Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 05:22:34
Page:  1 
Jewelry by Vilmont. Started by: RaylanVilmont on Dec 29, '18 16:35

Raylan was looking to broaden his business portfolio. He knew that to be successful he needed his money to be working as many angles as possible. The threat of placing all of his funding into one business strategy would mean loss of everything should that plan fail. He owned a museum and a metal shop that doubled as a scrap yard and was finding success, but for him is was not enough. Not even close. He landed in Detroit with a large brief case of cash and sought out a business license, purchased a prime store front in the business district of Detroit. He then hired a staff and had the shop tailored to his exact specifications.

The entire storefront at all angles had glass walls displaying some of the most intricate jewelry a person could imagine. Raylan had invested a staggering amount of money to acquire the best quality jewelry around and was now selling all of the pieces. At the same time, he was also displaying wealth under the banner of his family name. It served many purposes and making money was certainly not the highest priority. 

Raylan hired a very large staff and equipped the basement with the most advanced tools and best quality raw materials in order for his staff to begin producing it's own jewelry. They would also easily be available to fulfill custom jewelry orders by all customers. It brought a smile to his face to think that his shop would bring so much joy to the lives of those in his community. A young man could walk in, build the perfect engagement ring exactly as he imagined it, propose and start a beautiful chapter of his life. It was important that every piece of jewelry that left was flawless. He would settle for nothing less.

Raylan hired two men with a combined experience of seventy years in jewelry. They would serve multiple rules. They would act as sales managers, quality control for all jewelry, and above all else they would ensure that business ran smoothly and continued to be a success. The two men were name Robert and Josiah. The reported only to Raylan and in his absence the store belonged to them both equally. Raylan had a small office in the back where he would take meetings both related to the business, and often times meetings related to other non-relevant matters. If one were in need of jewelry Robert and Josiah were who they should seek. If one was in search of business with Raylan directly, the best means of that would be to simply knock on the door to his office.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Exquisite is in town taking care of business. As she is walking and doing a little bit of window shopping to kill some time before her next meet  Jewelry by Vilmont catches her eye.

*Oh my, maybe I should treat myself to something nice.  It wouldn't hurt to take a look around. I could kill two birds with one stone and  get a few gifts as well*

Exquisite  opens the door and goes in.  Her eyes lite up like a child on Christmas morning as she start looking around.

Report Post Tip

Cecelia found herself wandering among the streets of Detroit's business district once again, but this time the journey suited her needs. If she was to ever attend a fancy occasion, she had surely prepare to look the part. Her current jewelry box in her apartment was all but empty with one of her grandmother's sets of earrings and a necklace gifted to her by her father. Both being dead sure helped strengthen the sentimental justification in keeping both.

Cecelia scribbled down on a piece of paper the specifications she wanted for a new necklace. A rather opulent one, in particular. She also figured she might as well buy a new set of earrings to match the necklace, while she was at it. They were to be made of silver, with onyx gemstones. The set would match well with the dress she had in mind, and it was a good excuse to be spending some of the money she had recently earned from rather... illicit activities. 

Nonetheless, she approached the man at the counter and offered the piece of paper in addition with a polite greeting. The two exchanged some words before she understandingly nodded, to return again when the set was ready. She knew the man would be able to reach her when this occurred.

Report Post Tip

Epidemic was out taking a walk to relax after a stressful morning when he noticed across the street a shop with many many fine pieces of jewelry on display behind the glass window, as it was his loves birthday coming up soon he decided he should go over and take a look, as he got to the glass he could see the jewelry clearly and it looked expensive, but his love was worth it so he strolled inside.

Once inside the building Epidemic looked around at the beautiful selection of jewelry on offer, as he was doing so he was interrupted by a member of staff who was eager to help.

"I'm just looking for something for my love, it's her birthday soon and she deserves something beautiful, can you help?"

The person smiled and assured Epidemic they could and to wait here while they went to get some samples for him to view, it wasn't long before they returned and some of the most beautiful pieces of jewelry we're placed down on the counter for Epidemic to look at, after a few minutes he had found it, a beautiful necklace with a heart pendant and some diamonds.

"I'll take it!" - Epidemic said gleefully as he produced a large amount of cash to pay for it.

Once paid for Epidemic smiled and thanked the staff for the service and assured them he would be back in the future, he left the shop and went about his business in Detroit.

Report Post Tip

After a guest lecture at the Detroit University about Prussian history, Heinrich had found himself with some free time asked around for a local jeweller. He wanted to take this opportunity to replace the signet ring he wore as a child and the ring he was to receive from his father upon assuming the role of Reichsgraf.

Unfortunately, the original had been looted during his imprisonment after the Great War and had gone missing after his father's death. At best he could come up with rough approximations from his memory and so, unwilling to spend most of his recently acquired wealth after the association with Louis Mezzo, he wished to ensure that whichever establishment he selected would be able to offer him optimal service. 

Having conversed with some of the locals, he was given the address for an appropriate business and he eagerly made his way through the streets. Pushing past the door, he was pleased to see the opulent displays of wealth hidden beneath glass cases all around him. Taking a casual stroll, he carefully perused the intricately crafted pieces as he waited for the proprietor to approach him.

Report Post Tip

Marissa was trying to kill time waiting for her lovely sister to come back home; She hated walking the streets alone but her Meg left Marissa with all the techniques on how to defend herself if something were to happen. Strolling down the business district of Detroit she sees a jewelry store; A store her budget couldn't match but she was curious on what was in there, why ? I dont know maybe to rob it one day or to see what fine jewels was placed inside. 

Marissa walks in the store and finds herself in heaven, glaring at all the sparkling diamonds in the the glass cases. Her eyes were glue'd to them she even drooled a little staring so hard. She walked over to a specific case that held one of the biggest diamonds in the store; leaning over and admiring it she could see her reflection withing the piece. Staring at herself she slowly takes her hand a puts it out infront of the glass case holding the diamond and glances at her ring finger. 

"One day I will find true love"  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well Ellie had made it a point to come visit Detroit.  As the nearest city to her own beloved home, Detroit was a natural place to visit.  Not to mention it housed some of her favorite people outside of her city...  Ok so to be fair, there was a large number of people that Ellie would list as her favorite.  She loved everyone...  At least until they gave her reason not to.  Churring softly she trotted down through the business district curious as to what she might find around here.  She sniffed about, checking out this food cart, that coffee stop, everything that she could find that would keep her attention for more than half a second.

Just then something caught her eye.  Something glittered in a storefront window as the light of afternoon sun hit it just right.  She churred lightly in approval before making a beeline for this establishment.  She darted between the legs of an entering patron and chittered softly to herself as she began to admire the wares.  Oh that was beautiful...  That was stunning...  Oh now this...  This was particularly shiny.  Ellie scrambled up to perch precariously on the edge of one of the glass cases, peering down within.  She pressed her nose gently against the glass as her ferret mind wondered just how to get the shiny things.  The things that were not in cases were also noticed by the little ferret.  She had to squash a desire to take the pieces and squirrel them away underneath something for safe keeping.  Instead she would just entertain herself with looking.  Oh these things were so beautiful even if she herself could never get away with wearing any of it.

Suddenly a realization dawned upon her.  This was a known place.  Her Raylan ran this place if she could recall properly.  She was fairly certain that she had heard that the he was starting up his own jewelry business if he hadn't already.  And it seemed he had so Ellie just went on exploring the things on the counter, ever curious, she had to discover every nook and cranny of this place.

Report Post Tip

Clutching a business card in one hand and an umbrella in the other, Yvette was determined to win this particular juggling act while fighting the wind and rain of Detroit. Readjusting her handbag over her shoulder then glancing at the card again Yvette squinted from under her umbrella at the various street names clustered together and pointing in different directions, checked back with the card address, turned right heading towards her destination 'Jewellery by Vilmont' the pieces designed by Vilmont were of the highest quality and demand. Definitely worth putting up with the wind and downpour of rain.

Eventually Yvette found the place she had been searching for, began  to lower, shake and close her umbrella before entering, what she hoped was not only the highlight of her travels but warm too. Stepping through the shop door Yvette looked to the side and found a place to leave her umbrella and looked up and around and beamed. "This place is more beautiful than described" Taking her time wondering around the shop, paused now and again to more closely admire various necklaces, rings or broaches. Eventually Yvette came across a delicate jade and amber bracelet that caught her heart, she looked up and gained the attention of one of the attendants. "I would like this bracelet. Thank you" At first the attendant was surprised at not being asked how much the bracelet cost but then took a proper look at way the redheaded lady dressed and quickly realised money was not an issue. He quickly processed and wrapped the item, handed the box over to Yvette and wondered if she would give in to the gaze she gave the kingfisher broach on display.

While waiting for her new bracelet to be wrapped a beautiful kingfisher broach caught her attention. Yvette's first impulse was to purchase it immediately, she collected kingfisher jewellery because she loved the colourful delicate bird, but on this occasion decided to resist the urge to buy it. Placing her bracelet box into her bag, thanked the shop attendant, collected her umbrella and once again battled the weather in search of her next destination.

Report Post Tip

Perking up, a very familiar scent from long ago hit the nose of the young ferret.  She churred gently as she allowed the memories of warmth and happiness to engulf her.  Her very first family in her first pawsteps in this life.  The Right Hand of her beloved William and a dear friend to her in her own right.  A flash of red hair was seen and Ellie's heart leaped!  She churred joyfully as she waved expertly around the jewelry cases until the woman came into sight.  Purchasing a beautiful bracelet and contemplating an equally pretty broach, Ellie got a running start from the top of the case before practically launching herself at the poor woman.  Now this was not the most brilliant of tactical choices, but Ellie was not attacking.  And she knew that. Surely so did the lovely woman who just came in to buy jewelry.  But whether she knew or not, she suddenly had a ferret flying toward her.

If her flight was true, Ellie would land upon Yvette's shoulder, and if allowed, she would nestle immediately against her neck in a sign of affection and adoration.  It was a movement that was ingrained in the young Don's mind and something that came as natural as breathing.  She had missed this woman so much, having not been able to get over to Philadelphia as much as she would have liked.  Alternating between her soft chitter and churr, she would express how much she missed the woman in the best way she knew how.  She had all but forgotten about the lovely shiny things in the cases for now.

Report Post Tip
Just as Yvette was bracing herself for outside cold a familiar sound danced in her ear and her hand automatically reached towards her left shoulder. The action to ensure a safe landing was second nature, within seconds a dear friend was safely on her shoulder. "Ellie! What a wonderful surprise. Don't tell me how long its been since I last saw you I will be shocked and embarrassed to have let time slip by!" Suddenly Yvette grind and rummaged through her and triumphantly pulled out a very large bag of treats. "I've been collecting these ready to visit" Giving a respectful tickle behind Ellie's ear, offered a treat "I have to say you look fantastic, the Chicago air must agree with you. Also I should arrange to have a tour of the place with you, just think of the mischief we could find!"
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

J-Love was making more money everyday and didn't know what to do with it, he had bought cars and splashed at the bars and was already wearing fancy suits but something was missing, sitting and thinking for a moment he decided he needed a chain to complete his Goomba look so set about finding a suitable piece, he had heard of a jewelry store close by so decided to give it a visit.

As he entered he wasn't sure if the place was for him, everything was extremely expensive looking and fancy, he just wanted a gold chain to show off to his wise guy buddies, he approached the front desk and enquired about a new chain.

"Hello, I don't suppose you can help but i'm just looking for a gold chain for my neck, nothin' too fancy but real gold, gotta be real gold."

The gentleman behind the desk smiles, stands up and wonders off somewhere leaving J-Love to wait, returning moments later he produces a few fine looking chains, not being able to decide between them J-Love agrees to purchase them all.

"Good doing business with you."

Report Post Tip

Roger had come across a little extra cash so he decides to take a peek in the jewlery store. He walks in and is blinded by all the shiny and pretty things on display.

"I'd like to try on a gold chain but nothing too flashy my friend."

He looks in the mirror and thinks to himself that he is pulling it off.

"I'll take this one, nice doing business with you this fine morning."

He walks out with a sleazy smile on his face.

Report Post Tip

While in Detroit on business, she spotted a jewelry shop.  Even better it was owned by her friend Raylan, so it was sure to be classy.  Entering the shop, she noticed a fair amount of people looking, it was a popular place.  She wandered along the display cases, looking at each piece of jewelry, trying to stop herself from buying one of everything.  At one of the last cases she was looking at, she spotted the most amazing diamond necklace.  It was something she had to have, that all girls needed. 

She waved someone over and pointed to the necklace.

I want that necklace.  Do you have anything else to go with it?  Maybe some earrings or a bracelet?

He showed her a couple other things that were just as exquisite. 

I will take them all. 

She rifles through her bag as they ring up the jewelry, placing everything in separate red boxes.  She paid, tucked the items safely into her bag, and headed toward the door.  She spotted the adorable little Ellie and waved.  She always wanted to reach out and pet her, but thought that would be a little weird. 

Report Post Tip

Having been happy with his business with Vilmont's jewelry previously J-Love set about getting some more, this time he wanted some rings, maybe a big one for his pinky. As he entered the place still looked rather expensive and probably over his budget but this didn't concern him as he was set on finding that ring, he approaches the employee behind the counter and explains his needs.

"Hello, I'm looking for a ring for myself, it needs to look manly and expensive, you see I just got a promotion at work and I want this ring to symbolize my authority, it needs to show those wise guys whos boss, got anything like that?"

The employee assures J-Love he will be impressed and hurries off, they return moments later grinning from ear to ear and place a solid gold ring down on the counter, they explain its real gold like the chains hes wearing and this ring will match nicely.

"Aww I knew I could count on you guys!, here take this as a bonus."

J-Love pays for the ring and gives the person behind the counter $200, he slips the newly purchased ring onto his pinky finger and smiles, he walks out feeling a million bucks.

Report Post Tip

Ellie found herself highly pleased by Yvette's response to her presence!  She was equally pleased at seeing her dear friend from Philadelphia!  She wiggled with utmost glee nuzzling in against the woman's neck.  She was so thrilled to see her!  And even as she spoke of not wanting to hear how long it had been, she knew that she was equally guilty of the length of time it had been since they last visited together.  Ellie was highly overjoyed and relieved to see her friend.  She had been one of the first friends she had made in this place after all.

Ears perked up and little nose twitched as she heard and felt Yvette's excitement.  Oh yes!  She had something great to show her!  She just knew it!  Chittering her own excitement, she wiggled about eagerly until she saw the bag of treats drawn from her bag.  Oh happy day!  She nuzzled in against her soft tickle at her ear and practically vibrated with excitement at the idea of exploring these new treats that Yvette had produced!  That was a perfect addition to this day of exploration and curiosities!  

Looking over as she saw the people moving in and out of the shop, she spotted Hayley and waved a paw in a manner that she had seen people do to each other in a manner of greeting.  She loved Hayley to pieces and to see her out and about was a treat and a delight!  But for now she remained there upon Yvette's shoulder, passing adorations with the woman.  She churred in a shy delight at her compliment.  She nuzzled against her neck, twining about to find herself on the other shoulder chattering away into her ear as if she expected that she could understand her.  The poor woman...  But Yvette seemed to take it in stride, talking to her just as if she could understand her perfectly.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

It had been quite some time since he had been alone, he knew that his business was not the best, he rarely had some time alone and decided to buy a nice little necklace for the woman that recently caught his eye, her name was still unknown to him and he did hope that his people could pick something up in the next couple of days, either way, he would not want his business to be halted, he had dealt with the councilman and knew that a man of his renown would not dare move against him in such a manner. 

He knew that he would be protected in such a location, it was local and his security did not need to be around for such an occasion, although he did miss the company of O'Neal, he did find the man unreachable in the last few days as he did seem to be avoiding him after all the business with Caroline and her now, recently broken up status with the dear councilman Renard, he knew what that made him that night and he did not care, he needed to see his nieces back with him, that was all that mattered to him, nothing more, nothing less.

"Excuse me, would you be by chance have a golden-ruby amulet? I would pay quite the handsome price for one, should it be available or special ordered."

Report Post Tip

He was guided over to a small glass case that contained the very amulet of his desire, he knew that it would be something to the right people. Only he was not here to case the joint or see what was valuable, he was here to see what caught his eye and what he could buy for the woman of his admiration, he would make sure that nothing was out of his place, he would make sure that she wanted for nothing but the best, this was simply the beginning, nothing would be out of place for the woman of his desires, he walked closer to the glass casing, tilting his head to the side, admiring the amulet.

He motioned to the assistant that had helped him find the amulet of his desires, knowing that it must have not been easy for the man, he did not wish to make the man anymore busy than he had already, knowing he had other customers possibly. He bowed his head, motioning towards the amulet to which the man seemed to be genuinely happy to assist with, it did seem that this area seemed to be one of his specialties.

"How much for this Amulet? It seems invaluable and priceless, one that would do well around the neck of a very beautiful woman indeed."

He noticed how the man seemed to tense, not believing someone actually wanted to buy the very amulet that had been here for over a decade, it did seem that he would have to tell the man a bit of history around the amulet, knowing that it would do him well to inform the man of its true rarity and value.

Report Post Tip

"That is the story of this amulet, do you still wish to buy it?"             

He heard many tales, stories, legends and facts regarding many priceless artifacts that he acquired over time, only this one pulled him in deeper than he could ever imagine, he knew that this was something he needed to think over for a while and he did, he did not want his flight of wealth to rule him. He could do much with the Amulet for know, he looked to the assistant, he seemed a bit worried that he might actually buy it. Did he also have an interest in such an artifact, from what he heard, it seemed that everyone had an interest in this priceless artifact, that drove him to want this more than anything, he wanted it because he thought that he was meant to find it. 

"Yes, I do wish to buy it. Please prepare for the transaction."

Joe called in his man, who carried a briefcase that had to be filled with cash. He noticed the assistant seemed to be darting his eyes all over the place, he could not help but wonder what the problem was. He did not know, yet Joe was curious, he did not need to be betrayed by an assistant. 

"Understood sir, let us proceed."                           

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Jewelry by Vilmont.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL