Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 23:16:31
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Kenny's Corner Started by: KennyRusso on Jan 12, '19 21:11

KennyRusso and his friend, NARLY, had an idea of opening a little business together. Narly had a contact who had an endless supply of cigarettes with no brand - the plan was to load up AnthonyRusso's old truck and sell them in Detroit. Kenny invited a friend of his, Jukera_Dale to help out and the man accepted, they traveled to Chicago to load up the truck then traveled back to Detroit to sell them.

They parked the truck in the corner of a butcher shop and Narly spread the word around so people could know where to find them, Kenny bribed the police to not send a patrol in that area, so the risk of getting caught and loosing all the supply was near to zero and Jukera_Dale had made up a little "menu" as well and glued it into the back of the truck, so people could choose what they wanted.

Boxes of cigarettes:

Yellow box - 15$

Red box - 10$

Blue box- 10$

White box - 5$

All the boxes contains 10 packs with 20 cigarettes each.

It was a sunny day, the three men brought some chairs and placed them near the back of the truck, they took a seat, talked and shared a cold beer while waiting for their clients. 

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip
That was something Anthony simply had to check. He was fully aware that he had been a huge influence on his younger brother. If maybe Anthony had taken a different path in his life, maybe Kenny had too. It's not as if they have had many opportunities, though. The fact was that, like Anthony, Kenny had learned to try and make money in many different ways. Something Anthony learned and had always tried to teach his brother was that addiction was a valuable source of income. And his brother seemed to assimilate the idea more and more.

On his own initiative, he had opened a bar in Detroit. And now he came up with one more of his ideas, always taking advantage of people's vices. It was a great idea, actually, to sell dubious origin imported cigarettes, which entered the country through the Mexico border without even be taxed. Not everyone was picky when it came to cigarettes.

That's why Anthony let his brother use his old truck. Oh, that truck had seen better days, but it still did the job. In the past, Anthony had carried loads of drinks in it. That was when he started making some real money, back in Philadelphia. Nowadays he had people to do it for him, but he still kept the vehicle. It was good to see that the old truck still had some use, after all that time.

Anthony was passing by and took the opportunity to take a look at the new "place" his brother had going on. That was an area dominated by the Ligambi family, so the boys did not have much to worry about. With the right cops on the payroll, no one would create trouble there. The risk was much more in the transportation of all that cigarette. Anthony approached quietly, as usual, but was quickly seen by his brother.

"Looks like it's all settled, eh, Kenny? How was the travel?" he asked, referring to the journey they had made the day before to get the cigarettes.

Report Post Tip

Kenny was seated by the back of the truck in a old beach chair, with a cigarette in one hand and a cold bottle of beer in the other, he was watching Jukera_Dale and NARLY having a discussion about marijuana, NARLY was defending it and Jukera was attacking it. It was so funny to Kenny that he couldn't help but have a dumb smile on his face the entire time. He looked around and saw a familiar face arriving, it was his brother Anthony approaching quietly, as usual. Kenny quickly threw his cigarette on the ground and got up from his chair with the bottle in hand.

"Hey, brother." Said Kenny shaking his hand then taking a sip from his bottle. "Things are looking good for now, yes. The truck started to make some noises on the road, thought it was going to blow up. But besides that, the travel was pretty calm." He looked at the truck and said loudly, for Narly to hear: "Hey, Narly! Get me a yellow box would ya?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Narly is surrounded by some of his family KennyRusso and Jukera_Dale .

He is smoking a well deserved spliff.. I mean he did just score with Kenny on this cigarette deal. 

"I'm not selfish ill totally share this" says Narly but both of the other men refused . "Awww Jukera_Dale you hate this weed  but personally I think you need to stimulate your mind" he says. Before anyone can reply Kenny throws his cigarette and jumps up to meet his brother. 

They converse for a second while Narly is still tryna explaining to Jukera why weed should be smoked by even the president Kenny yells for a yellow box of cigarettes.

Narly jumps up and goes to the truck for the cigarettes . He grabbed a pack and tossed him to Kenny after that he sat back down and continued to throw rocks at Jukeras mental with this weed situation. 

Report Post Tip

Kenny looks at Narly jumping swiftly into the back of the truck and getting that yellow box he asked, Narly was an impressive athlete and he must be! On the line of work he chose, being one of the best drug dealers around, you need to know how to run fast and climb things if the cops manage to spot will one day, Narly was one of those men who could get out of any bad situation.

"Thanks, man!" Kenny says as he grabs the box that Narly threw at him. "Good arm you have there!" He says, as he looks at Narly getting back on his seat. Kenny turns his attention back to his brother. "Here, take this." He says as he extends the box for his brother to grab. "I tried every one of the boxes and the yellow one is the better. I hope you like it." Kenny indeed tried every one of those boxes as they traveled back from Chicago, the red one was too strong for him, the blue one was too weak and the white one just tasted like crap. He thought of giving the white one to Anthony just to look at his face when he takes a gulp, but he couldn't do that to his brother, the thing really tasted like horse shit.

Kenny hands over the box to Anthony then rubs the cold bottle on his forehead. The sun is strong today and Kenny is all sweat and he notices that his brother is too. "Want to join us for a cold one, Tony?" Kenny points where he stashed some bottles of beer with a lot of ice.

Report Post Tip

Anthony took the yellow box his brother was offering to him and immediately pulled out a pack from it. He was an inveterate smoker. While he lights one of the cigarettes, he hears the younger brother offering him a beer. Well, it was really early in the morning and Anthony still had a lot to do, but it seemed like a good idea.

"Ok, give me one."

He get closer to the chairs and take a long puff of the cigarette. It was better than he imagined.

"Not bad at all, Kenny..."  he finally turns his attention to the other two guys who were having some kind of discussion there. "Good morning, boys."

Report Post Tip

Kenny approached the big plastic box where the bottles of beer were stashed with some ice, got on his knees and opened it up, he felt a cold, chilling breeze coming up from the box, he placed his hand in most of the bottles to find the coldest one, he found it then grabbed it, cracked it up and delivered to his brother, he reached for his pockets and grabbed one cigarette of the yellow one then lit, taking a long gulp while his brother took some sips from the cold beer.

"Pretty good smoke, eh? Better then the ones with brand that you find around the city." He took another long gulp, he is a inveterate smoker just like his brother, and to be honest? Kenny is almost the same person as Anthony, because back in the day, while they were growing up in the periphery of Philly, Kenny always looked up to his big brother, always admired the man. Kenny took a sip from his beer then sat down on the chair and stood there, seeing their friends talking and waiting for the clients.

Report Post Tip

LillisMolly is out of smoke and sees the sign on Kenny´s Corner, walks in the store and walks in front of the clerk behind the desk.

"Can you please slip over 2 red box of cigarettes please. here you have 20$ for ir"

Well out on the street again LillisMolly opens one of the boxes, takes out a package and opens the cigarett-packet, lights up a smoke and take a deep smoke, aaaaa feels good.

Report Post Tip

Jonesin for a cigarette I decide to give my homies some business.  Word on the street is to check out the butcher shop.  Walking up the street I spot the truck and the back is closed but I know the code, 2 knocks, then 1 then 2 and the back flies open and I greet Kenny and Narly.  Kenny says hey and ask what's my pleasure?  Red box and pass him a 10 spot thank him and I'm off.

After packing my smokes I open up the pack and pull one out, grab the zippo and fire it up.  With a long pull my craving is is satisfied.

Report Post Tip

"Morning Anthony ,how's it shaking my man?" asked Narly . Word must have spread around town the family and anybody whose anybody is starting to come thru. Good Sign. It's always good to have a legit business with all the money we are racking in even if the  business is only a front for more illegal activity .

Narly felt good about this whole thing .He knew it would prove well with all the loose ends tied up they needed to square away a last piece of business...

Report Post Tip

"Definitely better than some, yeah." he replied to his brother. 

Anthony pulled up a chair for himself and sat down.

"Hey Narly, not much, pal. I just stopped to see how you guys were hanging out here. It seems you already got some clientele, uh?"

He took a long sip of the beer.
Report Post Tip

"Yeah man things are looking good...it's hot as hell out here....Yo Kenny what time is he gonna be here again?" asked Narly .

Anything that required Narly's presence had to go right and be executed smoothly . Too much trickery or stalling and your bound to have a bullet in your skull before your brain can say "The gig is up!" Success demanded everyone to be on point .With that being said Narly made it a priority to always be one step ahead. But unfortunately it was just the mixture of it being too damn hot and his impatience .

Report Post Tip

"He will be here shortly, man. Don't worry." Kenny says to NARLY while he gets up and heads for the big icy plastic box with all the cold beer. "We don't need resupply now but I am sure that he is coming to see how the operation is going." Kenny another time looks for the coldest beer in the box and grabs it, he finished his cigarette and throws it on the ground then walks in the direction of Narly, extending the beer to him.

"Drink another cold one pal, I can see this heat is getting you a little impatient. Just relax, smoke some weed, drink a cold one. Soon your contact will be around."

Kenny heads to the box again and grabs a bottle for himself, he cracks it up then takes a long sip. He looks up to the sky and see some clouds getting in front of the sun, gladly. They picked a horrible spot to park the truck, the sun was hitting them pretty strong. Kenny heads back to his chair and takes a seat again looking at Narly refreshing himself with the beer he have him.

Report Post Tip

UNAWARE Kenny passed him a ice cold beer , Narly drunk.  He relaxed and contemplated on everything up to this point .

FlashBack-Update

The "clients" they were waiting on were better known as Dexter Mcneil aka DirtyDex and his so called "security crew" .Narly ran into this slime ball years prior.  "Saved his ass and he made me feel like the villain," thought Narly. 

DirtyDex had prolonged payments to alot of people and it wasn't a problem until Narly's money started to become involved. This scum is sneaky and slithers with the snakes people "say" they were having a hard time finding him. We are a creature of habit and there lies weakness.

In other words caught him at the stripclub having a wonderful time and had a "word" with him in the back . Let's just say there a look in a man's eyes when he'll do ANYTHING but fuck with you . But apparently you've pissed off somebody big-time and they want you dead ,look I'll handle it kid .

Debts were paid, the slime ball didnt die and Narly liked smoking cigarettes and Dex had an endless supply so Narly demanded 30 percent of his profits and free cigarettes . "That's the only point of your existence so be good at it." Narly directed to DirtyDex. 

Narly moved on and continued making money and solidifying his business and personal life . Upon recent talks with KennyRusso about running a business together . They joked about how much they liked cigarettes ,noticing the big amount they spent monthly on the habbit and also discussing his connect and the contract he had with DirtyDex. Kenny had an Idea in mind and told Narly to get in contact and set it up.

Since then Kenny has been handling all business but Narly knows DirtDex is always trying to pull one. " Hey, Kenny can we discuss what you and DirtyDex have drawn out as far as the business ."

Report Post Tip

The woman is walking around the streets of Detroit while looking for something, that she could buy and take back to Chicago with her when she does eventually go back after her trip around the country. So far she already saw so much, but there were still some cities missing. Nonetheless, she enjoys her time here in Detroit even if it would probably be a rather short stay, due to her already planned a flight to the city of Angels. She wanders around the streets of Detroit as she sees a shop that is called Kenny´s corner. When the woman enters the place, she can see that is selling cigarettes.

Stacy does not smoke or drink at all. Maybe just very very rarely the one or two glasses of alcohol but she could buy some of the boxes to sell them onto idiots for more expensive. At her heart, Stacy was a good businesswoman and also versed with handling money. She keeps account of her finances for fun while writing everything down in her books. She smiles as she approaches KennyRusso to inquire about a possible deal. ''Nice collection. How much do you want for ten packs of each box?''  she asks.

Report Post Tip

Kenny is sitting, drinking and smoking as he sees Stacy approach him and his old truck, he quickly gets up and throws his cigarette on the ground, he takes a long sip of his beer, finishing it. He places the bottle near the ice box then breathes heavily. The man is tired, sleeping is being hard for him since the lost of his friend Lucia and his brother AnthonyRusso. He sends Stacy a tired smile as he listens to what she says.

"Hello lady. Well, all boxes have ten packs." He gives a little laugh then says. "40 dollars. You don't look like a smoker so I take it you want to sell them?" Kenneth makes a thinking face, considering propose a little deal to Stacy, he climbs the truck and grabs a box of each color then places it in a plastic bag. He jumps back on the ground and looks at Stacy.

"I'll make 30 dollars for you, just make sure to tell them where you got the product." He hands the plastic bag to her then adds. "Ah, and don't forget to mention to your clients that the white box tastes like horse shit." He smiles and waits for his payment.

Report Post Tip

The young woman awaits the owner's answer as she is trying to make out a deal with him. She still hopes that it will be an acceptable one. For one she is not poor, but also not wealthy, so the woman does not carry too much money on her. While the cash is technically not lacking right now, most of it is in her hotel, safely stored away for her little tour around the country which should end in not too long, after all, she saw most of the cities already.

As the man starts talking to her, she shakes her head as she was daydreaming as it is so often the case. His voice brings her out of her other world and back into reality. Stacy can see, that KennyRusso is tired, but why? That is unknown to her, but maybe he just slept poorly?  The deal that he proposed to her seems very generous to her, and so she gives him a wide smile back. This was definitely to her liking as she is watching him put everything in a plastic bag.

Are we going even further down with the price? She was pleased about that and cannot help but laugh 
''Want me to advertise your business? I can do that, thanks a lot for your deal. I do indeed intend to sell them. It is an easy way to make some sideway cash, you see? That does remind me. I always see the Russo name wherever I see you. I saw that name multiple times in the notes of my mother. She talked about the Russo brothers; it is nice to meet you''  she smiles.

Report Post Tip

Kenny hands Stacy the plastic bag then yawns. He stares at her after the yawn to see if it really is contagious, to his disappointment it isn't. He walks towards the big plastic box filled with ice then grabs a cold beer, he cracks it up and takes a sip. He tilts his head to the box then say to Stacy.

"Want a cold one?" He takes another sip, he is a little sweaty because the day is hot. Again. "And well, if you advertise my business no one loses. People will drop by here while you earn some side money. Always that you need product you can come here and I'll give you for the same price.

He shakes his head a bit when she mentions her mother, he stops to think who she is related too. "She talked?" "Notes of my mother? Kenny thinks for himself. Maybe her mother got killed a few days ago, and Kenny immediately remembers his friend who got killed, Lucia.

"You are Lucia's kid?!" Kenny says with a surprised tone. "I didn't knew she had a daughter. It's so nice to meet you too! I'm sorry for your loss." He nods to her in respect. He was very close to Lucia and her death totally shocked him.

Report Post Tip

The woman raises an eyebrow as she sees KennyRusso yawning. She is wondering if the man did not sleep well or if he was merely bored of his job and life in general, although that would probably be a question, that she would not find the answer to. She takes the plastic bag in her hands and smiles, thanking the man. It does not take long until he asks her a question, that she answers by nodding at him.

It is indeed a hot day, and so she could use it. 
''Yeh that would be great thanks. It is quite crazy, how warm it is today. Very unusual is it not? I imagine that you must be going crazy inside the truck here if you are stuck here all day with the heat. Why not take a break from time to time and catch some fresh air? But I would always advertise your business if I buy from here. A kind of mutual business relationship right? Both profit''

The young woman nods again as the man concludes, that Stacy was indeed the daughter of Lucia. It is a bit funny to see him so surprised though and so she cannot hold back a little giggle. ''I am indeed Stacy the daughter of Lucia...Yeh it is horrible what happened. Kind of hard to be so young and without mother, you know? I barely turned to be an adult not long ago''  she sighs.

Report Post Tip

"Problem is that I am alone here today." He replies, taking another sip from the beer and heading to the big ice box, he grabs a bottle and cracks it open for Stacy, handing to her. "When I have Narly or Jukera here to help out I always drop by the butcher shop. The guy always keeps some ice cream in his fridge for me, hah!"

He listens to Stacy talking about her mother and lets a sad expression slips through his face, he takes another sip from the beer and grabs a pack of cigarettes, he lit one then stashes back where he found it. He takes a long drag from the thing, puffing the smoke away from Stacy. "I was a few miles away from her when she died. I could've done something if I was fast enough." And that was true, when the Rogue hit Lucia, Kenny was in the same city, Las Vegas and in the same district, The Strip. He lets out a big sigh then adds. "Well, you seem to know how to take care of yourself.. Your thinking about selling these cigarettes are smart, I'm sure you will do well on the streets. But if you ever need anything, you can come to me. I owe that to your mother."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Kenny's Corner
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL