and had a good relationship with each other. i'll point to random backing lolipops move. I feel by not removing all families in detroit you only allow those familys to get stronger and to build stronger guns. By them not joining in with the other families i feel they had a lack of loyalty to their city and were only looking out in their own best interest. So i feel cowardice or disloyalty was the only reason they didn't get involved. Of course long time members of DT are going to flock back to detroit and slowly rebuild. How long until they come for revenge? How long until something happens where philly and new york are preoccupied with a major event and DT sides with what ever side is most advantagesome to them? They were disloyal to their own. What makes you think they will be loyal to NY or Philly? Theyre loyal to their own self interests.

thats only my opinion. based off of what i've seen. correct me if im wrong. but With the explantion given i dont see why some of the DT families got to live. Even if they shot their own i feel like it was only to appease the powers to be so that they may live. Not because of some deep seated loyalty to the east coast families.

That's a fair question CrookShanks. It slightly reeks as seeking more chaos as well, but I'll smell past that.

There are a few things we probably will never know here. Perhaps the remaining people in Detroit had lost their loyalty before the incident already. Perhaps Philly, NY and Seattle were confident about who they left untouched.

With whom did they really have to join in as well? As far as I saw, only Random and Lollipops went on a killing spree, and the other families of Detroit didn't join their efforts. Now if that's the example being set by all of Detroit when they had the initiative, why would we expect any different while they didn't have that initiative?

You also appear confident that the kin of those who lost their life in Detroit will flock back to what remains of the city. But why would that be the case? The other cities apparently had ample reason to leave them alone, as opposed to those who lost their lives. Now we will never know for sure, but that hints that the remaining parties might have had a different approach than those who are no more. If they continue with that approach, which served them well, it's reasonable to think that they won't betray that approach by sheltering the kin of those who died.

Looking at things quickly, what you say sounds logical. Giving a more thorough look, I feel your concern is not necessary.

Report Post Tip

I only feel this way because i've been a part of this game for a very long time. I have had breaks between accounts. But In my time here I have seen some very underhanded moves. I've seen what happens when something is left unfinished. Most of the time it works out ok. But others I've seen were a few weeks or a month or two later things come back and bite people when they could have ended it then and there.

Report Post Tip

That's a fair recognition of things. But you're right that most of the time it works out okay. I guess that positivity is something we want to chase, even if there's a risk. The cycles in this life are sometimes many months, a few weeks or merely days. Eventually it boils down to finding a balance that those in power believe in. Their personal and business relations determine where that is. 

Our world would be very dark and empty if all possible risk was always removed by default. The intriguing thing of risks however is that allowing them to be offers opportunities as well. Close to the edge the view can be more beautiful than anywhere else. That's also why we are in this business. Civilian life has less risks, but less rewards. We play or fold our cards based on a lot of factors.

Looking back at the past few days, this is how the players decided to play their hand. Continuing together with multiple cities has a lot of benefits. While remaining realistic, at the end of the day, we aim to live a life that reaps rewards of working well together, instead of minimising the damage by constantly mistrusting each other.

Thank god my life, and the lives of those still alive in Detroit' aren't left up to 'how you feel' @crookedshanks
Report Post Tip
Tony nothing personal but with the rational given that far to many rogues have come out of DT it’s just a bit odd that your family was spared.

It was a mass-killing we never will forget, many got angry and surprised.

In many crews no one understod whats going on.

Myself had a real funny ride around the cirys, staying alive wasnt easy but glad I did since I didnt have anything to do with whats going on and what started the mass-killing.

"I was upset by Draven and her follows that decided to stand back! In the end they paid the ultimate price!"

Where you just bored or were you really deluded enough to think we would follow a rogue? how fucking insane is that?

Report Post Tip

DonDonDon, not insane at all. You would really think that Philly or NY would forgive DT for the deaths of 2 of Philly's GF's and CL's. You would be stupid to think otherwise. I wouldn't call it "following the rogue" but "survival".

Report Post Tip

I think it would be possible because of f4f being...well f4f. But when Random decided to pull his entire crew into it he fucked the entire city. 

Report Post Tip

Oh yeah for sure it could of been possible for there to be reconciliation if it was just f4f. I'm not denying Random's actions determined DT's fate, not at all. Like definitely it would be a big move to actually "follow" the rogue, but it is better than rolling over on your back. 

Report Post Tip

Angela, if this announcement was in the streets and moved due to "OOC responses", I ask that you point out the OOC responses. At best, the responses lack a bit of RP which does not constitute being OOC.    

I would bank if this was moved from the "streets" it is because the GF who came out and spoke on the rationale for war did not meet the standards for "Street" reads. 

The responses followed the lead of that GF. 

End of story. You're welcome for the lesson. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

How is the original post by KOMP not in-character? It is completely in-character. Do you say this because of the lack of italics and descriptive statements regarding the scene and mood?

Could one of the posts that resulted in this being moved to OCC be the one by the player formerly known as "Sabrina" where she is clearly out of character in referring to herself as her former character?

When a post has numerous replies that are reported as being out of character it can and usually is, moved to OOC rather than deleting said replies and causing issues with the context of posts that reply to those posts that are out of character.

End of story. You're welcome for the lesson. 

Dear fake username,

You can find me in Lounge if you want to chat. I'm not here to stir the proverbial shit pot, but I'll respond one last time.

KOMP's post may not have all the fancy italics and thoughts, but I read it as a speech. It is 100% in character and has no references OOC.

If you'd bet it was moved due to KOMPs original post, you'd lose that bet every time. It was very clearly moved due to the subsequent OOC responses from the fallen. Melis' and the exchanges that followed were borderline, but Sabrina's was definitely out in OOC territory. It devolved from there despite a few users (JohnMarston) trying to pull it back to In Character.

There are several lessons to learn here in this thread...some you unknowingly being taught  Yours certainly isn't one of them. 

I see I was called upon to deliver another lesson or two. Constance, you must be having a bout of constipation. Which place you under the full of shit category or you are truly in need of a lesson. First off KOMP's explanation came off as a cry for an opinion and lacked 19030's RP style.  Secondly, if the poster is within the guidelines of the 1930's street guidelines, and the responses are not, the OOC responses are deleted. I am not aware of any changes on this matter.

When you run into Angela in the lounge pass on my knowledge. Unless of course you can provide me and my tippers a game change that proves you to be right.

Happy New Year.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Rationale for war
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL