Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 05:13:47
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Toxicity and you. Rules update. Started by: Squishy on Dec 26, '18 21:57

Often people come to this game as an escape from reality to provide themselves a little entertainment.  The downside of this, is that sometimes that can be disrupted by those who cross over the line of what is acceptable and what is not.  Too often, the line is blurred because traditionally there have been very little repercussions.  It's easier to try to destroy someone thousands of miles away with very little happening in return - it has allowed the cruelty to go unchecked.  Players don’t have to like one another, but we all agree that a base level of respect is needed. 

We are drawing a hard line in the sand to ensure that we can provide a better atmosphere here for all players so that they can play and enjoy their time without having to endure being the target of unnecessarily cruel people.

That the actions have ventured into targeting the real life player behind the keyboard.

When there are real life consequences to another players actions.

When there have been threats or attempts to harm someone in any capacity outside of the game (physically, emotionally, socially, financially, professionally and so on).

No one wants to play referee when it comes to people fighting, so to make this easier, the process will be simply rule based and without emotion.  If you break any of these rules, you will be penalized.  If this is a first offense, then a lesser punishment than a lifetime ban may be instituted in hopes that it was an isolated incident.

While I dread the bumpy road ahead while we purge a lot of the toxicity from the game, I am looking forward to the end result where people can have some back and forth tension without it rising above sane levels and spilling into real world cruelty.

Report Post Tips: 13 / Total: $260,000 Tip
I don't mean to be that guy, but did something just recently happen to spark this or has this been building up for some time?
Report Post Tip

Bows down in agreement with his post as there are always real people behind each character and this should never be forgotten

Report Post Tip

If only ppl can use Common Sence this would never been written but some ppl never learn.

Report Post Tip

Things happen on the regular.  I felt it was fair to give a very clear and final warning so that those who have a difficult time controlling their emotions and are not as fully aware of the impact that they may have on others can now have a moment of self reflection and choose if they want to continue to go down this path, or to choose a less aggressive way to express themselves.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I love this rule. too often will a higher ranking player hurl insults knowing that if someone responds its more likely than not that the lower ranking player will be wacked while they go on their merry way with maybe a warning or no punishment at all. My bloodline has known some pretty toxic people in the past and present who use their rank as a way to bully people. now their is away to make them stop.

I 100% agree, bullying has been a common thing around here and it's disgusting
Report Post Tip

This is one of those rules that shouldn't have to be a written rule, because we should all have the decency to leave what happens in the game in the game.

With that said, one part caught my eye: 

...financially, professionally and so on.

Are people really so low as to attack others in real life in their professional lives and attack them financially? Is this actually a thing?

(Other than the assholes who claim credit buys are 'fake' and try to screw Izzy, because we know they exist and are basic scammers)

Report Post Tip

Should've been around when Premeir was being a dick head in chat, literal non sense coming at me for hours being so toxic.

Yet nothing was done, that was the worst and most toxic i've ever seen anyone act, what a clown.

Is calling someone a clown not a bit hypocritical?

Not hypocritical at all, if that's what he is. ;)

Report Post Tip

You'd understand if you were there when he blew up, and claims to have been "drunk". not an excuse. abusive as hell, and real problems deep down inside that he needs help with by a psychologist.

Report Post Tip

Is this new rule subjected the transgressions prior to the announcement? 

If so, I’d love to discus some issues of the past that had 0 consequences attached when you have the time. 

Report Post Tip
Kodak, I would believe this rule would apply more to yourself. Calling you a bitch isn’t really toxic, but telling myself to come to your home and posting your addres and that you would kill me in real life I would say follows along what Izzy is saying. I’m sorry I hurt your feelings with my words but unlike yourself I didn’t threaten you outside the game.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
I think you made a great point I said “literal non sense” where you made several references to “pull up to your house” and you’d kill me. So let’s be honest about both our parts and not try to be one sided on an issue.

Adebisi, you are a bully. There's no point in arguing your way out of it. 

*reformed bully
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I agree 100%...

Report Post Tip
Holy hell. I know some of us including myself say some shit that at times goes too far, but I never imagined dosing and the likes happened.
Report Post Tip

I know right, DonDonDon?

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Toxicity and you. Rules update.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL